Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Thierry Henry (Arsenal) - (Now off to Barca)

Read 16453 times
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Re: Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
      Reply #23: Apr 30, 2007 10:15:49 pm

He signed a new contract after the Champions League final, came back from injury scored and set up two.  Would we sell Gerrard to United? Would United sell Rooney to Chelsea?  Would Arsenal sell Henry to us?  The answer's the same to all three questions.
      If the money's right?  ;)
      (Forget the Gerrard to United bit).  >:(
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2007 10:18:55 pm by RED1028 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #24: Apr 30, 2007 11:02:08 pm
      I'd love to see henry at liverpool but it aint gonna happen. I can't see him leaving arsenal for another english club. I do think he will leave, probably for a top italian or spanish side
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #25: May 04, 2007 07:59:49 pm
      If Arsene goes - I think we have a good chance of getting Henry.

I think he would be the front man who could help fire us to a Premiership title.
      gibbo6 times
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #26: May 04, 2007 11:37:01 pm
      listen henry would love to come to liverpool he actually said that the only other english team he would play for is liverpool.
      All this depends on the situation at Arsenal, he would proberbly only leave if wenger left, at the moment the situation at arsenal you would not count this out at the end of the season.
      Also he hopes to join up with cisse at liverpool
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #27: May 04, 2007 11:45:45 pm
      listen henry would love to come to liverpool he actually said that the only other english team he would play for is liverpool.
      All this depends on the situation at Arsenal, he would proberbly only leave if wenger left, at the moment the situation at arsenal you would not count this out at the end of the season.
      Also he hopes to join up with cisse at liverpool

Gibbo henry would be a fantastic signing and I agree that if he was to go to any other english club it would be us but I just can't see it happening. He will  go to barca/real or one of the big italian clubs when he leaves arsenal. Also I think we have more chance of seeing henry in a liverpool shirt than cisse again ;D ;D
      « Last Edit: May 26, 2007 07:54:20 pm by srslfc »
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Thierry Henry (from Arsenal)
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2007 01:55:20 pm
      Before i start i am not writing this saying that Henry is going to Liverpool. I hate it when people claim to have inside infomation but i heard something today and i thought i would pass it on.

A bloke i work with is an evertonian from liverpool and his bothers Mrs works for liverpool in a hospitality role.
      Which basically means she looks after players etc.

She has said that Henry has spent the whole day around anfield and has been dealing with estate agents in the area.

Thats it I'm not trying to say henry will be a Liverpool player next season you take from this whatever you want, i am just passing on the info.

If this is true I think it could be the reason why there are a lot of stories stating huge sums of money linking us with eto.

This is not Rafas style to go advertising big transfers before the deal is made and so it is my opinion that it could be a smoke screen to cover up what i think would be a very good buy in henry.
      This is a quote from Liverpool tv web site forum

I also heard this on Talk sport this morning.
      Henry and Owen or Tevez up front,
      Gerrard(who is best mates with Henry) just behind.
      Someone will tell if I'm wrong, but at 29 is the not something he can buy out of his contract.
      ooh sounds good.

What do you think???
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2007 03:46:55 pm by JD »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Henry coming to Liverpool???
      Reply #29: Jun 06, 2007 02:05:42 pm
      This seems to be a story that won't go away.
      It's all stemed from a comment he made about the atmosphere in Anfield, and that Liverpool would be his only choice in England if ever he left Arsenal.
      Since he has stated, that he has been at Arsenal too long to join another English side.

I've heard from certain 'good sources' he'll be joining Liverpool, but I can't get excited by it until that dotted line is signed.
      There are too many great offers for him, certain challenges he might want to fulfill in his career.
      Liverpool is an option, but to be honest, I think he'll want to abroad and prove himself over there.
      It's a very nice rumour to have though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Henry coming to Liverpool???
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2007 03:46:29 pm
      Bookies, what do they know!, have cut the odds to 3/1 on this.

It would be a transfer coup of extraordinary proportions.  I don't know what to make of it.  When ever the word Evertonian is mentioned I always raise my eyebrows.

It's a story that will run a bit longer and we have certainly had more than one thread in the past 12 months on this subject.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #31: Jun 06, 2007 03:50:29 pm
      Lets not take anything for granted just yet...

Let's just see what happens over the course of next month.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #32: Jun 06, 2007 04:09:08 pm
      Henry joining Liverpool has been doing the rounds for near on two years in the Merseyside area I myself even convinced my lad that he will join us one day mainly because of stories and rumours I have heard but also because of his admiration for the club the fans and obviously Stevie G.
      The only downside to these rumours are Henry’s reluctance to join another English club because of fears of inducing “Judas” taunts from the Gooners, but if he was sold to us by Arsenal and not because of any request by himself then surely this would defuse any hostility to him and he could play for the club he really wants whilst ensuring he stays in the history books as one of Arsenal’s all time greats.
      He may be twenty-nine now but I still think he could do a massive job for us and if that is in tandem with another freshly bought striker then all the better.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Jun 06, 2007 04:39:42 pm
      I HATE talking of transfer speculation from hearsay and rumours. Does my head in. But today it's rife about Henry isn't it!
      A few stewards work at my mums place of work and they're convinced of it, saying he's been at Anfield and Melwood...
      Not that that means anything though. I'm not even gonna think about it....
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 06, 2007 04:49:39 pm
      i know it is a good rumour you see about a year ago before the transfer window there was talk of players from a lower quality standard now look , torres henry villa teves eto'o maluda alves look at them names the are only what other clubs could dream of and now there a bid away from reality
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #35: Jun 07, 2007 11:16:17 am
      well yes until any transfer is signed its always going to be speculation but to throw one in there we all know how much eto'o loves henry what about them both up front for us next season, could well be what hicks means by just be patient ! ;)
      Athens 07
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #36: Jun 07, 2007 11:50:46 am
      I hope all the people who told me henry was at melwood on wednesday are rite coz he is a world beater on his day an we will challange chavski an man u then
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #37: Jun 07, 2007 02:31:59 pm
      Latest odds on where Henry will be playing next season from Blue Square.

Arsenal     1/2
      Liverpool   9/4
      Barcelona  6/1
      AC Milan   12/1

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #38: Jun 07, 2007 04:14:05 pm

Arsenal     1/2
      Liverpool   9/4
      Barcelona  6/1
      AC Milan   12/1

What's interesting is the fact the bookies now think if Henry does leave the Arse then Liverpool would be his likely destination and not Barca, and as bookies are not known for cocking it up too often it makes the speculation a little more intriguing.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #39: Jun 07, 2007 04:17:46 pm

Arsenal     1/2
      Liverpool   9/4
      Barcelona  6/1
      AC Milan   12/1

Those odds are getting shorter & shorter all the time, but as I think someone else pointed out they are just an indication of where the money's being placed. This could've all started off with someone with more money than sense putting a massive bet on, and everyone jumping on the bandwagon as the odds have shortened.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #40: Jun 07, 2007 04:39:34 pm
      Those odds are getting shorter & shorter all the time, but as I think someone else pointed out they are just an indication of where the money's being placed. This could've all started off with someone with more money than sense putting a massive bet on, and everyone jumping on the bandwagon as the odds have shortened.

Ooh your a party pooper Eddie mate, next you'll be telling us theres no Father Christmas! ;D
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #41: Jun 07, 2007 05:43:48 pm
      i think that henry will sign if he is signing by next week
      treble89
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 07, 2007 07:14:53 pm
      http://talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=322467

i don't believe it. and i don't want him.

what age is he? We want players who still have goals to achieve. We're not in the business of creating pension plans for players in the final furlong of their careers.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #43: Jun 07, 2007 07:19:31 pm
      Henry speculation is everywhere....its like the Yeti or Bigfoot.....everyone has a sighting of him but no picture evidence of him at Melwood or Anfield or anywhere in Liverpool! In this day and age of everyone having camera phones and papparazzi activity you'd  think any proof would be documented.

Saying that.....I'd sh*t myself....can you imagine?! My only problem would be as someone else stated that Arse are a very good selling club at knowing when a player is past their peak...so would we get a new invigorated Henry or a shadow of his former self?

Every morning is like Xmas morning at the moment....eagerly waiting to see what santa claus (not father christmas....we've got yank-a-fied!) has brought to our doorstep....
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #44: Jun 07, 2007 07:47:34 pm
      http://talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=322467

i don't believe it. and i don't want him.

what age is he? We want players who still have goals to achieve. We're not in the business of creating pension plans for players in the final furlong of their careers.

Would you rather pay out 20+ for a proven striker in the premiership? Or an unproven gamble at 35+

Henry would be my favorite choice.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 07, 2007 07:47:43 pm
      lets hope this is true,an ebstablished player,proven in the premier league,wont need time to bed in.Henry or Eto?

Quick Reply