Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Just hold your horses one minute

Read 1819 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Just hold your horses one minute
      Jan 09, 2007 10:54:13 pm
      Just got back from the game.  I stayed until the end - to those who left early.  >:(

Anyway, just a couple of points before we are passing the cyanide round.

Rafa said at the beginning of the competition that he (like Wenger) intended to play some youngsters and fringe players in the competition. 

Dudek did have a sh*t game on Saturday, but he probably didn't expect him to have an even shi**er game.

The likes of Peltier, Paletta, Fowler et al had got us to the Quarter Final in the first place. Would it have been right to just discard them now.  Rafa clearly believes that if he has given his word to those players, then he will keep his word.  Not an entirely disagreeable point.

At the end of the day I would have loved to have gone to Cardiff but it isn't the end of the World.  Getting knocked out the FA Cup was arguably far far worse. 

I think it was the manner of the defeat which shocked - the goalkeeper (one man) has a heavy burden of responsibility on his shoulders for that.   I don't think Rafa is entirely to blame that Jerzy Dudek had his shi**est game - probably of his career.

Hopefully three points at Watford, and a F**k up by Arsenal, the Mancs and Chelsea in the league and this will be wiped from the memory. 

Let's have the last laugh and knock Arsenal out the Champions League.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Just hold your horses one minute
      Reply #1: Jan 09, 2007 10:59:48 pm
      Just got back from the game.  I stayed until the end - to those who left early.  >:(

Rafa said at the beginning of the competition that he (like Wenger) intended to play some youngsters and fringe players in the competition. 

Dudek did have a sh*t game on Saturday, but he probably didn't expect him to have an even shi**er game.

The likes of Peltier, Paletta, Fowler et al had got us to the Quarter Final in the first place. Would it have been right to just discard them now.  Rafa clearly believes that if he has given his word to those players, then he will keep his word.  Not an entirely disagreeable point.

At the end of the day I would have loved to have gone to Cardiff but it isn't the end of the World.  Getting knocked out the FA Cup was arguably far far worse. 

I think it was the manner of the defeat which shocked - the goalkeeper (one man) has a heavy burden of responsibility on his shoulders for that.   I don't think Rafa is entirely to blame that Jerzy Dudek had his shi**est game - probably of his career.

Hopefully three points at Watford, and a fu*k up by Arsenal, the Mancs and Chelsea in the league and this will be wiped from the memory. 

Yeah lets knock Arsenal out of the Champions League.
      No matter what we are all in this together as a club. We must supass Barcelona in both legs.
      Other than listening to that alcoholic Paul Merson & that Bias Everton loon Andy Gray...
      Forget about this match and move on, its in the past now. Just look forward to the Watford game and hope Rafa pulls out a STRONG side.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Jan 09, 2007 11:11:42 pm

Hopefully three points at Watford, and a fu*k up by Arsenal, the Mancs and Chelsea in the league and this will be wiped from the memory. 

Agree with you.
      Another thing to take into consideration is the fact we did get 3 goals back tonight and although 6-3 looks awful on paper its still really only 3-0 in some respects. And did everyone kickup about the 3-1 on Saturday or the 3-0 at the emrishites stadium, yeah they did but not as much as they did with this game.

You have to take into account the fact that you win some you lose some thats the nature of football, and the league we play in along with the domestic cups is the sort of league and cups that any team can beat any other on its day even including those from lower leagues can do you if you are not concentrating.
      How would we have felt if someone like Southend did us over at Anfield like we have been tonight, I think I would have felt a lot worse to be honest.

I think a lot of people on here should take a step back take a deep breath and consider this, what doesnt break you only makes you stronger, and I think that will be reflected in our next few results. No game is easy and thats fact. I know we are all hurting right now, but that pain will subside we just need to be more positive and give support where its needed, the person I feel most sorry for is Jerzy Dudek. Hero to zero hurts like hell and I hope he can recover from this, and after Istanbul I think people should also take into consideration to forgive a couple of games that have gone up shitstreet.

We all now need to consolidate and get behind the team for the game against Watford on Saturday, lets hope we can win that one by some margin. YNWA
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2007 01:28:25 am
      I Don't agree, I'm hurting big time. I love the League cup and have had many a great day because of it. to be beaten by Arsenal at home twice in a week? well we wont get past Barca to knock them out of the Champions League! Rafa sort it out, he sat there with a face of stone all game but its him who put the team out!!!!
      glebe17
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2007 07:41:52 am
      I'll admit it. It really really stings. Can't believe the result.

But, there's no point in pointing the finger at individuals - players or management. We all must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and look to the next game.

"We win together, we loose together" - Rafa (last night)

Tuesday is history. Bring on Watford.
      Peter North
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2007 04:34:15 pm
      Some fair points JD but what worried me more was the individual performance of Paletta. Im new on here and I dont criticise players because of 1 bad game but I have to say his decision making, diving in on players, positional sense and heading were very very poor. I have complete faith in Rafa, sometimes he baffles me but I htink this kid needs some serious coaching before playing in the 1st team again. He would worry me if we had to play him in a bigger match.

Their kids were far superioir to ours.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2007 09:58:19 pm
      Some fair points JD but what worried me more was the individual performance of Paletta. Im new on here and I dont criticise players because of 1 bad game but I have to say his decision making, diving in on players, positional sense and heading were very very poor. I have complete faith in Rafa, sometimes he baffles me but I htink this kid needs some serious coaching before playing in the 1st team again. He would worry me if we had to play him in a bigger match.

Their kids were far superioir to ours.

Paletta was truly shocking.  Not looking like a good prospect.  Just barged out the way for that last goal.

When the keeper has such a bad game it knocks the defenders though.  All the Evertonian's seemed to particularly notice Paletta's poor display for some reason.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #7: Jan 10, 2007 09:59:27 pm
      I Don't agree, I'm hurting big time. I love the League cup and have had many a great day because of it. to be beaten by Arsenal at home twice in a week? well we wont get past Barca to knock them out of the Champions League! Rafa sort it out, he sat there with a face of stone all game but its him who put the team out!!!!

He didn't seem interested but we're a different animal in the European Cup.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2007 10:03:22 pm
      All the Evertonian's seemed to particularly notice Paletta's poor display for some reason.
      because thats how all there players play week in week out!!

Quick Reply