Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread

Read 41194 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread
      Reply #253: Apr 23, 2009 12:23:18 am
      I'm not lying down mate, so F***ing what they're ahead but they're sh*t. They have Spurs and Arsenal to play off memory, not to mention alot more games than us.

We've fought too hard to sit back and say well done and the boys know that, we know that. Round 38, we're going to be fighting our arses off until the 90th minute if we're still a chance.

5 games left, 15 points. That moves us to 86. They're on 74 with 6 games left, that means 90 points. I personally feel they'll drop some here and there and it only takes 2 games for them to falter for us to pounce.

19 is coming home ladies and gents.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #254: Apr 23, 2009 12:35:35 am
      United will drop more points before the end of the season that's for sure. We are still in this and I think we willstill do it. The chavs drew tonight as well so no further pressure from behind. Don't know why but I'm convinced we will win it. Said in earlier posts, a draw against spurs lin ast game, and we will finnish 2 points ahead of untd. And F**k, wern't we entertained this last few weeks ?  Fighting like gladiators, just what we wanted.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #255: Apr 23, 2009 01:24:08 am
      walcoll call himself liverpool fan. how can he let the russian pussy score? he should just take a shot off the target himself!

Well i was more annoyed with him celebrating.....
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #256: Apr 23, 2009 02:26:23 am
      The season is far from over,give the lads credit for fighting to the last whistle.I thought Mascherano had a good game,his passing was good and that one lapse when he lingered on the ball cost him and us dearly.The way Benayoun is playing he is deserving of getting his contract extended.Do not give up we can still do it.
      ajabkhan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #257: Apr 23, 2009 07:28:16 am
      well done boys. i was reminded once again why I love this club so much. at the 90th i was thinking, perhaps a point would've been okay, but then yossi gets in on the 92th. brilliant. just to pump myself up with the remainder of the season, and what an ending it will be, i was watching the second half of milan vs. liverpool 2005 champions league final. it gave me goosebumps, sheer goosebumps. i love this team, and regardless if we win anything or not, we are perhaps the best club in the world in 2008-2009 surely. aesthetically and tactically, in 99% our of matches this season, we have shown the class we have to offer even, EVEN, with the likes of lucas, riera, arbeloa, ngog, kuyt and MANY more- who were unknown prior to Liverpool.

well done boys , truly well done. arshavin is a good player, i honestly have respect for him. but even i'll admit, he thought he broke our hearts. he sure did, that celebration at the end wasn't for 4 goals, it was for the match. but step up the boys in Red, cause we never go down with a fight (EVEN if we have a terrible game at the back), and Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man - Yossi on target once again. Love you Liverpool, will always love you.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #258: Apr 23, 2009 09:39:58 am
      My mate and I were in the Kop for the game, and I was proud to be a red.  we never gave up and the spporters never gave up!!!  that's what you want from the team and crowd.  we also had a friend in the Arsenal end (he is a gooner).  he later said that the Liverpool supporters were awesome and created by far the best atmosphere he had ever heard at any game.

LFC and Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      YNWA-96
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #259: Apr 23, 2009 10:48:12 am
      I really thought beforehand that we were going to thrash the Gunners but I guess that it was just never meant to happen  :(!

But I have not given up on the lads just yet as I firmly believe we could come from the back and still perhaps win the title...............
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #260: Apr 23, 2009 10:48:51 am
      If Arsenal,tottenham or Man City can beat Utd and two other teams draw with them we`ll be 1 point in front if we win all our remaining games.It`s not impossible.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #261: Apr 23, 2009 10:53:44 am
      If Arse..nal did it back then, why not Liverpool? We have the quality to do it! Have faith and hope Manure Scums tremble in their remaining matches. Hiddink has concluded that his team bid for PL is over, so it's up to us to go and win the 19th title.
      Bulletpages
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #262: Apr 23, 2009 12:16:35 pm
      Yeah, the first Arsenal goal was offside, this wasn't our day..... but a respectable 4-4 result though, Yossi to the rescue.
      We need that extra bit of chi and luck !!! I really want the teams facing manure Utd to grab as much points for that Manure team.
      I keep posting in ESPN.com and I get hit by a lot of Manure fans. BTW Manure Utd's histiory is just coming from a Trainyard team called Newton Heath.
      I really don't know why the Manure fans are the most annoying, lifeless, obnoxious and arrogant fans out there.....
      Rafa, the Kop fans want some justice......please please do all your lifeblood can, to win all the next games !!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #263: Apr 23, 2009 12:18:38 pm
      There was always going to be an awkward game and maybe a draw will still prove a valuable point. I think if we can at least get to the last 4 league games which arent easy for them we can still hopefully  make them nervous as I understand the were not good again last night despite winning. We have to still believe we can do this and we start again at Hull on Saturday. This is valuable experience the lads are gaining now we must try to keep the pressure up.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #264: Apr 23, 2009 01:16:29 pm
      Guess we were really unlucky.

