Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Golf

Read 111892 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Re: Golf
      Reply #736: Mar 25, 2023 07:41:13 am
      Rory's natural talent will always give him a chance of winning. But serial winners are made of something else; namely a pathological hatred of losing...they win because they won't or can't accept losing. We've seen it multiple times, with multiple players...Tiger...Ronald o...Stephen Hendry...they're almost sick if they lose....so they don't, whereas Rory comes second now and again, smiles takes the cheque and moves on.

Pure nonsense

Three reactions tell thatā€™s complete tripe

1. The tears and upset after the Ryder Cup defeat at Whistling Straits

2. The ripping of the shirt after DP World Tour Championship

3. Being inconsolable after St Andrews

Rory wants to win and nothing else , everything he does is to try and win majors , he isnā€™t happy with second place
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #737: Mar 25, 2023 07:52:59 am

Think I remember you saying you play off  ( not sure ) around 1 handicap donā€™t you Pj 😱

Any chance you can post your distances ( carry ) for your clubs through the bag  please? I love all the ins and outs of golf and itā€™s great getting back into it all. Iā€™ve rounded my numbers up as not had my new Ping 430s long enough yet. Not forgetting Iā€™m simply not good enough to hit accurate distances every time. Also the cold weather means they donā€™t go as far just yet.

Being off a low handicap please assess mine. 🤣 Remember Iā€™ve only put one card in so far for handicap.

Wedges.
      58- 80
      54-90
      50-100
      45-110

Irons.
      9-130
      8-140
      7-160

Hybrids.
      7H - 150
      5H - 170
      4H - 185
      3H - 195.

Driver - 220

I know thereā€™s a gap with 7/8 irons that donā€™t make sense currently but still in early stages and bit confused myself there, that or just not got it right yet.

Bought a new Paradym x Driver last week with slight shorter shaft. Going better than my old Titlilist but still the hardest club in the bag for me. 😩

Playing off around 1 your driver must be around 270? Or maybe in the 300 club? 😂

Ps.. My distances are carry only.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #738: Mar 25, 2023 08:04:31 am
      Think I remember you saying you play off  ( not sure ) around 1 handicap donā€™t you Pj 😱

Any chance you can post your distances ( carry ) for your clubs through the bag  please? I love all the ins and outs of golf and itā€™s great getting back into it all. Iā€™ve rounded my numbers up as not had my new Ping 430s long enough yet. Not forgetting Iā€™m simply not good enough to hit accurate distances every time. Also the cold weather means they donā€™t go as far just yet.

Being off a low handicap please assess mine. 🤣 Remember Iā€™ve only put one card in so far for handicap.

Wedges.
      58- 80
      54-90
      50-100
      45-110

Irons.
      9-130
      8-140
      7-160

Hybrids.
      7H - 150
      5H - 170
      4H - 185
      3H - 195.

Driver - 220

I know thereā€™s a gap with 7/8 irons that donā€™t make sense currently but still in early stages and bit confused myself there, that or just not got it right yet.

Bought a new Paradym x Driver last week with slight shorter shaft. Going better than my old Titlilist but still the hardest club in the bag for me. 😩

Playing off around 1 your driver must be around 270? Or maybe in the 300 club? 😂

Ps.. My distances are carry only.

Those distances are all over the place

If you hit a 7 iron 160 but can only hit driver 220 ?! Something isnā€™t right there

As for my distances - no idea tbh

Driver is around 260-270

Then 3W 220-230

5 wood around 210

The irons are around 10 yard gaps from 3i at around 200-210 to a 58 at around 90
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #739: Mar 25, 2023 08:08:51 am
      Those distances are all over the place

If you hit a 7 iron 160 but can only hit driver 220 ?! Something isnā€™t right there

As for my distances - no idea tbh

Driver is around 260-270

Then 3W 220-230

5 wood around 210

The irons are around 10 yard gaps from 3i at around 200-210 to a 58 at around 90
      Driver worse club in bag remember, majority of the time I hit it near top of club.  :f_doh:
      I did state new clubs and still working it out PJ 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø I know Iā€™m not a single figure handicapper. Be more than happy with a teen handicap when my 3 cards are complete.

Iā€™d of thought youā€™d know all your distances, obviously not as geeky as me.  :lmao:

What clubs do you use Pj.
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2023 08:31:54 am by Keith Singleton »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,979 posts | 666 
      Reply #740: Mar 25, 2023 10:29:54 am
      Pure nonsense

Three reactions tell thatā€™s complete tripe

1. The tears and upset after the Ryder Cup defeat at Whistling Straits

2. The ripping of the shirt after DP World Tour Championship

3. Being inconsolable after St Andrews

Rory wants to win and nothing else , everything he does is to try and win majors , he isnā€™t happy with second place
      Of course he wants to win, but that's not the same as not accepting defeat. Of course he's unhappy to not win..Tears, ripped shirt etc.....but I'm talking about those who if they lose are actually sick and will want to smash up a Ā£200K Ferrari.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #741: Mar 25, 2023 10:33:52 am
      Of course he wants to win, but that's not the same as not accepting defeat. Of course he's unhappy to not win..Tears, ripped shirt etc.....but I'm talking about those who if they lose are actually sick and will want to smash up a Ā£200K Ferrari.

