Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Thierry Henry (Arsenal) - (Now off to Barca)

Read 16498 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Re: Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
      Reply #46: Jun 08, 2007 01:12:05 am
      apprently we're going to announce a major sigingin tomorrow.

*watches SSN all night and all day*
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #47: Jun 08, 2007 01:40:28 am
      apprently we're going to announce a major sigingin tomorrow.

*watches SSN all night and all day*

I've also heard this. So it is true, maybe it could be Henry...

Watch this space... ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #48: Jun 08, 2007 01:41:16 am
      http://talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=322467

I don't believe it. and I don't want him.

what age is he? We want players who still have goals to achieve. We're not in the business of creating pension plans for players in the final furlong of their careers.

so glad your not our manager !!
      bobhorse
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #49: Jun 08, 2007 02:05:15 am
      Its sh*te Ne's off to Spain
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #50: Jun 08, 2007 02:34:27 am

I don't even know what you are trying to say...you maybe scottish but please can you write in english? You maybe making an excellent point...I just don't know.
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #51: Jun 08, 2007 06:58:15 am
      so glad your not our manager !!

:lmao:
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • Everywhere leads to somewhere
      Reply #52: Jun 08, 2007 09:08:49 am
      Well just been splashed over sky sports, that Alonso has just signed for 5 years, hope
      this is not the major signing??? :action-smiley-060:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #53: Jun 08, 2007 09:38:51 am
      Well just been splashed over sky sports, that Alonso has just signed for 5 years, hope
      this is not the major signing??? :action-smiley-060:

Do you know what I wouldn't put it past them!!! I think at the moment if we take on a new girl in the cafe its going to make SSN. As for Terry Henry I see this morning he is saying how flattered he is with Milan's intrest, and how Dein leaving and Wenger maybe walking has unsettled him.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #54: Jun 08, 2007 10:20:33 am
      Do you know what I wouldn't put it past them!!! I think at the moment if we take on a new girl in the cafe its going to make SSN. As for Terry Henry I see this morning he is saying how flattered he is with Milan's intrest, and how Dein leaving and Wenger maybe walking has unsettled him.

wouldnt surprise me if it was.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #55: Jun 09, 2007 01:23:30 pm
      Henry would be the best signing EVER!

Him and Stevie G linking up, Oh Sh*t, I cant say anymore. I dont want to get to excited. I cant help myself.

If anyone has saw him at Melwood. God, I hope its true.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #56: Jun 10, 2007 11:49:47 pm
      Henry would be the best signing EVER!

Him and Stevie G linking up, Oh Sh*t, I cant say anymore. I dont want to get to excited. I cant help myself.

If anyone has saw him at Melwood. God, I hope its true.

Not the first time I've heard this. I also heard he has bought a few houses over in Liverpool...

It all could be wind up talk but if there is anyone to sign this summer, it is Thierry Henry.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #57: Jun 11, 2007 12:06:51 am
      It all could be wind up talk but if there is anyone to sign this summer, it is Thierry Henry.

Too right!

Would love Terry Henry to sign but we all know it's a load of rumours and no proff really, don't we. The only photographic evidence of him being about the Liverpool area I've seen so far is one of Eddie C's many wind ups!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #58: Jun 11, 2007 12:47:25 am
      Too right!

Would love Terry Henry to sign but we all know it's a load of rumours and no proff really, don't we. The only photographic evidence of him being about the Liverpool area I've seen so far is one of Eddie C's many wind ups!

We need to sign him!! He is the best striker in the Prem!

Especially if we have the funds I don't give a sh*t if it is just a Left winger in Malouda & Henry, and we left it as case closed.

We want to win the Premiership next season, not in 5 seasons time. We don't want players such as Darren Bent. Or Diego Forlan.

Players like those two will not land us the title. The caliber of Henry will...
      rumredes
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #59: Jun 11, 2007 12:52:41 am

Especially if we have the funds I don't give a sh*t if it is just a Left winger in Malouda & Henry, and we left it as case closed.

We want to win the Premiership next season, not in 5 seasons time. We don't want players such as Darren Bent. Or Diego Forlan.

henry will go to barca to much hassle for him to go to another prem side
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #60: Jun 11, 2007 06:29:08 am

So true court it's time we make that step in the right direction and not go for second string players. Bring Henry he is proven class
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #61: Jun 11, 2007 09:27:45 am

henry will go to barca to much hassle for him to go to another prem side

Again only rumour, but apparently he's being forced to look at English clubs as his wife doesn't want to leave the country. Personally I reckon he's gonna stay at Arsenal for one more season, then him & Wenger are gonna leave. Maybe we'll get him then, maybe not, but I realy can't see it being this summer.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #62: Jun 11, 2007 10:49:53 am
      Again only rumour, but apparently he's being forced to look at English clubs as his wife doesn't want to leave the country. Personally I reckon he's gonna stay at Arsenal for one more season, then him & Wenger are gonna leave. Maybe we'll get him then, maybe not, but I realy can't see it being this summer.

