Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Hillsborough: European Courts looking at Anne Williams' case

Read 9392 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Hillsborough: European Courts looking at Anne Williams' case
      Mar 22, 2007 08:10:01 pm
      We have received this email and been asked to publish it on the site.  Good luck Anne. Justice for the 96

HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH

WILLIAMS VS THE UNITED KINGDOM

Dear All,

It has been 17 years since 96 people, including my lovely son Kevin, sadly lost their lives at the Hillsborough football disaster and still the fight for justice continues. At the inquests, the coroner imposed a 3.15 pm cut off time stating that all 96 would have been dead or brain dead by that time, so no evidence was heard after that time when Hillsborough was at its worst.

Over the years I have tracked down everybody who helped Kevin that day and to my horror found out that Kevin was not dead by 3.15pm. He died at 4pm in the arms of a police lady calling for his MUM. When the pathologist explained Kevin's injuries to the jury, he told them that Kevin was the worst of all the 96. I was horrified as I had said goodbye to Kevin and he looked lovely. He just looked asleep; there were no facial markings on him. I consulted a forensic pathologist who told me Kevin did not die from traumatic asphyxia and would not have been dead or brain dead by 3.15pm. Kevin would have been able to speak the word MUM and he would have survived up till 4pm that day when he died in the arms of the police lady. Kevin could have been saved all he needed was oxygen.

Kevin did not fit into the 3.15pm cut off time so witness statements were changed. I was told lies about my son's injuries. I then decided to take the system on. I cannot live with all the lies just to protect their own, what I cannot come to terms with is the way the families of the dead and the survivors have been treated.

Myself and five other families went for a judicial review in 1993 opposing the 3.15pm cut off time for the 96, but we were not successful. My numerous submissions to the Attorney General asking him to give me a new inquest into the death of my son Kevin have been refused.

Roger Cook presented Kevin's case in a documentary and helped me uncover more of the Hillsborough cover up, including witnesses that had never been called to give evidence either at the Taylor inquiry or the inquests. These witnesses would have been able to tell the jury at the inquests that people were still alive at the 3.15pm cut off point. Tony Edwards, an ambulance man who the police said was never at Hillsborough, was able to tell me how the police cordoned him off at 3.37pm that day when he had orders to go straight to Lapping Lane as there were fatalities. Tony moved through the cordon and went straight to the goal at Lapping Lane. There were 42 ambulances behind him and they did not follow. People were alive and dying at this time. Tony was horrified, he told the fans to take their friends down to the Penn stone end of the ground, as there were ambulances to help their friends.

Myself and the families of the 96 were always led to believe that they could not get ambulances on the ground due to ramps but Tony tells a different tale. The West Midland police had changed the police lady's statement and suppressed evidence at Kevin's inquest. When I submitted the new evidence to the Attorney General, I was again refused. The barristers who had waivered their fees many times have always told me that if Kevin gets his inquest then it will open the floodgates.

The new Labour government promised the Hillsborough families a scrutiny into the events of that day. We were told we could submit any new evidence to Judge Stuart Smith and he would send it to the relevant department. Yet again, the families were stitched up and given no answers. The evidence was just twisted and turned. We had reached the end of the road legally, with nowhere to go.

I decided to write a book to let people know what extremes the system would go to cover up their own mistakes and protect the people who were to blame for Hillsborough. This was my justice; I had not failed my son, though the system had. The truth of what they did to Kevin and the other 95 who died with him will always be there.

Then my solicitor contacted me to tell me about the new European ruling 'The Right to Life' which related to Kevin's case. This is what my solicitor, my barrister and I have been pursuing for the past 4 years. Our first move was to submit all the evidence in this country to give them another chance to give us justice; but again the system failed.

On the 12th August this year I submitted all the evidence to the European court of Human Rights under Section 2 of the Human Rights Act, The Right to Life. Kevin died in the hands of the state and is entitled to a thorough investigation into how he died. As the next of kin, I have the right to a full investigation into how my son died, these rights have been repeatedly denied due to the 3.15pm cut off time.

