Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 111137 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)
      Reply #782: Jul 12, 2011 10:09:26 am
      Rumours becoming very strong that he is coming back to Brazil. :f_doh:

Yes, apparently his agent has confirmed that they are talking with Corinthians.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #783: Jul 12, 2011 09:07:38 pm
      A reported £35million bid.

I reckon City should look at a swap deal with Santos for Neymar.
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #784: Jul 12, 2011 09:12:27 pm
      Nah, it fell trough, apparently. City rejected the 35m offer and Corinthians president said they will not increase the offer. I wonder what happens next.  ???
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #785: Jul 12, 2011 10:03:58 pm
      In all honesty I can't really believe Corinthians made a £35M bid for the player... It's around R$88M, quite certainly the majority of Corinthians' television revenues, and it's not like if they're in brilliant financial situation, even though they've won a lot of money from marketing after Ronaldo signed for them and would probably expect the same with Tevez, who is a world class player and already have a history with them. Anyway, as I said, can't believe it myself.

edit: Ok, just seen on Globo Esporte that apparently Corinthians confirmed they've made a R$90M offer. :o Corinthians will make R$110M a year from their new tv contract with Globo. I'm shocked to see a Brazilian club making such a huge offer.

Still finding it difficult to believe.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,220 posts | 1222 
      Reply #786: Jul 12, 2011 10:23:57 pm
      How the fook can they afford £35m? I was under the impression that Brazilian football was in a very uncertain financial state with Corinthians being one of those particularly affected.
      « Last Edit: Jul 12, 2011 10:39:14 pm by -LFC- »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #787: Jul 12, 2011 10:36:20 pm
      Brazilian football has just changed from a system of collective negotiation for television revenues to individual negotiation - each club can now negotiate with any tv channel they want and try to maximize their own revenues. As a result, best supported clubs (such as Flamengo and Corinthians, respectively 1st and 2nd in terms of the size of the fan base) got the better deals, and an increase in the gap between the bigger clubs and the smaller ones is to be expected in the following years, in terms of revenue.

That said, I'm still shocked that they can afford such an expensive transfer, as Brazilian clubs in general are operating in big debts. Last time they bought Tevez (from Boca), it was thanks to the highly dubious MSI and Kia Joorabchian 'ownership'. From the little I read about it so far, I see they expect a huge return in terms of marketing and merchandising (following their recent successful experience with Ronaldo), so that not so much of their revenue would be compromised.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #788: Jul 12, 2011 10:42:42 pm
      Ok, now I see the headline "Flamengo could join the battle for Tevez. A director says: 'Why not?'" (or words to that effect). This is getting silly! :lmao:
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #789: Jul 13, 2011 12:28:22 am
      Manchester City reject £35m bid for Carlos Tevez from Corinthians

Manchester City have rejected a £35m bid from Brazilian side Corinthians for Carlos Tevez.

Corinthians hope to bring the 27-year-old back to the club where he enjoyed success from 2004-2006 and made their move after Tevez revealed he wanted to leave City for family reasons.

But City turned down the 40m Euro offer on Tuesday.

Corinthians will now need to increase their bid if they are to persuade the Eastlands outfit to sell the striker.

BBC Sport understands that City will step up their pursuit of Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero once Tevez's future has been settled after opening dialogue with the La Liga side about the Argentina striker.

City boss Roberto Mancini is an admirer of the 23-year-old but City will not move to progress any deal until Tevez's next move has been decided to avoid a stockpile of strikers at Eastlands.

Atletico are expected to demand £45m for Aguero, leaving City with the option of funding a transfer with the money brought in from the potential sale of Tevez.

City also retain a strong interest in Samir Nasri and are ready to head the list of suitors should they be given any encouragement by Arsenal that a deal can be done.

City are in no mood to rush into any decision on Tevez until their asking price is met, believing they are in a powerful position to decide when any deal is done as he remains on a highly-lucrative, long-term deal.