Put it this way, Henry isn't getting any younger. And he won't win the Premiership again with Arsenal.

I think the time is now mate, it's now or never.

Good news that his wife is interfearing with moves abroad, women come in handy sometimes ;)

So true court it's time we make that step in the right direction and not go for second string players. Bring Henry he is proven class

The time is now to make the move right. Lets not do what Houllier did with the money he had after a fantastic Premiership season. Finished 2nd and tipped to win the League next term if money if provided.

10m on Diouf. It sounds just like Forlan, I hope Rafa doesn't make the wrong choice.
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #63: Jun 11, 2007 12:53:43 pm
      If the money is there we shouldn't even be looking at Forlan or Bent personally if we signed one of these two as our main striker then we won't have a decent chance at winning the league i still think ETO, TEVEZ and VILLA should be our main targets before we look at any other position   
      vince
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 11, 2007 03:36:05 pm
      most of the time Rafa gets it right when he has a few quid to spend but his record on strikers is not very good henry will never go to another prem team or Italy so Spain is the only option i feel it would be great to get him i don't like his attitude although i suppose he has a right to be arrogant
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #65: Jun 11, 2007 04:25:00 pm
      dont confuse arrogence with confidence, he has the the right to be very confident he's been one of the best 2 or 3 strikers in the world for years now
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #66: Jun 11, 2007 09:27:37 pm
      Bit of bad news on the Henry front.

Talksport have just announced that the French football site Francefootball.fr have announced that Henry has agreed in principal to move to Barcelona.

Sorry about the poor translation but that's google for you

The French attacker found an agreement with Barcelona on the basis of contract a three year old for what can become the transfer of the year. Still miss the green light of Arsenal where it had prolonged until 2011. “Henry very close to Barcelona”, it is what reveals France Football in its number to appear this Tuesday. In the article of Paco Aguilar, the correspondent of Bi-hebdo in Barcelona, appears a beam of indices incentive to think that the arrival of the attacker of Arsenal in Spain seems from now on imminent. After the recent declarations of international French who let plane a doubt about his future at the “Gunners”, an important stage was reached last week at the time of the meeting between the agent of the player, Jerome Anderson and the sporting director of Barça, Txiki Beguiristain. An agreement would have been reached at the end of this exchange between the two parts, on the basis of contract of three years (more one year in option) and incomes of ten million euros per season, superiors of almost 40% with those currently touched by Thierry Henry in Arsenal. If the transfer appears in very good way, all the questions are not solved for as much. It is not at all in the intention of the English club to let leave its striker high-speed motorboat under contract until June 2011 without requiring a strong sum. The year spent, it had been question of 40 million euros; today, with the approach of about thirty, Thierry Henry always represents much money, and it is not known as only the 25 million euros that Barcelona wants to propose in Arsenal is sufficient. The business which had failed one year ago in any case left well to be concluded this time, as of the moment when the French is decided to break the bond with Arsenal which it had joined in 1999.
      Sorry but nowTalksport have announced Henry's agent has categorically denied the press release on the site to the point that they are considering legal action.
      And as I post this Talksport now report Henry's agent has spoken out about the article and has categorically denied it to the point that they may consider legal action.

Sorry about that
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #67: Jun 11, 2007 11:01:20 pm
      Sorry about the poor translation but that's google for you

Let you off lad.  We all know that in Bootle the foreign language in schools is English. ;)

I think it would be extremely difficult for Henry to move to another club in England.  For a start he has to drive through London to get on the Eurostar in his little Renault Clio, so driving past Highbury every time he had to go home would be dangerous.

I'd love him to come.  Exactly the kind of player we could do with, but it would just be too much of a outrageous transfer.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #68: Jun 12, 2007 02:59:35 pm
      Bookies shorten the odds again for a Henry to Liverpool move from around the 7/2 and 3/1 mark into 7/4 and 13/8.

Means there has been a flood of money but in these type of situations 13/8 is more of a "doubt it" than a dfefinite. In the betting world 13/8 equates to a 38% probability.

Still at least the odds are going the right way eh ?

Quick Reply