Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

We are not in the same class as the top 3

Read 5379 times
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Re: We are not in the same class as the top 3
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2007 09:49:02 pm
      no but the team selection wasnt great there our only 2 realistic cups of winning silverwear this year
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2007 09:49:55 pm
      we have always had a bad record against arsenal, but we can beat Man USA simply because its a derby and we will put in that extra 10%, chavs we will put in an extra 10% because it's chelsea.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2007 09:50:28 pm
      I don't think last night proved it but Saturday did. We had all the play but could not penertrate their defence.. we lack pace & quality in the final thrid. I would keep with Gerrard & Alonso in the centre.. change both wingers and both strikers. Our defence is also the difference to the top 3.. we lack pace in defence.. we need a new cb with pace and need a new lb.. also cover for rb would help.. also we need Carson back in goal or on subs bench at least.

Mascherano will add quality to our midfield if he does come.. a holding midfielder which we dont have.. Alonso is a quarter back slightly different

Personnally I think this is an unfair assement. I think we are top 3 we only lack that punch of a striker, like we have had in Rush, Aldrige, Owen etc. This is why I think the answer lies  locally somewhere, and not on foriegn soil which Rafa seems the think.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2007 09:51:55 pm
      I agree as you will find do many of us who don't just blindly follow Rafa and chant his name every time we beat a Charlton or a Watford etc . . . . . this you will find is not loyalty but stupidity and is why we haven't won the league for 16 years.

Its time we demanded a bit more and let the manager know it !!!

He did bring us our first European Cup for 21 years in his first season.  We had a great season in the Premiership last season (obviously not great enough) but a vast improvement.  We're not Everton and our season isn't over yet.
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2007 09:54:14 pm
      jd be realistic what will we win if our season isnt over
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2007 09:58:46 pm
      no but the team selection wasnt great there our only 2 realistic cups of winning silverwear this year

Thats what hurts the most, and only Rafa knows why he picked those sides, and I honestly wont go to another home tie in the league cup, because that cost me £30 last night, I saw the teams announced on Sky in the Harry before I went to the ground and knew we would get beat. I feel cheated, that wasn't just a tie we should of won but a Cup that we had a great chance of winning. Which echo's my point that we have 11 players at our club that can quite easily match and beat Arsenal when we play at Anfield.
      jd be realistic what will we win if our season isnt over

Rafa owes us, what better way to pay our back the support we have given than to beat Barca?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2007 10:00:17 pm
      Just to make you feel better, Wycombe have just held the Chelski sh*te to a draw !  ;)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2007 10:02:42 pm
      Just to make you feel better, Wycombe have just held the Chelski sh*te to a draw !  ;)

So what are you saying Smig? We're not in the same class as Wycombe!?

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2007 10:05:13 pm
      So what are you saying Smig? We're not in the same class as Wycombe!?

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Just hopin' the Foxy fella is reading this, where is he when you want him ??   ;D ;D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2007 10:07:04 pm
      Not on his way home from the match thats for sure!!!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #33: Jan 10, 2007 10:07:06 pm
      Just hopin' the Foxy fella is reading this, where is he when you want him ??   ;D ;D
      well now they've drawn, he won't return!
      AdelaideRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2007 03:32:24 am
      that does alliviate some of the symptoms!

Quick Reply