Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Golf

Read 114202 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Golf
      Reply #759: Mar 26, 2023 07:31:15 pm
      Thatā€™s a turn up for the books. Could never of predicted that final. 🤢
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #760: Mar 26, 2023 07:33:18 pm
      Macca looks like he could have a big season. Probably 2/3 big seasons. On 4 majors, never won the Masters as we know. Cud it be this year ?

I hope so even though Iā€™ve backed Rahm  to win a major. 😂
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #761: Mar 26, 2023 07:57:48 pm
      Thatā€™s a turn up for the books. Could never of predicted that final. 🤢

Yeah...deffo won't be giving Radar a match..

Burns looks slight fav..but hard to call..
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #762: Mar 26, 2023 08:04:12 pm
      Off to the airport..try and catch the back 9. Good comp tho. Don't always watch matchplay but I've enjoyed this one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #763: Mar 26, 2023 08:18:40 pm
      Off to the airport..try and catch the back 9. Good comp tho. Don't always watch matchplay but I've enjoyed this one.

Always enjoyed matchplay as you never really out of it as you'll know.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #764: Mar 26, 2023 10:55:11 pm
      Young 5 off the pace. All the drama in the semi's by the look of it. Macca & Scheff probably on auto pilot..
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #765: Mar 26, 2023 11:05:39 pm
      Looks like a 6&5 win for Burns. Bit of an anti climax, still great win for Burns.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #766: Mar 27, 2023 09:20:32 am
      Least Rory beat Scheff, good timing for the Masters.  :)
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #767: Apr 03, 2023 05:03:10 pm
      Masters starts in a few days. Looking at Macca..Spieth..Hovland.. Homa..few others might come into consideration. long shot..J.T.Potson..Alex Noren.

Can't back Smith again. (Jt 3rd in '22)  Spieth  (25/1) is a course & distance winner. Still only 29 with 3 major wins. Just think he could have 2/3 great seasons in him. Hovland & Homa are speculative. Looking forward to a great Masters.

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2023 05:31:16 pm by Harrisimo »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #768: Apr 03, 2023 07:29:49 pm
      Masters starts in a few days. Looking at Macca..Spieth..Hovland.. Homa..few others might come into consideration. long shot..J.T.Potson..Alex Noren.

Can't back Smith again. (Jt 3rd in '22)  Spieth  (25/1) is a course & distance winner. Still only 29 with 3 major wins. Just think he could have 2/3 great seasons in him. Hovland & Homa are speculative. Looking forward to a great Masters.

Honestly donā€™t think Speith playing well  Harris, especially his putting and wonā€™t get away with that round here.

Already backed Rahm to win a major so donā€™t need to bet him again. Iā€™m backing Cameron Smith-Schauffele & Justin Thomas. More than happy losing to Rory though if he can get his grand slam..
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #769: Apr 04, 2023 11:50:49 am
      Honestly donā€™t think Speith playing well  Harris, especially his putting and wonā€™t get away with that round here.

Already backed Rahm to win a major so donā€™t need to bet him again. Iā€™m backing Cameron Smith-Schauffele & Justin Thomas. More than happy losing to Rory though if he can get his grand slam..

Got to me my favourite tournament of all the comps. Had one winner in recent times, Danny Willett. This time as ever, you could make a case for about 20 odd. No surprise if any of them win but I'm going to stick with Speith,Macca with my other selections as next best. But so many ditches and creeks knocking about, traps all over the course. For drama the 12th & 16th obviously.( Weiskopf took 13. 10 over at the 12th in 1980)

Tiger giving it a go as well. Just hope my picks come in under or par for R1, obviously always better having an interest going into R4. If a LIV golfer wins, it will upset the golfing establishment no end. Probably Smith and DJ have the best chance.

I'll don my green jumper if one my picks wins..

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #770: Apr 04, 2023 01:34:14 pm
      Got to me my favourite tournament of all the comps. Had one winner in recent times, Danny Willett. This time as ever, you could make a case for about 20 odd. No surprise if any of them win but I'm going to stick with Speith,Macca with my other selections as next best. But so many ditches and creeks knocking about, traps all over the course. For drama the 12th & 16th obviously.( Weiskopf took 13. 10 over at the 12th in 1980)

Tiger giving it a go as well. Just hope my picks come in under or par for R1, obviously always better having an interest going into R4. If a LIV golfer wins, it will upset the golfing establishment no end. Probably Smith and DJ have the best chance.

I'll don my green jumper if one my picks wins..

Nothing comes close to the Masters, itā€™s like the Cheltenham of horse racing and stack with tradition that most of us like. If Rory was bigger price Iā€™d back him but like Scheffler too short for me to getting involved in.

Would be great if Tiger made the cut but canā€™t see it.

Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #771: Apr 04, 2023 06:13:18 pm
      Nothing comes close to the Masters, itā€™s like the Cheltenham of horse racing and stack with tradition that most of us like. If Rory was bigger price Iā€™d back him but like Scheffler too short for me to getting involved in.

Would be great if Tiger made the cut but canā€™t see it.

Yeah and Tiger  playing a 3 ball with Hovland and Schauffele. Obviously the Tiger thing does sometimes turn into The Tiger show. The other 2 will have to close their ears and minds and stay focused.

Good 3 ball..Speith,Fleetwood and Tony Finau.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #772: Apr 04, 2023 06:29:42 pm
      Yeah and Tiger  playing a 3 ball with Hovland and Schauffele. Obviously the Tiger thing does sometimes turn into The Tiger show. The other 2 will have to close their ears and minds and stay focused.

Good 3 ball..Speith,Fleetwood and Tony Finau.

Finau grown on me, would like him to do well. Do you think Fleetwood got what it takes to win this?
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #773: Apr 05, 2023 12:34:24 pm
      Finau grown on me, would like him to do well. Do you think Fleetwood got what it takes to win this?

Well I don't know. Just checked and he hasn't had a top 10 here, but obviously they all have a chance. So difficult to call it here. Tempted to pick out 5/6 long shots and stick Ā£2 ew on them, just to try and have a bit of interest going down the back 9.

Paddy Power..1/5th down to 10 places. 5 players, 50/1 or longer..Ā£2ew...Ā£20.....nominations

Hatton 50/1
      Rose    50/1
      Bradley 100/1
      Niemann 66/1
      Willett   125/1

More serious picks are Speith and Macca. Might just have a tenner on Speith just in case he wins. Hovland...mm...might throw a fiver ew.

Only got about till 2 ish...got family stuff...might be able to watch Sat & Sundee in peace.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #774: Apr 05, 2023 12:43:19 pm
      Well I don't know. Just checked and he hasn't had a top 10 here, but obviously they all have a chance. So difficult to call it here. Tempted to pick out 5/6 long shots and stick Ā£2 ew on them, just to try and have a bit of interest going down the back 9.

Paddy Power..1/5th down to 10 places. 5 players, 50/1 or longer..Ā£2ew...Ā£20.....nominations

Hatton 50/1
      Rose    50/1
      Bradley 100/1
      Niemann 66/1
      Willett   125/1

More serious picks are Speith and Macca. Might just have a tenner on Speith just in case he wins. Hovland...mm...might throw a fiver ew.

Only got about till 2 ish...got family stuff...might be able to watch Sat & Sundee in peace.

I have doubts he holds the bottle to win the biggest most important major in the world.

Hatton & Rose got what it takes and not bad each way choices. Iā€™ve backed  Niemann a few times to small stakes in the passed as heā€™s an improving sort.

Bradley & Willett a no no for me. Good lucky though. 🤞

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #775: Apr 05, 2023 12:44:22 pm
      I have doubts he holds the bottle to win the biggest most important major in the world.

Hatton & Rose got what it takes and not bad each way choices. Iā€™ve backed  Niemann a few times to small stakes in the passed as heā€™s an improving sort.

Bradley & Willett a no no for me. Good lucky though. 🤞

Thatā€™s not until July 😉
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #776: Apr 05, 2023 02:39:19 pm

False

Masters all day long.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #777: Apr 05, 2023 03:35:55 pm

So very wrong
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #778: Apr 05, 2023 04:04:18 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke/2012/06/12/which-golf-major-is-the-most-prestigious/?sh=384170576b5e

Masters has the highest TV ratings (so it's the most popular with the public) and the players surveyed overwhelmingly said it's the one they'd want to win the most.

Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #779: Apr 05, 2023 04:04:28 pm

I love The Masters because of the course and the drama. The Open moves around as does the US open as you know. But just something about The Masters. The great past champs, Jack, Palmer Etc. Just a unique venue. The Green jacket (in my case the green jumper if I pick the winner, only got one green jumper so far).

So  first The masters, The Open, The Us Open. The PGA. The Players at Sawgrass is unofficially the 5th Major.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #780: Apr 05, 2023 04:06:09 pm
      I love The Masters because of the course and the drama. The Open moves around as does the US open as you know. But just something about The Masters. The great past champs, Jack, Palmer Etc. Just a unique venue. The Green jacket (in my case the green jumper if I pick the winner, only got one green jumper so far).

So  first The masters, The Open, The Us Open. The PGA. The Players at Sawgrass is unofficially the 5th Major.

Yep, there's something about it being held at the same place every year and it's still a challenge for the players even though they are familiar with it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #781: Apr 05, 2023 05:01:24 pm

Whatā€™s not true he doesnā€™t have the bottle or best major by a country mile?

Judging by the comments since I think you referring  to the Masters not being the best?   ;D

Now Pj!! We know you can have an argument/debate in an empty room   ;D  ā€œhellā€ you could disagree with your own shadow if it could talk back.  :lmao: So on that basis Iā€™m not going to discuss on and on when you come back with another opinion after Iā€™ve replied because we both know itā€™s futile when you get involved.  ;D

What I can tell you and Iā€™ve discussed this with loads of golfers and read many many times the majority will say the Masters, itā€™s not even close.

Saying Masters isnā€™t the best is like saying Gomez still one of the best defenders in world football.  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply