Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

G20 Protest and Ian Tomlinson's death in relation to the Hillsborough Disaster

Read 4125 times
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts | 10 
      G20 Protest and Ian Tomlinson's death in relation to the Hillsborough Disaster
      Apr 17, 2009 07:54:14 pm
      I think this man's death is very revelvant to the calls for justice, as his family has been seriously let down by the establishment. The second post-mortem conducted on the man revealed that there was indeed internal bleeding which now means that the policeman who was suspended is now being interroated for manslaugther. This does raises questions such as if the video of Ian's attack never came about then would there be another post mortem. Was there a cover up??

Similarities:

no cctv evidence of either events - how convenient!
      Being let down by the establishement
      The attempts of a cover up by the police

Yet i suspect that the verdict will be very much different as surely he will be struck down with charges of manslaughter. There is no escape route for the police this time. However With our case the police managed great success in covering up their serious blunders by influenceing the initlal campaign in the meida, blaming the us, the fans. 

I just wonder how people feel about this case particularly with it coinciding with the 20th anniversary. Does this in any way strengthen the families and many other people's calls for justice for the 96?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: G20 Protest and Ian Tomlinson's death in relation to the Hillsborough Disast
      Reply #1: Apr 18, 2009 12:27:40 am
      I posted something along similar lines in the Current Affairs board.

Let's face it Chief Inspector Duckenfield opened those gates which sent 2000 people in to an already packed pen which ultimately led to the death of 96 Liverpool fans.

If it hadn't have been for quick acting Liverpool fans on the pitch the death toll at Hillsborough would easily have been in the hundreds.

Him, and the officers who failed to act when people were being crushed to death less than 3 feet away from them should have had the book thrown at them 20 years ago.

They haven't yet, but they can live out the rest of the days safe in the knowledge that we will always be hunting them down in our clamour to finally get 'The Truth'.

Retired South Yorkshire coppers, coppers who now will be in their 40's and 50's or older, who 20 years ago let people die around them should be fully aware that we will never let them escape this.

I hope official documents are released soon.  I want us all to know the name of every single policeman and woman at Hillsborough that day, and their role in either helping Liverpool fans survive or watching Liverpool fans die.
      Barolo
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Re: G20 Protest and Ian Tomlinson's death in relation to the Hillsborough Disaster
      Reply #2: Apr 18, 2009 02:26:12 am
      I posted something along similar lines in the Current Affairs board.

Let's face it Chief Inspector Duckenfield opened those gates which sent 2000 people in to an already packed pen which ultimately led to the death of 96 Liverpool fans.

If it hadn't have been for quick acting Liverpool fans on the pitch the death toll at Hillsborough would easily have been in the hundreds.

Him, and the officers who failed to act when people were being crushed to death less than 3 feet away from them should have had the book thrown at them 20 years ago.

They haven't yet, but they can live out the rest of the days safe in the knowledge that we will always be hunting them down in our clamour to finally get 'The Truth'.

Retired South Yorkshire coppers, coppers who now will be in their 40's and 50's or older, who 20 years ago let people die around them should be fully aware that we will never let them escape this.

I hope official documents are released soon.  I want us all to know the name of every single policeman and woman at Hillsborough that day, and their role in either helping Liverpool fans survive or watching Liverpool fans die.

Agree with you 100%. Very well said, JD!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: G20 Protest and Ian Tomlinson's death in relation to the Hillsborough Disaster
      Reply #3: Apr 18, 2009 03:35:36 am
      I just wonder how people feel about this case particularly with it coinciding with the 20th anniversary. Does this in any way strengthen the families and many other people's calls for justice for the 96?

I think the call for justice and accountability will never weaken for each and every person of the 96 and the families. It can only get stronger.

As for this case, I can only go off what I've seen and what unfolds from it. I'm pretty sure if it was the other way round there'd be a lot more media coverage and a lot more call for justice.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #4: Apr 18, 2009 05:01:46 pm
      I've only just come across this thread after earlier posting on current affairs with a post that echoes the sentiments expressed here. The establishment must think we are sh*t thick because everytime there's a major event and their credibility is questioned they resort to the same tactics i.e. blacken characters,find scapegoats and lie through their teeth. This situation is being acted out now both in the case of Ian Thomlinson and the lady who was slapped and baton whipped for no apparent reason, it really is unbelievable and extremely offensive that this situation is allowed to continue with the government shedding crocodile tears about Hillsborough while attempting to carry out the same procedure with the events described earlier. 
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2009 12:02:56 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply