Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The 'My neighbours barking dogs are driving me crazy' thread

Read 31339 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      The 'My neighbours barking dogs are driving me crazy' thread
      Apr 24, 2009 10:46:31 pm
      Is it just me, or does anyone else have neighbours with constantly barking dogs who don't care about the sanity of anyone else? I am totally cracking up. I go to work at 8am, come home at 6pm and listen to next door's horse sized dog bark constantly all night. I've reported them to the council as I didn't fancy confronting a meathead, skinhead with a huge vicious dog, and they sent a letter warning/advising them (their words, not mine) but it's only got worse. So I've sent a log sheet in reporting the times of the noise, but I'm not kidding, this dog can bark for 7 hours without breathing. It must be breathing through it's arse. I have 3 possible solutions:

1. I kill it.
      2. The council sorts it.
      3. I sell my flat - which will be really easy to do in a recession with a constant WOOFWOOFWOOF for 12 hours a day.

Any opinions / advice? It's a horrible feeling sitting listening to this all night every night.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The 'My neighbours barking dogs are driving me crazy' thread
      Reply #1: Apr 24, 2009 10:53:32 pm
      Crikey, sounds like the dog is sexually frustrated.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #2: Apr 24, 2009 10:56:52 pm
      Well, my 4th option ain't F***ing it, if that's what you're thinking! ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Apr 24, 2009 10:57:31 pm
      Although that would resolve BOTH our problems! :) Except, the dog is male, and I'm not gay... :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4: Apr 24, 2009 10:58:40 pm
      Well, my 4th option ain't f**king it, if that's what you're thinking! ;)

:lmao:

See if you can talk Meathead/Skinhead into doing it ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #5: Apr 24, 2009 10:59:42 pm
      Maybe it could give him a blowie. It would probably still bark all the way through though...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #6: Apr 24, 2009 11:01:13 pm
      Well i have no more suggestions, you may just have to take one for the team :D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #7: Apr 24, 2009 11:02:43 pm
      Maybe if I let it F**k me...

No, now I really am getting desperate.

In all seriousness though, sometimes I sit hearing it bark and after about the 5th hour I start wondering if I'm hearing things, and if the barking is inside my head. That can't be healthy!! :)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #8: Apr 24, 2009 11:08:04 pm
      Here's an example of the reason I reported it to the council without speaking to the owners first. I've been looking on forums about dogs and barking dogs, and just stumbled across this:

Fed up of the miserable hag of a neighbour with nothing better to do between men complaining about the dog.

We were just out working in the shed and the dog was barking because she was playing. Now I will admit the dog does bark, but we've been taking steps and she has improved a lot.

The woman was rude, and has been saying that the other neighbours were complaining too. Funny that, we were talking to them and not only have they just come back from Sri Lanka, but they dont even HEAR the dog!

I want to go round and bash her face in tbh, nobody speaks to my gf like that, but I thought instead it'd be better to take around a copy of the councils policy to stick in her miserable face.

Im having trouble finding it, can anyone help before I take the staple gun to her gob? Thanks.
      Barolo
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 24, 2009 11:37:36 pm
      Given that you've already contacted the council and sent them a log sheet, all you can do now is wait for a response from them BUT, if you feel as though you're waiting too long without them resolving the problem, get a doctor's note saying how it's causing you a lot of stress, affecting your quality of life etc etc THEN get in touch with them again - they might, just might do something about it then.

It's a difficult one, isn't it, especially if the neighbour who owns the dog can't or won't be reasoned with.

Good luck!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Apr 25, 2009 12:20:10 am
      Jeez, I can sympathise with you Gow, as we had a similar problem a couple of years back, the dog opposite us barked constantly, like you I thought of wanting to kill it etc etc, but it wasn't really the dog's fault it was the owner's, quite simply the poor dog was bored stiff, and lonely, they never bothered with it, never took it out for a walk, it was just left outside to annoy everybody else whilst they sat in their house with music so loud they couldn't hear the dog barking.

I even thought about poisoning it with a contaminated piece of meat  :o but couldn't bring myself to do it, anyway, eventually the dog seemed to calm down, and as it's got older it barks less.

Are your neighbours even allowed to keep a dog in a flat?

You could report it to the Noise Abatement Society......if their is one, or like Barolo says, see the Doc saying how much of a nuisance it is, and how much stress it's causing you.

Good luck anyway............pain in the arse.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #11: Apr 25, 2009 12:31:11 am
      Kill the neighbours, then set the dog free, my best advise
      Barolo
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 25, 2009 12:33:32 am

:lmao: :lmao:

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Apr 25, 2009 01:09:07 am
      Have a look at this topic Gow. There's some interesting facts that might put your mind at ease.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=1458.0

Barolo has got a good point with the 'stress' avenue I reckon.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Apr 25, 2009 01:17:23 am
      Oh Kenny, are you saying that if I was having regular sex then it wouldn't be so bad? :) It's 1.15am and it's still going...