Europe is the last chance for any sort of justice, I have heard from the courts and they are now looking at Kevin's case. I have sent all the evidence that I have uncovered over the years, evidence from some of the highest forensic pathologists suggesting that Kevin would not have died by 3.15pm and would be alive today if oxygen had been supplied. I have sent evidence that West Midland Police interfered with witness statements and suppressed vital evidence. I tracked all the Liverpool fans that carried Kevin that day, I just hope that Europe will now give us justice.

We sell badges at £2.00 each plus £1.00P&P. Copies of 'When you walk through the storm' are £9.99 plus £2.00 P&P. I am aware there has been a shortage of this book but I can assure you it is now back in print. Unfortunately, the web site is still in the process of being created. There is so much documentation it is taking longer than anticipated. With the help of some kind friends, I will be resolving this shortly. My follow on book ' I never walked alone' will not be published until I get the result from Europe. The system has failed the 96 who died, the families and the Liverpool fans. It is about time the real truth of the cover up comes out! Please support the 'Hope for Hillsborough'.

EMAIL ADDRESSES; annewilliams96@btinternet.com
                                            annajameson@tiscali.co.uk

Kind Regards

Anne Williams
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: Hillsborough: European Courts looking at Anne Williams' case
      Reply #1: Mar 22, 2007 08:19:01 pm
      Many thanks for the post Jabba and best wishes to Anne for her fight for what is right. Justice for the 96. YNWA
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 22, 2007 08:44:47 pm
      wow, this is sad. justice needs to be severed to this man, no matter what it takes. i would buy some of his gear, but i don't think he can ship it overseas. i'll keep tryin though.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Mar 22, 2007 10:17:13 pm
      This is just horrible :( I hope Anne gets justice. For her, her son, and all the others.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 22, 2007 10:59:21 pm
      I have never met Anne Williams, but I have heard plenty about her dedication to the cause.

Losing her son, in such tragic circumstances, and hearing third-hand that he was thinking of her right to the end must be completely traumatic.  Despite the huge cover up by Governments, Judicial systems and the Police, she has never given up - and she is a beacon to us all to always stand up for what we believe.

Justice for all the 96.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #5: Mar 22, 2007 11:11:21 pm
      God bless you Anne YNWA.

How can  a time "cut-off" of 3.15pm stand firm in this case? People have been brought to justice years after crimes have been committed. Dictators, doctors, murderers and anyone who is guilty of being responsible for someone elses' death.
      It beggars belief. I don't know how anyone can live with themselves with the lies, deceit, cover-ups and the blood of those 96 fans on their hands if they could and should have done something to bring justice for The 96.

Those who perpetrated crimes of humanity against the Hillsborough 96 must be brought to justice. I would not like to be them when Karma comes to pass. It can be fair but very ruthless also and their time will come.

As Liverpool fans we should all do our very best to support any cause which is in the name of the Hillsborough 96. YNWA
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2007 12:23:29 am
      YNWA 96....keep fighting Anne
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 02, 2007 07:11:40 pm
      WELL SAID TO ALL OF YOU. SOUNDS LIKE WE HAVE ALOT OF SUPPORT. JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL.
      YNWA
      There seems to be some confusion on how and where to purchase any badges for the Hope for Hillsborough and Anne Williams' book on the various sites this information has been posted on.
      All that is needed is to email either myself or Anne (addresses are at the bottom of the press release) and we will deal with your query / order. Once again Thank you for your support.

