Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jaaskelainen speaks out at Liverpool

Read 3027 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Jaaskelainen speaks out at Liverpool
      Jan 02, 2007 06:43:15 pm
      Jussi Jaaskelainen has hit back at Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez following his criticism of Bolton prior to the New Year's Day game.

Benitez suggested Bolton's tactics would not work in Spain and also branded El Hadji Diouf a diver.

It is not the first time Benitez has criticised Sam Allardyce's side and Jaaskelainen has called for the Spaniard to show some more respect.

"It's not nice the things that their manager has said," Jaaskelainen told the Bolton News.

"I think he should give us more respect because we have earned it with what we have done.

"It's easy for them because they can go out and spend millions and millions and millions.

"We don't, we're trying to work hard and work for each other and we have earned a little more respect than they give us."

Liverpool were comfortable 3-0 winners at Anfield as Bolton struggled to mount any meaningful attacks.

After the game, Allardyce also voiced his displeasure at Benitez's comments.

He said: "I wasn't happy with what he said.

"I don't know why he said it, you would have to ask him that."

This keeper has the cheek to want respect ?, isn't this the same keeper that was time wasting after only 2 mins of the game. He was quite happy to waste as much time as possible until his team went behind. Yes he is a very good / talented keeper, but his / Bolton's tactics are a joke. He also had the cheek to complain about Reina trying to time waste late on in the match.
      Who could watch that type of football week in week out - no wonder they couldn't even sell there quata of away tickets.
      Sorry Bolton and Jussi - any wonder why Big Fat Sam never got the Englands job ??  it's not rocket science
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Jaaskelainen speaks out at Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 02, 2007 07:02:00 pm
      Good post.  Bolton play awful football.

A bit of simmering hatred between the two bosses.  I still wish Rafa had kept schtum in the first place but the antics of Jussi were disgraceful.

They got the result they deserved.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jan 02, 2007 08:40:34 pm
      I know, they play very abnormal. Hoof the ball and get a head on it. Thats all they can do. As for Jussi, I'm sorry we had to rain on your 'good performances'. Cry baby.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Jan 02, 2007 09:11:13 pm
      Lets put this into some perspective shall we. (Clicks fingers far out in front and begins typing.)

Rafa makes comments like this to point out some things that he doesnt particulary like about the way Bolton play football. He has every right to state those opions because he doesnt like the way Bolton play. Their style of play is not nice to watch its not entertainment its boring this is a fact by the number of tickets they sell each match (did anyone see the away supporters end btw). Fat Sam is proud of the reputation of his side being a physical tough side, he thinks he had the same reputation as a player. But as a player Fat Sam was the first to start moaning when he was tackled hard and is the first to start moaning when his side are physically challenged and are also tackled hard. (case in instance was the rake across the chest that Nolan recieved from Stevie G last season did that fat bung taking bloater moan or what).

Jaaskelainen harks on about showing more respect, they were shown respect by the linesmen who said Pepe handled outside the area in the match at the reebok. What does he want from us a f***ing ice cream with spinkles on the top.
      This is immature behavior for a keeper I repsect as a proffesional moaning an whinging because his side has lets face it taken a bloody good beating and has been given a footballing lesson, and also been put in their f***ing place.

This is the old addage you Cocky Bolton lot you got too big for your boots, had a footballing lesson from the greatest club on this planet. What pisses you off more is the fact the rest of the league looked up and saw what we did to you and how tactically sh*te Fat Sam is and what worries them now is the fact that everyone will endeavour to play against them in wide areas not allowing their so called physical prowess to crunch you as you run up the middle.

Jaaskelainen just put your hands up and state you were well and truly beat both you your team and tactically your coach, and thank your lucky stars that you were in goal for your team because you would have gone down to 5 6 or even 7 and how embarrasing would that have been for you.

In closing why should anyone show you or your team respect you havent earned it ever, you see you have to earn respect not command it from comments like yours, you think because youve won 5 games on the trot you deseve respect. When you have won 5 European Championships come back with your banal comments, until then SHUT YOUR f***ing MOUTH.

END RANT

Bring on Arsenal.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Jan 02, 2007 09:14:15 pm
      Agreed there Prag, good post.  Whining bas**rds !!   ;) ;D
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 02, 2007 09:17:36 pm
      Amen to That Pragmatic  ;) This topic can't go any further as Pragmatic said it all!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #6: Jan 02, 2007 09:39:01 pm
      Love reading your posts Pragmatic, you just say as you feel !! :o
      top man.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jan 02, 2007 09:42:35 pm
      I think we should take prag out for a bevvie and get him going, he's be great in a pub debate on the reds,  ;) ;D
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 02, 2007 09:48:16 pm
      Where's there a nice place to drink in Liverpool then smigger15?  :ernaehrung004:   ;)
      Oh just to say that Chavs are finding it hard against the Villans!! Still 0-0 with 5 mins plus stopage time!

Catch them Chavs!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #9: Jan 02, 2007 09:48:24 pm
      I think we should take prag out for a bevvie and get him going, he's be great in a pub debate on the reds,  ;) ;D

only on the reds tho', would hate for politics to be involved.
      is there any 24 hr pubs to meet up in then ??
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #10: Jan 02, 2007 11:32:15 pm
      Did any one else get onto the fact that Jaaskelainen was wasting time at every avaliable oppertunity and got away with it, but in the second half when Pepe wasn't in any rush Graham Poll Bollocked him and started pointing at his watch!!!!  :o
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Jan 03, 2007 01:17:38 am
      Yeah' haha he's posted some good posts.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #12: Jan 03, 2007 01:37:15 am
      Prag is a genius, ever think of writing for LFC mag or newspaper?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #13: Jan 03, 2007 06:09:04 pm
      Where's there a nice place to drink in Liverpool then smigger15?  :ernaehrung004:   ;)
      Oh just to say that Chavs are finding it hard against the Villans!! Still 0-0 with 5 mins plus stopage time!

Catch them Chavs!!
      only on the reds tho', would hate for politics to be involved.
      is there any 24 hr pubs to meet up in then ??

Plenty of pubs to bevvie in in Liverpool, were are you all from then ?   Not Liverpool ??    I think when we go to Cardiff in May we should all meet up for a bevvie and if we aint got tickets then all meet up in Liverpool Town Centre and watch the Cup Final together, i'm sitting next to Prag though !!     ;D ;D ;D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 05, 2007 12:35:56 pm
      Now Sammy Lee has waded in to the debate

"We respect other people's opinion and how other clubs play, but we would just hope that they would grant us the same respect," Lee said in the Daily Star.

"Rafa Benitez's comments were particularly scathing, they were hurtful and very disappointing.

"I don't for one minute agree with his views. There is a misconception about Bolton and it has gone on for a long time.

"And when people criticise us, I take it as a slight on myself because I am part of what Sam is trying to achieve here.

"We don't criticise what goes on at other clubs. It is just not in our make-up."
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: Jan 05, 2007 01:01:35 pm
      Now Sammy Lee has waded in to the debate

"We respect other people's opinion and how other clubs play, but we would just hope that they would grant us the same respect," Lee said in the Daily Star.

"Rafa Benitez's comments were particularly scathing, they were hurtful and very disappointing.

"I don't for one minute agree with his views. There is a misconception about Bolton and it has gone on for a long time.

"And when people criticise us, I take it as a slight on myself because I am part of what Sam is trying to achieve here.

"We don't criticise what goes on at other clubs. It is just not in our make-up."

gobs***e ! You'd never believe he was at Anfield for years and years

Quick Reply