Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Golf

Read 111774 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Golf
      Reply #713: Mar 19, 2023 01:34:03 pm
      I can't see the point of it. Golf fans generally like to see the long hitters, plus the technology is available to them all. Being long off the tee is no guarantee of success either. Macca isn't winning 3/4 a year nor is Bryson De.

Could just ban the driver on one or two of the shorter par 4's...there yer go problem solved.

It’s exciting watching the big hitters as we can only dream about such distance. Thing is technology come that far but obviously the golf courses still the same size.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #714: Mar 19, 2023 04:53:54 pm
      It’s exciting watching the big hitters as we can only dream about such distance. Thing is technology come that far but obviously the golf courses still the same size.

Thopen is at our place this year

https://www.provisualizer.com/courses/royalliverpool.php

2  x par 4 holes under 400yards. Macca won it here in 2014. I really think they should leave it alone. Yes extend the holes or whatever but almost everything in life progresses. Players are fitter, more competition due to the rewards etc.

Most annoying thing is on the green constantly picking it up, lining it up. Should be allowed one pick up on the green for cleaning purposes, after that 'ball in play'....don't touch it. 2 stroke penalty.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #715: Mar 19, 2023 06:08:18 pm
      Thopen is at our place this year

https://www.provisualizer.com/courses/royalliverpool.php

2  x par 4 holes under 400yards. Macca won it here in 2014. I really think they should leave it alone. Yes extend the holes or whatever but almost everything in life progresses. Players are fitter, more competition due to the rewards etc.

Most annoying thing is on the green constantly picking it up, lining it up. Should be allowed one pick up on the green for cleaning purposes, after that 'ball in play'....don't touch it. 2 stroke penalty.

Must admit I’m guilty of lining it up more than once.  :f_doh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #716: Mar 19, 2023 10:07:05 pm
      Speith isn't that far away, surely the best or close to one of the best putters.

His putting poor again this week.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #717: Mar 20, 2023 11:48:10 am

But wasn't that far off. Takes too long over 4-8 footers. On 17th handy..birdie gives him share of the lead and he looked at it from the same angle 6/7 times. Too intense a lot of the time but bit more relaxed and he could be in the frame for one of the big 4.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #718: Mar 20, 2023 12:20:26 pm
      Spieths issue is from the tee , think he is around 150th on tour in driving accuracy
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #719: Mar 20, 2023 12:52:13 pm
      But wasn't that far off. Takes too long over 4-8 footers. On 17th handy..birdie gives him share of the lead and he looked at it from the same angle 6/7 times. Too intense a lot of the time but bit more relaxed and he could be in the frame for one of the big 4.

Spot on, takes far too long and that’s coz he’s not confident with his reads/lines in my opinion. I’d be trying a new putter out if I was him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #720: Mar 23, 2023 11:54:17 pm
      Anyone just see that last shot on the 18th par four of Rory’s? To carry the green was over 380 yards and with  a ball speed of only!!!!! 188 landed straight on the green. Won him the match. Sick distance that us lot only dream about.  :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #721: Mar 24, 2023 08:32:40 pm
      The 3 I thought would do well at the World Matchplay, namely Speith, Hovland and yer Southport lad Fleetwood have all bitten the dust.

Have to back Macca or Homa now. Not backing Scottie Scheff, just drifts across the course. Macca..best balanced swing I've ever seen. Amazing how he hasn't won more these past 5 years or so.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #722: Mar 24, 2023 08:34:42 pm
      The 3 I thought would do well at the World Matchplay, namely Speith, Hovland and yer Southport lad Fleetwood have all bitten the dust.

Have to back Macca or Homa now. Not backing Scottie Scheff, just drifts across the course. Macca..best balanced swing I've ever seen. Amazing how he hasn't won more these past 5 years or so.

Would also add Rahm in the list - he has been very up and down

The difference this week for Rory whilst the driving is out of this world he seems to be putting well

The driving though - just so much straighter , a lot more control
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #723: Mar 24, 2023 09:06:30 pm

The difference this week for Rory whilst the driving is out of this world he seems to be putting well

Yeah and I think if Macca gets in the groove on the greens he could go big in the majors. His driving is beyond world class. Early on in his career I thought he might loose it because it has to be so perfect. Probably doesn't overthink it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #724: Mar 24, 2023 09:09:20 pm
      Yeah and I think if Macca gets in the groove on the greens he could go big in the majors. His driving is beyond world class. Early on in his career I thought he might loose it because it has to be so perfect. Probably doesn't overthink it.

