Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Golf

Read 113380 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Golf
      Reply #690: Feb 17, 2023 09:01:47 pm
      Snowflakes upset again with Tiger passing tampon to  Justin   :f_doh:

Reminds me of the old Duncan Ferguson song
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #691: Feb 17, 2023 09:03:50 pm
      Reminds me of the old Duncan Ferguson song

Don't think i know that one.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #692: Feb 17, 2023 09:11:11 pm

In for a week, out for a month,  Duncan is a tampon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #693: Feb 17, 2023 09:30:17 pm
      In for a week, out for a month,  Duncan is a tampon.

Obviously one of your songs/sayings against the bitters.  :lmao:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #694: Mar 10, 2023 03:08:59 pm
      The Players championship day 2 at the magical Sawgrass in Norther Florida. Fantastic 17th island green.

Morikawa made a brilliant start..-7...Hovland on -7 as well. Popular this number 7..Day & Scheffler well placed on -4.

Think Hovland at just 25 is one to watch this season but about 10-12 players so strong. Hard to pick winners in the majors but I'm going with Hovland. Others will come under consideration later.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #695: Mar 10, 2023 06:38:31 pm
      The Players championship day 2 at the magical Sawgrass in Norther Florida. Fantastic 17th island green.

Morikawa made a brilliant start..-7...Hovland on -7 as well. Popular this number 7..Day & Scheffler well placed on -4.

Think Hovland at just 25 is one to watch this season but about 10-12 players so strong. Hard to pick winners in the majors but I'm going with Hovland. Others will come under consideration later.

Hovland one of my favourite players to watch along with Rory & Rahm, I’ve backed Rahm at 3/1 to win a major this year. I’ve got four bites of the cherry and think it’s a great bet.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #696: Mar 12, 2023 02:35:36 pm
      Hovland one of my favourite players to watch along with Rory & Rahm, I’ve backed Rahm at 3/1 to win a major this year. I’ve got four bites of the cherry and think it’s a great bet.

Be a major surprise if Rahm doesn't win one or go very close. Very difficult as there are so many in contention. Not a fan of Scheffler tho. -14 in the lead for the players. Bit of a robot.

The Liv players will be allowed to play in the Majors so that has to be factored in. Sick if one of them wins The Masters.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #697: Mar 12, 2023 04:26:19 pm
      Be a major surprise if Rahm doesn't win one or go very close. Very difficult as there are so many in contention. Not a fan of Scheffler tho. -14 in the lead for the players. Bit of a robot.

The Liv players will be allowed to play in the Majors so that has to be factored in. Sick if one of them wins The Masters.

Looks like we think alike golf wise.  ;D

Can’t see Scheffler throwing this away today, yes he does have robotic tendencies that I’m not keen on either. I like to see some character in a person and like Cantlay he doesn’t really have any.

Fortunately Rahm doesn’t have to win just go very close in betting as I nearly (90%) always lay off so I’m free rolling at worse in running.

I bet Smith last year if you remember ( same bet ) and he went evens in running in the first major. I layed  off for a nice profit and the he went on to win the last major, unfortunately as is the norm I still laid off in running so never won as much.

I’ll be absolutely gutted if any of the Liv golf players win a major. Was gutted to see Smith join them though.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #698: Mar 12, 2023 11:39:01 pm
      Looks like we think alike golf wise.  ;D

Can’t see Scheffler throwing this away today, yes he does have robotic tendencies that I’m not keen on either. I like to see some character in a person and like Cantlay he doesn’t really have any.

Fortunately Rahm doesn’t have to win just go very close in betting as I nearly (90%) always lay off so I’m free rolling at worse in running.

I bet Smith last year if you remember ( same bet ) and he went evens in running in the first major. I layed  off for a nice profit and the he went on to win the last major, unfortunately as is the norm I still laid off in running so never won as much.

I’ll be absolutely gutted if any of the Liv golf players win a major. Was gutted to see Smith join them though.

Scheffler slaughtered it to be fair.Scary how good he can get. Fantastic temperament, strong in all departments. Great effort by Hatton as well. I'm don't bet that much, more of an investor. I do occasionally bet on the golf and I'll be watching a few this coming season. Hovland finished strongly. Speith isn't that far away, surely the best or close to one of the best putters.

Macca as well. Looking forward to a decent summer, I hate the winter. Try and outdo you on the golf, if we can't beat you in the league I'll have to pick out more winners on the golf and hunt you down in the Prediction league....
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #699: Mar 13, 2023 09:24:52 am
      Scheffler slaughtered it to be fair.Scary how good he can get. Fantastic temperament, strong in all departments. Great effort by Hatton as well. I'm don't bet that much, more of an investor. I do occasionally bet on the golf and I'll be watching a few this coming season. Hovland finished strongly. Speith isn't that far away, surely the best or close to one of the best putters.

Macca as well. Looking forward to a decent summer, I hate the winter. Try and outdo you on the golf, if we can't beat you in the league I'll have to pick out more winners on the golf and hunt you down in the Prediction league....

Scheffler did exactly what you said he would. He was in a robotic mode and just got on with it. Sure to go very close in majors. Amazingly he’s big price to win a major ( 2/1 ) when you consider Rahm is now only 11/8.

Hatton good as he is doesn’t have the best temperament does he. 🤦‍♂️

I’m not a lover of Speiths putting, his  previous tournament he was awful on the greens. Best putter on the circuit for me is Cameron Smith. I’ve been using his technique but not doing me much good.  :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #700: Mar 13, 2023 12:57:13 pm
      Scheffler did exactly what you said he would. He was in a robotic mode and just got on with it. Sure to go very close in majors. Amazingly he’s big price to win a major ( 2/1 ) when you consider Rahm is now only 11/8.

Hatton good as he is doesn’t have the best temperament does he. 🤦‍♂️

I’m not a lover of Speiths putting, his  previous tournament he was awful on the greens. Best putter on the circuit for me is Cameron Smith. I’ve been using his technique but not doing me much good.  :lmao:

Speith like many I suppose.When his putter is hot..Etc. Thinking of getting one of those practice golf nets 10x7. 7ft high. Rig it up try and get the rust out of my swing.

Masters start 6th April. Few tournaments before that. JT, Hovland, Rahm. But might revise that as it gets closer. Not picking Scheff....he's got his green jacket.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #701: Mar 13, 2023 03:19:30 pm
      Speith like many I suppose.When his putter is hot..Etc. Thinking of getting one of those practice golf nets 10x7. 7ft high. Rig it up try and get the rust out of my swing.

Masters start 6th April. Few tournaments before that. JT, Hovland, Rahm. But might revise that as it gets closer. Not picking Scheff....he's got his green jacket.

I’m toying with the idea of a net also. Currently I go to Trafford pk driving range it’s top notch. Getting a new handicap soon. Put my first card in last week and shot 88 which I was pleased with. Rain and wind forecast tomorrow so probably 90+ 😂

I’m hoping Rahm goes close but want Mac to win it really, he’s playing well enough if you discount the last four days.   ;D

You got handicap?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #702: Mar 13, 2023 03:25:39 pm
      Nets are only as useful as warming up

Really do need to see the ball flight when practicing
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #703: Mar 13, 2023 04:33:45 pm
      Nets are only as useful as warming up

Really do need to see the ball flight when practicing

Bit cheaper than the driving range though.   ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #704: Mar 14, 2023 04:42:32 pm
      R & A planning changes to the golf ball in the pro game. Trying to knock 15 or so yards off the driver. Concern is that a lot of courses are getting too short. Specially adapted ball type thingy.

Highlighted by St Andrews open last year. Some players easily driving par 4's. I'm not in favour of it as you often see the long hitters missing the green and their short game comes under pressure. What I don't want to see is a return to boring tee off/fairway/ green play. Makes the game boring. More par 3's and keep it as it is.

But looks like it will happen in '26. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Under pressure from Liv Golf as it is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #705: Mar 14, 2023 06:35:48 pm
      R & A planning changes to the golf ball in the pro game. Trying to knock 15 or so yards off the driver. Concern is that a lot of courses are getting too short. Specially adapted ball type thingy.

Highlighted by St Andrews open last year. Some players easily driving par 4's. I'm not in favour of it as you often see the long hitters missing the green and their short game comes under pressure. What I don't want to see is a return to boring tee off/fairway/ green play. Makes the game boring. More par 3's and keep it as it is.

But looks like it will happen in '26. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Under pressure from Liv Golf as it is.

I can understand the R&A thinking to be fair, technology has advanced so much in the last ten years or so it’s frightening now just how advanced the golf world is getting. Over 30 years ago I used to play of 9 and got as low as 8 at one stage and that was without a lesson and wooden Ping drivers.  :lmao:

I’ve had countless lessons over the last 6 months  and gone from shooting regular in the mid 90s to now going mid 80s and still improving so #lovinggolf at moment.    :D

Maybe with all this new technology I might get in single figures again, can’t see it but  can dream it.  ;D

I love par 3s which would suit my game anyway, then again if they make the 250 yards  plus I’ll struggle to get there in 1  ;D

Not a lover of Liv golf as you know. Still not watched any of their tours and no plans to either.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #706: Mar 14, 2023 06:51:15 pm
      It’s a nonsense

It’s a half hearted effort

Courses are fine and not being affected too much

Average driving distance has increased 20 yards in 40 years.

It’s only a local rule so no one has to enforce it so I suspect only the Open and Us Open will bring it in
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #707: Mar 14, 2023 07:26:30 pm

Average driving distance has increased 20 yards in 40 years.

I find that hard to believe with all the technology now. Is that average based across the board from pro golfers/scratch/30 handicappers?

Surely there’s no way pro golfers have only found 20 yards in 40 years?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #708: Mar 14, 2023 07:39:04 pm
      I find that hard to believe with all the technology now. Is that average based across the board from pro golfers/scratch/30 handicappers?

Surely there’s no way pro golfers have only found 20 yards in 40 years?

That’s pro golf - average driving distance in 1980 was 279 yards , last year the average was 299 yards
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #709: Mar 14, 2023 07:44:39 pm
      That’s pro golf - average driving distance in 1980 was 279 yards , last year the average was 299 yards

Not according to what I've just googled..

https://www.gambling.com/uk/news/how-average-driving-distance-has-evolved-in-golf-since-1980-2271200
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #710: Mar 14, 2023 07:50:12 pm

That’s looking at the biggest hitters and what their average is

As opposed to across the whole tour

https://fungolf.co.uk/golf-driving-distance/

The latest statistics show that the average driving distance on the PGA Tour in 2022 was 299.8 yards, with Cameron Champ and Rory McIlroy topping the leaderboard with a season average of 321 yards.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #711: Mar 14, 2023 08:02:55 pm
      That’s looking at the biggest hitters and what their average is

As opposed to across the whole tour

https://fungolf.co.uk/golf-driving-distance/

The latest statistics show that the average driving distance on the PGA Tour in 2022 was 299.8 yards, with Cameron Champ and Rory McIlroy topping the leaderboard with a season average of 321 yards.

I wasn't referring to as a whole just in general. hell i could hit a ball over 200 yards back in the 80s   ;D I can carry it 220 when i hit the sweet spot now  though.  :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #712: Mar 19, 2023 10:31:10 am
      I can't see the point of it. Golf fans generally like to see the long hitters, plus the technology is available to them all. Being long off the tee is no guarantee of success either. Macca isn't winning 3/4 a year nor is Bryson De.

Could just ban the driver on one or two of the shorter par 4's...there yer go problem solved.

Quick Reply