Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

We are not in the same class as the top 3

Read 5378 times
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      We are not in the same class as the top 3
      Jan 10, 2007 01:35:58 pm
      I don't think last night proved it but Saturday did. We had all the play but could not penertrate their defence.. we lack pace & quality in the final thrid. I would keep with Gerrard & Alonso in the centre.. change both wingers and both strikers. Our defence is also the difference to the top 3.. we lack pace in defence.. we need a new cb with pace and need a new lb.. also cover for rb would help.. also we need Carson back in goal or on subs bench at least.

Mascherano will add quality to our midfield if he does come.. a holding midfielder which we dont have.. Alonso is a quarter back slightly different
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Re: We are not in the same class as the top 3
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2007 01:55:42 pm
      We're not in the class as the top 3? We are in the top 3 so what are you on about? I admit we need 2/3 more players for the starting 11 but hopefully they will come maybe in Jan but probably in the summer!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #2: Jan 10, 2007 02:06:12 pm
      Arsenal do have the Indian sign over us a the moment, but over the course of the season I do expect the 'Pool to finish third above Arsenal. What hurts is we will beat them in the Premiership and will will also take points from Chavski and Man USA. We will field a good side for these games. Because of the side we fielded yesterday I wont be going out to play in Cardiff for a week end!!! So I think Rafa should put his hand in his pocket and take us all down to Cardiff on the piss and pay for the hotels.................. ........................ ..just a thought
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2007 02:18:15 pm
      as i said !

Have to say after last night its hard to see where we're going with Rafa, season is basically over in January. All of his signings from pre season have failed to live up to any sort of standard required at LFC.

In the time he has been here we have never really looked like winning the title. Sometimes I think he just does not get the EPL, his tactics are totally made for the European leagues but I fear our EPL ......

Gutted I think Redknapp was spot on after the game and that c**t Merson was finding it hard to keep a straight face basically saying Barcelona's under 15's would wipe the floor with us, totally embarrassed and someone needs to pay for that !
      priesty we're more like 5 players out and we wont have the finances in place to buy em now, guess what next summer is too late.

Another fu**ed up season . . .

The players who Rafa got last summer are a waste of space, so who errmmm do we blame for all this ?
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2007 02:25:00 pm
      I don't think last night proved it but Saturday did. We had all the play but could not penertrate their defence.. we lack pace & quality in the final thrid. I would keep with Gerrard & Alonso in the centre.. change both wingers and both strikers. Our defence is also the difference to the top 3.. we lack pace in defence.. we need a new cb with pace and need a new lb.. also cover for rb would help.. also we need Carson back in goal or on subs bench at least.

Mascherano will add quality to our midfield if he does come.. a holding midfielder which we dont have.. Alonso is a quarter back slightly different

Well on that note we may as well change the whole team then according to you! All we need is a left back and a striker that can stick the ball in the net on a regular basis. Some areas may need more cover such as rb as finnan the machine can't play every game even though he is doing a great job.

Don't forget that we've got Momo and Kewell to come back and if Mascherano does come who do you leave out between momo and xabi! It's all ifs and buts and we don't have the money to bring in the amount of players you have suggested. I feel with the players we have got we should be doing better than we are and challenging for the title and we would have if results earlier in the season had went the right way. We 've also got a goalkeeper in the form of his life just at the wrong club for the moment. I would also give God a run in the team cos I still think he can score the goals we need. As soon as all the pieces fit together we will be unstoppable!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2007 03:34:08 pm
      We are third :S
      Anyway, lets not get too carried away here. The investment talk is on going and we do not know anything yet.
      I would love to see the cash injection because we never really had it like Utd did.
      It would be good to see.. Faces coming in, faces going out. Thats football but we need to bring this club forward and win the Premiership which is truley calling our name.
      So come on you red men, no more mistakes.
      Cy
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2007 03:43:38 pm
      as I said !

Have to say after last night its hard to see where we're going with Rafa, season is basically over in January. All of his signings from pre season have failed to live up to any sort of standard required at LFC.

In the time he has been here we have never really looked like winning the title. Sometimes I think he just does not get the EPL, his tactics are totally made for the European leagues but I fear our EPL ......