He doesnā€™t accept defeat

The game has changed a lot since Woods was at his peak

There a lot more high quality golfers playing the game , Woods had the tournament won most of the times before he teed up

But Rory when he plays faces multiple high quality players

Itā€™s very clear though that he doesnā€™t accept defeat and his drive to win overbears any financial rewards

There are players that do just canter through each comp picking up cheques as they go along but not the likes of Rory

He could have gone to LIV and got himself a cool Ā£300mil plus
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #742: Mar 25, 2023 10:41:29 am
      Driver worse club in bag remember, majority of the time I hit it near top of club.  :f_doh:
      I did state new clubs and still working it out PJ 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø I know Iā€™m not a single figure handicapper. Be more than happy with a teen handicap when my 3 cards are complete.

Iā€™d of thought youā€™d know all your distances, obviously not as geeky as me.  :lmao:

What clubs do you use Pj.

Nah nowhere near a geek , more of a feel and flow , trying not to have too much clutter when thinking too much about numbers etc

Currently I have

Driver - TM SIM

3 Wood and 5 Wood Stealth

3i P790 Utility Iron

4-PW - Titleist T100s

50 , 54 and 58 - Vokey SM9ā€™s

Couple of Putter - Scotty Newport and a TM Spider X
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #743: Mar 25, 2023 10:55:51 am
      Only played the par 3 courses last year. I would only get max 120 out of a 7 iron. 160 would be a 5 all day long for me. I would be fairly confident of hitting 180-200 carry with a driver. My short game isn't too bad.

Lessons probably wouldn't help me a great deal as I'm not a regular player. Confidence is key with me, if I feel relaxed i can play the 9 hole par 3 in 31-34/5...my best ever was 30.

Over the years just didn't have the time to improve and when I did play it was more of a social thing than a full on competitive battle.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #744: Mar 25, 2023 11:43:35 am
      Looking forward to the Masters. liv golfers involved. They had a thing going on in Tucson, some kind of team game thing. So many past major winners from Liv coming into it. Always liked Micho but he's probably not in contention. Johnson is a big danger. Smith,Niemann, De Cham, Koepka. Any of them could win it obviously. Hard to know if Liv golf has taken a slight edge off any of them.

Don't know if Tiger will be playing, if he does he'll probably be even money to miss the cut. I'm still considering my picks. It's the Texas open next week but a lot of the big names won't be there. See how Macca and one or two others finish the matchplay.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #745: Mar 25, 2023 11:48:21 am
      Looking forward to the Masters. liv golfers involved. They had a thing going on in Tucson, some kind of team game thing. So many past major winners from Liv coming into it. Always liked Micho but he's probably not in contention. Johnson is a big danger. Smith,Niemann, De Cham, Koepka. Any of them could win it obviously. Hard to know if Liv golf has taken a slight edge off any of them.

Don't know if Tiger will be playing, if he does he'll probably be even money to miss the cut. I'm still considering my picks. It's the Texas open next week but a lot of the big names won't be there. See how Macca and one or two others finish the matchplay.

Out of the players coming in from LIV there is prob only DJ and Smith who would have a chance and both of them havenā€™t been great so far

DeShambles canā€™t keep the ball on the fairway

Koepka is mentally shot at the moment

Iā€™ll be surprised if any of the LIV guys are near the top 10

Scheffler is the man to beat , Rory , Rahm and Thomas will be around there

If Rory doesnā€™t win then I think someone like Schuaffle may get his breakthrough
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #746: Mar 25, 2023 12:53:27 pm
      https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/2023/world-golf-championships-dell-technologies-match-play/R2023470/leaderboard?round=Knockouts

Gives yer hole by hole, length of every shot almost, every position almost. Match it up with Sky. Adds extra interest.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #747: Mar 25, 2023 01:03:08 pm

I use the APP 👍

Great to use

Also recommend using The Masters APP when that starts , itā€™s superb
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #748: Mar 25, 2023 01:09:26 pm
      Credit also to Matt kuchar. He won his 36th matchplay tie, equaling Tigers record. Still going strong at 44. Didn't cash in with Liv , so much respect to Kuch.

Will he win here, wouldn't rule it out.If he gets past Day today yer never know.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #749: Mar 25, 2023 01:36:24 pm

Nah nowhere near a geek , more of a feel and flow , trying not to have too much clutter when thinking too much about numbers etc

Currently I have

Driver - TM SIM

3 Wood and 5 Wood Stealth

3i P790 Utility Iron

4-PW - Titleist T100s

50 , 54 and 58 - Vokey SM9ā€™s

Couple of Putter - Scotty Newport and a TM Spider X

Wish I could use a bladed club. I do have a TM Spider though which is one of many putters I have. 😂  I did forget to mention my two vokeys  SM 9  58 & 54. Had two new grips put on today.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #750: Mar 25, 2023 01:39:49 pm
      Only played the par 3 courses last year. I would only get max 120 out of a 7 iron. 160 would be a 5 all day long for me. I would be fairly confident of hitting 180-200 carry with a driver. My short game isn't too bad.

Lessons probably wouldn't help me a great deal as I'm not a regular player. Confidence is key with me, if I feel relaxed i can play the 9 hole par 3 in 31-34/5...my best ever was 30.

Over the years just didn't have the time to improve and when I did play it was more of a social thing than a full on competitive battle.

Iā€™m competitive but my scores just donā€™t match it.  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #751: Mar 25, 2023 02:03:59 pm
      Wish I could use a bladed club. I do have a TM Spider though which is one of many putters I have. 😂  I did forget to mention my two vokeys  SM 9  58 & 54. Had two new grips put on today.

Loads of pros donā€™t use blades , with the way tungsten used in cavities it gives the feel of blade with forgiving of a cavity
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #753: Mar 25, 2023 09:36:16 pm

No where near the luckiest shot ever, lucky bounce off grass yes but the  ones that bounce of rocks are by far the luckiest.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #754: Mar 26, 2023 04:03:57 pm
      Suppose a MaccaV Scheff would be the final many would like to see. Scheff is 2 down, so it might not happen. But surely both will be paired coming down the back 9 in one of the biggies.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #755: Mar 26, 2023 04:08:48 pm
      Suppose a MaccaV Scheff would be the final many would like to see. Scheff is 2 down, so it might not happen. But surely both will be paired coming down the back 9 in one of the biggies.

On paper yes but Scheff 3 down now and Macca 1 down.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #756: Mar 26, 2023 04:38:19 pm
      On paper yes but Scheff 3 down now and Macca 1 down.

Yes both very close now. Macca looks like he could have a big season. Probably 2/3 big seasons. On 4 majors, never won the Masters as we know. Cud it be this year ?

Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #757: Mar 26, 2023 04:55:29 pm
      Scheff friggin' relentless..in a bubble. Very hard to get him to come out of the bubble. Sam Burns is also a great player as well but Scheff just doesn't crack...or so it seems.

Burns has to get a grip..2 down after being 3 up...be all over in 2/3 holes if he doesn't produce something.

Burns done well to get back tied going into 17th. Macca  2 up thru 15. Burns hits dead on 17th...Scheff 17ft 11 inches away..Who would back Scheff to knock it in....missed..1 down going into 18th..just 369 yards..Burns with the driver...just short but no problem..

Scheff...just a few yards behind burns...advantage Burns..Macca now only 1 up thru 16th..

Scheff under pressure..needs to knock it close...great shot..bout 5ft..Burns to chip...right at it but rolls on 10ft or so.

At 17th both on..best put wins..Macca still in the box seat...Burns misses...Scheff to take it to a play off...play off it is...Macca misses...Young...misses. .Macca still 1 up into 18th...

Play off Scheff..par 5 ..both OK..Burns will get free drop from a drain..Young just short..bout 60 yard chip..Macca..in rough..73 yards..Burns on green but way short..Scheff..bit closer..but nothing certain here..Young advantage over Macca..cud be a play off here as well..macca 40 ft...knocks it dead..Young under 8ft.  nails it...play off.

Burns knocks it dead..Scheff misses on to 13th...Scheff 317...playing an iron..looks like a 6..ideal..Burns..takes an iron for position..Young in fairway bunker..Macca..just to side of bunker..
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2023 07:08:12 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #758: Mar 26, 2023 07:10:12 pm
      So Scheff and Burns..in poss A..Macca slight advantage...both play off's....Scheff to play..bout 6ft away..great shot..what has Burns got...12 ft away..advantage Scheff..Young in trouble... Macca ok..just off the green in 2..young to play his 3rd..Burns just short..Scheff...missed it...big surprise..

Young knocks his 3rd to 10-12 ft...Macca has chip..not easy...oooohhh...Macca.. 12 ft as well..putting comp..

Scheff ok...Burns...in the bunker but not as bad as it seems..Young to put..makes it..Macca...misses..Youn g in final..

Young....V....Burns...TH E FINAL

Over to Scheff...14th third extra hole...Burns out of bunker...cracker..bout 10-12 ft..Scheff..ooo...just on the edge but big advantage Burns..

Could be Scheff V Macca..for 3/4th place..Scheff first to play..do well to knock it dead..Scheff...nice still bout 5ft tho..Burns to win...WINS...

I'm having a brew before the final..
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2023 07:31:56 pm by Harrisimo »

Quick Reply