ynwa JFT96
      Hi to everyone again. Just to let you know that since the memorial is getting ever closer and we are still publishing our cause on the site, we will be issuing a very personal poem that Anne wrote about this disaster herself and has been included in her book. I hope you all take time to read and can only ask once again for your support. Please read the press release if you are unsure of the latest update. Hang fire, the thoughts and comments and poem will be on in the next few days.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #8: Apr 03, 2007 11:56:00 pm
      Do we have a website link Anne?
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 13, 2007 10:59:03 am
      THE WEBSITE LINK IS www.hopeforhillsborough. com THOUGH IT IS ONLY IN THE EARLY STAGES OF BEING DEVELOPED SO IS PRETTY BASIC AT PRESENT. PLEASE CAN I STRESS AGAIN THAT ANNE NEEDS EVERY READERS SUPPORT IN PURCHASING A BOOK OR BADGE OR SENDING COMMENTS TO ASSIST IN HER FIGHT FOR JUSTICE. REMEMBER IT IS ONLY HER SON WHO IS IN THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS FOR JUSTICE. SHE WANTS TO RECIVE THIS JUSTICE FOR HIM AND THEN IT WILL OPEN UP JUSTICE FOR ALL 96. MANY THANKS
      annewilliams96@btinternet.com
      Books are £9.99 plus £2 P&P, £3.00 outside uk
      Badges are £2.00 plus £1.00 P&P £2.00 outside uk
      orders will be taken via our email adresses
      YNWA ANNE, JUSTICE FOR KEVIN AND ALL
      I really hope you all read this. Thanks
      Just a reminder to please look through the hope for hillsborough site and our contact addresses before the memorial this weekend. Thanks everyone

YNWA
      JFT 96
      Anne will be bringing her books with her to the memorial service as some people have requested copies for all of you who have asked via my email and the sites. Please be aware that it will be a very traumatic day as usual but for those of you who asked for them(you know who you are) I will make sure your copies are available after the event. The HJC shop does not stock them or the badges as per some of your queries as Anne is independant and runs the Hope for Hillsborough.
      Thanks for your patience. Hope this clears the misunderstanding up.
      YNWA JUSTICE FOR KEVIN JUSTICE FOR THE 96
       :)
      It has come to my attention that there is alot of confusion over the HJC group and myself Anne Williams. I am aware that my information, progress, case work, book availability and fight for justice is on the HJC site on a large scale. I need to clearly state that I am independant of this group. I resigned in January 2006 with a very clear and poignant resignation letter that will remain private to the HJC group. Please understand, I do not wish to boycott them in any shape or formmerely to make readers and supporters aware that although I obviously support the survivors and bereaved familiesof Hillsborough ( I am one of them after all), unfortunately I have had to go it alone so to speak for some reasons following below;
      1. The crucial evidence uncovered which will show the crux of the lies and mistakes of Hillsborough has allowed me to access the European Court of Human Rights but as yet, they only find enough evidence for this to apply to my deceased son Kevin. This means as a group, we could not continue together. Sadly as no other case is yet to reach Europe for it' final chance.

2. Funding for the above was not available via the HJC group so fundraising events, my book 'When you walk through the storm' and badges are what will be providing the funds for the fight for justice for my son Kevin and hopefully then paving the way for the other 95.

I re-iterate again, the information provided on the HJC site or at the shop is out of date and I have repeatedly asked for it all to be removed so as not to confuse anyone. Any queries, orders for books,badges or donations need to be requestd via myself annewilliams96@btinternet.com or annajameson@tiscali.co.uk (known on the sites as AJ-Hope for Hillsborough). I will not receive any information or orders or donations if they are sent elsewhere. They should be made payable to Hope for Hillsborough.
      This will then assist in fees for my fight for justice in the European Courts hopefully then allowing the Hillsborough tragedy to be uncovered and dealt with properly and legally. It is down to me now as per my previous press release. All I can say is "YES I GOT HIM INTO EUROPE. BRING ON THE JUSTICE FOR KEVIN, JUSTICE FOR THE 96.  Kevins case is the only one that has evidence for a right to life which is how the European courts will be dealing with Hillsborough, the cover up and the lies. I am proud I have got this far hence running the Hope for Hillsborough group independant from others to deal solely with this issue and continued fight for justice which I rely on Europe for after no success for anyone of the 96 in this country.
      Thank you all kindly for all the support you have shown so far.
      YNWA JFT96
      annewilliams96@btinternet.com
      www.hopeforhillsborough. com
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,182 posts | 1631 
      Reply #10: Apr 14, 2007 10:40:22 pm
      Good luck Anne
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 16, 2007 08:29:00 pm
      May Justice Be Done Anne  YNWA
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 17, 2007 01:50:56 pm
      good luck anne. i'll be prayin for ya. YNWA
      farez
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 17, 2007 02:05:14 pm
      Good luck Anne. Justice for the 96.YNWA
      northcote07
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 17, 2007 02:34:46 pm
      brittish legal system has failed the families of  the 96 people who died lets get behind anne make sure the european legal system get them justice i play football myself and was given a blackarmband with hillsborough on it and the date  by a swansea city player i wear  every game i play i hope the families will get justice and prove what a pitty full mess our legal system is  james wales
      Bob Rich
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      • Justice
      Reply #15: Apr 17, 2007 07:35:15 pm
      Good Luck
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #16: May 27, 2008 09:02:59 pm
      Bump

