Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 111185 times
      lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #253: May 17, 2009 12:27:13 pm
      ____________Reina_______ __
      Arbeloa Carragher Agger Insua
      _Gerrard Mascherano Barry__
      ___Kuyt_ Torres___ tevez

Buying Tevez  could mean Alonso leaves.... that's a way to accomodate Tevez with Gerrard dropping back.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #254: May 17, 2009 12:40:40 pm
      Do NOT mess with Steven and Fernando. I think many are taking their partnership for granted here.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #255: May 17, 2009 12:45:11 pm
      selling Alonso to fund a move for Tevez.....id rather chop my cock off!do people not realise how important Alonso is to liverpool,without him we don't tick and have no fluidity!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #256: May 17, 2009 12:52:59 pm
      I dont want to sign anybody at the expense of Alonso. But if Tevez comes to play in Gerrards role and Gerrard takes Xabi's role is that something Rafa would consider ???.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #257: May 17, 2009 12:53:48 pm
      I dont want to sign anybody at the expense of Alonso. But if Tevez comes to play in Gerrards role and Gerrard takes Xabi's role is that something Rafa would consider ???.

No. Read the papers. The ones with quotes that is.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #258: May 17, 2009 02:35:34 pm
      selling Alonso to fund a move for Tevez.....id rather chop my cock off!do people not realise how important Alonso is to liverpool,without him we don't tick and have no fluidity!

I have to agree with you...selling Alonso is not worth an idea at all. Thought by having H&G could solve our financial woes but they added more. We are now at the brink of selling in order to buy. Thanks a lot H&G! Better sell Lucas.

BTW I can ask Bpatel to chop it off if you don't mind ;D!
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #259: May 17, 2009 02:43:59 pm
      BTW I can ask Bpatel to chop it off if you don't mind ;D!

Eh?? Why i am being involved in this?
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #260: May 17, 2009 02:48:07 pm
      Someone wants to chop his c**k off if Rafa sell Alonso...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #261: May 17, 2009 03:53:48 pm
      Rafa was just asked about Tevez and he didn't rule it out. Said he is looking for quality players in the summer, that case get Silva not the c**t Tevez.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #262: May 17, 2009 03:55:16 pm
      Rafa was just asked if he is interested in Tevez. He replied "I don't know. He's not our player so we just have concentrate on our next game."

I think we have a slight chance of getting him you know.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #263: May 17, 2009 05:42:43 pm
      I think we have a slight chance of getting him you know.

Especially if this is to be believed.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/101517/EXCLUSIVE-Rafa-hoping-to-Kop-Car

No reason why we can't have both Tevez and Silva at Anfield next season.

If the cowboys manage to secure re-financing of their debt and Rafa manages to sell off a few fringe players along with the money from runners-up spot he might have a healthy amount to splash.
      IwanttobeJohnBarnes
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Tevez for us?
      Reply #264: May 17, 2009 08:54:26 pm
      Just wondered what the broad sense of opinion was regarding Carlos Tevez, his seemingly inevitable departure from the dark side and him being linked with a switch to the Promised Land.

He's undoubtedly a top, top footballer and possibly ideal for us with his ability to play well from both starting and off the bench.
      He's not one of those 'I need 6-7 games to find my form' players ala Robbie Keane
      He would give Rafa good options with Stevie G playing up top or back in the middle
      He can provide quality when it seems lacking (as in January and February of this season) with Torres or Stevie G injured, or both.

Talk Sport were talking about his possible switch to us and they reckoned Big Red Nose would put a stop to it, just like he managed with Heinze (so much for European law there), but Tevez is only a loan player so it's F**k all to do with him.

My head is saying 'Love to have him', and it would really piss off every single dirty manc
      But my heart says 'No Manc's at Anfield'

Maybe if we do get him and he helps us get the Holy Grail, my head will tell my heart to shut up.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Tevez for us?
      Reply #265: May 17, 2009 08:55:45 pm
      Wrong place for this mate, there's a thread for transfer speculation surrounding Tevez in the 'Summer Transfer Board'.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #266: May 17, 2009 11:27:44 pm
      Buy,Buy Tevez
      LIVERPOOL are confident of gatecrashing Manchester United's title party by snatching Carlos Tevez in a stunning £22million raid.

In what promises to be the biggest transfer coup of the summer, Kop boss Rafa Benitez has decided to make signing the Old Trafford idol his top priority.

He will make the offer for the Argentine striker after this month's Champions League final.

Benitez has already earmarked Liverpool's No 10 shirt for the South American and alerted the player's representatives of his determination to make a deal happen.

Now Tevez is willing to snub overtures from across Europe - and a £135,000-a-week offer from Manchester City - to become the first player to make the sensational move direct from Old Trafford to Anfield in 45 years.

Benitez's confidence he will land the striker grew after Tevez's announced his intention to quit United in last week's Sport of the World exclusive.

Liverpool have put a transfer strategy in place which relies on the £18m sale of Xabi Alonso and the release of up to 10 other squad players, raising the necessary funds to pay for 25-year-old Tevez.

Benitez wasn't originally in the market for a striker this summer, but the opportunity to steal Tevez from under the nose of Sir Alex Ferguson has been too much to resist.

Rafa is still smarting from Fergie's refusal to allow Gabriel Heinze a Kop move two years and wants to ram the United boss's claim he'd never let a top player join Liverpool down his neck.

Most importantly, he sees Tevez as a world class addition to his emerging squad, with Gareth Barry also joining from Aston Villa to add a formidable array of talent at Anfield.

Although the frontline partnership between Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres has been an electrifying success for the Merseysiders, Rafa doesn't want to pay the price for more injury woes to his hitmen next season.

He believes Torres' hamstring problems cost Liverpool the vital points which would have won the title. And there are concerns about the large amount of football the striker has missed recently.

Benitez is currently headhunting a replacement physio to join his backroom team next season, with particular focus on protecting his Spanish superstar from further muscle problems.

He sees an attacking trio of Tevez and Torres, with the versatile Gerrard rotating between forward and midfield roles, as the winning formula for a renewed title assault.

The capture of Tevez will also reassure Kop fans disturbed by the prospect of losing the popular Alonso.

Alonso has said he'd rather stay on Merseyside, but privately his relationship with manager has been strained since last summer. He's set to snub a mega-offer of his own from Manchester City in order to join Real Madrid.

It was thought Alonso was being forced out to make way for Aston Villa's Barry, but it's now clear Benitez wants Tevez and Barry as he reshapes his side.

Liverpool were hopeful of offloading former Real Sociedad star Alonso to Manchester City after learning that Mark Hughes was ready to pay £18m.

But the midfielder, 27, whose wife gave birth to their first son just over a year ago, would need to have been persuaded to make the move and sacrifice Champions League football.

A source close to Alonso said: "If he was given the choice he would join Real Madrid and they are definitely very interested in signing him."

He has three years left on the five-year deal he signed in the summer of 2007 and Real would be willing to pay Liverpool around £15m.

Benitez was willing to listen to offers for the player last summer but his failure to land Barry meant they had to turn down an enquiry from Arsenal. Alonso was also strongly linked with a move to Juventus.

Tevez's desire to move to Liverpool will stun Fergie and the Old Trafford faithful, but the lure of joining his friend Javier Mascherano in a side where he'll be first choice will be hard to resist.

Liverpool fit the bill for the striker because he won't have to move home and is also assured Champions League football and a title challenge next season.

The irony won't be lost on both United and Liverpool fans that it is Tevez's performances in the last month which have gone a long way to keeping the title at Old Trafford for another year. But that has not put off Benitez, who thinks Tevez has recently proved Fergie has made a mistake not securing the player on a permanent deal.

The north-west rivals have notoriously refused to do business with each other over five decades of power-shifting success.

Paul Ince played for both club's in the 1990s, but joined Liverpool after a stint at Inter Milan. The last player to move directly from United to Liverpool was Phil Chisnall, signed by Bill Shankly in 1964.

Liverpool's pursuit of Tevez will see the battle lines between Rafa and Fergie drawn earlier than ever over the summer.

On the day United equalled Liverpool's record of 18 titles, Benitez was preparing to fire the first bullets in next season's war of words between the managers.

