Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread

Read 41254 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread
      Reply #207: Apr 22, 2009 11:34:43 am
      Well I've read both the match and post match thread only took me 2hrs ! the result, disappointing but the comittment was there for all to see, I honestly can't see any of the remaining games causing us any bother max points IMO.
      Torres and Benny did the business, unfortunately our defence didnt !
      BUT as  has been for a while now the onus is on Manure to slip up, Which with more games to play in the same time span is a definate possibility
      they have to face an Arsenal team with Arshavin on fire and their two injury worries back, A Manc derby, Spurs, Wigan and Hull, all potential banana skins !

Faith & Trust !
      It ain't over yet !
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #208: Apr 22, 2009 11:59:48 am
      The Newcastle/West ham/Spurs games might be difficult as well, if we keep on defending like this.
      Especially Newcastle still searching for a win for EPL survival.
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #209: Apr 22, 2009 12:03:38 pm
      We can still win this title if we as fans and club just focus on our game and not on what the mancs or anyone else is saying or doing. We must just focus on our objective which is to win the league title
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #210: Apr 22, 2009 12:04:25 pm
      How can you say the second goal wasn't Arbeloa fault JD, have you ever heard of ball watching, thats what Arbeloa did last night, he let Ashvain come from behind him to steal the ball, I'l guarantee when Rafa talks about that goal to them today it will be Arbeloa that gets it.
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #211: Apr 22, 2009 12:13:38 pm

Babel, however... well, if he can play every game he plays in like he did when he came on last night, he will be more of a threat than Riera, I'm sure.

wat was babel doin..
      I didnt see him till 5 mins after he came in..and all he tried was to get in by dribbling.. selfishly.. he couldn't pass the ball. el zahar played better
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #212: Apr 22, 2009 12:18:35 pm
      By what I saw on the gossip colum on bbc sport le arsenal are going to make a 9m bid for babel i think we must try and get someone like lennon or silva
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #213: Apr 22, 2009 12:20:14 pm
      Too many defensive problems cost us and them, however i was at anfield last night and was easily the best game ive been to but we can score but we do need to tighten up! My opinion is that the best player out there last night had to be Benayoun he was everywhere good job and i cant say the performance was bad, we got 4 goals! But as i said we do need to tighten up but its not over yet, have belief

YNWA
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #214: Apr 22, 2009 12:21:23 pm
      ARrrgh. The soccernet Comment list all full of Man Spew retards bitching us. Im about to bash my keyboard here.
      poshvacant
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #215: Apr 22, 2009 12:34:20 pm
      LIVERPOOL still the best club for me. even if we wont win the league we played the most awesome game and we beat chelsea and manure. i am sooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo proud to be a liverpool fan! :)

now go boston! ;D :P
      LadyLFC
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #216: Apr 22, 2009 12:37:38 pm
      By what I saw on the gossip colum on bbc sport le arsenal are going to make a 9m bid for babel I think we must try and get someone like lennon or silva

I already notice this too.
      and babel being that much on the bench, I guess he will consider this transfer.

But a while  ago Babel noticed he wanted to go back to ajax on loan terms, but rafa denied his request, because he found him to important to the team. I dont't know if rafa is going to let him go
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #217: Apr 22, 2009 01:15:19 pm
      Sh*t defending. Absolutely sh*t defending.

Masch messes up. Arby/Carra messes up. Aurelio messes up.

I'm not happy at all with that performance to be honest. It was a sh*t Arsenal team and they had one decent player who took their chances when pretty much all their goals should have been stopped in the first place. Conceding 11 goals in 4 games isn't good enough.

Arsenals fist 3 goals all came from individual errors by Liverpool players. Masch getting caught for the first one. Arbe getting caught after Carra uncharacteristically didn't launch the ball down field and Aurelio volleying straight to an Arsenal player.

I would like to say to anybody trying to make a scapegoat of any of those four lads remember

1) What Carra has done for this club over the last 12 years
      2) The season Aurelio has had including some important goals
      3) The consistent performance Arbe gives week in and week out
      4) The 100% give everything attitude Masch has to win for this club

Errors were made. It happens. We move on. Lets not try to pass the blame to individuals
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #218: Apr 22, 2009 01:17:17 pm
      Everyone believe this is not over yet there's going to be plenty more twists and turns.this season is our destiny.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #219: Apr 22, 2009 01:19:19 pm
      I would like to say to anybody trying to make a scapegoat of any of those four lads remember

1) What Carra has done for this club over the last 12 years

I wasn't making Carragher a scapegoat.  I was just saying their 2nd goal was his fault, which it was. I'm sure he will himself look again at that and realise he should have put his foot through the ball. Doesn't detract at all that he has given 12 years fantastic service to the club and no doubt will have some more to give.