Do you play much ?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #725: Mar 24, 2023 09:13:58 pm

Rahm all in on every shot. Short back swing but deffo box office. Get yer monies worth. Might be out of this but come the big events can't be overlooked.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #726: Mar 24, 2023 09:18:47 pm

Not so much these days, I'm a scouser in exile. My wife is from NI and we live over here. My 4 golfing brothers are back hacking it up back in L'pool & Southport. All her mob are farmers or not really sporty or what I call....'civilians'.

Although my youngest son is taking an interest so I might get back out there, but I'm a hacker in truth. Mostly a drive and a search.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #727: Mar 24, 2023 09:24:29 pm
      Not so much these days, I'm a scouser in exile. My wife is from NI and we live over here. My 4 golfing brothers are back hacking it up back in L'pool & Southport. All her mob are farmers or not really sporty or what I call....'civilians'.

Although my youngest son is taking an interest so I might get back out there, but I'm a hacker in truth. Mostly a drive and a search.

Shame as some stunning courses in NI
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #728: Mar 24, 2023 09:31:58 pm

Macca got the best swing in golf I’ve ever seen. I lose balance off a ball speed 85 so fcuk now how he keeps it at 188  ;D

I’ve backed Fizz and Cantlay.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #729: Mar 24, 2023 09:34:39 pm

Don’t think I’ve seen him driving better at any time in his career than now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #730: Mar 24, 2023 09:44:37 pm
      Don’t think I’ve seen him driving better at any time in his career than now.

That’s what happens when you go to more of a fade , it allows a lot more control.

It’s not a coincidence that over the years the best players are ones who played the fade - Woods , Nicklaus , Faldo
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #731: Mar 24, 2023 09:46:00 pm

That’s what happens when you go to more of a fade , it allows a lot more control.

It’s not a coincidence that over the years the best players are ones who played the fade - Woods , Nicklaus , Faldo

That’s me fcuked then coz mine more of a draw.  :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #732: Mar 24, 2023 09:48:24 pm

Rory's natural talent will always give him a chance of winning. But serial winners are made of something else; namely a pathological hatred of losing...they win because they won't or can't accept losing. We've seen it multiple times, with multiple players...Tiger...Ronald o...Stephen Hendry...they're almost sick if they lose....so they don't, whereas Rory comes second now and again, smiles takes the cheque and moves on.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #733: Mar 24, 2023 10:10:57 pm
      Rory's natural talent will always give him a chance of winning. But serial winners are made of something else; namely a pathological hatred of losing...they win because they won't or can't accept losing. We've seen it multiple times, with multiple players...Tiger...Ronald o...Stephen Hendry...they're almost sick if they lose....so they don't, whereas Rory comes second now and again, smiles takes the cheque and moves on.

Yeah so much wedge in golf. Make snooker players look like paupers. So many fantastic golfers knocking about that it's almost impossible for a Tiger type to dominate. Scottie Scheff is on fire but he'll never get to anywhere near domination.

Yes the will to win has to burn brightly..Faldo once said.."they all want to win but only a few need to win".... I'd be happy with a couple of pars..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #734: Mar 25, 2023 07:30:24 am

Valid point in many ways but I just think Rory the coolest golfer on the plant, that said he has broken one or two clubs in anger so surly that’s a sign of hate losing isn’t it.   ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #735: Mar 25, 2023 07:34:22 am
      Yeah so much wedge in golf. Make snooker players look like paupers. So many fantastic golfers knocking about that it's almost impossible for a Tiger type to dominate. Scottie Scheff is on fire but he'll never get to anywhere near domination.

Yes the will to win has to burn brightly..Faldo once said.."they all want to win but only a few need to win".... I'd be happy with a couple of pars..

I feel like a pro when I get a par  :lmao: I had 5 pars on the bounce on Thursday ( 7 in total ) and walked off the course with two dicks.  :lmao: My lessons going well. Still no official handicap yet. 🤢

Quick Reply