Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Golf

Read 111906 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Re: Golf
      Reply #667: Jul 17, 2022 09:15:20 pm
      Yeah 20 under tells a story but as we know you never get sun four days in a row in Scotland  :lmao: Any idea what the longest drive was with the ground being so hard?

Lucky if yer get 4 days sun per year over here in NI.

Well probably approaching 400 yards with the fast roll out but DeChambeau, with his long game, hasn't dominated or anywhere near some thought he would. Smiths great short game did it but Macca was sick, he had this one marked off all year, missed the Scotts open to get fully prepped.

I know one or two over here had serious money on him and I thought he would win it. I had a clue Smith would be close but Macca coming back in with a 70 knew himself that that wasn't good enough.

« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2022 09:53:14 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #668: Jul 17, 2022 09:46:34 pm
      The only advice I'd give Smith is..lose the mullet pal, yer look like a refugee from the Chris Waddle fan club..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #669: Jul 18, 2022 11:51:54 am
      Lucky if yer get 4 days sun per year over here in NI.

Well probably approaching 400 yards with the fast roll out but DeChambeau, with his long game, hasn't dominated or anywhere near some thought he would. Smiths great short game did it but Macca was sick, he had this one marked off all year, missed the Scotts open to get fully prepped.

I know one or two over here had serious money on him and I thought he would win it. I had a clue Smith would be close but Macca coming back in with a 70 knew himself that that wasn't good enough.

You live in gods country  :) My favourite place in the world ( Iā€™m a greyhound man )  Didnā€™t think Smithy could claw four back being honest. Iā€™ve been big supporter of Rory and have been for years, love watching him swing a club as itā€™s poetry in motion.

I actually spoke to him in Abu Dhabi two years ago when Hatton won the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship. It was during Covid and I got tickets for the Friday & Sunday. I even asked Rory for his cap as a momentum but he wasnā€™t having it.  :lmao:

Was really surprised with Justin Thomas during one of the rounds I was walking with him as a very friendly guy, not bad for a yank  ;D.

Iā€™m now on a search for next year who to win a major in 2023. Canā€™t beat four bites of the cherry. Any ideas being a big golf fan?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #670: Aug 11, 2022 04:38:37 pm
      Just played the best golf course to date ( in England ) Iā€™ve ever played. Mere Golf club. Only shot 95 but unbelievable. My eldest son whoā€™s on holiday from Abu Dhabi shot 77  :o heā€™s a manc too  ;D

Any you lads played it?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8460 
      Reply #671: Aug 13, 2022 02:27:46 pm
      The only advice I'd give Smith is..lose the mullet pal, yer look like a refugee from the Chris Waddle fan club..

Can afford it now what he's getting paid to F**k off to LIV golf.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #672: Aug 13, 2022 02:55:56 pm
      Can afford it now what he's getting paid to f**k off to LIV golf.

Gutted to see this lad go  :f_doh:
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #673: Aug 13, 2022 10:35:42 pm
      You live in gods country  :) My favourite place in the world ( Iā€™m a greyhound man )  Didnā€™t think Smithy could claw four back being honest. Iā€™ve been big supporter of Rory and have been for years, love watching him swing a club as itā€™s poetry in motion.

I actually spoke to him in Abu Dhabi two years ago when Hatton won the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship. It was during Covid and I got tickets for the Friday & Sunday. I even asked Rory for his cap as a momentum but he wasnā€™t having it.  :lmao:

Was really surprised with Justin Thomas during one of the rounds I was walking with him as a very friendly guy, not bad for a yank  ;D.

Iā€™m now on a search for next year who to win a major in 2023. Canā€™t beat four bites of the cherry. Any ideas being a big golf fan?

Take more or less the same approach as yourself. Looking at whose hitting it well, short game etc. Have to watch Zalatoris next year for a major, went very close this year but it's very difficult with so many players coming through. Thomas is a player I always expect to go close.

Hatton as well, always seems to be high on the stats lists. Smithy now only 2 shots back in the Fed Ex play off's...this lad is lethal from 12-15ft...pity if he goes over to the shark's pond.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #674: Aug 13, 2022 10:51:22 pm
      Just played the best golf course to date ( in England ) Iā€™ve ever played. Mere Golf club. Only shot 95 but unbelievable. My eldest son whoā€™s on holiday from Abu Dhabi shot 77  :o heā€™s a manc too  ;D

Any you lads played it?

My nephew is getting married there next Spring, we went around and had a look a few weeks ago, looked class.

Might have to head up the day before the wedding and get a round in! ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #675: Aug 14, 2022 08:22:09 am
      My nephew is getting married there next Spring, we went around and had a look a few weeks ago, looked class.

Might have to head up the day before the wedding and get a round in! ;D

You want me sorry chats itā€™s has everything, just make sure when you hit off at that first tee  you hit it well left as the fairways just falls massively from right to left.  ;D If your ball flight straight in the middle of fairway youā€™ll be in rough, any slice on it could well be in the water.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #676: Aug 14, 2022 08:26:03 am
      Take more or less the same approach as yourself. Looking at whose hitting it well, short game etc. Have to watch Zalatoris next year for a major, went very close this year but it's very difficult with so many players coming through. Thomas is a player I always expect to go close.