But our club doesn't rely on sentiment.  No great team ever does. Whether somebody has been at Anfield for 12 years or 12 days does not make them less immune for debate about their performances in each game.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #220: Apr 22, 2009 01:25:10 pm
      There will be a couple more twists and turns yet, this is not over yet, hope arsenal show the same fight when they go to Utd. And yes, there was individual errors last nite but it happens in football. It was one of those games you can only get in England. But one things for sure .. these players do care and give 100% for us. No matter what went on , the way they fought back bodes well. If we dont do it we will have learned a lot of what it takes to win the league and where we went wrong this year.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #221: Apr 22, 2009 01:27:41 pm
      The Newcastle/West ham/Spurs games might be difficult as well, if we keep on defending like this.
      Especially Newcastle still searching for a win for EPL survival.

See, I would see it an other way - If we keep attacking like we have; neither Spurs, West Ham nor Newcastle could live with us. None of them are anywhere near Arsenal in terms of skill, speed or technique. We'd F***ing slaughter them.  >:D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #222: Apr 22, 2009 01:42:18 pm
      Well what can I say other than that I am dissapointed with the result but proud of the fighting spirit shown by the team and our supporters out there at Anfield. They deserve every credit for there support the "Fields of Anfield Road" when we went up 2-1 had my eyes swelling with tears as did the YNWA when we pulled it back to 4-4.It makes me so proud as a supporter of this club and it proves we have by far the best supporters in the world.

What makes me so dissapointed that it was an understrenght Arsenal side with Fabregas playing in a forward role behing a very average striker and we managed to leak 4 goals. I agree with DLS I think it was in saying that individual mistakes and errors are what cost us the win. I was surprised to see Insua miss out especially knowing that he did so well against Arsenal the last time out. I dont think its a knee jerk reaction to criticise our defence. But I think we do need to take of our red tinted glasses and admit that we have an issue at the back. Carragher has played the most games and needed to be rested /rotated earlier to be sharp and focused for the final push. Despite having a decent game against Arsenal I think the signs of weariness and lack of concentration are starting to take its toll on him.

Eliminating the individual errors that was a breathtaking display of end to end attacking football dominated and controlled so well by us. We created so many chances and I dont recall anybody dominating Arsenal that badly in years. They did not create a serious chance the entire game, the shot, possesion and corner count proved we absolutely dominated them the entire game. I think like on many occassion we lacked luck and fortune if we had a tiny bit of it the scoreline could have been a total blow out.

I have faith that Rafa will sort our present defensive woes and I am not giving up hope on the tiltle until it is mathematically impossible. Before this draw it was going to be hard now it is even harder, but I refuse to give up hope and believe we can still do this.
      YNWA
      IRWT
      phillio67
      • Justice For The 96
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts |
      Reply #223: Apr 22, 2009 01:45:44 pm
      Anyway it doesn't matter now, the commitment they have shown us needs to be appreciated, so let us show them the same commitment !!!!
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #224: Apr 22, 2009 03:19:55 pm
      We couldn't undone things that have already happened. May these be their lesson to improve in the next game. Never bother about what other team might do, but just focus on what we should do. Surely that night was surely a night Carra, Arbe and Masch would want to forget. One thing for sure we can score goals and that will send shivers into others especially manure and chels**t. Not all team can score more than 3 goals 5 out 6 games played. Imagine other teams than Liverpool ever did it. I don't see anyone than us!

Let us just continue our great runs of free scoring and let Rafa deals with the defensive hiccups.
      gman08
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #225: Apr 22, 2009 03:44:09 pm
      sad to say we were kinda playing like Arsenal last night, brilliant up front but shabby at the back.
      we need to dig deep and hope that Crouch brings it to the Mancs tonight.
      clarey33
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #226: Apr 22, 2009 03:55:37 pm
      Was there last night and think we gave it away really1 Shocking defending but some good goals. Shame we couldn't stop them scoring aswell!

Fantastic atmosphere tho and the best singing of Anfield Road I've ever heard!
      LadyLFC
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #227: Apr 22, 2009 03:57:56 pm
      ^^ I hope I could be there at anfield once to support them..

Its just a shame that we are depending on man utd faillures.. But who knows!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #228: Apr 22, 2009 04:24:31 pm
      One of the differences between us and Arsenal was : Arsenal took their chances but we didn't.
      They only had 4 shots on target and all entered the goal. We had 14 on target I think and Fabianski made 10 saves.

Can't really say the fault is entirely on Mascherano, Aurelio or Arbeloa.
      Mascherano may have been unaware of the surroundings and doodled on the ball a little too long. That 1st Arsenal goal, on another day would have easily been given offside.
      For the 2nd goal, Carra should have cleared it instead of heading it towards Arbeloa who was under pressure with Arshavin near by.
      Well, there 3rd goal, we probably should have prevented the cross for even going in.

Well, we may have been unlucky this game and it's football. There are times too that we have come away with wins even though we didn't play well.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #229: Apr 22, 2009 04:26:01 pm
      Quick question ..

Which is worse?

Frances defences in 1939 WWII

or ours last night.

Quick Reply