Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Golf

Read 111729 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Golf
      Reply #437: Apr 07, 2018 01:09:54 am
      Anyone following the Masters? been some good gold right now with Reeds leading after 2 rounds with some big names like Rory, Spieth,
       and Dustin Johnson in the mix as well. It has to be my favorite major
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #438: Apr 08, 2018 08:53:32 pm
      Rory’s already left two shots out there, doesn’t look in the zone to catch Reed IMO.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #439: Apr 08, 2018 09:01:29 pm
      Going to be a tight finish I think.

If Rory and Reed slip up Jordan Speith is on a charge and knows what it takes to win a green jacket.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #440: Apr 08, 2018 09:45:51 pm
      Jordon Spieth is absolutely flying out there.

If Reed opens the door even a little, you’d have to fancy Spieth to kick it right open.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #441: Apr 08, 2018 10:29:40 pm
      Great day so far
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #442: Apr 08, 2018 10:39:48 pm
      Spieth is winning this tonight.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #443: Jun 17, 2018 01:25:32 pm
      Mickelson....DQ or what.

Should be. He only did that because he wasn't in contention. Yes the course isn't playing well but they can't have ideal conditions every time.

Hitting a moving ball is a 2 shot penalty but hitting a moving ball to deliberately stop the ball going into a worse position is tantamount to cheating.

USPGA ducked it because it was Phil...any other golfer from outside the USA would've been DQ sharpish. Double standards from USPGA.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #444: Jun 17, 2018 03:51:37 pm
      Mickelson....DQ or what.

Should be. He only did that because he wasn't in contention. Yes the course isn't playing well but they can't have ideal conditions every time.

Hitting a moving ball is a 2 shot penalty but hitting a moving ball to deliberately stop the ball going into a worse position is tantamount to cheating.

USPGA ducked it because it was Phil...any other golfer from outside the USA would've been DQ sharpish. Double standards from USPGA.

Should of been disqualified for me under the circumstances he did it in.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #445: Nov 21, 2018 03:55:18 pm
      Tiger v Michelson.  One day match worth 7 million.  What a fkin joke
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #446: Feb 04, 2019 09:20:46 am
      Watched the Waste Management from Phoenix Arizona last night ,what a shambles never heard anything like that in 40 odd years of watching golf . it was an absolute debacle jeering, shouting during shots, even when Ricky Fowler the guy they wanted to win was playing there were people moving behind him on the tee,stewards  with quiet signs were just ignored ,what Brandon Grace must have felt like playing 15, 16,17 and 18 gawd only knows, it sounded like a zoo ,and as for the Sky presenters just accepting the racket instead of taking them to task about it, they just ignored the mayhem from the stand and carried on regardless .
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #447: Apr 10, 2019 06:53:03 pm
      Ah The Masters. Tough one to call. Maybe Rose or Rahm. Can't see Woods winning it. Of all the USA golfers I'd go with Justin Thomas. I've had one winner all these years -Willett, got lucky after Spieth blew up. Obviously Mcilroy has a big chance or somebody could come out of the pack like Xander Schauffele. Still a great watch and it's the one iconic tournament  that would be worth going to see.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #448: Apr 10, 2019 07:14:13 pm
      Ah The Masters. Tough one to call. Maybe Rose or Rahm. Can't see Woods winning it. Of all the USA golfers I'd go with Justin Thomas. I've had one winner all these years -Willett, got lucky after Spieth blew up. Obviously Mcilroy has a big chance or somebody could come out of the pack like Xander Schauffele. Still a great watch and it's the one iconic tournament  that would be worth going to see.

It's my favourite golf tournament to watch even above The Open.

Just something about August's that makes it feel even more special.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #449: Apr 10, 2019 07:28:45 pm
      It's my favourite golf tournament to watch even above The Open.

Just something about August's that makes it feel even more special.

Apparently it's well nigh impossible to get tickets. Have to enter the lottery to have a chance. Have to plan it a year in advance at least. Been to a few tournaments and it can be a bit frustrating.."who hit that".." whose ball is that" etc. and paying a fortune for a beer. Give it a miss..watch it on telly..I always have fun £1 bets.

Rose,Rahm,Thomas,Cassy,Reed,Fleetwood,Koepka,Fowler and.....Schauffele. 9 £1 bets..bit of fun...
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #450: Apr 10, 2019 07:41:00 pm
      2 bets on straight from the gut, Schwartzel to come in the top 10 and Rose to be 1st round leader (each way).

Not sure why but just looked good on the betslip.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #451: Apr 11, 2019 08:26:09 pm
      just love the Masters late night viewing ...perfect. Tiger has made a great start -3 after 14 top of the leader board. He couldn't do it again could he ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #452: Apr 12, 2019 12:12:31 am
      Phil Mickleson right up there -4 after 17
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #453: Apr 13, 2019 08:21:21 am
      Great to see Tiger back in there , has given himself a credible shout at the masters , if he could pull this off would go down as one of the greatest comebacks in sport , great to see him striding the greens .
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #454: Apr 13, 2019 09:35:33 am
      2 bets on straight from the gut, Schwartzel to come in the top 10 and Rose to be 1st round leader (each way).

Not sure why but just looked good on the betslip.

What a F***ing disaster
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #455: Apr 13, 2019 10:40:40 am
      what a weekend at Augusta to look forward to. Also the Grand Prix in China , Paris Roubaix the hell of the North over the cobbles tomorrow then the destruction of Chelsea my arse is going to be flat as a pancake.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #456: Apr 13, 2019 12:17:16 pm
      Apparently it's well nigh impossible to get tickets. Have to enter the lottery to have a chance. Have to plan it a year in advance at least. Been to a few tournaments and it can be a bit frustrating.."who hit that".." whose ball is that" etc. and paying a fortune for a beer. Give it a miss..watch it on telly..I always have fun £1 bets.

Rose,Rahm,Thomas,Cassy,Reed,Fleetwood,Koepka,Fowler and.....Schauffele. 9 £1 bets..bit of fun...

Still got Koepka -7, Schaufflele -6, and Rahm -5 in with a chance. Thomas and Fowler on -3. Do these multiple £1 bets if I don't have a stand out pick. Bit of extra interest.Love to see Woods go on and win it all the same. Surprised that one of my picks Rose hasn't bloomed. Casey as well.Both missed cut.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #457: Apr 13, 2019 04:05:36 pm
      Rory just about to Tee off needs a 64 or 65 today to get anywhere near the chase for tomorrow. Even though he is a Manc lover I still want him to do well but not ahead of Poulter who would look good in a Green Jacket.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #458: Apr 13, 2019 11:15:03 pm
      Great round from Tiger but I reckon Molinari's got this.

Final round will clash with the football which is a shame.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #459: Apr 14, 2019 09:10:42 am
      Great round from Tiger but I reckon Molinari's got this.

Final round will clash with the football which is a shame.

If Tiger does somehow manage to win it, would be up there with the greatest sporting achievements of all time, in any sport imho.
      Molinari looks in the zone, but the final day has its own kinda pressure...

Quick Reply