Tevez exclusively revealed he plans to quit Old Trafford but stay in England in the News of the World last week.

He told us: "It's not true I want to leave England for Spain. My four-year-old daughter Florencia is learning English and my wife is very happy living in England.

"We want to stay. I want to play in England because it is the best league in the world and it suits my style."
      http://liverpoolfc.co.za/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/565100322

Such a shame this is a story from Bascombe, so I'll take it as a load of bollocks then!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #267: May 17, 2009 11:36:02 pm
      How many times, we need to keep alonso.

if tevez was to come and we had to sell somebody im sorry but it has to be kuyt in my book as he is the same type of player as tevez. + we would get a good fee for him and keep our player of the season
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #268: May 17, 2009 11:37:09 pm
      I don't want tevez. I want good players. And we buy enough strikers who don't score all that many goals for 10 million, never mind 22!! Spend the money elsewhere. Get flair in the midfield FFS
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #269: May 17, 2009 11:52:14 pm
      How many times, we need to keep alonso.

if tevez was to come and we had to sell somebody im sorry but it has to be kuyt in my book as he is the same type of player as tevez. + we would get a good fee for him and keep our player of the season

I agree that it should be either Kuyt or Tevez and not both, but for me, Kuyt just fits into our team so well and i think he's a real key player now so i hope we don't spend that ridiculous sum of money on Tevez.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #270: May 18, 2009 01:01:10 am
      Id rather keep Xabi than get Tevez any day. Why sacrafice a player who has proven himself to be fantastic for us for a player that could be fantastic for us ?? It doesn't make sense!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #271: May 18, 2009 07:06:04 am
      That won't happen 'cos rafa' loves kuyt like if he was his son.
      I would sell Babel + some others to get the money to but silva & tevez.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #272: May 18, 2009 07:46:30 am
      That story is just poor reporting. Alonso is going nowhere.

Jesus. Some people are absolutely brain dead.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #273: May 18, 2009 09:53:20 am
      The problem is to get enough cover for Torres upfront not tampering with our midfield . I think based on the fact Benitez hasnt denounced interest in the player goes a long way. It's obvious there is an significant interest in Tevez. But no way is that at the expense at our midfield maestro Xabi Alonso. We will be offloading player, yes, but not the core of our midfield!

Someone made mention of the pricing of 22mil to 25 and the comparison of Tevez and Nando. Here's the thing, back in Spain Nando was known as a scorer of beautiful goals as oppose to prolific goal scorer. He was a starter and average a midrange of goals per season. Tevez on the other hand is a scorer of very ugly goals, but amounting to beautiful returns. He is adept in going forward; and is a versatile playerI cant see him not fitting in on the wing. He also seems to play very well deep on in the season and a scorer of vital goals, lend our memories to West Ham, last season with Mancs and even this one. Tevez in a dynanic, aggresive and demanding game has certainly shown his worth. Note I am not saying he's a better player in no possible way! I am just showing his worth and doubt as you may, he would be an excellent addition. Frankly if he wasn't a Manc we would be pushing this more than ever and speaking of his quality.

If Rafa can see past him being a Manc that wants to leave, why cant we?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #274: May 18, 2009 10:14:26 am
      I would not mind Tevez coming to us just to really piss that scottish c**t off. Plus he ain't half bad.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #275: May 18, 2009 10:31:22 am
      I don't want tevez. I want good players. And we buy enough strikers who don't score all that many goals for 10 million, never mind 22!! Spend the money elsewhere. Get flair in the midfield FFS
      Our Midfield is pretty much perfect mate!

We got Benayoun who is brilliant now, Kuyt, Gerrard, Riera, Babel (when on form), Xabi, Masch, Lucas, Plessis.
      The only addition I'd like to see to that would be David Silva

Up front we've got
      Torres, Kuyt, Babel (again when on form), Ngog, Nemeth, Pacheco, now I think that all of them will be good, Torres and Kuyt already are, but Rafa likes Kuyt out wide, Babel will reach his potential-eventually and the other 3 haven't got experience, Tevez is proven in the league and has experience and dare I say if the Wancs hadn't of had Tevez then they wouldn't of finished in the top 2.

Quick Reply