Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Golf

Read 111757 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Golf
      Apr 26, 2009 09:09:08 am
      Hole in one.......with one arm and half blind.

A ONE-armed,half- blind golferhas hit an amazing hole in one.
      Ex-Marine Alan Perrin 45,sunk his drive at the 160-yard second hole at a course in Exminster,Devon.
      He said:"I was stunned,I was a hole ine virgin up to then."
      Alan lost the use of one arm in a military training accident in 1992 .
      The blast also left him blind in one eye and partialy sighted in the other.
      But he said "I'm not the kind of bloke to sit back.I took up golf because the rules are the same even if you are disabled".

Well done Alan Perrin you have achieved what most golfers dream of,and with a disability.
      I Raise my glass to you.

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011 09:10:41 pm by Reslivo »
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Re: Golf in General.
      Reply #1: May 01, 2009 09:16:31 am
      Colin Mongomerie has accepted that next October's Ryder Cup at Cetic Manor-when he is European captain-will not be changed from a three day even to four.
      "We've spoken about it,but both sides of the Atlantic feel that the Ryder Cup is the Ryder Cup because its over three days,"said Montgomerie,in Girona this week,seeking a return to form at the Spanish Open."If the weather is inclement we have time to play on Sunday morning before the singles,as we did at Valderrama in1997."
      "Two rounds a day we all seem to be rushing around.For what reason really?"I've been running around changing rooms in Ryder Cup and trying to get new clothes and shoes and socks after I've been soaked in the morning and having to do it again in the afternoon. The Ryder Cup over four days I think benefits everybody."
      Meanwhile, Montgomerie will request an increase in the wild cards he has when European players committee meets in two weeks.
      America won back the trophy last October after Paul Azinger recieved four picks,two more than previously..Mongomerie once said the captain should be able to choose all 12 of the side.

Source Liverpool Echo:April 30,2009.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #2: May 03, 2009 11:51:54 am
      European Tour Open De Espana.
      (PGA Golf de Catalunya,Girona)-3rd rnd.

(Gbr & Irl unless stated,par 72):
      202 T Levet(Fra)71.
      204 S Davis 67.
      205 P Lawrie 71.
      207 S Dodd 69.
      207 F Zanotti (Par) 66.
      208 T Bjorn (Den) 71.
      209 F Molinari (Ita) 70
            C Schwartzel (Rsa) 69.
            S Hansen (Den) 76.
            N Fasth (Swe) 65.

Top 10 standings at present.

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #3: May 05, 2009 09:37:05 am
      A Saw point for Woods;

Tiger Woods admits he is still struggling with his long game before teeing up at the Players Championship at Sawgrass this week.
      He was two behind winner Sean O'Hair in fourth place on Sunday at the Quail Hollow Championshipand said:"I didn't feel comfortable with my swing."

MUIRFIELD;
      Muirfield is to host the 2013 Open.
      Nick Faldo won two of his three Opens on the Scottish course.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #4: May 10, 2009 08:28:44 am
      Tiger closes as Poulter fades:

TIGER WOODS has the chance to make Players Championship history today after a scrambling 70 that took him right into contention at steaming Sawgrass yesterday.
      Woods began the day with 21 rivals ahead of him and seven shots behind leader Alex Cejka.
      By the time he holed his put on the 18th green he was four behind Cejka,who still had nine holes to play.Just as importantly,only five players were ahead of him.
      Justin Leonard bridged the biggest gap ever at the TPC,comming from five behind to win,but Woods might just beat that.
      Britains Ian Poulter had a bad day.He started on nine under but after 11 holes was back to six under,level with Woods.

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #5: May 12, 2009 08:12:08 am
      DALY'S IN TRIM WITH MESSAGE FOR RIVALS.

JOHN DALY has taken just two tournaments in his comeback to show that he is not finished as a top golfer.
      The 43-year old has reignited his career with second in the Italian Open.
      Banned by the US Tour for six months last November after he was thrown in jail to sober up and down at 74th in the world,this was his first top ten finish since 2005.
      In February he underwent gastric band surgery and is already down from 20 stones to 16.
      Before heading to Dublin for the Irish Open,Daly said"I'm part-Irish and it feels like home there.
      Over the years I've had every drink they've got,but because of my surgery I can only sip whisky now."
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #6: May 14, 2009 08:08:46 am
      WILD TIMES ON THE WAY FOR MONTY.

Colin Montgomerie will have an extra wild card for next years Ryder Cup match at Celtic Manor in Wales.
      The European Tour players' committee agreed in Ireland to inrease the number from two to three,but would not go any further.
      There was a fear that matching America's four could have an impact on how many European Tour events were contested by players.
      Five of Montgomerie's side will be selected off the cercuit's Order of Merit,but to cater for the extra captain's pick only four will come from the world ranking points earned.
      Qualifying will start in September and will continue through to the end of August next year.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #7: May 16, 2009 04:31:35 pm
      5M GOLF VILLAGE TO OPEN SOON.

A "GOLF village" is set to open soon near ST Helens,creating 150 jobs.
      The £5m Northwest National Golf and Country Club,which will open this summer,is built on 268 acres of land at Rainford,on the historic Knowsley Estate.
      It includes a championship course,28-bay driving range and a golf academy with its own 9-hole course.
      Director of Golf,Glen Turner,who commentates on golf for TV and radio,and holds the world record for playing the most 18-hole golf courses in a year,has spent five years designing and preparing the course.
      He said:"This is an ideal location for us,the transport links to the rest of the UK are excellent,the surroundings are really beautiful and,of course,the North West is already very well known for its great golf courses."

Source Liverpool Echo Satuday 16th May 2009.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #8: May 20, 2009 11:00:01 pm
      Just found this thread.  looks as though we could be the only two golfers on this forum.

What a result, with that Irish Amateur wiinning his Home tournament.  Harrington took years to win it.  For those new to golf or non golfers, for a top Amateur to win a European Tour event is an unbelievable.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #9: May 21, 2009 09:22:55 am
      Am I correct in saying though that the runner-up recieved the prize money because he was a professional and the winner was only an amature?

SEVE GETS A PGA PLACE,

SHANE LOWRY,winner of the Irish Open on Sunday,could have been in the field for this week's BMW-PGA Championship if he had decided to turn professional straight away-but wanted time to consider his future instead.
      Because a place was held open for the Irish Open champion,rookie Seve Benson will go instead.
      A Wentworth club member,he is named after the Spanish star who won the title in 1983 and 1991.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________

STENSON IS HOPING FOR BMW GLORY

HENRIK STENSON'S superb victory at the Players Champioship in Florida makes him the highest-ranked player in the European Tour's flagship  BMW Championship at Wentworth this week.
      In eight previous appearances Stenson's best finish was eighth two year's ago-and he was never in contention that week.
      "Its a classic old golf course.There's a lot of history and tradition here," said the 33 year-old Swede.
      "Its a course I like playing.I haven't done my best in the past,but obviously I hope to change that this year.winning Sawgrass eas the highlight of my career so far."
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________

ps,redprint me old mate I don't want to dissapoint you but I don't play golf,just like watching.Sorry mate.

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #10: May 21, 2009 04:35:51 pm
      Rose is wilting.

JUSTIN ROSE pulled out of the European Tour's BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth because of a back injury,winner of the US Amature title in 2006.
      Victory for Paul Casey would push him up to third in the world rankings.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #11: Jul 15, 2009 10:39:30 pm
      Well The Open starts tomorrow morning with Tiger Woods starting a hot favourite.  Looking forward to watching this and the cricket all day tomorrow.  BBC2 all day then 9 o'clock Mock the Week.  Couldn't beat that with a big stick.

stmichael
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 64 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 16, 2009 01:20:34 pm
      brilliant to see tom watson rolling back the years to lead the open on -5

tiger's driving off the tee has been nothing short of abysmal
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #13: Jul 16, 2009 06:26:41 pm
      I got a wee bet on Sergio Garcia  E.W
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Jul 16, 2009 06:52:46 pm

You can kiss your money goodbye. I'll double your winnings if he wins. He's a proper journeyman!
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #15: Jul 16, 2009 06:56:16 pm
      E.W to finnish in the top 6 ;D  i got him at 20/1 put 10 e.w so due for about 40 back i will hold you to that mate ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #16: Jul 16, 2009 07:00:11 pm
      Wanna match it when he finishes joint 25th? ;)

I haven't seen any of the golf today. I have this thing called a 'job'.

But the title of this thread is quality!
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #17: Jul 16, 2009 08:35:25 pm
      E.W to finnish in the top 6 ;D  I got him at 20/1 put 10 e.w so due for about 40 back I will hold you to that mate ;D
      Typical Jock. Got to wait four days for your bet to go in and you win a poxy score. That's just over twenty pence an hour. Golf is Gods way of telling you that you've got too much money.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #18: Jul 19, 2009 05:22:35 pm

So he got banned and lost his money aswell. Not been a good weekend really has it? ;)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #19: Aug 15, 2009 12:23:25 am
      Anyone been watching the USPGA?  Tiger and Harrington leading again, Woods by three shots now.  McIlroy and McDowell sooo bloody frustrating...they were doing really well but have faltered big time over the last few holes.

Would love to see Harrington push Woods all the way but can only see Tiger running away with it now.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      Reply #20: Aug 15, 2009 12:47:23 pm
      1st Round Leaders.

67-T Woods.
      68-P Harrington(Ire).
      69-H Mahan,V Singh(Fij),M Gogin(A),R Allenby(A),D Toms,A Quiros(Sp).
      70-S Kjeldsen(Den),M Bradley,G McDowell(NI),G Fernandez-Castano(Sp),T Jaidee(Tha),B Crane,P Goydos,L Westwood(Eng).

RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #21: Aug 16, 2009 06:57:16 am
      Go Tiger!
      I hope he goes on to win another Major. He's great to watch. He's got a 2 shot lead going into the final round. I think he'll shoot a 68 to win.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #22: Aug 16, 2009 07:37:56 pm
      Pissing down on the golf. Where is it? Scotland? :P Tempted to disappear down the offie and settle down in front of the tv and forget about the footie while watching Woods get slaughtered by Padraig.

Quick Reply