Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110437 times
      gman08
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #115: May 10, 2009 12:47:30 pm
      he should sign for us. but i'll pay 20 million tops. nothing more
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #116: May 10, 2009 12:51:52 pm
      If we can't afford him for now I wonder would a loan deal be available like the one we had for Mascherano or the one Utd had for him.
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #117: May 10, 2009 01:23:35 pm
      hmmmm Getting Tevez would be a great addition, but I just hope we have enough money to bring him in, which I seriously doubt. Benitez already has said that he has to sell to buy, and I'm sure he's got his targets ready in his head... This tevez is new to him and it might not be in Rafa's plans, he might not even make a bid for him to be honest ;D....

Would LOVE him at Liverpool... Masch and Tevez would make liverpool a tougher team to crack, both crazy argies ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #118: May 10, 2009 01:29:45 pm
      He misses too many chances for a £30 million player.

It's really as simple as that in my view.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #119: May 10, 2009 06:04:11 pm
      Carlos Tevez says 'goodbye' as he prepares to leave Manchester United

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez said he expects to leave the club at the end of the season because he is not wanted at Old Trafford. The Argentine's loan period expires at the end of the campaign and the striker has grown frustrated at starting many games on the substitutes' bench.

"I don't think I will be a Manchester United player next season," Tevez told the News of the World. "I do not feel wanted. I feel bad over my situation. I do, but it's very, very difficult to stay any longer. I guess what I'm saying is goodbye."

Tevez, who joined United from West Ham in 2007, scored 19 goals in 39 appearances for United as they won the Premier League and Champions League last season. Despite making 32 appearances and netting 13 times so far in this campaign, Tevez said United had made no offer to make his loan deal permanent.

"I have done everything I possibly can but they have never made me an offer or given me a contract so I have to leave. I don't think I deserve to be in this position but you realise if your time is up you have to go," he added.

"The fans treat me like family, but United have not signed me so they do not respect me as a footballer." Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian's company MSI own Tevez's registration.

Good news Tevez fans. He wants out, and he wants to stay in England. If he had a choice, I think he'd say Liverpool, his best mate plays here.

Disgraceful.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #120: May 10, 2009 09:31:34 pm

Took it from the Guardian. Sorry.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #121: May 10, 2009 09:47:59 pm
      From the way Tevez is standing it looks like he is about to break into song....

"I'm a little teapot...."

:D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #122: May 10, 2009 10:06:43 pm
      He was utd best player again today, wouldn't it be brilliant to sign him just to see the face on old whisky face, he failed to quench rumours about Tevez future when asked today after the game.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #123: May 10, 2009 11:50:10 pm
      hmmm 20m ok... but more....? No.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #124: May 11, 2009 12:00:10 am
      didnt we sign keane for 20mill, tevez is much better
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #125: May 11, 2009 12:02:15 am
      didnt we sign keane for 20mill, tevez is much better

I think alot of players are better than the invisable keane... :D
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #126: May 11, 2009 09:15:44 am
      IMO he's someone we should aim to definitely get and I would go up to 30m to get him. Honestly think he's the player we're looking for.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #127: May 11, 2009 10:44:46 am
      I think he would add so much to our team. He works hard and gets rewards for it. 25mil I think would be a great buy. Against weaker teams a 4-4-2 with him and Torres up front, Stevie back in the midfield and either Masch/Alonso/Kuyt rested for those games, we will break teams down easily. He gives options to all the other players to come through and score as well as netting plenty himself. Very good player IMO
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #128: May 11, 2009 11:40:23 am
      All hands are after him!
      That means the price is only going one way, UP!
      He is deffo worth no more than £20 - 22 mill.
      Can see him goin for an awful lot more, especially if City get involved!
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #129: May 11, 2009 05:22:16 pm
      It would be great for us to sign him but we'd probably baulk at the inflated price.

