Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

How big a stadium do we need

Read 77569 times
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Re: How big a stadium do we need
      Reply #92: Sep 22, 2010 11:57:33 pm
      After watching some of tonights abysmal performance they'll have a hard job filling a 20,000 seater, a more passionless inept display by management and players i've yet to witness.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #93: Sep 23, 2010 09:29:26 pm
      The way things are going at the minute,53 seater would be enough.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #94: Oct 07, 2010 02:40:57 pm
      We wouldn't struggle to fill a 60,000 seater stadium, though some question whether we'd have empty seats if we went upto 70,000 - particularly for games against weaker teams or in Carling Cup etc. We could build a 70,000 seat stadium and reduce the ticket price for the top tier for the lesser games as we already do with the different categories of matches. That is how they do it in the US, the Red Sox have seats ranging from around $30 to $300 depending on the quality of the view, etc.  If for the match against Wolves, tickets were say £40 Kop, Main and Centenary Lower tiers but £30 for the upper tiers, we would sell-out.  We need more seats and more corporate boxes to be able to compete financially and buy the players we need and this club deserves.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #95: Oct 07, 2010 07:39:13 pm
      We wouldn't struggle to fill a 60,000 seater stadium, though some question whether we'd have empty seats if we went upto 70,000 - particularly for games against weaker teams or in Carling Cup etc. We could build a 70,000 seat stadium and reduce the ticket price for the top tier for the lesser games as we already do with the different categories of matches. That is how they do it in the US, the Red Sox have seats ranging from around $30 to $300 depending on the quality of the view, etc.  If for the match against Wolves, tickets were say £40 Kop, Main and Centenary Lower tiers but £30 for the upper tiers, we would sell-out.  We need more seats and more corporate boxes to be able to compete financially and buy the players we need and this club deserves.

A Liverpool team playing Liverpool football using Liverpool style players would fill 70000 week in week out
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #96: Oct 09, 2010 02:15:43 am
      A Liverpool team playing Liverpool football using Liverpool style players would fill 70000 week in week out

Agreed I'd say 70,000 with provisions for an extra 30,000 in the future if it was a new build.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #97: Oct 09, 2010 04:39:15 am
      Agreed I'd say 70,000 with provisions for an extra 30,000 in the future if it was a new build.

100,000 fans singing YNWA. F**k me the thought just sent shivers down my spine!

Even 70,000 doing the same though would be just brilliant.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #98: Dec 19, 2010 09:47:55 am
      When we get back to wining the league regularly again, which we will, it would be difficult to judge how big a stadium we would need. I would go for making it the highest attendance in the country just to let everybody know we are back and here to stay.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #99: Dec 19, 2010 02:17:29 pm
      There is around 70,000 people on the season ticket waiting list, Most of them will probably no longer wish to be on the list, therefore, Ian Ayre saud when he was on LFC TV last week there said that the club are making plans to contact those on the waiting list to find out if they still wish to be on it and if there are any ticket offers like the under 17s go for free, then the people on the season ticket waiting list will be asked first. I reckon we would fill a 70,000 seater easilly with the support we have. Would rather have Anfield re-developed though, I just don't think the new Kop or the new stadium as a whole would feel the same.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #100: Dec 28, 2010 07:50:27 pm
      At least a 70,000 seater, with the Liverpool global fanbase it would deffo be filled up
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #101: Dec 28, 2010 09:31:35 pm
      If Hodgson stays much F***ing longer, I'd be saying a 30,000 seater
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #102: Dec 28, 2010 10:14:05 pm
      If Hodgson stays much f**king longer, I'd be saying a 30,000 seater
      Reduce Anfield then ;)
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #103: Feb 02, 2011 11:24:39 am
      Still tickets available tonight for Stoke... sad :(

I guess considerably increasing the no. of season tickets available would help though
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #104: Feb 02, 2011 12:55:45 pm

I guess considerably increasing the no. of season tickets available would help though

Midweek against Stoke is hardly going to sell out though.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #105: Feb 02, 2011 04:07:15 pm
      It really should !! Suarez debut pack it out come on people !
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #106: Feb 02, 2011 04:30:53 pm

JD said in another thread that it's only single seats and restricted view available now.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #107: Feb 02, 2011 06:03:09 pm
      The bigger the better, as far as i'm concerned.

I was at the Camp Nou last Wednesday and was able to get tickets without any probs. Just the way it used to be for Anfield. The reason being - the huge capacity. Although not full, the attendance was around 80k.

A new Anfield, with a massive capacity, would not only see an end to Season Ticket waiting lists but would also give both locals and visitors the chance to buy a ticket on the day.

Put it like this: I could have went to the Stoke game tonight if I would have known, in advance, that I was 100% guaranteed a ticket but I have to book flights, in advance, to make it viable.

