Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Golf

Read 114121 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Re: Golf
      Reply #805: Apr 08, 2023 03:22:56 pm
      Looks like the cut line will be +2....so Tiger is at +3...said it was his last competitive Masters. Great memories though. Second only to Jack Nicklaus...with 5 win's to JN's 6. at The Masters. Never see another Tiger that's for sure. Took the game, single handed, to another level.

Little bit of self destruction some might say. But I enjoyed watching him and I wish him well.

p.s. Cut line now +3..so Tiger might get another 2 rounds...bet he's cursing the committee now..
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2023 03:31:08 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #806: Apr 08, 2023 03:28:36 pm
      Rain lashing down. If there's no further suspension they might finish on time. It's about 10.30 in Augusta now. Hop so anyway.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #807: Apr 08, 2023 03:39:49 pm
      Rain lashing down. If there's no further suspension they might finish on time. It's about 10.30 in Augusta now. Hop so anyway.

Yeah they’re struggling to reach the last in two shots.  :o
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #808: Apr 08, 2023 03:45:04 pm
      Looks like they'll be playing all 3 balls in the third round. The greens are flooding quickly.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #809: Apr 08, 2023 04:13:07 pm
      Rahm must be favourite as he has the pace in these wet conditions. Koepka could drop a few early on while he acclimatises . The others on -6 Hovland and Morikawa, few others still in it.

But par from now on looks good, so the onus is on one of the others to go 4/5 under. Not just about the front 2. Just said tomorrow will be dry.

Tiger will have to get out the bath to go back out there..............." ..bugger...."
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #810: Apr 08, 2023 05:20:43 pm
      Be interesting to see how these golfers deal with these conditions. Club selection could be the diff. Take 10 yards off a shot because of the conditions and you miss the green. Then it's an up & down or a bogey.

And then you become more wary and hit it too hard. The greens as well, slow, drags on the ball...never up, never in will happen all the time.

In some ways it might be better to be a chaser. By the close of play I think it could be a much tighter front 6.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #811: Apr 09, 2023 04:48:24 pm

Yeah great call on Rahm, you're in with a shout. Could be a great dual as well. Apart from the ametuer the others, Hovland included are a little bit back. Need a 65/66 in the third to get back in but this course can go against any player.

I’m free rolling on Rahm now. Laid of yesterday in running at 2.1 - 2.12 - 2.18.  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #812: Apr 09, 2023 07:21:56 pm
      Mother nature trying to ruin it but it's still on. Rahm as I said might be strong enough. Koepka will fight to the last. The Hovver Boy will have to pull out a 67/66...few critics on his short game but he has nothing to lose.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #813: Apr 10, 2023 12:55:53 am
      Just clocked on and seen Rahm wins the Masters. Got a bit involved elsewhere. Good pick Keith. Few quid coming your way. My  3 main picks..Macca. MC......Hovland top 10...Speith top 10.

Ruined a little bit by the weather but Rahm is a worthy winner.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #814: Apr 10, 2023 04:39:27 am
      Just clocked on and seen Rahm wins the Masters. Got a bit involved elsewhere. Good pick Keith. Few quid coming your way. My  3 main picks..Macca. MC......Hovland top 10...Speith top 10.

Ruined a little bit by the weather but Rahm is a worthy winner.

Yeah well pleased but disappointed ( cud argue I’m greedy ) that’s my bet finished now or at least think so. With 3 more majors to go the way I read my bet is TO WIN A MAJOR. Pretty confident if he goes and wins another this year I don’t get any more.  ;D

Even if he lost like I said still had 3 bites of the 🍒 still  so literally no damage though. In an ideal world it would be nice not to win till the last major as that’s how you can clean up in the betting/laying in running.  ;D

3 Liv golfers in the top 5 disappointed from a personal ( I’m biased ) basis, especially Reed as I can’t fooking stand him.

Anyway decided to spend some of my winning on another golf bet but bit of a hypocrite of sorts but not sorted it.

Speith rallied towards the end and thought he was going to post Round -9  but basically spunked  the last hole. Good run for your money though.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2023 09:28:53 am by Keith Singleton »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #815: Apr 10, 2023 09:48:04 am
      To win after double bogeying the first hole is very impressive.

Well played Jon Rahm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #816: Apr 10, 2023 11:25:33 am
      To win after double bogeying the first hole is very impressive.

Well played Jon Rahm

On the biggest stage in World Golf too. 👏👏👏 
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #817: Apr 13, 2023 02:21:16 pm
      Mcilroy pulls out of RBC Heritage. No reason given. Also refused interviews after missing the cut at The Masters. Strong field nevertheless. Speith won here last year. Rahm starts as well. Might still be on a high after the Masters.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #818: Apr 13, 2023 03:23:01 pm
      RBC Heritage is classed as a 'links' course so should be a good comp to watch. Some of the usual suspects doing well early on. Fitzpatrick, Hovland, Schauffele, Harman.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,523 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #819: Apr 13, 2023 03:25:52 pm
      Aye, well played Rahm.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #820: Apr 17, 2023 02:46:39 pm
      Great win by Fitzpatrick at the RBC Heritage. Very strong field but he beat Spieth in a play off. Could be in with a big chance of The Open at Royal Liverpool. Actually in Hoylake which is on the Wirral.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #821: Apr 17, 2023 03:05:50 pm
      Great win by Fitzpatrick at the RBC Heritage. Very strong field but he beat Spieth in a play off. Could be in with a big chance of The Open at Royal Liverpool. Actually in Hoylake which is on the Wirral.

Yeah he played well, once again I thought Speiths putting let him down somewhat. Would have pissed it otherwise. I’ve now backed a liv player 🤢🤢🤢 to win any of the remaining  3 majors 🤦‍♂️

Backed with my head instead of heart. 🤷‍♂️
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #822: Apr 17, 2023 03:17:12 pm
      Yeah he played well, once again I thought Speiths putting let him down somewhat. Would have pissed it otherwise. I’ve now backed a liv player 🤢🤢🤢 to win any of the remaining  3 majors 🤦‍♂️

Backed with my head instead of heart. 🤷‍♂️

Smith again. I'm not backing him this season. Spieth will have a big 2/3 years. Rahm and all the usual suspects will be in contention. Got to pick an outsider. Had Hovland EW in The Masters but he looks as if he can't sustain the high standard required over 4 rounds.

Check back in when it gets a bit closer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #823: Apr 17, 2023 05:05:36 pm
      Smith again. I'm not backing him this season. Spieth will have a big 2/3 years. Rahm and all the usual suspects will be in contention. Got to pick an outsider. Had Hovland EW in The Masters but he looks as if he can't sustain the high standard required over 4 rounds.

Check back in when it gets a bit closer.

No not Smith this year, it’s  Koepka 🤦‍♂️ I’ve backed him online and in exchanges prices varying from 20/1 and a best 27/1.

I like Hovland and do think he can sustain a 4 rounder.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he won a major this year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #824: May 03, 2023 10:13:20 am
      Just got my new handicap 😱😱😱 11.7. Bit harsh when you consider the scores I put in. Knew the new system very aggressive. What I didn’t know is that is was more aggressive than getting tackled by the likes of Keane & Souness   :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #825: May 06, 2023 01:45:35 pm
      Just got my new handicap 😱😱😱 11.7. Bit harsh when you consider the scores I put in. Knew the new system very aggressive. What I didn’t know is that is was more aggressive than getting tackled by the likes of Keane & Souness   :lmao:

Still very good tho. I've never had a handicap. But you must be shooting in the 80's on a regular basis. I've only ever gone round in under 100 twice. Haven't played all that much but I think even if I did I would be in the high 20's handicap wise.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #826: May 06, 2023 02:33:06 pm
      Still very good tho. I've never had a handicap. But you must be shooting in the 80's on a regular basis. I've only ever gone round in under 100 twice. Haven't played all that much but I think even if I did I would be in the high 20's handicap wise.

The new system ultra aggressive till you played around 10 + plus rounds. My three handicap scores for the Par 71 were 87-88 & 92. Honestly thought around 14 but no other choice than to take it on the chin.   ;D

It’s always nice breaking 100. Last year I was regularly doing around 95 but the lessons have been going well since bought new clubs.

Get PJ to give you some lesson  :D That lad bloody scratch player 😱😱
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #827: May 17, 2023 01:27:11 pm
      The PGA starts tomorrow. Probably 4th on the majors list. Macca got a lot to prove. Wouldn't rule him out though. Speith and the usual suspects could be in with a shout.LIV players in again and a few could be a danger.

Haven't got a definitive pick just yet. Rose at 80-1 is a good outsider. Some are paying 1/5 odds for top 10.Harman 125/1. Could be worth a fiver EW.

Quick Reply