Next best thing would be for him to join City and stick it right up Whiskey Nose.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #130: May 11, 2009 05:25:06 pm
      Very energetic player Tevez, would like to see him at Anfield but wouldnt know how would he fit. Would be at a price in excess of 30 million pounds I reckon and that wouldnt be too favourable for us. Tevez said his goodbye, linked himself to us, and Tevez is the kind of player that Rafa likes, oh well, if only Tevez can play on the left wing.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #131: May 11, 2009 05:26:02 pm
      There has been similarities drawn between Kuyt and Tevez which are true and they IMO are similar, but the difference in basic terms is that Kuyt is the poor man version of Tevez.  I hope we can get him as it will dramatically improve our team.  Yes, he hasn't done well at Man utd, but that is self explanitory as he has been used as a squad player and hasn't been given a fair crack. 

People talk about the price of 30m or 36m, but hey how long can that fellar keep him as his asset.  As he has been his player for atleast 4 years thats 3 years in the prem and one year with a Brazillian team.  Surely, there has to be some intervention by the authorities, he just can't be loaned out again to try and get a big sum.   The thing is he has been a squad player at Utd and that has definitely depreciated his value.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #132: May 11, 2009 05:50:58 pm
      Agree with you KingKenny I think he is more like Kuyt than Keane, Like Kuyt he is an unbelievable hard worker, he runs all day, that is why he is so loved by Utd fans, he has a better touch and keeps better possession than Kuyt but Kuyt gets more goals, I think he would be a welcome addition to the squad, i know people would say where would he play but when you look at the stats this year Gerrard and Torres were only fit to play in 12 premiership games. It would be a waste if he were to sign for City or Spurs. Unlike other players being linked as well he is proven in the Premiership which is a massive plus.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #133: May 11, 2009 05:53:27 pm
      i would only get Tevez(or a player simlar to him) when Kuyt is too old. Kuyt is 29 now. Tevez only like 24/25. Kuyt is ALMOST good as Tevez is,IMO. And i like Kuyt a lot!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #134: May 11, 2009 07:11:08 pm
      Carlos Tevez isn’t a scum yet when he signs on the dotted line then I for one will not praise his abilities.  But until then he is a very good player and will be a very good addition to our first team.  Tevez is a distant second in the utd team as he plays mainly behind the striker or on the right and in both positions he is second to Rooney or Ronaldo and being similar player to Rooney which is a Utd player doesn’t help too.  If Ronaldo slips out of their team then Tevez won’t be sold or let say desperate measures will be taken to tie up the deal.  But as thing stand they don’t have much appreciations for his services.  If Tevez shows urgency in the summer we could see both of them leave with Ronaldo being a long slow death.

How much is Tevez worth well like I have mentioned before in my subjective opinion he is worth £20m + - 20%.  I would say even upto £25m.  The thing is shrewd dealings are very important for us in our current situation against our money rich rivals.  But successful signing are hard to establish.  Mascherano is an anchor man, but not many fans that have an IQ level above 10 think he was expensive at £17m.  Tevez is an attacking and has played in the Premiership and is still young and is a Rafa type player.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #135: May 11, 2009 08:45:00 pm
      Tevez is a hard working player ,runs all the match ( bit like Kuyt ) I think if he was signed then his partnership with Masch would be incredible ,both have the skills and ability ,both are clever players , I do think he will be too expensive because old whisky nose will put a stupid figure on him ...for spite ! shame really because he will probably go to chelski or city ...and never win anything ! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #136: May 11, 2009 08:45:57 pm
      Tevez is a hard working player ,runs all the match ( bit like Kuyt ) i think if he was signed then his partnership with Masch would be incredible ,both have the skills and ability ,both are clever players , i do think he will be too expensive because old whisky nose will put a stupid figure on him ...for spite ! shame really because he will probably go to chelski or city ...and never win anything !
      Old whiskey nose has no say in the figure
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #137: May 11, 2009 10:03:04 pm
      I like Tevez, and from the previous posts, most of us admire his work ethic on the field. He never stops running. I'm surprised that Man Utd are not showing interest in re-signing him. Is he a problem in the locker room with Utd? If so, we don't need him then.

Quick Reply