However, the transfer window shuts in Brazil on 20 July, so there is limited time to negotiate with Corinthians.

"It is a big deal and a tough deal, because it is one of a very big nature and it might not be simple," Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian told Sky Sports News.

Tevez 's contract is understood to be worth in excess of £200,000-a-week and it remains to be seen if the Brazilian club will match those lucrative terms.

Tevez has been linked with a transfer to several of Europe's top clubs since announcing his desire to leave, including Italian side Inter Milan, who subsequently ruled out a move for the forward.

It initially seemed a fanciful prospect that Tevez would be able to move to South America, as no club was believed to have the financial clout to sign him from City.

However, it is thought the massive transfer fee, almost treble the club record of £13.7m that Corinthians paid to bring him to the Brazilian club in 2004, would be funded through sponsorship and money from TV rights.

"Brazil's economy is booming and there is a new TV deal which is going to get the Brazilian clubs a lot more money on the table for them," said BBC South America football correspondent Tim Vickery.

"Tevez did very well for Corinthians in 2005 - he helped the club to the Brazilian championship - before he moved to England the following year. It would be closer to his daughters in Buenos Aires and so I think we have to say that this is a possibility."

Tevez handed in a transfer request at Eastlands in December 2010 but later withdrew it.

He struggled for form towards the end of last season but still finished level with Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov as leading scorer in the Premier League as City finished third.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14117887.stm

City are missing a trick here, they should sell to Corinthians, or whoever else is meant to be in for him and avoid having to let him go to a 'rival' abroad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #790: Jul 13, 2011 01:07:03 am
      Corinthians offering 20 - 25 percent of their Television Money for the next four years
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #791: Jul 13, 2011 02:10:39 am
      Well they cant mess around with the South American teams..They only have what 9 days left in their transfer window..
      You just know the sale of Tevez is going to finance the Augero deal..
      I think they are going to try and hang on till Augero is finished with the Copa America and see where he wants to go.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #792: Jul 18, 2011 07:42:03 am
      City have accdepted a bid for Carlos Tevez from Conrinthians according to SSN
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #793: Jul 18, 2011 10:33:16 am
      If the deal to Corinthians goes through, I wonder how long it will be before Tevez starts with his 'it's really difficult to be a foreigner in Brazil' routine like the last time.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #794: Jul 18, 2011 03:43:19 pm
      This guy's never gonna be happy wherever he plays by the looks of it
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #795: Jul 18, 2011 03:44:29 pm

Big loss for shity.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #796: Jul 18, 2011 05:36:00 pm
      List of demands...

Pick him up now.

Pay for your own flights.

Pay for his kids to be moved to Brazil.

Warning: I have no idea what the list of demands are.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #797: Jul 18, 2011 06:15:00 pm
      A true sh*te-hawk.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #798: Jul 18, 2011 08:33:50 pm
      Besides the fact he irritates the hell out of me with his lack of loyalty but will be glad not to see his ugly mug in the Premiership anymore!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #799: Jul 18, 2011 09:10:08 pm
      Hope to F**k he goes. Can't stand him!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #800: Jul 18, 2011 09:12:21 pm
      Unbelievable the way this saga has gone.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #801: Jul 18, 2011 11:03:30 pm
      3 clubs he's had in England, and he's fu**ed them all off.

Lucky escape that we did not get him, not that we had any chance.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #802: Jul 19, 2011 01:56:25 am
      Bye, bye, Carlos

I hope he leave EPL for good.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #803: Jul 20, 2011 06:35:49 am
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #804: Jul 20, 2011 06:45:50 am
      The lad will end up in Madrid, put money on it! He was using Missing home as an excuse IMO and because their transfer window is now closed he will push through a move to Madrid as he knows City will sell for £40m.

His family will go with him and after 2/3 years he won't feel the same in Madrid and will go to Italy. Then aged 30+ will finally go back to Argentina.

He ISA journeyman. No loyalty of class.

Quick Reply