Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Golf

Read 111747 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Golf
      Reply #621: Jun 13, 2022 06:56:13 am
      Glad to see the Canadian Open have a great finish with a strong field of players. The change in the schedule (use to be weekend after the Open) would have very weak pool of players. See Rory had a little jab at Norman about passing him with hid 21st PGA win

It was a nice jab I enjoyed it.  :lmao:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #622: Jun 16, 2022 11:51:37 am
      US open starts today at Brookline. My picks..Justin Thomas, Rory Mcilroy (aka Macca)  Colin Morikawa and Cameron Smith.

Should be a decent scrap with the Norman Rebels playing. Dustin Johnson probably has best chance of the rebels.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #623: Jun 16, 2022 10:42:40 pm
      I’ve still got Smith and Niemann to win a major, also backed Rose based on last weeks game.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #624: Jun 17, 2022 10:48:41 am
      I’ve still got Smith and Niemann to win a major, also backed Rose based on last weeks game.

Think Smith is +2 Niemann +1..Rose is -2. Rose looks more relaxed. Should've won more over the years but yes he's on blob after the 60 he shot last week. But so many in there within a shot or three it could end up going to a rank outsider.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #625: Jun 17, 2022 09:13:53 pm
      US open starts today at Brookline. My picks..Justin Thomas, Rory Mcilroy (aka Macca)  Colin Morikawa and Cameron Smith.

Should be a decent scrap with the Norman Rebels playing. Dustin Johnson probably has best chance of the rebels.

Morikawa going well.  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #626: Jun 17, 2022 09:49:32 pm

Long way to go. Pity woods isn't here, might hobble round St. Andrews. JT drifted back to +1..got to do something in the 3rd round. Brian Harman, love to see titch going down the stretch and stuff one of these big guns. Vertically challenged meself..little guy complex. 5'5' same as Harman but he can hit the friggin ball. I am a brave player, well someone said it takes a lot of balls to play the way I do.

Macca back to -2. Scheffler is warming up as well. Rose isn't out of it but he needs to go low. Can't pick a winner, nerve plays a big part.

Just put the mockers on Harman..missed the green from nothing...twice..
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2022 10:13:59 pm by Harrisimo »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #627: Jun 18, 2022 07:12:51 am
      Long way to go. Pity woods isn't here, might hobble round St. Andrews. JT drifted back to +1..got to do something in the 3rd round. Brian Harman, love to see titch going down the stretch and stuff one of these big guns . Vertically challenged meself..little guy complex. 5'5' same as Harman but he can hit the friggin ball. I am a brave player, well someone said it takes a lot of balls to play the way I do.

Macca back to -2. Scheffler is warming up as well. Rose isn't out of it but he needs to go low. Can't pick a winner, nerve plays a big part.

Just put the mockers on Harman..missed the green from nothing...twice..

Not sure Harman got what it’s takes to win a big one like this. Nerves of steel are not a plenty on fourth days.  ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #628: Jun 18, 2022 09:42:59 am
      Set up really well for the weekend.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #629: Jun 18, 2022 05:50:35 pm
      The wind is up and it will put them all under the kosh. A par or one under will be a good score. Probably go to the last day still very close for at least half a dozen.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #630: Jun 19, 2022 07:41:39 am
      Wind blew the many of them out of contention. Didn't watch much of it but Macca still has a sniff. Morikawa blown away. Rahm and Scottie Sheff looking the ones to beat.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #631: Jun 19, 2022 06:41:15 pm
      Nothing funnier then watching professional golfer throw a fit.

https://youtu.be/yNUInTFPsrQ
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #632: Jun 19, 2022 11:51:35 pm
      Great final round right to the last putt! Congrats to Fitzpatrick who ball striking was great all round.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #633: Jun 20, 2022 12:03:49 am
      Fantastic win by Fitzpatrick, great bottle, great caddie as well in Billy Foster. Macca had his chances but strong showing nevertheless. Morikawa lost it in the wind on Saturday.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #634: Jun 20, 2022 09:39:41 pm
      Fantastic win by Fitzpatrick, great bottle, great caddie as well in Billy Foster. Macca had his chances but strong showing nevertheless. Morikawa lost it in the wind on Saturday.

He deserved a major in his locker, pleased for him. Mate of mine had £200 on him at 33/1  :o
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #635: Jun 20, 2022 10:11:14 pm
      Well in Fitz!

Best major for a good little while that.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #636: Jul 08, 2022 12:57:28 pm
      Day 2 of the Scottish Open. Sometimes used as a warm up for The Open.

Fitzpatrick going well after the US open win. US players not going well but they are mostly warming up, getting used to the wind etc.

Mcilroy not here.Has said sometimes playing the Scottish isn't the best prep for him so he is "spending a bit more time at St Andrews"...mmm...means it this time..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #637: Jul 08, 2022 05:10:33 pm
      Day 2 of the Scottish Open. Sometimes used as a warm up for The Open.

Fitzpatrick going well after the US open win. US players not going well but they are mostly warming up, getting used to the wind etc.

Mcilroy not here.Has said sometimes playing the Scottish isn't the best prep for him so he is "spending a bit more time at St Andrews"...mmm...means it this time..

I’ve had small bets on Fitz and Niemann. I’m hoping Niemann does well as I’ve got him to win any major this year along with Smith. Long as there in the running can lay off  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #638: Jul 09, 2022 04:08:07 pm
      I’ve had small bets on Fitz and Niemann. I’m hoping Niemann does well as I’ve got him to win any major this year along with Smith. Long as there in the running can lay off  ;D

Niemann could well win a major, can't see it being at St Andrews . Going for Macca and Cameron Smith EW (brilliant short game) It's a lottery and might be better off going EW. Get the first 6 and someone can come thru late on so your bet is not dead till it's over.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #639: Jul 09, 2022 06:08:00 pm
      Niemann could well win a major, can't see it being at St Andrews . Going for Macca and Cameron Smith EW (brilliant short game) It's a lottery and might be better off going EW. Get the first 6 and someone can come thru late on so your bet is not dead till it's over.

I’ll take you being right with the latter  ;D (Smith )  After catching on this year I realised you can bet any player to win a major at the beginning/ during during a competition starts so now bet before a major tees off. There great value bets as you only need to be in the running to win/lay off.

Already won a few Bob on Smith. Got to a stage I didn’t want him to win so my bet would be carried over to the next major.  :D It’s like four bets in one and represents massive value in running.

I’ll do it again next year as  I see how players perform in 2022. Well worth a interest if your a betting man.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #640: Jul 10, 2022 01:50:54 pm
      I’ll take you being right with the latter  ;D (Smith )  After catching on this year I realised you can bet any player to win a major at the beginning/ during during a competition starts so now bet before a major tees off. There great value bets as you only need to be in the running to win/lay off.

Already won a few Bob on Smith. Got to a stage I didn’t want him to win so my bet would be carried over to the next major.  :D It’s like four bets in one and represents massive value in running.

I’ll do it again next year as  I see how players perform in 2022. Well worth a interest if your a betting man.

Investor and betting man. Not so much on the betting side. I've only ever won a decent amount on the golf when I had a fiver each way on Willett to win the masters.

Just seeing if Fowler can qualify for the Open. He has to finish in top 10 to get in.He's on the verge of jumping ship to LIV Golf.  EW bets in golf are better value. I think you have to have your bet on 24 hours before tee off to get down to 6 places.

I did 6 players each way last year and didn't get one inside the top friggin 6. This year It'll be Macca & Smith plus 3 outsiders.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2022 01:58:26 pm by Harrisimo »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #641: Jul 10, 2022 02:26:15 pm
      Investor and betting man. Not so much on the betting side. I've only ever won a decent amount on the golf when I had a fiver each way on Willett to win the masters.

Just seeing if Fowler can qualify for the Open. He has to finish in top 10 to get in.He's on the verge of jumping ship to LIV Golf.  EW bets in golf are better value. I think you have to have your bet on 24 hours before tee off to get down to 6 places.

I did 6 players each way last year and didn't get one inside the top friggin 6. This year It'll be Macca & Smith plus 3 outsiders.

Fowler been the forgotten man for years now so won’t be any great lost if he does go to Liv golf.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #642: Jul 12, 2022 07:58:19 pm
      Weather looks set fair for The Open. No great wind forecast, just gentle to moderate breeze. Not the longest course on the Open circuit by any means and if the wind doesn't blow there will be a lot of drive & a chip type play, with some trying to drive the green.

Great short game will be vital to the long hitters as they miss the greens. Will be some low scores, the record is 62 I think and that might go.

My picks. Macca, C.Smith. Outsiders, Fleetwood,Casey,Stenson.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #643: Jul 14, 2022 12:34:30 pm
      Open up and running. Amazing greens, so many different levels, humps and borrows. Miss the line slightly and it just goes off and it's a difficult read to get back. Going to be hundreds of lay up puts. Tiger starts later in the day, he reads it as well if not better than the greats of the game. Hope he can compete this time.

Quick Reply