Knowing that tickets were always available would make it easier. Sometimes folk want to just hit a game without months of pre-planning and scrambling for overpriced tourist packages.

I'm probably being selfish here but being unable to just turn up on a Saturday morning to go to the game has put a big number of fans off.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #108: Feb 02, 2011 06:12:59 pm
      The bigger the better, as far as I'm concerned.

I was at the Camp Nou last Wednesday and was able to get tickets without any probs. Just the way it used to be for Anfield. The reason being - the huge capacity. Although not full, the attendance was around 80k.

A new Anfield, with a massive capacity, would not only see an end to Season Ticket waiting lists but would also give both locals and visitors the chance to buy a ticket on the day.

Put it like this: I could have went to the Stoke game tonight if I would have known, in advance, that I was 100% guaranteed a ticket but I have to book flights, in advance, to make it viable.

Knowing that tickets were always available would make it easier. Sometimes folk want to just hit a game without months of pre-planning and scrambling for overpriced tourist packages.

I'm probably being selfish here but being unable to just turn up on a Saturday morning to go to the game has put a big number of fans off.

Good point mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #109: Feb 04, 2011 09:05:46 am
      JD said in another thread that it's only single seats and restricted view available now.

It's the Thomas Cook packages in the Upper Anny not selling out!!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #110: Feb 04, 2011 11:32:37 am
      It's the Thomas Cook packages in the Upper Anny not selling out!!

I thought the Thomas Cook packages were in the upper Centenary? I've seen empty seats in the sections nearest the Kop and was under the impression thats where the TC seats were.

Also, I'm just wondering something regarding season tickets. Apart from the middle few sections of the Kop what other sections in what other stands are season tickets? I mean 20 000+ season tickets at Anfield yet I always see huge areas of the stadium available for members and general sale, is it a case of every section being split between ST and individual match tickets?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #111: Feb 05, 2011 01:47:52 pm
      Believe it or not the seating amount is the single # 1 design spec for any stadium.  Naturally an 70-80,000 seater would be awesome.  However in Liverpool, highly unlikely.  The logistical elements regarding parking, rail lines, facilities, acreage, size, lighting, security etc... would turn the area around the ground into a madhouse.  More likely a 45-50,000 seater is more logical. The increase from a 20,000 seater to 40,000 seater is not as easy as just saying it costs "Twice" as much because your just doubling the seating.

Its actually exponential.  A 40,000 seater could be 500 Million a 60,000 seater would be 900,000 Million or 1 Billion. 

You want a stadium that fits into the design and overall flow of Liverpool. You dont want it to stick out and look out of place.  A big design in the new stadiums is making the stadium look like an old, turn of the century stadium with classic facade of brick and mortar and the Inside being state of the art. A lot of the new Baseball Stadiums like the New Yankee stadium. The outside looks exactly like it did when it was built in the 1900's, then a state of the art stadium is placed inside the interior. So you get great seating views, classic architecture and good amenities. I just dont think a metal and all glass,aluminum shiny stadium would fit in Liverpool.  I would like to see them recreate Anfield in terms of looks and add more seats and make it up to date. Keep the legacy of what makes Anfield a classic park and recreate it with a 21st century touch. lower the Pitch, bring the seats down and closer to the field. increase seating angles and slope the seats. Instead of terraced seating going up step by step they slope it at an low increasing angle which makes the seats closer to the field. Almost like a stretched out wide half-pipe. Some of the Arenas for hockey and Basket ball do it and their is not a bad seat in the place.

Because half of the seats and the pitch are actually lower and go into the ground the outside of the stadium is maybe 2-3 stories high.

Get the people who built the Millennium Stadium for £121 million with
      Capacity 74,500
      I ‘m sure they could build us a stadium or even the builder who built 10 stadiums for euro 2004 for 700 million

NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #112: Feb 05, 2011 02:09:46 pm
      Not sure. 65,000 would be nice. If we start winning things the bulk of gloryhunters will slither back and it could easily be filled. Plus all the local scousers who have been deprived of tickets in favour of giving them to corporates. We could easily 70 if were playing good. Although bigger doesn't always mean better, the atmosphere will be significantly reduced.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #113: Feb 06, 2011 02:35:30 pm
      65000 minimum. Unfortunately if we want to be competing at the top end consistently we need to increase our corporate capacity which has been said repeatedly.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #114: Feb 06, 2011 06:37:57 pm
      I thought the Thomas Cook packages were in the upper Centenary? I've seen empty seats in the sections nearest the Kop and was under the impression thats where the TC seats were.

Also, I'm just wondering something regarding season tickets. Apart from the middle few sections of the Kop what other sections in what other stands are season tickets? I mean 20 000+ season tickets at Anfield yet I always see huge areas of the stadium available for members and general sale, is it a case of every section being split between ST and individual match tickets?

Theres quite a few season ticket holders in the Annie road!

Quick Reply