Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Golf

Read 45360 times
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,640 posts | 2001 
      Re: Golf
      Reply #375: May 31, 2015 05:15:02 am
      On my way now to Newcastle for the final days play.

Local interest is all but gone with Padraig having a nightmare yesterday and even McDowell's -2 leaves him too much to do I feel.

Conditions are going to be tough again with rain and wind so another interesting days golf is ahead.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #376: Jun 22, 2015 03:35:31 am
      One of the best finishes to the U.S. Open. Spieth wins after Dustin Johnson 3-putt chokes the 18th!
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,640 posts | 2001 
      Reply #377: Jun 22, 2015 11:18:36 am
      One of the best finishes to the U.S. Open. Spieth wins after Dustin Johnson 3-putt chokes the 18th!

Gutted I missed it Crouchy.

Speith is going to be one special player.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #378: Jun 23, 2015 10:00:38 am
      Gutted I missed it Crouchy.

Speith is going to be one special player.

Gutted for you mate. Was an amazing day.

Spieth was the first of the overnight leaders to drop a shot when he 3 putt the second, then Johnson looked like he was going to run away with it then double bogied midway and then Grace looked like he would win it.

Feel sorry for Jason Day. Again! Yet another promising position slips but can't blame him this time. Credit for even stepping out and finishing the course.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,384 posts | 3933 
      Reply #379: Aug 10, 2015 10:10:42 am
      Well done to Shane Lowry who won the Bridgestone tournament last night.  Seems a proper character.  He doesn't get any FedEx cup points from it but it does get him a PGA Tour Card for 3 years and he says he is going to try and play both that and the European Tour.

Think he'd be a great character on a European Ryder Cup team in the future.

Well in.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #380: Aug 16, 2015 08:17:10 pm
      Final day at Wisconsin.

Had Day at 12/1 start of the tournament and he leads by 3 after birdying the 2nd after finding the bunker on his 2nd shot.

Spieth 3 behind. Grace has birdied 11 of the last 26 holes with no bogies so he's coming home strong, too. Set for a cracker finish.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #381: Aug 16, 2015 08:27:53 pm
      Spieth hits one back and Day saves par after a wayward tee shot. They've come to play!
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #382: Aug 16, 2015 08:46:09 pm
      Brandon Grace is absolutely flying. He's at -14 after 5 holes.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,520 posts | 707 
      Reply #383: Aug 16, 2015 09:01:23 pm
      Would love to see Jason Day win tonight.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #384: Aug 16, 2015 09:09:27 pm
      Would love to see Jason Day win tonight.

Same! ;D

Going to be very tough. Unlike some of the other majors he's gone close in, everyone is playing very well here and making shots not simply surviving by making par most of the time.

Grace, Rose and Spieth are playing superbly.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #385: Aug 16, 2015 09:10:51 pm
      Jesus Christ. Branden Grace is at -16!!! He's -13 over the last 29 holes.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,520 posts | 707 
      Reply #386: Aug 16, 2015 09:12:42 pm
      Same! ;D

Going to be very tough. Unlike some of the other majors he's gone close in, everyone is playing very well here and making shots not simply surviving by making par most of the time.

Grace, Rose and Spieth are playing superbly.

Yeah, you've got to keep making shots if you want a chance. Day has started well though which is always a good sign.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #387: Aug 16, 2015 09:14:47 pm
      Yeah, you've got to keep making shots if you want a chance. Day has started well though which is always a good sign.

Sunk some clutch puts from dodgy positions. Back 9 is going to be so good to watch.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #388: Aug 16, 2015 09:24:08 pm
      NO WAY JASON DAY!!!! What a f**king putt.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #389: Aug 16, 2015 11:08:14 pm
      Day just coming up big! -20 after the 14th and four shots clear of Spieth.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,455 posts | 748 
      Reply #390: Aug 21, 2015 09:50:30 pm
      Nice to see Tiget playing well  nice eagle .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,384 posts | 3933 
      Reply #391: Aug 22, 2015 11:34:25 pm
      Nice to see Tiget playing well  nice eagle .

