Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Hull City v Liverpool - pre match thread

Read 19964 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Hull City v Liverpool - pre match thread
      Reply #69: Apr 24, 2009 06:42:22 pm
      I was thinking we could rest (not rotate  ;) ) some players here.

Reina

Arbeloa   Skrtel/Agger   Hyypia   Insua

Kuyt    Mashcerano     Alonso      Riera

Babel/N'Gog  Torres

These are not big changes, but some fresh legs considering the physically and mentally draining last match we had.

Carra looks a little bit tired to me and Hyypia would be of good advantage with set pieces.
      Riera and Insua link up well in my view. We can rest Yossi and bring in Babel/N'Gog to give us more height.

Babel/N'Gog up front with Torres is never likely to happen, not right now anyway.

If Gerrard isn't fit then I expect either 4231 with Benayoun playing the 'Gerrard role' or a 442, Kuyt partnering Torres up top. Personally I think Benayoun has shone playing just in behind Torres and Kuyt looks better now on the right hand side, it was notable against Arsenal that they were both more comfortable in those positions after they had swapped with each other.

If Gerrard isn't fit:

Reina

Arbeloa Skrtel Carragher Insua

Kuyt Alonso Mascherano Riera

Benayoun

Torres
      Mr L.Garcia
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #70: Apr 24, 2009 07:10:59 pm
      Taken from Sky Sports website

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of Saturday's vital clash at Hull City through injury.

Gerrard is still struggling with the groin injury which has ruled him out since the first leg of the UEFA Champions League defeat to Chelsea earlier this month.

The midfield dynamo was an unused substitute in the 4-0 win over Blackburn and failed to figure in the two 4-4 draws with Chelsea and Arsenal.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has admitted the trip to Hull has come too early for Gerrard, but is confident the England international will be back for the home clash with Newcastle on May 3rd.

"He is not fit and won't be available. I think he will be available next week because he's improving, but this game is too soon," Benitez told the club's official website.

"The rest of the team is available - we have a full squad."

I'm not surprised the way he was sat on Tuesday.    :lmao:
      Not a problem though it's only Hull and if we can put 4 past the other "big" sides, let me put it this way I think it'll be a walk in the park.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #71: Apr 24, 2009 09:58:56 pm
      Yeah, again, we don't need him.

As you said mate, we've put 4 in against some top clubs recently without him.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #72: Apr 24, 2009 10:21:59 pm
      We would like to see Stevie on the pitch tomorrow but realisitically Benny has been playing well and let Stevie and return strong in the next games. Tomorrow we should see a profressional performance from the Redmen. I rather see a 0-1 than 1-4...... a clean sheet is needed for our teams confidence and most importantly a win. Hull gave us a game 4 months ago but lets take a early goal, settle down and then take it from there. 3 points is minimum...... lets win and go back on top and lay the the pressure on mancs

4-2-3-1
      .................reina.. ................
      Arby....Skrtel....Carra. ...Insua
      ...........Masch.....Alo nso........
      Kuyt...........Benny.... ..Babel
      .................Torres. ..............
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #73: Apr 24, 2009 10:37:59 pm
                          REINA
      ARBY    CARRA     AGGER    INSUA

ALONSO
      BABEL/KUYT                       RIERA
                          YOSSI

KUYT/BABEL  NANDO

thats just my opinion on a line up that he may go for.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #74: Apr 24, 2009 10:52:19 pm
                          REINA
      ARBY    CARRA     AGGER    INSUA

ALONSO
      BABEL/KUYT                       RIERA
                          YOSSI

KUYT/BABEL  NANDO

thats just my opinion on a line up that he may go for.

I did think of that formation mate as Hull are only really dangerious at set pieces so we could get away with playing one holding player in Alonso.

Good line up but would have Babel on the right and Kuyt up with Nando
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #75: Apr 24, 2009 11:02:40 pm
      350/1 FOR ANOTHER 4-4
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #76: Apr 24, 2009 11:05:17 pm
      It's a conspiracy. Has there been any suspect betting patterns on the amount of scousers having heart attacks between 3pm and 5pm tomorrow?
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #77: Apr 24, 2009 11:48:22 pm
      We are gonna cruise this one out. I could see an easy 6 goals here. Hat-trick from Naldo and Babel finally coming good, Benyoun slipping his way through the defence causing much havoc and space for Xabi to exploit. Rafa showed of us it All or Nothing, If the times get rough in this game. We could see that mentality implemented again, but this should be easer it is on paper.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #78: Apr 24, 2009 11:56:12 pm
      We are gonna cruise this one out. I could see an easy 6 goals here. Hat-trick from Naldo and Babel finally coming good, Benyoun slipping his way through the defence causing much havoc and space for Xabi to exploit. Rafa showed of us it All or Nothing, If the times get rough in this game. We could see that mentality implemented again, but this should be easer it is on paper.

was in the bookies earlier.... nando 12/1 for a hat trick ... we should win this bu id take a 0-1 nw
      rieras-left-foot
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #79: Apr 25, 2009 12:03:51 am