Hatton as well, always seems to be high on the stats lists. Smithy now only 2 shots back in the Fed Ex play off's...this lad is lethal from 12-15ft...pity if he goes over to the shark's pond.

I normally pick 3/4 players then closer the time back one or two of them. Zalatoris already on the short list along with  Niemann - Young - Hovland. Pending prices.

PSā€¦ thatā€™s providing they donā€™t fcuk of to liv golf  :-\

I backed C Smith yesterday at 6/1 to win FedEx St Jude Championship
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2022 09:05:38 am by Keith Singleton »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #677: Aug 14, 2022 09:03:12 pm

I normally pick 3/4 players then closer the time back one or two of them. Zalatoris already on the short list along with  Niemann - Young - Hovland. Pending prices.

PSā€¦ thatā€™s providing they donā€™t fcuk of to liv golf  :-\

I backed C Smith yesterday at 6/1 to win FedEx St Jude Championship

Zalatoris only 11/2 to win a major next year   :-\
      Niemann 12/1
      Hovland 8/1
      Camron Young 11/2
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #678: Aug 14, 2022 09:53:07 pm
      funny how people getting their knickers in a twist over millionaire golfers leaving to earn even more Millions.
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #679: Aug 15, 2022 01:09:55 pm
      funny how people getting their knickers in a twist over millionaire golfers leaving to earn even more Millions.

What a fantastic life they lead as well. Picked up on Westwood few months back.." only another 25 years of fun in front of me"

If I had the choice of being a pro sportsman I'd find it would be a difficult choice between pro golfer and footy player.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #680: Oct 15, 2022 12:27:11 pm
      What a fantastic life they lead as well. Picked up on Westwood few months back.." only another 25 years of fun in front of me"

If I had the choice of being a pro sportsman I'd find it would be a difficult choice between pro golfer and footy player.

Think Iā€™d go golf as not as physical   ;D

Tried my new toy out today ( Driver ) at range, so pleased with it as Iā€™ve improved the last two times now so bit more confident. Iā€™m far from a big hitter but was carrying average of 228 which  is massive for me and total distance (best one ) 264.  :o

Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #681: Nov 19, 2022 12:14:47 pm
      DP golf on this week. Rahm looking strong. Macca as well but I'm going to go for Fitzpatrick. If he come through such a quality field it will be a very strong win. Tipping him for a big season next year.

Currently 3rd on -13...Rahm & Noren on -14..Macca finished on -12 in with a 65.
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2022 12:21:05 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #682: Nov 19, 2022 01:05:01 pm
      DP golf on this week. Rahm looking strong. Macca as well but I'm going to go for Fitzpatrick. If he come through such a quality field it will be a very strong win. Tipping him for a big season next year.

Currently 3rd on -13...Rahm & Noren on -14..Macca finished on -12 in with a 65.

Finished Rahm leader -15..Fitz -14 Noren -13 Macca -12. .Fitz 11/4 Macca 9/2.Rahm evens. Very fair odds seeing as it's so close.

Fitz misfired today but it's OK to get a bad day out of the way going into the last round.
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #683: Nov 20, 2022 11:50:20 am
      Finished Rahm leader -15..Fitz -14 Noren -13 Macca -12. .Fitz 11/4 Macca 9/2.Rahm evens. Very fair odds seeing as it's so close.

Fitz misfired today but it's OK to get a bad day out of the way going into the last round.

Fitz fell away 2 over today, still a top 10 finish but nowhere near the frame. Rahm -20 2 shots clear looks like he'll win it. Still Fitz goes into my 'one to watch' cat.

Rahm on the green to the brilliant  island green 17th with a relatively easy par 5 down the 18th. Rahm munched his tee shot into the trees..he'd need to take 7 for a play off. Out and back in play about 50 yards or so....pitches up to about 10 ft..Rahm the winner.
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2022 12:03:56 pm by Harrisimo »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #684: Dec 20, 2022 06:27:00 pm
      Golf players and fans of the sport. Do golf balls float?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #685: Jan 28, 2023 08:11:28 am
      Was so hoping Rory was matched up with that cheating yank Reed today. To Gold that would be especially after the recent spat with them both.  :lmao:

Hopefully matched for the final day. Come on Roryā€¦
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8460 
      Reply #686: Jan 28, 2023 12:09:13 pm

Especially when those same millions and millions are now also being used to fund Newcastle FC!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8460 
      Reply #687: Jan 28, 2023 12:10:26 pm
      Golf players and fans of the sport. Do golf balls float?

But will they stand with those same players when they mostly sell out to LIV Golf!! :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #688: Feb 16, 2023 09:48:37 am
      But will they stand with those same players when they mostly sell out to LIV Golf!! :laugh:

Got myself new set of clubs to take the rodents of Liv golf on. Not that your a golfer ( I donā€™t think ) but got a new set of Ping G 430s stiff graphites 😎😛😎 If your a golfer youā€™ll know what black dot āš«ļø is.   ;D Not that youā€™ll give a fcuk  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #689: Feb 17, 2023 08:33:51 pm
      Snowflakes upset again with Tiger passing tampon to  Justin   :f_doh:

Quick Reply