Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread

Read 41172 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread
      Reply #23: Apr 21, 2009 10:07:09 pm
      I'm speechless. What a F***ing incredible game of football.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #24: Apr 21, 2009 10:07:24 pm
      Sh*t defending. Absolutely sh*t defending.

Masch messes up. Arby/Carra messes up. Aurelio messes up.

I'm not happy at all with that performance to be honest. It was a sh*t Arsenal team and they had one decent player who took their chances when pretty much all their goals should have been stopped in the first place. Conceding 11 goals in 4 games isn't good enough.

Well absolutely summed it up for me. Did well in attack but sh*te in defence. At the end of the day one point only. Rafa don't F***ing overlook these mistakes and make sure they dont F***ing happen again!

And we missed Gerrard :(
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #25: Apr 21, 2009 10:07:35 pm
      As usaul where there is a great game there is always LIVERPOOL involved
       BUT f*ck what a mess we have done defending masch,Arbi and than fabio 3 fatal misfortunes
      But loved the team spirit at the end .keep hoping till the end
      SmithyBoy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 21, 2009 10:07:42 pm
       Disappointing first-half much better second. Made two mistakes and got punished, should have won the game. Arsenal look as though they can beat Man U if they play to the same way.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #27: Apr 21, 2009 10:07:52 pm
      I dont think my heart can take anymore of these matches. Every match is edge of my seat. This is why I watch Liverpool. The most exciting team in the world!!!! Hands down!!!!

I hate to see what Arsenal will be like in the next 2-3 seasons...They are REAL good and they are YOUNG. If they hold on to these kids, Arsenal will be a force.

I hate to praise someone not on Liverpool but give it up to Arshaven..4 FUKCIN GOALS !!!!!!!!!!!! Unreal player. Guy is Incredible.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #28: Apr 21, 2009 10:07:54 pm
      If arsenal and man city beat them then we win all our games then it's ours...
      Thats the spirit!! Still breathing, still believing!
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #29: Apr 21, 2009 10:08:07 pm
      wow what a game. told you arshavin is immense and not to under estimate Arsenal
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 21, 2009 10:08:28 pm
      I want to cry...
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #31: Apr 21, 2009 10:08:40 pm
      f***in ugly b***ard aswell isn't he?
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #32: Apr 21, 2009 10:08:52 pm
      Again great team effort and immense pride.
      I still BELIEVE so must everyone else, I mean everyone if you dont believe your not 100% LFC, I dont care about been deluded and 2nd place is good blah blah.
      We must keep fighting until the end, that was probably our hardest game out of the games left, now we must not make any more mistakes, credit to Arsenal they kept coming. Hopefully crouchie can do us a favour tommorrow even if scum win its not over they have harder games left than us and are involved in CL so extra playing time for them.
      One word BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YNWA
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #33: Apr 21, 2009 10:09:07 pm
      One more game like this and that will be the end of me. I don't think i can take much more of this. ;)

But i think we both played poorly, too many mistakes let us down. Not taking our chances early on in the game also let us down.

4-4 is not a bad result against Arsenal, it could have been much worse (or much better depending on how you think).

But we still have a chance to win the title. And i for one refuse to give up any hope unless its mathematically impossible.
      phillio67
      • Justice For The 96
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts |
      Reply #34: Apr 21, 2009 10:09:21 pm
      Great spirit but i agree WE should not be letting that many goals in !!!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #35: Apr 21, 2009 10:09:31 pm
      I'm speechless. What a f**king incredible game of football.

Sorry to say this, but I'm not excited at all. Yes it was a F***ing incredible game of football, but suffering for fans like us :(

But, believe. Its not over till its over.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #36: Apr 21, 2009 10:09:40 pm
      I can't believe we didn't win!! :( What a game though! Lets hope United mess up against Portsmouth tomorrow, that way the 2 points we lost today won't matter so much! I'm must have had about 4 minor heart attacks during that match!! :f_doh: My Nerves were shot!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #37: Apr 21, 2009 10:09:41 pm
      Well on the good side...

Once again we proved we don't know when we're beaten.  Arsenal was always likely to be a tough game.  They are in the Champions League semi-final and they're no mugs.  Obvioulsy would have been great to have got all 3 points but I said earlier I didn't think we had to win every game to win the league.

I felt we could probably afford one draw and that was it.

We're back top and all we can hope is that United throw in a couple of F**k ups.

They've got 7 chances to F**k up.

On the negative side, panic defending cost us 4 goals.  Arshavin isn't worthy of scoring 4 goals at any ground never mind Anfield.  Aurelio was at fault for one, and one was down to us going for the winner all out.

Que sera sera.

Oh and by the way, Liverpool are unbeaten against the top four this season.  And in all likelihood, if we don't win the league - whoever does we will have snotted them twice in the league.

Onwards and upwards.

YNWA.
      karljd
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 21, 2009 10:10:07 pm
      i'm on pill's for me nerves
      CupidStunt
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -3 
      Reply #39: Apr 21, 2009 10:10:37 pm
      The sh*t thing is I have this problem of FM08, our defense is so slow in attacking positions, we haven't the pace to get back.  Arshavin was just too quick on the break, then Aaron Lemon running on the wing caused the same problems. We need to quicken them up or we'll have to defend deep every match
      red79
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 21, 2009 10:11:09 pm
      It's not over till it's over remember, a draw is better than a defeat but obviously not as good as a win, no matter what the result it doesn't change a lot, we are still relying on the mancs to drop points, before the mancs would have had to have drawn 2, now it's 3 they need to draw, we could have won tonight and won our remaining games and still not won the league, so remember it's not over till it's over, keep the faith, the mancs have still got champions league, games in hand (fixture congestion) so you never know, Don't give up Redmen, It is still possible,
      No matter what, love you Liverpool, YNWA x
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #41: Apr 21, 2009 10:11:09 pm
      f***in ugly b***ard aswell isn't he?

Yup! Face like a smacked ass!
      exwm
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 21, 2009 10:11:41 pm
      Too many defensive mistakes!  :f_steam: We looked great on attack the whole game, but seriously whenever we give the ball away cheaply we get punished completely by teams like arsenal and chelsea who hit hard on counterattacks. Its great that we pour forward and have shot after shot, but scoring 4 out of 23 attempts doesn't give us a win over scoring 4 out of 8 (arse)! ARGH such a relief that we didn't lose, but drawing when we really should've won is so so frustrating! Must say that arsenal was really lucky that fabianski was superman for the night.

Well, keep playing the splendid attacking football and hopefully we crush everyone else from now! No more shocking shoddy passes please!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #43: Apr 21, 2009 10:11:49 pm
      If Crouchie 'pulls out the rope' tomorrow this will be a very good result.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #44: Apr 21, 2009 10:11:58 pm
      I'm gutted after that match, our defending was awful, while people have being raving about Arbeloa the last couple of weeks, I've bit my tongue and said nothing, he was awful tonight, the worst performer in a bad defensive performance, I think he is a weak link, Arshvain destroyed him tonight.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #45: Apr 21, 2009 10:12:04 pm
      Even though we'd rather lose twice against the other three teams and win the league...but I know what you mean JD ;) Coz we're still gonna win it!

Quick Reply