Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Carling Cup QF: Liverpool v Arsenal (Take 2) - Lost 6-3 !

Read 13964 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Carling Cup QF: Take 2
      Reply #138: Jan 09, 2007 10:18:37 pm
      garcia is soft on the ball and some players are just past it and our reserve players are crap
      rafa needs to SORT it out

like I siad before, We are too litrweight and too slow !!   simple
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #139: Jan 09, 2007 10:20:18 pm
      We need pacey defender - sammy is too slow
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #140: Jan 09, 2007 10:21:52 pm
      Very worried about this You're on Sky Sports - some clowns are going to be on.

Im getting pretty tires og guessing the team when we play. Lokk at Chelsea. How many gamnes does Cech,Terry,Carvealho,Lampard,Makele, Drogba and Cole miss when they are injury free. None

We dont even got one player except garragher maybe who are playing all the games.

We should have a backbone of Reina, garragher, Agger, Riise, Finnan,Gerrard, Kuyt and Crough in our line up every game. Every fuc... game, no matter what compitition.

Whit this backbone we could use Sissoko, Alonso to shift partnership with gerrard and have back ups in som of the other players.

But we need to get rid of GARCIA - PRONTO. There must be a club willing to pay 6-7 million pounds for him.

Excellent point.  They're professional athletes - too much pissing around with the team.  And as for Garcia I have said before he is one of our more 'saleable' assets.

Oh god - here we go with the Sky phone-in.   Chris Thompson - you're a f***ing disgrace for leaving your team at 5-1 down - yes we were sh*t but You'll Never Walk Alone (remember).  If I ever find you I am going to break your f***ing legs.  (in fact it sounds like that fat pr**k that runs that Kopshite website)
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #141: Jan 09, 2007 10:23:10 pm
      weve gt no pace up front only bellamy non in mid and non in defence
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #142: Jan 09, 2007 10:24:11 pm
      Scoucers need to be hear tonight - wish we could get all our posts up there!!
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #143: Jan 09, 2007 10:25:08 pm
      I think Agger will fit that bill, if rafa would give him a good run in the team.
      As for garcia, I wouldn't be so quick to ship him out. He gives us good service in europe.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #144: Jan 09, 2007 10:28:06 pm
      My brother just emailed me, he's a RED too, he said he's lost £100 on a work bet with a mate, and also said - get rid of Hyypia - too slow, get rid of Garcia - liability, get rid of Pauletta - fool, rid of Bellamy, club too big for him, and get shot of Benitez.....fast.
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #145: Jan 09, 2007 10:30:27 pm
      An embarassment, team played like strangers, Yet again no cutting edga up front. We need to get some pace and strength in the squad, but more importantly a bit of quality, all of which is sadly lacking at present.
      All tonight proved was what I had not wanted to admit, we are n't good enough, the fourth best team in the League.
      Hopefully now some solutions can be found instead of pretending there's nothing wrong.

So everybody get pulling in the same direction and sort this out

:angry-smiley-034: :angry-smiley-034: :angry-smiley-034:
      mikaels
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #146: Jan 09, 2007 10:31:46 pm
      My brother just emailed me, he's a RED too, he said he's lost £100 on a work bet with a mate, and also said - get rid of Hyypia - too slow, get rid of Garcia - liability, get rid of Pauletta - fool, rid of Bellamy, club too big for him, and get shot of Benitez.....fa st.

Well im not far from it me either. Hes(rafa) pissing around with the team. He must understand hes not in spain. Every team can beat yopu in england. So stay with one backbone and shift the othres. The best players should ALWAYS play until someone are better.

And Garcia againg. SELL SELL SELL. I will give Rafael benitez one more season with some millions to spend. But thats his last chance

And by the way: Why the fuc... areent we buying Wright Phillips
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #147: Jan 09, 2007 10:36:11 pm
      Nice one about Andy Gray though, mind you he's always worth comedy value with his commentating
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #148: Jan 09, 2007 10:37:43 pm
      Thank You Mikaels - WHY aren't we?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #149: Jan 09, 2007 10:41:06 pm
      Nice one about Andy Gray though, mind you he's always worth comedy value with his commentating
      haha, you know the score smiggs - He's a total pr**k.
      That first tackle on Fowler, he called it a clean tackle - excuse me but full studs showing and Fowler went flying.(yes he won the ball, but you can do that with both feet).
      anyway, lets not take anything away from Arsenal - GOOD LUCK.

We are sh*t
      shortshorts
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #150: Jan 09, 2007 10:41:19 pm
      Man City fan here..in peace. Got to say it's not good for the game football to see Liverpool concede 6 at home, it just should never happen..Football's changing so much with squad roation/ weakened sides for the league cup/ atmosphere declining. Somethings are worth protecting, and Anfield should be a place that teams fear to go..it makes getting any sort of result there a real acheivement, I think Rafa's squad selection tonight chipped away at that reputation. Good luck with your RTK campaign.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #151: Jan 09, 2007 10:45:39 pm
      Man City fan here..in peace. Got to say it's not good for the game football to see Liverpool concede 6 at home, it just should never happen..Football's changing so much with squad roation/ weakened sides for the league cup/ atmosphere declining. Somethings are worth protecting, and Anfield should be a place that teams fear to go..it makes getting any sort of result there a real acheivement, I think Rafa's squad selection tonight chipped away at that reputation. Good luck with your RTK campaign.

Cheers shortshorts, gutted after tonights performance though, it was embarrassing
      Bring back Didi Hamann !  ;)
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #152: Jan 09, 2007 10:50:00 pm
      This game will be the talk for days... i'm off peeps. Keep your heads up!  ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #153: Jan 09, 2007 10:50:42 pm
      This game will be the talk for days... I'm off peeps. Keep your heads up!  ;)

night night
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #154: Jan 09, 2007 10:55:27 pm
      Thanks mate... at least we know we've got some support from other clubs.
      Here's a reminder lads/lasses Everton conceeded 7 goals in each of two games against Arsenal in two seasons...
      Remember that, I WILL FOR TOMORROW!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #155: Jan 09, 2007 11:05:06 pm
      In hindsight.  We should have played in the Fog.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #156: Jan 09, 2007 11:06:14 pm
      We should have....
      Maybe things would of turned out different... :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #157: Jan 09, 2007 11:43:30 pm
      Rafa: Post Match Comments

"We did use a lot of players from the first-team squad, but they also changed many players.

The problem was conceding goals like we did.

We used senior players and young players, I do not point the finger at anyone.

We tried to do our best, but we conceded goals and you cannot change the result now. All I can say is `sorry' to our supporters.

Arsenal did not have too many chances, and it was very much like on Saturday in the FA Cup when they scored from virtually every chance they had,

This time was the same, they scored six from as many chances. We can always talk about players and tactics, but you need to score goals and that is what they did.

It was a bad game for us. But in a lot of years managing and training teams you learn to accept these things and put them behind you as soon as possible and think now about the Premier League and the Champions League.

It is easy to talk afterwards, but we conceded a goal every time they came forward."

He did apologise to the fans.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #158: Jan 09, 2007 11:52:11 pm
      Ah well.  The good news is that next up at Anfield we've got Chelsea.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #159: Jan 09, 2007 11:56:45 pm
      Oh dear........

Gobsmacked! Can't really speak as shocked by what I've just witnessed.

Suffice to say I never thought I would see the reds concede 6 goals at home..ever!!!

Bad week all round for the reds....regroup and move on...but this defeat does hurt no matter what may be posted here...6 goals.....past managers would have been lynched for a result like that (Suness, Roy Q spring to mind).

Rafa needs to get us going again..and quickly.....but these two results must have damaged morale.

At least its only Watford next......

liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #160: Jan 09, 2007 11:58:24 pm
      ooooops that wasnt supposed to happen :(

Quick Reply