Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Great British Ignorance!

Read 3197 times
      Barolo
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts |
      Great British Ignorance!
      Apr 24, 2009 12:52:22 pm
      I've just been checking to see how many people have signed the petition  http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/lfcdisaster/ which so many of you have already signed.

I was saddened to see that, instead of writing his/her name, some scumbag inserted the following comment: "It was the fault of the Liverpool fans who turned up late and drunk. Get over it."

This ignorance not only saddens me - it angers me greatly - I'm fuming as I type this at the thought that some ignorant b*stard can abuse and abase the memory of the 96 who needlessly lost their lives, and their families for whom this petition seeks to right the wrong and to seek justice at long last.

I feel so strongly about this that I feel it's high time that the S*n was forced into publishing a prominent admission of the lies they reported, lies which are greatly responsible for the amount of ignorance which still pervades certain quarters of society.

That said, I intend to initiate some kind of petition which will ultimately ask the S*n (either directly or, if necessary, through Governmental pressure) to retract unconditionally the lies it reported 20 years ago.

If anybody wishes to help me in this quest, I'd be delighted to hear from you - just IM or email me. Thanks
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Re: Great British Ignorance!
      Reply #1: Apr 24, 2009 05:15:20 pm
      I agree totally with you and think that seeing the s*n print some retraction, preferably a "we lied" would be one step along the line of justice. I'll support whatever petition you decided on.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2009 08:49:52 pm by smigger15, Reason: That word not allowed on forum in that context »
      Barolo
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts |
      Re: Great British Ignorance!
      Reply #2: Apr 24, 2009 08:45:53 pm
      I agree totally with you and think that seeing the sun print some retraction, preferably a "we lied" would be one step along the line of justice. I'll support whatever petition you decided on.

Cheers Gail!  Will be in touch.    ;)

Quick Reply