A MUM who lost her 15-year-old son in the Hillsborough tragedy has today appealed for help to take her fight for justice through the courts.

Anne Williams, whose teenage son Kevin died in the disaster, successfully lodged her case with the European Court of Human Rights.

It was lodged in August last year – but the 66-year-old is yet to receive confirmation the hearing will go ahead.

Mrs Williams, who has been to the Attorney General on four separate occasions, argues there has never been an investigation into her son’s death.

She has hit out at repeated official assertions the Liverpool FC fans who lost their lives at Hillsborough were dead or brain dead by 3.15pm.

With the prospect of legal costs mounting, the Formby woman is reluctantly asking for financial support to back her bid.

She told the ECHO: “I’m embarrassed to ask. But the Hope for Hillsborough campaign is simply running out of funds.

“I’ve been so lucky to have three forensic pathologists who have waived their fees for me.

“My barrister even submitted the draft to the European Court for nothing.

“These people cost £500 an hour. I’ve relied on people’s generosity to get me this far. People believed in me.

“I have been lucky to find a lot of new evidence which I have sent to the courts. Seven people dealt with Kevin after 3.15pm and they all said he was breathing, his ribs were moving and he had a pulse at 3.37pm.

“He was in the arms of a police officer calling out for his mum.

“Currently, we are in a queue waiting to see when the case will be heard.

“We initially thought last Christmas. But it has dragged on and on and I’ve not heard anything.”

Her case is based on Article Two of the Human Rights Act which stipulates everyone has a right to life which is protected by law.

If the European court finds in Mrs Williams’ favour it could order a new public inquiry into the events in Sheffield on April 15, 1989, when 96 Reds fans died.

She has written a book about Kevin’s case called When You Walk Through A Storm.

She added: “At one point I gave up fighting and decided not to take it up anymore. But I’ve changed my mind and I will carry on.

“You go into depression as it’s so hard. But with all the new evidence I’ve found it would be enough to reopen a murder investigation.”

To help Mrs Williams, or to help financially, contact annewilliams96@btinternet.com
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: May 27, 2008 09:43:52 pm
      I'm so glad Anne didn't give up with this. I can't imagine how hard this must be for her to carry on the fight when it must feel like she's banging her head against a brick wall.

Hoping this article can help bringing forward some financial help as well as keeping the awareness up of her plight.

Good luck Anne. Keep on fighting!
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #18: May 29, 2008 11:17:09 am
      Hi All.
      RE PAYPAL---IMPORTANT
      BEEN READING ALL YOUR REPLIES AND HERE GOES
      PAYPAL IS IN PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED. K MORAN WAS EXTREMELY KIND IN SETTING UP THE ORIGINAL PAYPAL ACCOUNT. THAT IS WHY YOU SEE HIS NAME WHEN DONATING. WE ARE SETTING UP A NEW ONE WHICH SHOULD BE ACTIVE IN A FEW DAYS. FOR THOSE THAT ARE DONATING TO OLD ONE, DO NOT WORRY WE STILL HAVE ACCESS FOR THE OLD HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH PAYPAL ACCOUNT WHILST SETTING UP NEW ONE. AS PER SOME REPLIES, IT MAY BE EASIER TO SEND VIA POST AT MO TO GO STRAIGHT INTO THE HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH BANK ACCOUNT.
      ADDRESS FOR CHEQUES POSTAL OREDERS AND ORDERS RE MERCHANDISE GOES TO
      ANNE WILLIAMS HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      10 WALTON PLACE
      BLACON
      CHESTER
      CHESHIRE
      UK
      CH1 5PD