He struggled a bit on day 3.  Didn't play badly, just had some long putts that he struggled to bag the birdies for.

Still in there.  Not sure he's got enough to make up the two shots to win this tournament and get into the FedEx cup playoffs but irrespective of all his past it would be good to see him get back to being a contender - would be good to see an old(ish) fella taking on the Speiths, McIlroys and Days next season.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,455 posts | 748 
      Reply #392: Aug 23, 2015 10:11:48 am
      He struggled a bit on day 3.  Didn't play badly, just had some long putts that he struggled to bag the birdies for.

Still in there.  Not sure he's got enough to make up the two shots to win this tournament and get into the FedEx cup playoffs but irrespective of all his past it would be good to see him get back to being a contender - would be good to see an old(ish) fella taking on the Speiths, McIlroys and Days next season.
      Couldn't agree more , seems to have a bit of the swagger back though you can see what it means .
      Needs a clean injury free run , don't think he'll ever get back to the top but it would be nice to see him competing with the young guns , and thats irrespective of what he done in his private life because everyone deserves one of them .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,384 posts | 3933 
      Reply #393: Aug 27, 2015 03:56:14 pm
      Fed Ex Cup starts today.  Top 125 golfers of the year in a four tournament playoff for the top prize.

PGA Champion and TEN MILLION DOLLARS!

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,640 posts | 2001 
      Reply #394: Sep 20, 2015 11:15:38 pm
      Had a great day out today as a visitor in our local golf society my brother is a member of and played for the first time at Royal County Down.

Not the Championship links but the second Annesley course which although much shorter is still a tough challenge and has the best views in golf.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #395: Sep 20, 2015 11:29:03 pm
      Had a great day out today as a visitor in our local golf society my brother is a member of and played for the first time at Royal County Down.

Not the Championship links but the second Annesley course which although much shorter is still a tough challenge and has the best views in golf.

I'm amazing at golf, well crazy golf anyway, was it goes beyond pitch and putt range I'm sh*te but always good for a laugh and the odd absolute howler. Went to school with Lee Slattery though who is apparently doing pretty good these days, I was more interested in his sister though.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,640 posts | 2001 
      Reply #396: Sep 20, 2015 11:34:23 pm
      I'm amazing at golf, well crazy golf anyway, was it goes beyond pitch and putt range I'm sh*te but always good for a laugh and the odd absolute howler. Went to school with Lee Slattery though who is apparently doing pretty good these days, I was more interested in his sister though.

I used to play Luke but am only getting back into it this year and am basically a beginner again. Finished last today but I enjoy the day out on the cousre and the craic with the lads and am joining the society for next year as they only go out once a month so it's a nice schedule to fit in.

Anyone with even a passing interest in playing the game and happens to be in Newcastle County Down simply can't pass up the opportunity of playing at RCD even if it is only on the second course. You need to have plenty of spare cash to play a round on the Championship links but if you're loaded then that would be even better.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #397: Sep 20, 2015 11:43:02 pm
      I used to play Luke but am only getting back into it this year and am basically a beginner again. Finished last today but I enjoy the day out on the cousre and the craic with the lads and am joining the society for next year as they only go out once a month so it's a nice schedule to fit in.

Anyone with even a passing interest in playing the game and happens to be in Newcastle County Down simply can't pass up the opportunity of playing at RCD even if it is only on the second course. You need to have plenty of spare cash to play a round on the Championship links but if you're loaded then that would be even better.

My Mum is Irish so I get over there now and I again mate but will admit this wouldn't be something that interests me too much. I do love the country though and the view you've uploaded there is gorgeous.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,520 posts | 707 
      Reply #398: Apr 10, 2016 10:50:30 pm
      Danny Willett leading the Masters from Lee Westwood!

Spieth having a meltdown.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,640 posts | 2001 
      Reply #399: Apr 11, 2016 12:07:29 am
      Great stuff from Danny Willett.

Had a feeling he might do well before the Masters but never actually thought he's go on and win it.

Quick Reply