Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

FORMULA 1 2024

Read 2154 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Re: FORMULA 1 2024
      Reply #23: Mar 02, 2024 10:04:29 pm
      They have to surly? The sport is becoming a laughing stock and turning viewers away as it’s so boring. Formula 1 threads use to be so popular but now they’ve become boring because it’s no long entertaining for the neutrals.

Ps. You just know that daft kunt in the water going to respond with we wasn’t complaining when Lewis was doing it but under different circumstances. 😂

As is natural Keith. But the thing is I'd say only 3 of his titles were won at a canter. 2020 (a fun season because COVID meant we got to go back to Nurburgring, Imola and Portugal), 2019 and 2015. 2014, 2017 and 2018 saw him battling with Nico and Seb. It was only in the crux of those latter two seasons against Seb that Lewis really pulled out all the stops with some top level driving.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2024 05:35:32 pm
      It's the Verstappens against Horner. Who will prevail??

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: Mar 03, 2024 06:00:14 pm
      It's the Verstappens against Horner. Who will prevail??

Couldn’t believe the comments I read Frankly 😂 If one has to go can’t see it being Stappen can you?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #26: Mar 03, 2024 06:49:01 pm
      Couldn’t believe the comments I read Frankly 😂 If one has to go can’t see it being Stappen can you?

As annoying as Horner can be, I think it'd be a disgrace to see him shunted from a team that he helped build to domination of what has been a stellar 20 years as boss. The leaked messages are cringey but nothing more than that.

Jos Verstappen is a piece of work. It beggars belief that a man with a violent and criminal history should walk the pit lane as if he's a prince.

The rumours of him talking to Wolff at Mercedes are disappointing as well. Max is the hottest ticket in town - who wouldn't want him driving for them? But f1 teams should be warned - if Max comes with Jos and co in tow then they'll regret it based on recent behaviour.

Perhaps Christian can instruct Sergio Perez to mow him down in the pit lane next week in Saudi Arabia? Harsh? Given that's what Jos once did to his girlfriend I'm sure he couldn't complain. A despicable c**t of a human being. And that sweaty bigot Marko isn't much better.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Mar 03, 2024 06:55:24 pm
      As annoying as Horner can be, I think it'd be a disgrace to see him shunted from a team that he helped build to domination of what has been a stellar 20 years as boss. The leaked messages are cringey but nothing more than that.

Jos Verstappen is a piece of work. It beggars belief that a man with a violent and criminal history should walk the pit lane as if he's a prince.

The rumours of him talking to Wolff at Mercedes are disappointing as well. Max is the hottest ticket in town - who wouldn't want him driving for them? But f1 teams should be warned - if Max comes with Jos and co in tow then they'll regret it based on recent behaviour.

Perhaps Christian can instruct Sergio Perez to mow him down in the pit lane next week in Saudi Arabia? Harsh? Given that's what Jos once did to his girlfriend I'm sure he couldn't complain. A despicable c**t of a human being. And that sweaty bigot Marko isn't much better.

I just can’t see Red a bull putting Horner before Max. Problem is Max won’t go against his dad will he. On a personal note I’d like to see Jos gone anyway. However, if that happens Max goes also. Plenty going to be going on in the next week or so for sure, this story won’t be going away. Better than the racing on track isn’t it. 😂
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #28: Mar 03, 2024 07:16:00 pm
      I just can’t see Red a bull putting Horner before Max. Problem is Max won’t go against his dad will he. On a personal note I’d like to see Jos gone anyway. However, if that happens Max goes also. Plenty going to be going on in the next week or so for sure, this story won’t be going away. Better than the racing on track isn’t it. 😂

Ha ha, that's what I was thinking. If only the action on track was as good as this!   :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #29: Mar 04, 2024 07:41:15 pm
      WT Hell is going on?

So many twitter rumours, it's like transfer deadline day and the Babel 'copter.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #30: Mar 04, 2024 08:43:40 pm
      WT Hell is going on?

So many twitter rumours, it's like transfer deadline day and the Babel 'copter.

I'm not on twitter - anything salacious being reported???
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #31: Mar 04, 2024 09:00:38 pm
      I'm not on twitter - anything salacious being reported???

Mohammed Ben Sulayem: FIA president under investigation for alleged attempt to interfere over F1 race

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

There's  this one for starters, and the Horner thing is kicking off again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: Mar 04, 2024 09:18:02 pm
      Mohammed Ben Sulayem: FIA president under investigation for alleged attempt to interfere over F1 race

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

There's  this one for starters, and the Horner thing is kicking off again.

Better than racing on the track for sure  :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #33: Mar 04, 2024 09:19:47 pm
      Better than racing on the track for sure  :lmao:

Can't argue with that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #34: Mar 09, 2024 05:15:33 pm
      Lance Stroll - deary me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #35: Mar 09, 2024 05:38:48 pm
      Terrific defensive driving from Hamilton against Piastri. Planting his car bang middle of the track - wily, wise Lewis. It's sh*t not seeing him compete for wins but these GPs are good for keeping his racecraft sharp. The small things still matter. Sheer class.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #36: Mar 24, 2024 01:14:38 pm
      What a phenomenal victory by Carlos Sainz. There's a man undeserving of losing his seat at Ferrari and if anyone is sensible at Red Bull or Merc, they'd snap him up immediately.

Alonso's behaviour has much to be desired though. Brake testing Russell in a fast and dangerous part of the race track, and causing a big accident for George as a result. Fernando's not stupid and he knew what he was doing - his intention was to make George go off road. And boy did he succeed.

Disgraceful driving and one that was not given the penalty it deserved. A one race ban would have been much more proportionate than the paltry 20 second time penalty he received.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #37: Mar 24, 2024 02:44:44 pm
      Alonso always had that Jekyll & Hyde character which will never change. 🤦‍♂️ Plenty of previous also. He’s always got away with far too much over the years.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #38: Mar 24, 2024 05:13:45 pm
      That was very poor from Alonso.

Equally poor not to red flag it as well.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Mar 25, 2024 07:46:32 am
      What a phenomenal victory by Carlos Sainz. There's a man undeserving of losing his seat at Ferrari and if anyone is sensible at Red Bull or Merc, they'd snap him up immediately.

Alonso's behaviour has much to be desired though. Brake testing Russell in a fast and dangerous part of the race track, and causing a big accident for George as a result. Fernando's not stupid and he knew what he was doing - his intention was to make George go off road. And boy did he succeed.

Disgraceful driving and one that was not given the penalty it deserved. A one race ban would have been much more proportionate than the paltry 20 second time penalty he received.

Brake testing is nothing new. Alonso didn’t mean to wreck Russell just to make him brake and lose momentum to keep his place.

What a drive by Sainz.
      I think Ferrari are making a mistake. He’ll have his choice of drives next season at this rate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Mar 25, 2024 08:12:33 am
      Brake testing is nothing new. Alonso didn’t mean to wreck Russell just to make him brake and lose momentum to keep his place.

What a drive by Sainz.
      I think Ferrari are making a mistake. He’ll have his choice of drives next season at this rate.

Bloody hell racer 😂  Just because it’s nothing new doesn’t make it right. Alonso was on the back foot with Russell at the perfect spot when coming out of the turn to take him. Alonso knew this and made sure it wasn’t possible so purposely break tested him. It could have ended up with a fatality with Russell’s car in the middle of the track.

20 seconds wasn’t enough, he wouldn’t be racing in the next for me I’d ban him. Having previous doesn’t do him any favours. It’s quite frustrating as over the last 15 months I’ve enjoyed watching him, sadly going back to his old tricks.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Mar 25, 2024 08:24:08 am
      Bloody hell racer 😂  Just because it’s nothing new doesn’t make it right. Alonso was on the back foot with Russell at the perfect spot when coming out of the turn to take him. Alonso knew this and made sure it wasn’t possible so purposely break tested him. It could have ended up with a fatality with Russell’s car in the middle of the track.

20 seconds wasn’t enough, he wouldn’t be racing in the next for me I’d ban him. Having previous doesn’t do him any favours. It’s quite frustrating as over the last 15 months I’ve enjoyed watching him, sadly going back to his old tricks.

Brundle wrecked Barrichello in 95 doing the same thing and nothing happened.

Guess I should think less of Brundle too then
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Mar 25, 2024 09:01:22 am
      Brundle wrecked Barrichello in 95 doing the same thing and nothing happened.

Guess I should think less of Brundle too then

Yes you should, Russell was shitting himself, he was a sitting duck crying red flag red flag. However, Brundle didn’t have a checkered pass like Alonso.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #43: Mar 25, 2024 03:46:27 pm

What a drive by Sainz.

I'm sure he didn't mean to leave Russell in the state he did but his intention was definitely to get him off his back. And ultimately, his driving did leave Russell in that very state. He's lucky there wasn't a car behind Russell that smashed into the side of the stationery Merc. I think his defence on twitter in the aftermath was pathetic as well.

He strikes me as a bit of a desperado who probably knows his time is up in f1. Can't resist a headline hogging claim about this, that or the next thing. Continually overestimates his achievements in a car where Lance Stroll is his benchmark...he's not kidding anyone on. He strikes me as a bitter man who's attitude ultimately left him reeling as an underachiever in f1. He had the racing skill to be at least a 5x (and more) world champion but the attitude of someone deserving of 0. On that evaluation, twice world champion is probably all he merits.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #44: Mar 25, 2024 07:41:21 pm
      Always been a big Sainz fan and agree with Racer he'll not be short of offers next season.

You could put an arguement that he's the stronger driver between him and LeClerc.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45: Mar 25, 2024 08:11:14 pm
      Always been a big Sainz fan and agree with Racer he'll not be short of offers next season.

You could put an arguement that he's the stronger driver between him and LeClerc.

He's not as good as LeClerc for me Si. 

Quick Reply