Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool: Post Match

Read 42828 times
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Re: Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool: Post Match
      Reply #253: Apr 15, 2009 06:21:12 pm
      Couldn't get on line last night! but was proud of every one of them. Thought Masch in particular was awesome. I would give credit where it's due to Lampard-as much as i dislike him- But Drogba is a disgrace to the game of football
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #254: Apr 15, 2009 06:31:27 pm
      Well if we concede seven goals over two games, should we really expect to go through?
      Xabi Alonso however was on fire last night, and has been for the majority of the season and I will truly be gutted if he leaves. There is no way he could be adequately be replaced by Gareth Barry. Xabi is a maestro in midfield.
      Couldn't agree more
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #255: Apr 15, 2009 06:41:09 pm
      I'm proud to be a red. End off.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #256: Apr 15, 2009 06:42:35 pm
      what do you think about Reina? maybe he insn't strong enough for Liverpool? first goal was on his conscience ???
      You can't blame Reina at all he maybe made a mistake but you have to let him off for that, he didn't mean to do it and it doesnt mean we should get rid of him. Think about Gerrard in the 2005 League cup Final, he scored an own goal and Chelsea went on to beat us by 1 goal. But you wouldn't get rid of him because of 1 little mistake, well I know I wouldn't anyway.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #257: Apr 15, 2009 07:01:18 pm
      magnificent!!!!!! super super super reds !!!!!!..........by the way is drogba in the olympic diving team ??/ ..really do hate this man
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #258: Apr 15, 2009 07:20:10 pm
      Never thought i could feel this good about a loss,what a game absolute blinder.every one of the players on that pitch (bar that cheating diving obnoxious tw*t drogba.) were excellent .
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #259: Apr 15, 2009 09:36:54 pm
      At the risk of upsetting everyone here I just have to say that I just don't get all the euphoria on here about this tie....we've just conceded 7 goals in a two-legged European tie...that is one of the worst results in the history of the club....I just can't see where all the pride is coming from.

In the first leg, by all accounts, we just never showed up...at Anfield! To be beaten by a better team is one thing, but to be out fought is inexcusable.

Now the second leg....for 30 minutes we took the game to Chelsea and bossed it....no argument and fair play to all concerned....but then we took the foot off the gas and lost the momentum. After that it was fairly even but we really "lost" the rest of the game 4-2 so to speak, which is another appalling show.

Not only that, Rafa had clearly given up on it with his reluctance to bring on Babel and eventually bringing off Torres. He can't claim any credit for the fight back, that was purely down to the players. Can anyone imagine Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Souness or Dalglish or even Houllier giving up like that? Shame, shame, shame, and not the first time he's done that either.

All in all we've been out-played, out-thought and out-fought over 120 minutes of football, us being in charge for only about one quarter of it.

If that is good enough to send you all into delirium then that's fine but it is not good enough for me.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #260: Apr 15, 2009 09:48:08 pm
      Feel really devastated that we have not reached the semi finals after such a spirited display. Afraid the tie was lost in the 1st leg at Anfield.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #261: Apr 15, 2009 11:19:07 pm
      So proud of the boys. There are alot of IFs and BUTs but wasnt it a great game? We give it our all. Lets now concentrate on the big one. Seeing Arsenal now facing Man United. This will stretch United's tiredness.... this might just be a blessing.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #262: Apr 15, 2009 11:20:15 pm
      I am really proud with them.. BRAVO LIVERPOOL <3
      Roland G
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #263: Apr 16, 2009 05:34:50 am
      We had a foot in the semis at 2-0 until the hand of fate (*cough**), I mean Pepe intervened. Had we not conceded that first goal, I believe that we would have progressed. Close but no cigar. What a massive perfomance. We can hold our heads up high. Credit to the lads for giving it a right go.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #264: Apr 16, 2009 08:13:33 am
      The game is over, we cannot change anything about it. However despite being knocked out of the champions league, we can still hold our heads up high and call this a good season in the UCL. Yes, Europe's our stage, but this season, its just not fated to be. Facing Chelsea and even then if we had got through, there's Barca to face with Eto'o, Henry and Messi scoring 86 goals between them all season.

Hard to take, but not everything runs in our favour. Plus point, we've just got 6 matches left while United got at least 10 games left, so we'll be fresher towards the run-in at the season's end. We'll be ready for the fight.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #265: Apr 16, 2009 08:56:31 am
      May not have gotten to the next round but definitely a performance to be proud off. Kept fighting till the last second.

If Arsenal , Chelsea or MU had lost 3-1 at home in the first leg, I'd never bet on them to score 3 goals away let alone 4. We needed to score 3 away goals and we got 4.

The players showed character and that's what matters.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #266: Apr 16, 2009 09:41:25 am
      I read that UEFA slotted this game into one of the 10 classics that graced the Champions League of all time. Well in Liverpool for giving the plastic team a huge scare!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #267: Apr 16, 2009 10:10:47 am
      Well done to our lads for never giving up.I thought we had Chelsea on the ropes in the first half but sadly they got back in the game.How the hell did Drogba not get booked for rolling back onto the pitch when he was supposedly injured.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #268: Apr 16, 2009 10:44:54 am
      Hiddink sure taught his DOGba how to do the rollover well. He executed the trick perfectly. Sure wonder why he did the X thing...it is means that they will get the some serious slashing from barcelona??
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #269: Apr 16, 2009 11:36:50 am
      I'm delighted with Liverpools performance, BUT at the end of the day it was just a waste of energy we may need in the PL now. I could have understood it when the CL was our only chance, but I can't understand it while we are trying to get our 19th title. Still it showed that this team has a gorgous spirit.
      zzlamezz123
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #270: Apr 16, 2009 04:42:54 pm
      We had  a good performance but the 1st leg was the difference...oh well now we have to keep our heads up and concentrate on the EPL. Our last chance of a silverware this season
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #271: Apr 16, 2009 08:47:54 pm
      Watched the replay again. One thing angry me is Drogba. What a diver! He should be a actor insteat! He probebly taken a acting class before the game to dive that good and fools the referee everytime. Even know "The King of the Divers" - C. Ronaldo dive at the highest level, but Drogba taken it to the next level. He sure need to open a divers' school after retirement.
      eraser
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #272: Apr 16, 2009 09:06:04 pm
      ...oh well now we have to keep our heads up and concentrate on the EPL.
      absolutely agree. every match is very important and we have to win all
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #273: Apr 16, 2009 10:34:13 pm
      Well done to these fine young gentlemen, who on there way to Stamford Bridge, stopped at Watford services, robbed a load of the sun rags, then F***ing torched them.

Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #274: Apr 17, 2009 10:25:16 am
      Well done to these fine young gentlemen, who on there way to Stamford Bridge, stopped at Watford services, robbed a load of the sun rags, then F***ing torched them.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #275: Apr 17, 2009 10:32:58 am
      :lmao:!

Quick Reply