Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Hull 1-3 Liverpool: Post Match Thread

Read 17350 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Re: Hull 1-3 Liverpool: Post Match Thread
      Reply #92: Apr 25, 2009 09:04:21 pm
      Guys, it's time to look towards the next season.  I watched the Utd game towards the end, and they don't look a pressurised team, far from it.  They were so comfortable, that they managed a few laughs and jokes in between amongst themselves.  We missed our boat this year.  Our next ship is to outsail the rest when we buy a few quality fullbacks.

Two things.

1. This is the Hull post match thread. 

2. Don't suggest to me when it's time for me to throw in the towel.  By next weekend United's lead could have been eroded.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #93: Apr 25, 2009 09:07:02 pm
      cupidstunt, everyone has a bit of doubt about this year, but then there's the positivity. Whilst the possibility remains, so will most people's belief. Like JD said, don't tell us believers that it's definately not going to happen, just because you said so.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #94: Apr 25, 2009 09:08:21 pm
      Still another 3 points.
      Keep believing and keep the faith.
      None of this lets look to next season rubbish.
      C'mon you Redmen.
      Yes we can!! ;D

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2009 01:00:11 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Do not post in all capitals. »
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Reply #95: Apr 25, 2009 09:20:17 pm
      Oh well they didnt lose the manc sh*te won 5- 2
      on top and goal diff only 2 in it
      got to crack on  if we to win the prem
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #96: Apr 25, 2009 09:24:16 pm
      STILL ANOTHER 3 POINTS!!!!
      KEEP BELIEVING AND KEEP THE FAITH
      NONE OF THIS LETS LOOK TO NEXT SEASON RUBBISH!!!!
      CMON YOU REDMAN!!!
      YES WE CAN!!!!! ;D

That's the spirit.
      I've been saying the same all season. I believe we can take maximum points from now until the end of the season however...
      I just can't see any ref letting Man U get under any real pressure to drop points in 2 or 3 games. I still can't believe Man U are ahead of us by 3 points with a game in hand at this late stage and should Man U be getting the same treatment as all other teams I'd say they would definitely drop points but I'm so F***ing fed up with it now but still...

I WON'T LET ANYONE DESTROY MY HOPE AND BELIEF, NOT MAN U, NOT THE BEEB AND NOT HOWARD WEBB.

Come on you redmen. Let's win number 19 and prove everyone wrong.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #97: Apr 25, 2009 09:40:58 pm
      What a day.

I started the day going to the gym at mid-day, got home for 2.45pm, so I get the stream going for the Hull V Liverpool match, eventually got a working link at 3.30pm and it was feeling like it might be one of those days with our poor 1st half performance. But stepped up Xabi Alonso who coverted a good free kick. Nerves settled half time, after the break Folan sent off for something what Rooney or Ronaldo gets away with at times. There I was thinking referees are improving when Atkinson give Folan his orders. Dirk Kuyt makes it 0-2 and theres me shouting "increase the goal difference". Insua is great when going forward but big question marks with him defensively. Shambles isnt the word but it was a awful goal to give away. We shouldnt have given Hull a chance to get back in the game with 10 men...... Kuyt made sure of the 3 points, considering we played poor that was a great result..... Then I decide to hit the boozer to watch a double bill...... Man United V Spurs & Bham City V Preston ..... and could you believe, I was the only 1 in the boozer celebrating when Spurs took the lead and extended the lead.... all these tense Preston fans give me the stares...... I cant beleive 'The Copper' becomes bit of a bent Referee.... that was not a pen.... and it changed the flaming game.... still had bit of a cheer for the local faithful when Preston snatched the win in Stoppage time.....

This pitch at KC isnt great and if Hull gived us a fright am sure they can give another 10% if they still down there on the final day.

We live another day, and we will fight, fight and keep battling for that title. I have previously held Boro & City games to be the banana skins for United.

Well done Liverpool for winning. Keep applying the pressure.

Beleive
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #98: Apr 25, 2009 10:01:27 pm
      Have to say Hull did quite well. Really hope they give United a tough game like this.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #99: Apr 25, 2009 10:23:43 pm
      Did you ppl see when Nicky Barmby came off, when subbed?

Who was he having a go at???
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #100: Apr 25, 2009 10:27:46 pm
      We did what we have to do but I don't belive that we will win the tittle.We can cosider ourselves 6 points behind and with just 4 games to play I don't think F*cking manure will drop any point.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #101: Apr 26, 2009 12:38:37 am
      I wonder did Skrtel exact any form of revenge on Caleb Folan after the game for that kick ??

......he'll probably never be heard from again ! (and not because Hull are gonna get relegated either! ;))
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #102: Apr 26, 2009 01:20:55 am
      GREAT RESULT. 3-1 WIN.

Terrible result. 5-2 scum win.

That is all we can do now. Keep on winning until the end.

Even if we have to go down, we will go down FIGHTING until the end. Well done guys, YOU"LL NEVER WALK ALONE.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #103: Apr 26, 2009 02:56:26 am
      Yeah. On a positive side its another 3 points to keep the pressure on United, but the scum won too.

Isn't too arsed about it just yet because the season is not over yet. They've got Boro at Riverside, we lost there, City, Wigan, Arsenal and Hull. Anything can happen. For all you know they might draw 3 and thats it.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #104: Apr 26, 2009 04:56:43 am
      Happy with the Liverpool win ...upset that the Spuds gave up a two goal lead to let the scum win ! but I think United can drop points at Arsenal ( loose ) and Man City (draw) and Wigan ( draw) . But the most important thing is that we have to keep on wining and play will pride , otherwise we can only blame ourselves . About the match Xabi scored a stunner ,Mashc's free kick decision was the correct one I don't see why Hull were so upset about anyways all the decisions made by the ref today were correct and nobody should be complaining . Dirk and Yossi both had great performances today but Arby and Pepe were pretty shaky today ... when ever the ball would enter the 6-yard area they looked quite nervous ........good performance by Insua as well but Nando could've done better though . The only thing that really ticked me off was at the end of the game when the commentators said that Hull deserved a draw and Liverpool did not deserve to win . Great perforce by the team as a whole today ! Walk On Redmen ! With belief we can win the title ! YNWA!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #105: Apr 26, 2009 05:22:53 am
      Defence was a little shaky at times. Especially Skrtel and Arbeloa. Arbeloa was great going forward but dire and poor, clueless in defence. He needs a massive lift I reckon. Insua turning in another mature performances, bar the ambitious 35 yard hits. Always hardworking down that left flank, sends in accurate crosses but sometimes I reckon we need to do more than that. Its not just about crossing and crossing, but getting th best of the ball that you have.

Alonso wasn't his usual patrolling self, little suspect there by Marney. And Torres looks ever so threatening when he gets the ball. Positive performance from Kuyt scoring 2 goals in the process.

And another + performance from Rafa, settled the team well down after a hurried start and scored the 3 points. Even if we do not win the title, we are on course for one of our best points finish.

Cannot be faulted.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #106: Apr 26, 2009 12:58:35 pm
      It wasn't pretty but we did what we had to do and came away from a tricky place with the 3 points.

Pity Nando couldn't add to his goal tally but so happy to see Xabi get on the scoresheet with another one of his crackers and for Dirky boy to get a double on his 100th League appearance.

Well in lads, keep the faith like the majority of us. You never know anything can happen. We all have seen first hand how many times there have been twists and turns in this Title Race. It could still happen ...let's just hope the turns can go in our favour for the remainder of the season.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #107: Apr 26, 2009 02:00:41 pm
      It wasn't pretty but we did what we had to do and came away from a tricky place with the 3 points.

Pity Nando couldn't add to his goal tally but so happy to see Xabi get on the scoresheet with another one of his crackers and for Dirky boy to get a double on his 100th League appearance.

Well in lads, keep the faith like the majority of us. You never know anything can happen. We all have seen first hand how many times there have been twists and turns in this Title Race. It could still happen ...let's just hope the turns can go in our favour for the remainder of the season.

Sums it up well Aussie, we didn't play well, but we still scored three and improved our goal difference.

Can't ask any more at this stage of the season except to win each match as it comes. I don't think playing on a part-time rugby league pitch brings out the best of a world class passing side anyway! ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #108: Apr 26, 2009 02:00:56 pm
      Still buzzing after this win, another one of our below par performances this season but another three points in that performance. Passing was off by a long shot on many occasions, but three points at the end of the day are all that matters. At this stage of the season, we don't need to be the prettiest side on the day just the one that comes away with maximum points and yesterday we did just that.

It's also great to see goals coming from around the park rather than just Stevie or Nando. Really happy to see the likes of Xabi get on the scoresheet because for a man of  his quality he should be doing it more often.

Roll on Newcastle.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #109: Apr 26, 2009 02:01:38 pm
      hopefully hull will need to beat united last game of the season to stay up :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #110: Apr 26, 2009 02:02:20 pm
      We did what we have to do but I don't belive that we will win the tittle.We can cosider ourselves 6 points behind and with just 4 games to play I don't think F*cking manure will drop any point.

You still make me laugh, Goldton! :D

Why the F**k do you keep the text "This is our Year" under your avatar if you think it's already over? ::)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #111: Apr 26, 2009 02:38:52 pm
      You still make me laugh, Goldton! :D

Why the f**k do you keep the text "This is our Year" under your avatar if you think it's already over? ::)

couldn't agree more. :P
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #112: Apr 26, 2009 03:08:06 pm
      Nevertheless, it was still a win for us no matter what the scum did after that. Please don't consider ourself not winning the title this year. We'll never know what will happen next. Just keep on winning games and eventhough if we lost the war we should consider ourself very proud of our lads. They sure give the scum one hell of a fight till the end.

Quick Reply