Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110776 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #207: May 14, 2009 01:12:45 pm
      I am not one of those knee jerkers. I believe it goes a long way to show his character in him still trying to be the best he can be and in doing so proving his class. My feeling though, he has done enough to suggest that he will sign and become a full on Manc. If you check his attitude in comparison to C-Rank they are too opposite players. But C-Rank starts with his ugly attitude and Teves is benched with his determination and will.

He would undoubtedly be a plus. But having him is not a must. But it goes back to the point; In Rafa We Trust!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #208: May 14, 2009 01:15:21 pm

Agree
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #209: May 14, 2009 01:24:20 pm
      Surely if he came in it would be to replace kuyt on the right or to be nando's backup.
      Rate him very highly. Think that if ronaldo goes then he'll stay at old toilet

Definitely not. Kuyt has been compared to by Rafa has a Duracall bunny and also said he is 'one of the first names on the teamsheets.' Don't see how Tevez will come in to replace Kuyt, because Kuyt has been outstanding for us this season as well. 14 goals in 12 assists if I'm not wrong. Thats a good amount and considering he's at his peak, it would be a bad move to let him go because of the fire within himself to help Liverpool win a EPL title.

A fisherman, or a footballer? He's made the right decision.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #210: May 14, 2009 01:28:55 pm
      I'll agree with that.

Quite a lot of knee-jerking on this thread, I feel. If anything, Tevez has shown his ability to show up in the big matches, under pressure, and score vital goals.

Whether or not he'd fit into our side, or believing he's overpriced is one thing, but saying we shouldn't sign him for doing exactly what he's paid to do is another!

Yeah, that's the joy of it. Still think he's a fantastic player, but I'd rather see Silva here and someone who can play lone striker than a partner for Fernando.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #211: May 14, 2009 01:32:56 pm
      ^^Let's not forget the fact that he's only loaned to the scum, not even their player by right! We need a partner for Torres that's for sure. Torres has been brilliant for us but oppenent also knows that. Besides Gerrard and Alonso, he has been instrumental to our performance this season eventhough injuries has taken a lot of him. But as the he matures in our team so as the defenders in other teams also. They will be accustomed to his play and we might see next season defenders will be putting more pressure to him and cuts off his freedom to do what he does best. Whether it's Tevez, Villa or any striking option Rafa might look into, a striking partner is a must for us thus giving Torres more freedom to roam and provide the extra dose of attacking flair. Tevez might be our suitable option considering his attitude, determination and he has already familiar with PL. He's like Kuyt but offers more pace and striking power. But like crzy_jkr@u said, In Rafa we trust!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #212: May 14, 2009 01:36:54 pm
      We actually don't need him he is right footed player where as right now we need a left footed ( winger preferably) player cuz currently the best we have on our left wing id Riera and babel and we need a quality left winger for Liverpool fc !
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #213: May 14, 2009 01:41:27 pm
      ^^Let's not forget the fact that he's only loaned to the scum, not even their player by right! We need a partner for Torres that's for sure.

We have a partner for Torres. His name is Steven Gerrard, perhaps you've heard of him.

We need another striker as cover for Torres when he's out. Someone who can finish, is strong, good in the air. He could help goals come from midfield and score them himself.
      I think Tevez is great no doubt, but we don't need him, but it would be nice to have that option. What we need is a lone striker as cover for Torres.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #214: May 14, 2009 03:36:06 pm
      I think it's about principle, besides ther's better strikers out there for 30 million.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #215: May 14, 2009 11:04:44 pm
      Tevez did say something a long the lines of "not being a part of the United family".Interesting because if the word "family" has any significance  then I am guess he is referring to us since we have quite a number of Spanish players and his best pal --Masch!!

that is a massive factor if he does make the move to anfield....

he will settle in easily at the club

but for me he is a manc.... i kinda hate him along with other manc cu*ts.... will he turn to villain to hero? i dont think so.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #216: May 15, 2009 05:07:24 pm
      Breaking News: Carlos Tevez Announces He Is Joining Liverpool (Satire)-Do not take this seriously!)
      In a startling twist to the Carlos Tevez "he loves me, he loves me not saga," the man from Argentina has announced that he is joining what he calls "the true Reds" at the end of the season.

This news follows months (if the press are to be believed) of condescending treatment received by Tevez at Manchester United.

Kia Joorabchian, the Iranian-born suit who represents the group of investors that own the economic rights to Tevez, said that Liverpool, represented by their godfather Rafael Benitez, made an offer "I and my money-grubbing pals couldn't refuse."

The most relieved man to emerge from this saga is the man on the street, who before Tevez's move became official had been forced to endure weeks of the same old crappy headlines and motor-boating tactics used by the British media to make the public care.