YOUR SUPPORT IS MOST APPRECIATED. WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.
      CHEEERS GUYS
      jfkEVIN AND 96

Hi all, as per my last email re sending donations and orders to annes fight for justice, I forgot to iunclude that any monies sent should be made payable to

HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH.
      ANNEWILLIAMS HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      10 WALTON PLACE
      BLACON
      CHESTER
      CHESHIRE
      UK
      CH1 5PD

EMAIL; annewilliams96@btinternet.com

many thanks everyone for your continuing support
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #19: May 31, 2008 09:10:36 am
      are we able to make all this a sticky on the main forum? Dont know if thats allowed
      Cheers
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #20: Apr 17, 2009 05:47:39 pm
      I have read almost every article about Hillsborough that I could find and remember the day as if it were yesterday. Despite 20 years passing, people have not been able to move on, because they have not been provided with any proper justice. For this very reason, the memories will never fade as they might after a natural disaster, because as those who understand the tradgedy know, this was a man made disaster, caused by a series of poor decisions, and made worse by a strategy of attempts to lie and cover up the truth.

In short, a few cowardly human beings were not prepared to admit they had made blunders that directly led to 96 peoples deaths.

I have often thought about what would have been if the police had told the truth from the beginning, which would have involved them

1. Admitting they opened gate C, and let a huge number of supporters in via that gate.
      2. Admitting they had overlooked the fact that before opening this gate they needed to close off access to pens 3 & 4 and redirect supporters to the empty pens.
      3. Admitting they failed to notice the deadly situation as it was in progress either by cct cameras, or the naked eye, and therefore failed to act quickly in terms of emergency response to the situation.
      4. Admitting they misread the situation and responded to it as hooliganism, causing delays in emergency services getting immediate access to the people who could have been saved.

If they had of done all this from the start, they would have been of course subject to public criticism, humiliation, and even left open to compensation claims, and maybe even criminal legal proceedings for being negligent. However, in that scenario one should not lose sight of the fact that they did not intend to harm or injure anyone, and that at the end of the day the decisions made were poor due to inexperience, and poor judgement, not anything malicious.

If they would have stood up and told the truth, apologised, and showed genuine remorse, human beings have enough compassion and understanding of the concept that all human beings make mistakes. In time, these people would have been judged as victims themselves, victims in the sense that they have to bare the weight of guilt on their shoulders for the rest of their lives. Proof of this is seen when you hear from the ambulance officer, who after becoming overwhelmed by the enormity of the situation, made a decision to move his ambulance away from the mayhem that was unfolding. He admits he still lives with the guilt of making that decision, rather than staying put and assisting the dying and injured that were all about him. You cannot help but to have sympathy for him, as he is but a mere mortal, subject to emotions such as shock and traumatic stress in the way all of us are. How can he be blamed?

Alas, not everyone could be so honest, so instead of this sad tradgedy being recorded in history in terms of being a human error, allowing lessons to be learned, and justice to be administered, it continues to rage in contraversy, leaving 96 families and all their supporters with no choice but to fight on in search of justice. 

The mistakes of Hillsborough are not what casts doubts on human morality, or basic decency, but rather its the lies that followed  that make it all such a shame. There are certain people who need to cleanse their souls, and come forward whilst they still can, because the families of these 96 souls need to be given the closure they require to be able to move on with their lives in the knowledge that justice was ultimately done. 

Good luck Anne......... God bless all the victims and their loved ones
      Fowlers God
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #21: Apr 17, 2009 06:04:12 pm
      What a fantastic post...

RIP 96
      YNWA

Quick Reply