Pure dominance. Scored 4 goals with 14 shots on target.
      Arsenal had no corners and on another day, their first goal would be given offside. Mistakes our players rarely do too.

niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #265: Apr 23, 2009 01:47:06 pm
      I think we were just very unlucky ..we had 14 shots on target as opposed to their 4 shots . They were just more clinical than us and we had 3 mistakes by players who don't usually mistakes and one tactical error of desperation and their one good player took advantage of that otherwise they wouldn't of even been in the game. I'm just upset with the fact that we let 4 goals from and arsenal side who dint have their best strikers . Otherwise the defense wasn't a shambles just those mistakes cost us dearly .Yossi was great and so was nando and on a side not I'm glad to see Agger in the starting line up . But it's not over till it's over we still have games and scum united have games to loose we can win all of them and win the prem ! I believe we can do it ! YNWA !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #266: Apr 24, 2009 12:52:48 pm
      Just another game that this wonderful club will have been involved in that turns into a Trivia question in years to come.

What can you say that hasn't already been said?

I understand what Mag and Chats were saying about the word proud during this thread. But you just can't help feeling that way after the way we never gave in, even in injury time when Yossi scored. It was like come on let's get another. I still think it was handball at the death and we should have had a penalty.

Oh well it didn't happen.

Question I want to ask which was mentioned in the match thread...why does the opposing Keeper always have to have the game of his life at Anfield. I know it's happened for decades but maybe it's time we stopped applauding them when they come up to the KOP end...F**k them ...scare the crap out of them...might put them right off their game. I know it's been done for ages and it sets our supporters apart from the rest but maybe it's time for a change.  ???

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #267: Apr 24, 2009 01:01:25 pm
      I agree with you  that one Aussie mate everytime a keeper comes to Anfield they have the best game of their carreer.

Fabianski was sh*t against Chelsea in the cup and looked shakey in the previous appeareances and then came to Anfield and pulled off some miracoulous sh*t.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #268: Apr 24, 2009 01:10:11 pm
      Paul Robinson responded to the Kop and then pulled off some cracking saves still conceeded 4 tho. So no dont change tradition. A keeper will have sh*t himself coming to Anfield long before the half time turnaround. A keeper focused on his job in hand wont be put off or raise his game based on a crowd
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #269: Apr 24, 2009 01:18:27 pm
      Paul Robinson responded to the Kop and then pulled off some cracking saves still conceeded 4 tho. So no dont change tradition. A keeper will have sh*t himself coming to Anfield long before the half time turnaround. A keeper focused on his job in hand wont be put off or raise his game based on a crowd

I understand mate and I know it will never change.

Just looking for some reason as to why they always seem to play at the very top of their game when they come to our home ground. Why don't they ever do it at Old Toilet or at the Bridge? It just f***in frustrates me.  :mad:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #270: Apr 24, 2009 04:49:18 pm
      Why don't they ever do it at Old Toilet or at the Bridge? It just f***in frustrates me.  :mad:

Cos Rafa aside, every prem lge manager are so far up Fergies arse they let there teams roll over for utd. Players especially keepers are bet before they go there. On the other hand they will all be told your going to famous Anfield lift your game son
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #271: Apr 25, 2009 06:18:30 am
      Cos Rafa aside, every prem lge manager are so far up Fergies arse they let there teams roll over for utd. Players especially keepers are bet before they go there. On the other hand they will all be told your going to famous Anfield lift your game son

Sorry Brian mate for my ignorance but what does that mean?

I think imight start a topic on whether opposition keepers should get a round of applause when they come up to the Kop End to defend that goal. will do it as soon as i get a chance.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #272: Apr 25, 2009 06:44:35 am
      Sorry Brian mate for my ignorance but what does that mean?

Don't want to put words into Brian's mouth, but after reading it I thought he meant to put "beat" instead of "bet", that for years teams have been going to Old Trafford without having much hope of getting even a point, so haven't upped their game the way they do against us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #273: Apr 25, 2009 06:51:51 am
      Don't want to put words into Brian's mouth, but after reading it I thought he meant to put "beat" instead of "bet", that for years teams have been going to Old Trafford without having much hope of getting even a point, so haven't upped their game the way they do against us.

Thanks Ayrton that would make sense then...just a typo...no sweat...cheers mate.
      enrique.miranda
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #274: May 14, 2009 03:05:07 pm
      We will be looking back at this game at the end of the season I promise.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #275: May 14, 2009 04:47:17 pm
      We will be looking back at this game at the end of the season I promise.
      Nah, I think we were awesome in this game bar the mistakes and not taking our chances but still scored 4.
      The ones we need to look back at is Man City, Hull City, West Ham, Fulham, Stoke , Everton at Anfield and Stoke City(again) and Wigan away.

Oh my goodness, Stoke did the "double" over us!

Quick Reply