Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool v Arsenal - Pre Match Thread

Read 36870 times
      phillio67
      • Justice For The 96
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts |
      Re: Liverpool v Arsenal - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #138: Apr 20, 2009 11:21:23 pm
      Well i am quite confident we can do it , come on you redmen !!!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #139: Apr 20, 2009 11:37:23 pm
      Let's not forget that not only did we score four again in our last game, but we also let four in too. I know the circumstances of that game were all or nothing but we still let four goals in non the less and this game against Arsenal is obviously a must win!

And in the game against Blackburn, we were guilty of being too casual in the final third for a lot of the game.

So we've got too sharpen up on these factors for me tomorrow. And there can be absolutely no complacency no matter how many players they have out. I want to see all our players switched on, fully focused and fired up for this game. And the same goes for the Anfield crowd...
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #140: Apr 21, 2009 12:08:54 am
      If any of the fans needed any incentive to sing our lads to victory tonight, just picture the Arse fans singing that ridiculously sh*te '1-0, to the Arsenal' chant. Oh lord it makes me cringe that does.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #141: Apr 21, 2009 12:19:01 am
      The one thing that I've realised about Rafa is that he has now focused on an aggresive attack minded mentality at crucial times of the season. Tomorrow is one of those.I personally have of lot of respect for Wenger and his style of play, but I think tomorrow with his selection problems and his obvious focus on CL progression now that 4th place seems secure, we will face a more reserved Arsenal performance, so I fully expect a 2-1/3-i win.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #142: Apr 21, 2009 01:09:19 am
      Nothing less than a win!!

I believe Fernando Torres can give their defence a hard time and Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano could take on their midfield.
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #143: Apr 21, 2009 01:18:42 am
      I'm buzzing about tomorrow I belive liverpool will beat arsenal 2-0 come on if chavski can beat them liverpool can
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #144: Apr 21, 2009 01:37:27 am
      If ever there was a game we could focus on then this is it. Stick with me, get a few tinnies in, and tomorrow we celebrate.
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #145: Apr 21, 2009 03:21:54 am
      I posted agreement with lfcjoey earlier on in this thread with a team he suggested, but I think now that Lucas will play, he'll probably be a good player for us eventually, but at the moment i think he's a touch lightweight, he seems to get pushed off the ball to easily.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #146: Apr 21, 2009 04:03:41 am
      A Liverbird upon my chest,
      We are men of Shankly's best!
      A team that plays the Liverpool way,
      And wins the Championship in May!

A song for the occasion. Even without our inspiration captain, this should be a great team performance.

Come on you Red men!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #147: Apr 21, 2009 05:51:09 am
      I'm not going to be too complacent knowing that RVP and Adebayor are not playing.

The Arse are still a good side and always like causing problems for the 3 other top 4 teams so we know it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Players have to be right on their mettle form the off ...we know how much is at stake and I believe in front of a boisterous Anfield crowd we will go on to score a 3-0 victory. it wont be easy but we'll do it. Fernando to get his form back with a hattrick.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #148: Apr 21, 2009 08:23:42 am
      With the form Torres is in and the way the team is playing at the moment,i can't see anything other than a 2 or 3-0 win
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #149: Apr 21, 2009 08:34:17 am
      Ferguson puts full faith in Arsenal

Sir Alex Ferguson has no concerns about the team Arsene Wenger will pick for Arsenal's key Premier League clash with Liverpool at Anfield tonight.

A point for Rafael Benitez's men will be enough to send them top once more, even though they will have played two games more than Manchester United.

However, Arsenal's chances of avoiding defeat could be adversely affected if Wenger decides to make a significant number of changes to the team defeated by Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday.

Having fielded a virtual second team himself against Everton at Wembley, Ferguson is hardly in a position to complain.

In any case, he does not believe any team Wenger sends into battle will lack hunger, which is why he is confident Arsenal will give Liverpool a stern test.

"I don't know what Arsene will be thinking about (tonight) but no matter what, Arsenal always try," said Ferguson.

"That is the mantra of Arsene himself. He is a winner.

“Providing they try, it is all I can ask for."

However, Ferguson recognises the most important task for his team this week is to beat Portsmouth at Old Trafford tomorrow night.

After winning their last two games to end a two-match losing streak, the Red Devils are in the happy position of knowing they can afford to slip up once on their seven game run-in and still complete a Premier League title hat-trick.

"I am not concerned about tomorrow's game," he said, referring to Arsenal's visit to Anfield.

