Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Golf

Read 113272 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Re: Golf
      Reply #368: May 27, 2015 11:09:18 pm
      That's a stunning backdrop  :)

Enjoy the golf  :gt-happyup:

It is a stunning backdrop mate and although I'm biased it reall is one of the best in the world in terms of golf and the course itself is regularly rated in the top 2/3 or so in the world.

We had a great day today at the Pro Am even though it pissed down for about 3 hours in the afternoon. Got to see the three local lads, Rory, Darren Clarke and G Mac, play a few holes and also seen the likes of Sergio, Ernie, Rickie Fowler, Westwood and many more play the course.

Tony McCoy was out with Rickie and his tee shot on 11th was as long as the pro and he actually made par there. Great golf from him. Missed Shane Warne as we were wacthing Clarke hit his second on the 11th following a wild hooked tee shot so the others by passed us in that group. Jimmy Nesbitt and Paddy Wallace, Irish Rubgy player, were out with Ernie and we seen a good few holes with them along with getting a chat and picture with Paddy after the 18th which was a nice surprise.

As I said a great day out and nice and relaxed in preparation for us going to the final day on Sunday.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015 11:20:00 am by srslfc »
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #369: May 28, 2015 10:32:25 am
      It is a stunning backdrop mate and although I'm biased it reall is one of the best in the world in terms of golf and the course itself is regularly rated in the top 2/3 or so in the world.

We had a great day today at the Pro Am even though it pissed down for about 3 hours in the afternoon. Got to see the three local lads, Rory, Darren Clarke and G Mac, play a few holes and also seen the likes of Sergio, Ernie, Rickie Fowler, Westwood and many more play the course.

Tony McCoy was out with Rickie and his tee shot on 11th was as long as the pro and he actually made par there. Great golf from him. Missed Shane Warne as we were wacthing Clarke hit his second on the 11th following a wild hoocked tee shot so the others by passed us in thsat group. Jimmy Nesbitt and Paddy Wallace, Irish Rubgy player, were out with Ernie and we seen a good few holes with them along with getting a chat and picture with Paddy afteer the 18th which was a nice surprise.

As I said a great day out and nice and relaxed in preparation for us going to the final day on Sunday.

I have a passing interest in golf and I've never heard of or seen that course before, but I will remember it now.

Attending a Pro Am seems to be a great day out with a relaxed atmosphere that you wouldn't get during a tournament. It certainly sounds like you had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sunday will a different altogether and I hope it's a dramatic finish, rather than someone running away with it.

Nice gesture from Rory - donating his winnings to his charity. I read about it on the BBC Sport website.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #370: May 28, 2015 05:33:44 pm
      I have a passing interest in golf and I've never heard of or seen that course before, but I will remember it now.

Attending a Pro Am seems to be a great day out with a relaxed atmosphere that you wouldn't get during a tournament. It certainly sounds like you had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sunday will a different altogether and I hope it's a dramatic finish, rather than someone running away with it.

Nice gesture from Rory - donating his winnings to his charity. I read about it on the BBC Sport website.

Never heard of Royal County Down? Shame on you.

It was a great day and like you said nice and relaxed but looking forward to the competition proper.

Apparently the weather made the course a right bi*ch this morning with Rory having a nightmare +9 80 round.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #371: May 28, 2015 06:37:59 pm

It was a great day and like you said nice and relaxed but looking forward to the competition proper.

Apparently the weather made the course a right bi*ch this morning with Rory having a nightmare +9 80 round.

It's on my list.
      Pity I can't play properly at the moment.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #372: May 28, 2015 06:46:06 pm
      It's on my list.
      Pity I can't play properly at the moment.

I'm only a very part time player Swab and the thought of playing that course terrifies me mate. ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #373: May 28, 2015 07:05:07 pm
      I'm only a very part time player Swab and the thought of playing that course terrifies me mate. ;D

My handicap was heading down into low single figures at one time.
      My swing has gone to sh*t since the hip replacement operation, and losing a bit of muscle to infection around the incision hasn't helped.

It's a cracking course, and one I just have to play at some point, even if I go round over 100  :laugh:
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #374: May 28, 2015 09:23:44 pm

I know, it's shocking that I hadn't heard of Royal County Down before.  :angel:

I have only ever played 3 full rounds of golf and one of those was in horrible weather, so I know what that's like.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #375: May 31, 2015 05:15:02 am
      On my way now to Newcastle for the final days play.

Local interest is all but gone with Padraig having a nightmare yesterday and even McDowell's -2 leaves him too much to do I feel.

Conditions are going to be tough again with rain and wind so another interesting days golf is ahead.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #376: Jun 22, 2015 03:35:31 am
      One of the best finishes to the U.S. Open. Spieth wins after Dustin Johnson 3-putt chokes the 18th!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #377: Jun 22, 2015 11:18:36 am
      One of the best finishes to the U.S. Open. Spieth wins after Dustin Johnson 3-putt chokes the 18th!

Gutted I missed it Crouchy.

Speith is going to be one special player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #378: Jun 23, 2015 10:00:38 am
      Gutted I missed it Crouchy.

Speith is going to be one special player.

Gutted for you mate. Was an amazing day.

Spieth was the first of the overnight leaders to drop a shot when he 3 putt the second, then Johnson looked like he was going to run away with it then double bogied midway and then Grace looked like he would win it.

Feel sorry for Jason Day. Again! Yet another promising position slips but can't blame him this time. Credit for even stepping out and finishing the course.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #379: Aug 10, 2015 10:10:42 am
      Well done to Shane Lowry who won the Bridgestone tournament last night.  Seems a proper character.  He doesn't get any FedEx cup points from it but it does get him a PGA Tour Card for 3 years and he says he is going to try and play both that and the European Tour.

Think he'd be a great character on a European Ryder Cup team in the future.

Well in.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #380: Aug 16, 2015 08:17:10 pm
      Final day at Wisconsin.

Had Day at 12/1 start of the tournament and he leads by 3 after birdying the 2nd after finding the bunker on his 2nd shot.

Spieth 3 behind. Grace has birdied 11 of the last 26 holes with no bogies so he's coming home strong, too. Set for a cracker finish.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #381: Aug 16, 2015 08:27:53 pm
      Spieth hits one back and Day saves par after a wayward tee shot. They've come to play!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #382: Aug 16, 2015 08:46:09 pm
      Brandon Grace is absolutely flying. He's at -14 after 5 holes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 2799 
      Reply #383: Aug 16, 2015 09:01:23 pm
      Would love to see Jason Day win tonight.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #384: Aug 16, 2015 09:09:27 pm
      Would love to see Jason Day win tonight.

Same! ;D

Going to be very tough. Unlike some of the other majors he's gone close in, everyone is playing very well here and making shots not simply surviving by making par most of the time.

Grace, Rose and Spieth are playing superbly.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #385: Aug 16, 2015 09:10:51 pm
      Jesus Christ. Branden Grace is at -16!!! He's -13 over the last 29 holes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 2799 
      Reply #386: Aug 16, 2015 09:12:42 pm
      Same! ;D

Going to be very tough. Unlike some of the other majors he's gone close in, everyone is playing very well here and making shots not simply surviving by making par most of the time.

Grace, Rose and Spieth are playing superbly.

Yeah, you've got to keep making shots if you want a chance. Day has started well though which is always a good sign.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #387: Aug 16, 2015 09:14:47 pm
      Yeah, you've got to keep making shots if you want a chance. Day has started well though which is always a good sign.

Sunk some clutch puts from dodgy positions. Back 9 is going to be so good to watch.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #388: Aug 16, 2015 09:24:08 pm
      NO WAY JASON DAY!!!! What a F***ing putt.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #389: Aug 16, 2015 11:08:14 pm
      Day just coming up big! -20 after the 14th and four shots clear of Spieth.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #390: Aug 21, 2015 09:50:30 pm
      Nice to see Tiget playing well  nice eagle .

Quick Reply