Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Golf

Read 111908 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Golf
      Reply #391: Aug 22, 2015 11:34:25 pm
      Nice to see Tiget playing well  nice eagle .

He struggled a bit on day 3.  Didn't play badly, just had some long putts that he struggled to bag the birdies for.

Still in there.  Not sure he's got enough to make up the two shots to win this tournament and get into the FedEx cup playoffs but irrespective of all his past it would be good to see him get back to being a contender - would be good to see an old(ish) fella taking on the Speiths, McIlroys and Days next season.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #392: Aug 23, 2015 10:11:48 am
      He struggled a bit on day 3.  Didn't play badly, just had some long putts that he struggled to bag the birdies for.

Still in there.  Not sure he's got enough to make up the two shots to win this tournament and get into the FedEx cup playoffs but irrespective of all his past it would be good to see him get back to being a contender - would be good to see an old(ish) fella taking on the Speiths, McIlroys and Days next season.
      Couldn't agree more , seems to have a bit of the swagger back though you can see what it means .
      Needs a clean injury free run , don't think he'll ever get back to the top but it would be nice to see him competing with the young guns , and thats irrespective of what he done in his private life because everyone deserves one of them .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #393: Aug 27, 2015 03:56:14 pm
      Fed Ex Cup starts today.  Top 125 golfers of the year in a four tournament playoff for the top prize.

PGA Champion and TEN MILLION DOLLARS!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #394: Sep 20, 2015 11:15:38 pm
      Had a great day out today as a visitor in our local golf society my brother is a member of and played for the first time at Royal County Down.

Not the Championship links but the second Annesley course which although much shorter is still a tough challenge and has the best views in golf.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #395: Sep 20, 2015 11:29:03 pm
      Had a great day out today as a visitor in our local golf society my brother is a member of and played for the first time at Royal County Down.

Not the Championship links but the second Annesley course which although much shorter is still a tough challenge and has the best views in golf.

I'm amazing at golf, well crazy golf anyway, was it goes beyond pitch and putt range I'm sh*te but always good for a laugh and the odd absolute howler. Went to school with Lee Slattery though who is apparently doing pretty good these days, I was more interested in his sister though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #396: Sep 20, 2015 11:34:23 pm
      I'm amazing at golf, well crazy golf anyway, was it goes beyond pitch and putt range I'm sh*te but always good for a laugh and the odd absolute howler. Went to school with Lee Slattery though who is apparently doing pretty good these days, I was more interested in his sister though.

I used to play Luke but am only getting back into it this year and am basically a beginner again. Finished last today but I enjoy the day out on the cousre and the craic with the lads and am joining the society for next year as they only go out once a month so it's a nice schedule to fit in.

Anyone with even a passing interest in playing the game and happens to be in Newcastle County Down simply can't pass up the opportunity of playing at RCD even if it is only on the second course. You need to have plenty of spare cash to play a round on the Championship links but if you're loaded then that would be even better.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #397: Sep 20, 2015 11:43:02 pm
      I used to play Luke but am only getting back into it this year and am basically a beginner again. Finished last today but I enjoy the day out on the cousre and the craic with the lads and am joining the society for next year as they only go out once a month so it's a nice schedule to fit in.

Anyone with even a passing interest in playing the game and happens to be in Newcastle County Down simply can't pass up the opportunity of playing at RCD even if it is only on the second course. You need to have plenty of spare cash to play a round on the Championship links but if you're loaded then that would be even better.

My Mum is Irish so I get over there now and I again mate but will admit this wouldn't be something that interests me too much. I do love the country though and the view you've uploaded there is gorgeous.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #398: Apr 10, 2016 10:50:30 pm
      Danny Willett leading the Masters from Lee Westwood!

Spieth having a meltdown.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #399: Apr 11, 2016 12:07:29 am
      Great stuff from Danny Willett.

Had a feeling he might do well before the Masters but never actually thought he's go on and win it.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #400: Apr 11, 2016 12:24:06 am
      Good story, but still wish Spieth had finished it. Odd for him to throw a lead away like that.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #401: Apr 11, 2016 12:29:27 am
      Just seen that JD tweeted Danny is a red as well.

Even better.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #402: Apr 11, 2016 12:36:55 am
      Deserved to win it after that final round.

Good day for him if he's a Red as well!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #403: Apr 11, 2016 08:06:42 pm
      Danny Willett leading the Masters from Lee Westwood!

Spieth having a meltdown.

On the 16th Lee (-3) was just 1 behind Willett (-4). And teeing off first. If he had stuffed his first to a couple of yards, he might've put some more pressure on Willett, maybe got it level. But the shots were reversed, Willett went two ahead, and that was that. But for a breif moment, Lee must've thought, mama this could be it :)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #404: Apr 11, 2016 08:38:03 pm
      Unseen footage of Speith at the 12th:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #405: Apr 12, 2016 10:39:02 pm
      Just seen that JD tweeted Danny is a red as well.

Even better.

His brother had a pop at the S*n on twitter as well.

Seems to come from a good family ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #406: Jul 14, 2016 04:46:42 pm
      Anyone following the Open?

11th hole looks terrifying.  Mickelson early leader - be very surprised if he maintains that - thought his best days were behind him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #407: Jul 17, 2016 06:12:45 pm
      just two holes to go and today has been just incredible both Stenson and Phil playing so much better than everyone else. So Stenson 0n -19 and Phil on -17 two holes to play records about to be broken
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #408: Jul 17, 2016 06:31:45 pm
      Well done Stenson, always good to see Mickleson lose  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #409: Jul 31, 2016 04:12:25 pm
      Jimmy Walker playing very well in ridiculous conditions. Just ahead of Koepka, Stenson and my boy Day.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #410: Sep 26, 2016 12:11:33 am
      I love the Irish and Rory the man I follow in Golf. What a legend of the sport and 11 million richer   ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #411: Apr 09, 2017 08:55:59 pm
      Love Ken on the Course.

Really going Sergio wins this.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #412: Apr 09, 2017 09:07:08 pm
      Love Ken on the Course.

Really going Sergio wins this.

That slope is crazy isn't it! Greens are so difficult.

I've got a wee bit of money on Speith from the start but I don't see that happening. I imagine Sergio will throw it away like he always does. Justin Rose looking real good for me, think he may take it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #413: Apr 09, 2017 09:08:54 pm
      That slope is crazy isn't it! Greens are so difficult.

I've got a wee bit of money on Speith from the start but I don't see that happening. I imagine Sergio will throw it away like he always does. Justin Rose looking real good for me, think he may take it.

Dread to think how many putts I'd take on them.

Speith has a little too much to do but he was my tip before play today.

Sergio started great this afternoon.

Quick Reply