"I will concern myself with my own team. That is enough for me to think about."

Part of that thinking will be the fact that Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic combined to help keep another clean sheet in Sunday’s penalty shoot-out defeat to Everton, reiterating the point that the defensive woes that had been hanging over them last month, could now be a thing of the past.

"The win at Sunderland a couple of weeks ago was a watershed because the defence was starting to look solid again," said Ferguson.

"That was important because now we are on the run in, we want to cement the foundation we have had for most of the season."

With seven games remaining, United are in the happy position of knowing they can afford to slip up once and not be caught, even though they are likely to have dropped back to second by the time Paul Hart’s improving side arrive at Old Trafford tomorrow.

"We have seven games left," said Ferguson.

"All we want to do now is whittle them down one by one. We can only do that by winning."

Meanwhile, Ferguson can see no resolution to the pitch problems which blighted this weekend's FA Cup semi-finals.

After Arsene Wenger's attack on the Wembley surface, which he branded “a disaster" following Arsenal's defeat to Chelsea, Ferguson weighed in with his own criticism.

"There is nothing you can do about it," said Ferguson.

"It is the FA's baby and they have to deal with it themselves.

"I understand the cost of paying for it means the stadium has to be used for other things.

"But when you keep pulling the pitch up and and putting a new one down, it is difficult to bed in.

"Since the new stadium opened, there a very few games when there have been a lot of goals.

"From a spectator's point of view, when he is paying that amount of money, it is an issue."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/ferguson-puts-full-faith-in-arsenal-14275520.html

More Mind Games? Piling the pressure on Wenger? Mantra Indeed.

Does Fergie ever shut up?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #150: Apr 21, 2009 10:28:51 am
      ^^^ I wish he'd stop interfering with other managers/teams/clubs/tactics/mind games etc, it's becoming tedious now.

It is so obvious that he's worried about Liverpool, hence the fact that whoever were about to play, he proclaims that their Manager is the best in the world, and how he knows they won't let anybody down, and how he knows they'll do their best etc etc etc.......

Shut up Fergie, concentrate on your own bloody team will you for god sake  :f_steam:

Because we couldn't give a sh*t about you or your stupid shitty team.

Anyway back :ontopic:

We are going to give the Arse a good pasting tonight.
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2009 12:25:29 pm by MsGerrard »
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #151: Apr 21, 2009 10:34:11 am
      Stevie's out for the match I've heard?? Whats the team?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #152: Apr 21, 2009 10:36:30 am
      Stevie's out for the match I've heard?? Whats the team?

Stevie is out of the game unfortunately, but we won't know the team till about an hour before kick off.
      Mario91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #153: Apr 21, 2009 10:37:05 am
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #154: Apr 21, 2009 11:06:32 am
      Nice one Mario91 , did you see all those hand gesture's hope Fregie and fat Sam watch this ?. On a serious note this is a must win game , I say 1 Nil with Dirk to score.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #155: Apr 21, 2009 11:17:12 am
      Hmm.. thanks MsG. Stevie being out is a bummer, he loves big games.
      I still think we'll get the win. Anything less than a win means Man U really would have the chance to get ahead of us again.
      I think 2-0 Torres double.

Nice Mario91.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #156: Apr 21, 2009 11:22:37 am
      Personally I wouldn't even care less about what that whiskey nose Ferguscum thinks about Rafa or us! It's Liverpool vs Arsenal not Liverpool vs Fergie Man U scums! Arsene is a winner, yeah you got it right when they hammer your poor manure next!
      phillio67
      • Justice For The 96
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts |
      Reply #157: Apr 21, 2009 12:01:25 pm
      Bring on the Gooners, we can do it ...2-1 for the mighty LFC
      redsonfire
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #158: Apr 21, 2009 12:05:17 pm
      Still up for a tough fight with a top team, no doubt in need of 3 points.

Still think its 2-1 to us, a Torres double.
      skrtelivision
      • Skrtelivision
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #159: Apr 21, 2009 12:10:55 pm

yes but if Masch had brought him down like he had chance to do, they never would have scored and we possibly gone through 3-2 on agg.

But im pretty sure our full backs will deal well with him tonight, maybe aurelio will start on the left side to track back and cover.
      gitau.kennedy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #160: Apr 21, 2009 12:15:30 pm
      Well, we just have to have a good go at them the way we did at chelsea. The lads must have belief and Stamina...

Quick Reply