Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread

Read 41169 times
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread
      Reply #230: Apr 22, 2009 04:27:05 pm
      France's.

At least ours never surrendered on the spot :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #231: Apr 22, 2009 04:56:15 pm
      Perhaps on a "Player We Should Have Bought" thread this would be more appropriate.

While Parry was sodding about last year bringing in Keane (a mature player) for the money he did, there was one player who played everyone off the park
      in the U.E.F.A. Final for Zenit St Petersburg against Rangers.

Now that Rafa has control over what goes on, when a player comes along who stands out like Arshavin, last night, we might be in a position to make that choice.

Time to move on.

ITS NOT OVER TILL ITS OVER ........................ .............AND IT AINT OVER YET MANKERS.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #232: Apr 22, 2009 04:58:54 pm
      I don't know if I should be proud of the fightback and attacking spirit or cry because we pretty much blew the title chances right now

same feeling here!!!!!!  :'(
      kopfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts |
      Reply #233: Apr 22, 2009 05:00:01 pm
      our defenders are just tired and lose concentration. give them the opportunity to re-org and get in shape for next game.
      still like to see more action from Insua.
      It good to see Liverpool keep fighting... at least we gain a point and this can be important.
      now.. let us see mu n che get beaten at home.. strange things could happen.
      YNWA
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #234: Apr 22, 2009 05:03:41 pm
      Quick question ..

Which is worse?

Frances defences in 1939 WWII

of course!! France's!!!!!!
      or ours last night.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #235: Apr 22, 2009 05:05:49 pm
      our defenders are just tired and lose concentration. give them the opportunity to re-org and get in shape for next game.
      still like to see more action from Insua.
      It good to see Liverpool keep fighting... at least we gain a point and this can be important.
      now.. let us see mu n che get beaten at home.. strange things could happen.
      YNWA

I dnt thk defenders are tired... well but u sure are right that "strnge things" can happen...for the best!!!!!!!!
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #236: Apr 22, 2009 05:11:55 pm
      It's not a factor. We had a week's rest and they barely just had 3 days rest. So tiredness is not a factor. Errors made were not because of they are tired. Look at the 1st goal; got caught napping. Same with 3rd goal. Definitely they were not concentrating on the ball. But at least they gave their all...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #237: Apr 22, 2009 05:52:26 pm

But our club doesn't rely on sentiment.  No great team ever does. Whether somebody has been at Anfield for 12 years or 12 days does not make them less immune for debate about their performances in each game.

Agree 100% with that and our club rarel if ever has.

However the main target of my post was to get across the fact that while 4 individuals played a part in 3 of Arsenals goals we should not forget the good they have done this season before we blame them. In Carra's case I was pointing out merely the fact that he more then any player deserves slack for his error as he rarely puts a foot wrong in his spell at the club. Thats all
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #238: Apr 22, 2009 06:05:07 pm
      Just goes to show that we can score goals when we are behind  !!! makes me feel so very proud of our team the way they stuck at it till the final whistle ,this was always going to be a toughie but what a game to watch !! we have been in the best ever premiership and champions league games ever !! they all have my utmost respect for their committment ,rock on reds !! ynwa
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #239: Apr 22, 2009 06:17:39 pm
      Who negged me for not respecting others opinions better show me where the f**k I have disrespected someones opinion. Clown
      phillio67
      • Justice For The 96
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts |
      Reply #240: Apr 22, 2009 06:49:10 pm
      France's.

At least ours never surrendered on the spot :D

ha ha ha ha your'e so right there..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #241: Apr 22, 2009 06:55:05 pm
      Who negged me for not respecting others opinions better show me where the f**k I have disrespected someones opinion. Clown

No takers? Didnt think so
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #242: Apr 22, 2009 07:09:53 pm
      Couldn't post last night got home from the game too late, but from what I've read by f*cked there was some negativety going on last night. Have to say, proud to have been at Anfield last night. What we have asked for for a long time is a team to compete for the title and a team to give it it's all! Well all you negative people, what the f*ck have you been watching this year? That team may or may not win the title but they are having a good f*cking bash at it.

We dont have a divine right to win it. Other teams want it just as bad. We wanted to have a good crack at it and thats what we are getting, so get behind the team and stop whinging. We lost to teams in the 70's and the 80's and still won titles. You cant always win every game, but to get down after you're team has dominated a game but for a few simple mistakes, and still drag a point out of a game which two or three seasons ago we would have definately lost is a bit mystifying.

Best game I have seen Yossi have in a red shirt. Get in there little man. Also thought the fans really got behind the team last night even when we were down we kept it up. Couldn't talk all the way home, had no voice left.

One more thing! The amount of touts outside the ground last night was a f*cking disgrace. Where the f*ck are they getting all these tickets? I got to the ground late last night due to heavy traffic on the way up. I also hadn't had any food all day due to the fact of leaving work late so I was still eating some food at 20 to 8 outside the Kop and saw a chinese couple paying £100 for tickets plus I must have been asked at least twenty times if I wanted tickets! A copper even told one of them to stop making it so obvious what they were doing! Now I thought it was illegal. Silly me.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2009 07:56:28 pm by CRK, Reason: Cracking post. Shocking grammar. »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #243: Apr 22, 2009 09:00:42 pm
      .Sorry for the grammar must be still tired from last night  ;)The irony is i went to a grammar school, :lmao:.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #244: Apr 22, 2009 10:07:53 pm
      .Sorry for the grammar must be still tired from last night  ;)The irony is I went to a grammar school, :lmao:.

No need to apologise Andy.

Class post.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #245: Apr 22, 2009 10:18:48 pm
      Glad you enjoyed the spectacle last night Andy, and you finally got there safe, the atmosphere sounded electric on the tele, bet it was great to be there.

Just one thing I want to say on the defensive errors last night.

Carragher, Arbeloa, Mascherano and Aurelio have played extremely well this season, it's unfortunate......they are only human and will occasionally make mistakes, it's just unfortunate that if you are a defender and make a mistake in defence you will usually be punished, a midfielder will more often than not get away with it  ;)

I guess were equal with Arsenal this season, drew at the Emirates and drew at Anfield, just a shame this game came when it did, being so close to the end of the season.

I think we've learnt an awful lot this season, and Rafa has really come into his own especially lately, I really do feel that we are so close now.

Keep up the good works lads, you've made me very happy this season, seen some cracking games.

ONE VERY PROUD LFC SUPPORTER  ;D

philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #246: Apr 22, 2009 10:27:25 pm
      Ferguson wants 38 games next season
      CupidStunt
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -3 
      Reply #247: Apr 22, 2009 10:27:43 pm
      Glad you enjoyed the spectacle last night Andy, and you finally got there safe, the atmosphere sounded electric on the tele, bet it was great to be there.

Just one thing I want to say on the defensive errors last night.

Carragher, Arbeloa, Mascherano and Aurelio have played extremely well this season, it's unfortunate......they are only human and will occasionally make mistakes, it's just unfortunate that if you are a defender and make a mistake in defence you will usually be punished, a midfielder will more often than not get away with it  ;)

I guess were equal with Arsenal this season, drew at the Emirates and drew at Anfield, just a shame this game came when it did, being so close to the end of the season.

I think we've learnt an awful lot this season, and Rafa has really come into his own especially lately, I really do feel that we are so close now.

Keep up the good works lads, you've made me very happy this season, seen some cracking games.

ONE VERY PROUD LFC SUPPORTER  ;D

Hear, Hear!
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #248: Apr 22, 2009 10:29:33 pm
      Well said ms Gerrard. We've had a lot of ups and downs this season but if someone said to you at the start we'd be 3 points behind going into the last 5 games you'd probably have taken it. Its the manner of the silly draws at home against teams we should comfortably defeat which is the upsetting part. However i agree that Rafa has excelled this season and although we may fall just that little bit short this season, I've seen enough improvement to suggest that with another 1 or 2 quality additions in the summer, we can definitely look forward to next season with more optimism than hope. Whatever happens thanks for a great season lads.

ANOTHER PROUD LFC SUPPORTER
      MsGerrard
      Reply #249: Apr 22, 2009 10:36:15 pm
      Well said ms Gerrard. We've had a lot of ups and downs this season but if someone said to you at the start we'd be 3 points behind going into the last 5 games you'd probably have taken it. Its the manner of the silly draws at home against teams we should comfortably defeat which is the upsetting part. However I agree that Rafa has excelled this season and although we may fall just that little bit short this season, I've seen enough improvement to suggest that with another 1 or 2 quality additions in the summer, we can definitely look forward to next season with more optimism than hope. Whatever happens thanks for a great season lads.

ANOTHER PROUD LFC SUPPORTER

Absolutely Kennystaff..........and Welcome to the forum  ;D

We've done it the opposite way round this season to last haven't we.....couldn't beat the top teams last season, but wiped the floor with the lower teams, this season, beaten the top teams home and away  :laugh: like you say, it's the draws that have killed us.

Next season......we'll get it spot on  ;)
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #250: Apr 22, 2009 10:49:37 pm
      walcoll call himself liverpool fan. how can he let the russian pussy score? he should just take a shot off the target himself!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #251: Apr 22, 2009 11:06:44 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Classic.
      CupidStunt
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -3 
      Reply #252: Apr 22, 2009 11:28:30 pm
      I don't know with what intent you guys are opining.  But it does sound like a resignation to a second place finish.  There is still football to be played, and I can see Dam Utd stumbling enough to give us a stronger whiff of the silver.  They have a tough weekend fixture against a buoyant Tottenham side with another tough matchup against Arsenal in the CL and again with the same team later in the PL.  I still say this season is ours!

Quick Reply