I wouldnt put moneyo n that because i cant see hull playing attacking footbal land putting 4 past us, i think they might put everybody behind the ball liek they did at anfield but thats no problem the way were apying, we can open the up =] 3 - 0 y prediction, either Torres hat trick or 2 Torres goals and a Yossi goal =D
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #80: Apr 25, 2009 12:07:24 am
      i can see us hitting 5 tommorow

come on you reds
      rieras-left-foot
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #81: Apr 25, 2009 12:20:44 am
      i wonder what the odd's are of putting 5 past them ? the way we've been playing id say there great odds to be honest :)
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #82: Apr 25, 2009 12:28:25 am
      0-5  33/1  William Hill
      0-4  14/1
      rieras-left-foot
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #83: Apr 25, 2009 12:34:22 am
      hmm not bad then =]
      CupidStunt
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -3 
      Reply #84: Apr 25, 2009 12:38:55 am
      I wonder what the odd's are of putting 5 past them ? the way we've been playing id say there great odds to be honest :)

Hate to sound this way, but what are the odds of us letting a few in with our confidence at the back.  I hope the defence show some resilience, keep a clean sheet and not cave in under the pressure.  They are under the spotlight and are liable to make a few mistakes.  I desperately hope this isn't the case, but I've got a horrible feeling.
      rieras-left-foot
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #85: Apr 25, 2009 12:43:37 am
      i think everybody has that feeling somewhere at the back of there mind's but i hope Skrtel plays and has a good game to get his confidence back, id like to see Big Sami get a game so we have a height advantage, give Carra a rest and play Skrtel and Sami  together or Agger and Sami and play Insua left back also.
      david1976
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #86: Apr 25, 2009 12:46:09 am
      mmmmmm well hope we get a win sick of those bloody man utd supporters
      saying that we will never win the title
      CupidStunt
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -3 
      Reply #87: Apr 25, 2009 12:51:34 am
      I think everybody has that feeling somewhere at the back of there mind's but I hope Skrtel plays and has a good game to get his confidence back, id like to see Big Sami get a game so we have a height advantage, give Carra a rest and play Skrtel and Sami  together or Agger and Sami and play Insua left back also.

I don't see why Skertel and Agger can't start together in central as they both have quicker pace than Sami, we'll need that attribute because we'll be pushing up against Hull at some point in the game and we might need to head back up the pitch fairly quickly.  Insua should defo be on the left and someone other than Arbeloa on the right, because he needs a break.  That for me is an efficient and pacy defence.  Can't see too much wrong with that.
      CupidStunt
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -3 
      Reply #88: Apr 25, 2009 12:53:56 am
      mmmmmm well hope we get a win sick of those bloody man utd supporters
      saying that we will never win the title

After this season, i can't see them near that trophy again.  I can see Rafa bagging it a few seasons on the trot providing we bring in a star or two come Autumn.
      rieras-left-foot
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #89: Apr 25, 2009 01:03:45 am
      I don't see why Skertel and Agger can't start together in central as they both have quicker pace than Sami, we'll need that attribute because we'll be pushing up against Hull at some point in the game and we might need to head back up the pitch fairly quickly.  Insua should defo be on the left and someone other than Arbeloa on the right, because he needs a break.  That for me is an efficient and pacy defence.  Can't see too much wrong with that.

good point, i dont know why i didnt say Skrtel and Agger actualy, have they played together this season ? yeah Insua definatly, i would say give Darby a start on the right but is that too risky for such an important match ? or should we put Carra on the right and give Arbeloa a rest and also all the papers saying manure have won it already, if that doesnt give you otivatino to prove peopel wrong i dont know what does! .
      rieras-left-foot
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #90: Apr 25, 2009 01:05:33 am
      sorry it meant to say motivation :)
      CupidStunt
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -3 
      Reply #91: Apr 25, 2009 01:36:44 am
      good point, I dont know why I didnt say Skrtel and Agger actualy, have they played together this season ? yeah Insua definatly, I would say give Darby a start on the right but is that too risky for such an important match ? or should we put Carra on the right and give Arbeloa a rest and also all the papers saying manure have won it already, if that doesnt give you otivatino to prove peopel wrong I dont know what does! .

Carra, for some reason has disliked being on the right.  And he probably knows his limits, his pace isn't the quickest and with the likes of Lennon around, I can see that massive hole he'd be leaving.  That's our dilemma we have very good central defenders, more than efficient LBs but when limited on the right we've had Carra reluctantly fill in as a makeshift.  We've even experimented with Skertel there, so shows how desperate that position is.  That's a target area for Rafa next season.  Ramos would be great there with the likes of Gerrard and Torres to link up with.  I hope Rafa can use his connections to grab him.

But back to the rest and the best defence for me currently(bearing in mind Carra played on right against Manure Utd) is 

CARRA -SKERTEL- AGGER - INSUA/AURELIO   

The LB postion hotly contested.  Arber needs a rest.  Solid!

Quick Reply