Manchester United fans, on the other hand, when told that their talisman had decided to become the first Red Devil to switch to Merseyside in over 20 years, staged a sit-down protest outside Dimitar Berbatov's residence, holding placards saying "Go north!", "Why not you? Why Carlos?", and "Do you have any Bulgarian sausage available? We missed lunch."

Sir Alex Ferguson, who said last week that "the fans love a trier" and "that's the great thing about football—a lad who tries can be forgiven for a lot of things," was unavailable for comment.

Rumour has it that that Ferguson was busy stroking Cristiano Ronaldo's hair and whispering in his ear, "You are better looking than David." Ferguson's publicist, however, denies these allegations.

Rafael Benitez said about his latest acquisition: "Carlos is a very good player. He has the work rate of a hyperactive gopher, and this is what my team needs. He also speaks Spanish." When a reporter asked Benitez whether the team actually belonged to the fans, Benitez corrected himself by saying, "My and the shareholders' team."

Liverpool captain, and possible candidate for mayor, Steven Gerrard, who reportedly likes to be called "Stevie G" these days, was excited by Tevez's imminent arrival, telling an interviewer on Liverpool radio, "I'm excited by Tevez's imminent arrival."

With Manchester United's season not yet finished, Joorabchian said, "Carlos is still focused on winning the title and beating FC Messi in the Champions League final. He just needs to fit it all between travelling to Liverpool for his medical."

When asked about the transfer cost, Benitez referred the press to Liverpool's dynamic Yankee duo Tom Hicks and George Gillett. When the dual owners were contacted, their secretary said that the pair had gone away to the island of Papua New Guinea to try to rekindle their flagging relationship.

Some suspect that Liverpool have sold a percentage of the rights to their yet-to-be named new stadium to finance the move, considering how many parties are benefiting from the move. The London Stock Exchange noticed a 10 percent rise in Liverpool trading, stating that most of the action had originated from Indonesia.

Just something i found on the internet though quite funny!

paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #217: May 16, 2009 03:00:25 pm
      I wonder what all that was about today when he was subbed , looked like he was waving goodbye to me . Or was he just playing on the crowds emotions as a bargaining chip to use against Purple nose. Good player but £32m ?? dont think so.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #218: May 16, 2009 03:11:18 pm
      I think it might of just been part of his "act",or maybe he's decided that he's off this summer, attention seeker in my opinion. Haha!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #219: May 16, 2009 03:25:46 pm
      Hmm... sounds like he wants to F**k off.  On the pitch after being presented with the trophy.

Interview: 'Do you want to stay at Manchester United?'

Tevez: 'Very difficult...'(walks off)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #220: May 16, 2009 03:29:54 pm
      Someone's not happy and dare i say it, has been told he's off. Good signing but with that attitude, i dont know.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #221: May 16, 2009 03:32:51 pm
      Through all of this you have to ask yourself, If Rafa splashed the entire 32 million on him would you be content with the signing??? I'd say...NO.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #222: May 16, 2009 03:34:48 pm
      Heavens no. I dont think it'll be that much though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #223: May 16, 2009 03:35:40 pm
      Agree.  If United can't afford him then lets face it, neither can we.

Besides, seeing him celebrating United's win made me feel a bit sick.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #224: May 16, 2009 03:37:16 pm
      Heavens no. I dont think it'll be that much though.

What you think it will be? Anything over 25 million does seem to much to me though.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #225: May 16, 2009 03:37:51 pm

Anyone celebrating United's win makes me sick.

Tevez didn't look very pleased when he got taken off and even during the celebrations.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #226: May 16, 2009 03:40:49 pm
      I suppose wanting a regular game has a lot to do with his possible desire to leave them.

Let's face it, after the stumbling block of his price, he probably wont get a regular game here either will he?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #227: May 16, 2009 03:46:52 pm
      What you think it will be? Anything over 25 million does seem to much to me though.

I think somewhere between 20-25 million but depending on who is interested (Madrid, City etc.) wouldnt be surprised to see it reach 30 million. I dont think it'll happen though.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #228: May 16, 2009 05:20:55 pm
      can we not take him on loan? :D
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #229: May 16, 2009 05:21:36 pm

United already has 100M pounds (Hargreaves, Carrick, Nani, Anderson ect.) worth of talent on their bench, they don't need to blow more cash, not in this economy. On the other hand we have David N'gog coming off of the bench, I also like the prospect of Tevez on the left as Babels replacement. I think his skill combined with his versatility would make him worth it, Man U just spent too much money elsewhere and didn't prioritize properly.

Quick Reply