MsG - I have an image in my head of going over the fence with a knife expecting it to come at me so I could kill it, but when I jump over it would be delighted to see me and would run to me like I'm its saviour, and then I'd feel bad about leaving it again.

I know it's not his fault...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Apr 25, 2009 01:33:39 am
      Have you had a chat to the other neighbour's to see what their take is on it?

Are they the approachable kind?

What kind of dog is it?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #16: Apr 25, 2009 01:44:50 am
      Is it just me, or does anyone else have neighbours with constantly barking dogs who don't care about the sanity of anyone else? I am totally cracking up. I go to work at 8am, come home at 6pm and listen to next door's horse sized dog bark constantly all night. I've reported them to the council as I didn't fancy confronting a meathead, skinhead with a huge vicious dog, and they sent a letter warning/advising them (their words, not mine) but it's only got worse. So I've sent a log sheet in reporting the times of the noise, but I'm not kidding, this dog can bark for 7 hours without breathing. It must be breathing through it's arse. I have 3 possible solutions:

1. I kill it.
      2. The council sorts it.
      3. I sell my flat - which will be really easy to do in a recession with a constant WOOFWOOFWOOF for 12 hours a day.

Any opinions / advice? It's a horrible feeling sitting listening to this all night every night.

I've got a dog. So instinctively my opinion is against option 1.

My dog has got one mean mother-f**ker of a bark on him (but ssshhh he's soft as sh*te - scared of spiders etc - just blessed with a boss bark). We've got a couple of yappers near us but being a dog owner it doesn't particularly get on my tits.

The meathead next door knows that it will be his next door neighbour who grassed him up so my advice would be to sleep with a baseball bat under your bed. ;)

Seriously though - there is no reason for a dog to bark so much.  It's either frustrated at living with knobends, doesn't get enough walks, or is being abused - so I hope something gets done.

All dogs want to do is eat, sh*t, go for long walks, chase balls till they get tired and then go to sleep.  Something's missing from that dog's life.  (Oh and it might needs its balls cutting off).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #17: Apr 25, 2009 01:47:27 am
      I even thought about poisoning it with a contaminated piece of meat  :o but couldn't bring myself to do it,

In light of your previous exemplary posting on the forum I am prepared to cast a blind eye to this.

If anyone suspects that an animal is not being treated well, and not taking it out is just that then they should log an anonymous call to the RSPCA.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Apr 25, 2009 01:57:36 am
      Oh Kenny, are you saying that if I was having regular sex then it wouldn't be so bad? :)

Not at all my friend. But in your times of troubles, if you 'fockus' visually on something, maybe it might take the pain away. Put some pink earmuffs on, fockus on what you see....and then take robbyr's advice and kill the neighbours.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Apr 25, 2009 02:00:11 am
      In light of your previous exemplary posting on the forum I am prepared to cast a blind eye to this.

You know me JD, I couldn't bring myself to hurt any animal, after all I've had a dog, Keisha our boxer, soft as sh*t she was, and she never barked.

I understand Gow's frustration though, your lying there in bed, just waiting for it to bark, shove some cotton wool in your ears Gow  :D
      Barolo
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 25, 2009 02:02:05 am
      Gow, just found this on Liverpool City Council's website, though I'm sure you've already been down that route:

"Barking Dogs

The Environmental Health Service has powers to deal with a wide variety of noise sources including barking dogs.

When dealing with noise nuisance from a barking dog, if we are satisfied that a nuisance exists, we will serve a notice requiring it to be remedied

For more information contact the Noise Control Unit on 0151 225 4019."

As JD says, it's more the fault of the owner than the dog's and a call to the RSPCA might also be worthwhile - sounds like the owner doesn't have a clue how to look after a dog so shouldn't be allowed to keep one. You may well be doing the dog a favour, as well as yourself!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Apr 25, 2009 08:53:15 am

:lmao:  :lmao: :lmao:

That's gold Robby.

Gow, I sympathise with ya mate.

You're just going to have to drink yourself into oblivion every night...I'm sure RedKenny can help you out with that, mate.  ;)

See, there's an upside to every downside  ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #22: Apr 25, 2009 11:07:28 am
      Why should I shove cotton wool in my ears? I refuse to have to wear earphones or do anything else that more or less lets them win. Had a letter back from the council this morning saying 'thanks for returning your completed log sheet. We'll contact you shortly once we decide what to do' - so that will probably mean 'we're not gonna do anything, but we're still gonna make you wait to hear it'.

JD - I have seen it being walked first thing in the morning, and it doesn't even look at you, just keeps its head down and doesn't make a peep. Walks along slowly. I think it's old. (Well, I f***in hope it's old!) Its problem is that they leave it out for hours and hours at a time. Also, they won't know it's me, coz there's 6 flats in my block, all which directly overlook it, and all the houses in the street are close together, plus another street backs onto it. They're in the worst possible position really.

MsG - It's like a mastiff thing...big b***ard. Loud bark.

Kenny - I had no pink earmuffs. But I did kill the neighbours. ;)

Quick Reply