Gutted I think Redknapp was spot on after the game and that c**t Merson was finding it hard to keep a straight face basically saying Barcelona's under 15's would wipe the floor with us, totally embarrassed and someone needs to pay for that !
      priesty we're more like 5 players out and we wont have the finances in place to buy em now, guess what next summer is too late.

Another fu**ed up season . . .

The players who Rafa got last summer are a waste of space, so who errmmm do we blame for all this ?

So Kuyt is a waste of space?..Come on, okay few of them didnt delivered yet, but can you name me other HUGE signing for other team who did? ballack, shevshenko, tevez anyone?..it's the same except Kyut and maybe Larsson I can't remember anyone delivering for his respective club.

The season is far to be fu**ed up like you said too, so what the pundits say is what will happen? We are 3rd in the league and got a massive chance to prove everybody wrong with the Barca game...As for sky and bbc pundits we know they are rubbish, no surprise there, let's not get over reacted with that, it would gave them too much credits..
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 10, 2007 04:10:14 pm
      we are 3rd but against the big teams we dont look good we lack pace and rafas signings are sh*t
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2007 04:17:30 pm
      Signings this season so far.
      Gonzalez - Young, still needs a bit of time to adapt.
      Paletta - Hasn't impressed me at all.
      Aurelio - Our worst player so far. Samba skills to thrill? Give it a rest.
      Pennant - Buzzed off him signing but lost faith. But now I think he's beginning to prove himself.
      Kuyt - The best signing this season.
      Bellamy - Looks good at times but screws up easy chances and is always offside.
      Zhar - Seen him touch the ball once

Now come on, it could of been alot worse.
      Hopefully this 'proposed' cash injection will go ahead.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2007 05:23:39 pm
      we are 3rd but against the big teams we don't look good we lack pace and rafas signings are sh*t

We looked petty good When we knocked Chavski out of the European cup, the FA cup and in Cardiff when we beat them in the Charity shield.
      We looked pretty good when we knocked Man USA out of the FA cup last year.
      We looked when Mellor smashed the ball in at the Kop end to beat Arsenal a couple of seasons ago, and also when Garcia did it not so long ago.
      We have looked pretty good against Juve, Milan, Monaco, Bayer, PSV and numerous other top European sides that we have beaten.

Momo, Agger, Kuyt, Alonso are great players and were all signed by Rafa, what team are you watching CARRA101 and how are you coming to these conclusions?  ???
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 10, 2007 06:27:15 pm
      Arsenal do have the Indian sign over us a the moment, but over the course of the season I do expect the 'Pool to finish third above Arsenal. What hurts is we will beat them in the Premiership and will will also take points from Chavski and Man USA. We will field a good side for these games. Because of the side we fielded yesterday I wont be going out to play in Cardiff for a week end!!! So I think Rafa should put his hand in his pocket and take us all down to Cardiff on the piss and pay for the hotels.................. ........................ ..just a thought

i am for that. rafa ows us a pint or 2 after watchin that game last nite.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2007 07:17:04 pm
      Agreed with Priesty we're in the top 3 but aren't a top 3 team, we don't have a squad thats anywhere good enough to win the league.

The only Rafa signing from the summer that has proved to be good is Kuyt and he is a luxery at times because he doesn't score enough goals.

Hope Im proved wrong, but whatever can't wait to see some huge changes at the club this year !
      suzalgreg
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2007 08:30:18 pm
       Last nights performance was just typical of the lack of fire and motivation our current team routinally display, especially the foreign contingent.  This bunch of overpaid, underachievers should only be allowed to wear the away strip for the rest of the season as they dont seem to appreciate what the red of Liverpool means to the fans! This comment may seem strong to some, but watching a manager whos team is being walked off the park calmly sitting with his arms folded shows a total disrespect for this clubs heritage.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2007 06:18:06 pm by suzalgreg »
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2007 08:56:17 pm
      I agree as you will find do many of us who don't just blindly follow Rafa and chant his name every time we beat a Charlton or a Watford etc . . . . . this you will find is not loyalty but stupidity and is why we haven't won the league for 16 years.

Its time we demanded a bit more and let the manager know it !!!
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 10, 2007 09:28:40 pm
      crazy horse for the fact that weve plaed united chelsea and arsenal and weve been beat off every 1 nt last season last seasons over mte just thought id up date you yano
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #15: Jan 10, 2007 09:34:08 pm
      Its always difficult to win on their grounds, We haven't played them this season at home in the League when Rafa will play his strongest team. Why he picked those sides in the both cup games against Arsenal only he will know. So what your judging your opinion isn't fair, if your going off this season alone please wait till its finished and he have played Man USA, Chavski and Arsenal both home and away.
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 10, 2007 09:40:38 pm
      yes but not even a point
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #17: Jan 10, 2007 09:41:11 pm
      crazy horse for the fact that weve plaed united chelsea and arsenal and weve been beat off every 1 nt last season last seasons over mte just thought id up date you yano
      mate how is anyone meant to read that, speak english.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #18: Jan 10, 2007 09:42:50 pm

There is 3 games to go against these teams, I will wager with you that we wont loose all of them.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #19: Jan 10, 2007 09:44:19 pm
      There is 3 games to go against these teams, I will wager with you that we wont loose all of them.

Go on Carra put your money were you mouth is, I think Crazy Horse will win this one mate !  ;)
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 10, 2007 09:45:05 pm
      loose no lose mate come on speak english no not all of them but if you get 3-1 at home it doesnt look promising
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #21: Jan 10, 2007 09:47:39 pm
      Again Lad that wasn't our strongest team, not the team that will play in the league game. They wont win the league game 3-1.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2007 09:48:40 pm
      loose no lose mate come on speak english no not all of them but if you get 3-1 at home it doesnt look promising

What ???
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2007 09:49:02 pm
      no but the team selection wasnt great there our only 2 realistic cups of winning silverwear this year
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2007 09:49:55 pm
      we have always had a bad record against arsenal, but we can beat Man USA simply because its a derby and we will put in that extra 10%, chavs we will put in an extra 10% because it's chelsea.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2007 09:50:28 pm

Personnally I think this is an unfair assement. I think we are top 3 we only lack that punch of a striker, like we have had in Rush, Aldrige, Owen etc. This is why I think the answer lies  locally somewhere, and not on foriegn soil which Rafa seems the think.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2007 09:51:55 pm
      I agree as you will find do many of us who don't just blindly follow Rafa and chant his name every time we beat a Charlton or a Watford etc . . . . . this you will find is not loyalty but stupidity and is why we haven't won the league for 16 years.

Its time we demanded a bit more and let the manager know it !!!

He did bring us our first European Cup for 21 years in his first season.  We had a great season in the Premiership last season (obviously not great enough) but a vast improvement.  We're not Everton and our season isn't over yet.
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2007 09:54:14 pm
      jd be realistic what will we win if our season isnt over
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2007 09:58:46 pm
      no but the team selection wasnt great there our only 2 realistic cups of winning silverwear this year

Thats what hurts the most, and only Rafa knows why he picked those sides, and I honestly wont go to another home tie in the league cup, because that cost me £30 last night, I saw the teams announced on Sky in the Harry before I went to the ground and knew we would get beat. I feel cheated, that wasn't just a tie we should of won but a Cup that we had a great chance of winning. Which echo's my point that we have 11 players at our club that can quite easily match and beat Arsenal when we play at Anfield.
      jd be realistic what will we win if our season isnt over

Rafa owes us, what better way to pay our back the support we have given than to beat Barca?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2007 10:00:17 pm
      Just to make you feel better, Wycombe have just held the Chelski sh*te to a draw !  ;)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2007 10:02:42 pm
      Just to make you feel better, Wycombe have just held the Chelski sh*te to a draw !  ;)

So what are you saying Smig? We're not in the same class as Wycombe!?

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2007 10:05:13 pm
      So what are you saying Smig? We're not in the same class as Wycombe!?

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Just hopin' the Foxy fella is reading this, where is he when you want him ??   ;D ;D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2007 10:07:04 pm
      Not on his way home from the match thats for sure!!!
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #33: Jan 10, 2007 10:07:06 pm
      Just hopin' the Foxy fella is reading this, where is he when you want him ??   ;D ;D
      well now they've drawn, he won't return!
      AdelaideRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2007 03:32:24 am
      that does alliviate some of the symptoms!

Quick Reply