Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Golf

Read 111885 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Golf
      Reply #575: Apr 19, 2022 03:38:31 pm
      What’s your take on the new handicapping system? I’ve no longer a official handicap dew to long time out of the game. However as you’ll know you can get a online app called VPAR ( no reference to VAR  :lmao: )

My handicap before I played yesterday  was 18. As you know I shot a 95 which is 24 over for the course. There’s no SSS coz was just a friendly game with my son. I put the score in the app ( doubled checked ) and now have a new handicap of 16  :dunceblock: :dunceblock:

What’s your take on this coz I can’t work it out.  :lmao:

Still waiting for your opinion Pj?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #576: Apr 19, 2022 03:44:30 pm
      managed to play golf saturday after I was at a thrash metal gig friday night. and yea the golf suffered, shot 52 for 9 holes, never botherwed with the 2nd 9, went home to watch the mighty reds in the cup. :-)

Must say our greens are a mess so not even official medals yet. So not too fussed.

Hoping for better this weekend, although out on the sauce friday again.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #577: Apr 19, 2022 03:53:42 pm
      managed to play golf saturday after I was at a thrash metal gig friday night. and yea the golf suffered, shot 52 for 9 holes, never botherwed with the 2nd 9, went home to watch the mighty reds in the cup. :-)

Must say our greens are a mess so not even official medals yet. So not too fussed.

Hoping for better this weekend, although out on the sauce friday again.  :lmao:

The sauce won’t do you much good Brez unless your on the Shandy  :lmao: Where do you play?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #578: Apr 19, 2022 04:02:37 pm
      The sauce won’t do you much good Brez unless your on the Shandy  :lmao: Where do you play?

this is very true. ;D

A wee course called strathclyde park.

very tricky 9 holes, so we have to play twice for medals.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #579: Apr 19, 2022 04:07:24 pm
      this is very true. ;D

A wee course called strathclyde park.

very tricky 9 holes, so we have to play twice for medals.

Golf never easy in those neck of the woods.  ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #580: Apr 19, 2022 04:25:26 pm
      Golf never easy in those neck of the woods.  ;D

Folk think because its just 9 holes and not very long its easy, but there OB or serious rough all the way round the course on your right, so if you slice your in trouble, even on the left most holes have trees and sh1t.

Very easy to fek a good round up very quickly. ;D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #581: Apr 19, 2022 04:28:04 pm
      Folk think because its just 9 holes and not very long its easy, but there OB or serious rough all the way round the course on your right, so if you slice your in trouble, even on the left most holes have trees and sh1t.

Very easy to fek a good round up very quickly. ;D

They all come hard to me now.  ;D I’m happy getting round in one piece  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #582: Apr 19, 2022 05:05:00 pm
      They all come hard to me now.  ;D I’m happy getting round in one piece  :lmao:

:-) L O L
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #583: Apr 19, 2022 05:59:47 pm
      What’s your take on the new handicapping system? I’ve no longer a official handicap dew to long time out of the game. However as you’ll know you can get a online app called VPAR ( no reference to VAR  :lmao: )

My handicap before I played yesterday  was 18. As you know I shot a 95 which is 24 over for the course. There’s no SSS coz was just a friendly game with my son. I put the score in the app ( doubled checked ) and now have a new handicap of 16  :dunceblock: :dunceblock:

What’s your take on this coz I can’t work it out.  :lmao:

The new system will look at your best 8 rounds out of 20 and give you a HI from that - if you have less than 20 it reduces the amount you have that qualify fie HC - if you have only three or four for example it will take the best one and give you that - it works well for people playjng regularly
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #584: Apr 19, 2022 06:05:30 pm
      The new system will look at your best 8 rounds out of 20 and give you a HI from that - if you have less than 20 it reduces the amount you have that qualify fie HC - if you have only three or four for example it will take the best one and give you that - it works well for people playjng regularly

;D I know that just wondered what your thoughts were on it not the ruling. Even the way it’s implemented it’s so so aggressive and not really a lover of it. How does the handicapper work at your club? Also do they still use clause 19 for the high category golfers? 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #585: Apr 19, 2022 07:31:35 pm
      ;D I know that just wondered what your thoughts were on it not the ruling. Even the way it’s implemented it’s so so aggressive and not really a lover of it. How does the handicapper work at your club? Also do they still use clause 19 for the high category golfers?

No need for any clauses and the system works fine now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #586: Apr 19, 2022 07:33:00 pm
      No need for any clauses and the system works fine now

Strange answer.  :D You do know what clause 19 means don’t you?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #587: Apr 19, 2022 07:36:47 pm
      Strange answer.  :D You do know what clause 19 means don’t you?

Yes I know exactly and what’s strange about it ?

Have you even bothered to look at the WHS manual
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #588: Apr 19, 2022 07:38:16 pm
      Yes I know exactly and what’s strange about it ?

Have you even bothered to look at the WHS manual

Being ex handicapper had all the books coz I’m a rules freak. What’s clause 19?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #589: Apr 19, 2022 07:40:35 pm
      I have quite a few mates who still play at Wallasey very low handicappers one a Pro who I took many many lessons from. Once that wind blows you can kiss your handicap goodbye.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #590: Apr 19, 2022 07:44:31 pm
      Being ex handicapper had all the books coz I’m a rules freak. What’s clause 19?

Well first of all it’s Clause 19.8 - if you are going to look for arguments at least get the details right

And it’s a Stableford adjustment to a score when playing medal format ( Nett differential)

Have a read of the new stuff to help educate yourself a bit more now

https://www.englandgolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/WHS-Rules-Reference-Guide.pdf

If you need to see where it’s changed let me know and I’ll point you to the right page
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #591: Apr 19, 2022 07:48:57 pm
      Well first of all it’s Clause 19.8 - if you are going to look for arguments at least get the details right

And it’s a Stableford adjustment to a score when playing medal format ( Nett differential)

Have a read of the new stuff to help educate yourself a bit more now

https://www.englandgolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/WHS-Rules-Reference-Guide.pdf

If you need to see where it’s changed let me know and I’ll point you to the right page

;D don’t know where your coming from re argument? Don’t let paranoia get the better of you your better than that. I merely ask because you play to a very high level.

Chill.  :f_doh:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #592: May 20, 2022 03:55:31 pm
      USPGA up and running. Macca made a good start. Woods +4. Justin Thomas my pick -4.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #593: May 20, 2022 04:11:50 pm
      I’m on Niemann & Smith to win a major this year. Also backed Spieth.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #594: May 20, 2022 06:24:32 pm
      Woods comes walking out of the club house. Commentator said looks as if he's walking comfotably ok...!

We've all watched Woods over the years and he is NOT walking in comfort..he is almost limping. He's 4+ and the leader ar the end of second round will be -7 -8ish...so Woods will miss the cut. Obviously we admire his bravery but watching him struggle is not what I enjoy on any level.

Be interesting to see how Macca copes if he's in with a shout. This season he has to reset back to where he was 3/4 years ago.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #595: May 20, 2022 07:33:00 pm
      Woods comes walking out of the club house. Commentator said looks as if he's walking comfotably ok...!

We've all watched Woods over the years and he is NOT walking in comfort..he is almost limping. He's 4+ and the leader ar the end of second round will be -7 -8ish...so Woods will miss the cut. Obviously we admire his bravery but watching him struggle is not what I enjoy on any level.

Be interesting to see how Macca copes if he's in with a shout. This season he has to reset back to where he was 3/4 years ago.

When Woods finished his round yesterday he looked well fu**ed and don’t expect him to make the cut tonite.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #596: May 21, 2022 10:54:35 am
      When Woods finished his round yesterday he looked well fu**ed and don’t expect him to make the cut tonite.

Well done Tiger, he is like us Reds never known when he is beaten.  :f_whistle:
      I'm on Rory @12's places 1 to 8 e/w so hopefully a small profit if he doesn't win.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #597: May 21, 2022 01:02:43 pm
      Well done Tiger, he is like us Reds never known when he is beaten.  :f_whistle:
      I'm on Rory @12's places 1 to 8 e/w so hopefully a small profit if he doesn't win.

God now how he did it, quite remarkable when you consider his body is fcuked.  :(

Quick Reply