Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110434 times
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #69: Apr 24, 2009 10:41:12 pm
      Cant we get a discount as we have already purchased Masch from the agent Kia? :P
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #70: Apr 24, 2009 11:58:17 pm
      would be a good signing hes got a hell of a shot and work rate is phenomanal

but not worth 30mill with our budget
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #71: Apr 25, 2009 04:09:27 am
      our beloved custodians sat together at the Arsenal game grinning like a couple of ravers at Quadrant park :o that may be a possibility,

The way they've carried themselves mate, I wouldn't be surprised if they've had a good few doves up in the Drome as well! It wouldn't turn my head if MC Cyanide is actually their financial adviser...

As for Tevez. He's too predictable these days. I used to think he was a player who could really cause damage. But it's been proven that defenders can cope with him in the league. He's got good feet but runs into walls.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #72: Apr 25, 2009 05:54:58 am
      I dont know about this really. I have been influenced by the manc friends of mine to think that Tevez is piss poor. Well they are having too high expectations isn't it? They go like.

'Oh, Vidic, world class. Ferdinand, world class. Skrtel? Just okay. VDS and Reina are same. Evra? Fantastic player going forward in attack, and its frustrating to see people saying hes made to look good in united! Rafael? Our future star. Carrick? Underrated. Nani? Sucks. Ronaldo? Fantastic player scores 42 goals per season. Rooney? Best player on the planet.'

Fuckers pissing me off as if we are made to look so poor and as if they have the best players on the planet! FFS. Glory hunters all over again, but they deny themselves to be one and even point a finger at other manc fans. Classic isnt it. Mancs fans are like that. Piss poor attitude and just in denial.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #73: Apr 25, 2009 05:25:57 pm
      36M? Get Real.

He's a very good player, and works very hard for the team, but more than twice than we got Masch for, 14M more than Torres? No thanks. 36M could buy us 2 top class strikers.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #74: Apr 25, 2009 10:31:45 pm
      Why do we want their players when we all know that they will never sell any player to us.(remember heinze)
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #75: Apr 25, 2009 10:42:02 pm
      Why do we want their players when we all know that they will never sell any player to us.(remember heinze)

With Tevez it is different. It is not up to United on where he goes as he is not their player. He is on loan to them and is owned by this agent called Kia who is the same agent as Masch.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #76: Apr 26, 2009 08:00:28 am
      With Tevez it is different. It is not up to United on where he goes as he is not their player. He is on loan to them and is owned by this agent called Kia who is the same agent as Masch.

But we actually own Masch, right?

And yeah, Fergie can't do anything about it if we want Tevez. I don't want him for 36 Million, maybe for 20.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #77: Apr 26, 2009 09:56:53 am
      Investment, It's what we cry out for, investment in players and the new stadium. Tevez is the type of player that would suit us, he's hard working and he is quality, the sort of quality that Torres would relish playing with, we could then free up Gerrard to his favourite position in midfield, a free role behind the front two to link it all together. I hope he comes here, 30mill may be steep for any club, but sometimes you have to spend to get the right man, maybe this is one of those times....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #78: Apr 26, 2009 11:26:47 pm
      Rather David Silva. Cheaper too. To get him on loan would cost probably well into an 8 figure sum (Tevez that is).
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #79: Apr 26, 2009 11:28:58 pm
      But we actually own Masch, right?

And yeah, Fergie can't do anything about it if we want Tevez. I don't want him for 36 Million, maybe for 20.

Yea we do own him. I still think Tevez for 20mill would be a bit steep tbh
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #80: Apr 27, 2009 08:07:54 am
      There was a poll asking for which mancs player you would like to see in reds shirt.  No. 1 came Ronaldo but I voted for Tevez.  I think the price is too high for Tevez.  I think we need to venture in his mind and see if he really wants to join LFC since playing for Mancs.  Must be brainwashed by now not to join LFC and Fergie would probably sell him to another club even if LFC offered more money.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #81: Apr 27, 2009 08:18:14 am
      There was a poll asking for which mancs player you would like to see in reds shirt.  No. 1 came Ronaldo but I voted for Tevez.  I think the price is too high for Tevez.  I think we need to venture in his mind and see if he really wants to join LFC since playing for Mancs.  Must be brainwashed by now not to join LFC and Fergie would probably sell him to another club even if LFC offered more money.

Where was this poll, and why in god's name would a Liverpool fan want that diving tosser here?

And Ferguson has no say in where he is going. He's not United's player, he's owned by the same guy who used to own Mascherano.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #82: Apr 27, 2009 11:58:13 am
      If you want a diver, then go to the aquatic centre. There you'll see loads of divers. Don't want him here. Useless diving p***k!
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #83: Apr 27, 2009 07:22:47 pm
      honestly, i would take tevez happily off their hands, the amount of enthusiasm and work he puts in (when given the opportunity) is brilliant. Finishing isn't fantastic, but isn't poor by any means. Has some flair, i think could play very well off Torres or up with him and/or stevie.

He may atm be a manc, but given the opportunity of having him, i wouldn't be able to say no. This is my perosnal opinion mind.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #84: Apr 27, 2009 08:16:06 pm
      honestly, i would take tevez happily off their hands, the amount of enthusiasm and work he puts in (when given the opportunity) is brilliant. Finishing isn't fantastic, but isn't poor by any means. Has some flair, i think could play very well off Torres or up with him and/or stevie.

He may atm be a manc, but given the opportunity of having him, i wouldn't be able to say no. This is my perosnal opinion mind.

He is alot like Mascherano in that respect. He works hard for the team and gives everything he has for the cause. A real team player, but 36 Million....

I wouldn't pay that much for Messi.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #85: Apr 27, 2009 08:24:38 pm
      I don't think he would cost as much as that, we have the sort of team Tevez would thrive in so from that aspect who knows what could happen. 

We need investment and if its brought to the club we to may be able to compete, Ferguson's big nightmare...
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #86: Apr 28, 2009 08:26:37 am
      I don't think he would cost as much as that, we have the sort of team Tevez would thrive in so from that aspect who knows what could happen. 

We need investment and if its brought to the club we to may be able to compete, Ferguson's big nightmare...

His owners want 36 Million. I doubt it's negotiable as there are teams like City who'll pay that much for him, Real Madrid and the like.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #87: Apr 28, 2009 02:36:01 pm
      Eem,

The poll was a few months back.  I think it was in the offical LFC site.  Yeah was surprised to see Ronaldo leading the list even if he is the world player of the year.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #88: Apr 30, 2009 08:51:22 am
      He is alot like Mascherano in that respect. He works hard for the team and gives everything he has for the cause. A real team player, but 36 Million....

I wouldn't pay that much for Messi.

If someone offered Messi for 50 million i'd think, 'Gimme gimme gimme!!!' 36 million for Mess is a steal.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #89: Apr 30, 2009 08:05:06 pm
      If someone offered Messi for 50 million i'd think, 'Gimme gimme gimme!!!' 36 million for Mess is a steal.

Well you know what I mean. I was clearly over exaggerating.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #90: May 03, 2009 01:39:03 am
      I would happily take Tevez in the morning. He is one of those players who never gives up and is a true battle and a quality footballer that would fit right into the side. I don't want to get too excited though cause i can see him signing for United.
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #91: May 03, 2009 01:06:48 pm
      I have no doubt that Tevez would be happy to join us, but I very much doubt that a deal like this would happen straight from manchester. The price tag is just ridiculous and do we really need Tevez??

Quick Reply