Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Giggs wins PFA player award

Read 15751 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: Giggs wins PFA player award
      Reply #46: Apr 28, 2009 04:30:14 pm
      Hmmmm, is that the same reserves team that is 2nd bottom with Hull City the only team below them?

I am sure he would struggle to get in that team especially with the likes of Deggen, Plessis, and Nemeth competing for places.

f***in' ell lad know a lot about our team don't yer. Of course you're not obsessed!

I couldn't tell you were Man U'e reserves are in the league and I couldn't give a F**k.
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #47: Apr 28, 2009 04:38:15 pm
      F**kin' ell lad know a lot about our team don't yer. Of course you're not obsessed!

I couldn't tell you were Man U'e reserves are in the league and I couldn't give a f**k.

To be honest I only know those fellas because they have played first team games for you, couldn't tell you any others, and I know the state of the reserves league because I follow it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Apr 28, 2009 05:38:10 pm
      To be honest I only know those fellas because they have played first team games for you, couldn't tell you any others, and I know the state of the reserves league because I follow it.

Nemeth hasn't played in the first team.

Admit it, you just can't get enough of us can you  ;)
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #49: Apr 28, 2009 07:33:01 pm
      Nemeth hasn't played in the first team.

Admit it, you just can't get enough of us can you  ;)

Oh I thought he had played for you, oh well, unlike my team can't get it all right ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #50: Apr 28, 2009 09:21:35 pm
      Get a life.
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #51: Apr 28, 2009 10:09:53 pm
      ouch you have hurt my feelings now! :'(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #52: Apr 29, 2009 06:32:50 am
      ouch you have hurt my feelings now! :'(

Touchy Manc b***ard? Never knew one of those existed.

Agreed with whoever said it before, i think Aussiered did, that this trophy has lost all credibility whatsoever. Horrendous decision.

Team of the year is sh*te too. Evra? Why the F**k?

Ireland, Hangeland, Lampard all should be in there without a shadow of a doubt. Not Evra or Giggs and the like.

FA doing themselves no favours but then again, who'll say something? You criticise the ref's and get a fine so imagine if someone said 'The FA are corrupt'. Jokers.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #53: Apr 29, 2009 07:54:40 am
      Now PFA awards have no meanings anymore, ;D.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #54: Apr 29, 2009 12:20:03 pm
      Last night I watched ESPN Football Focus. One of the topics mentioned was whether Giggs should get the award or not. 4 panels; Steve McMahon, Jamie Reeves, Shebby Singh and the other guy I didn't get his name though. While all agreed that Giggs should get something for his achievements but not the PFA. Jamie mentioned about that fat Lamps, while McMahon said Gerrard. The other guy named Arshavin i think while Shebby said Alonso should have won it. But all agreed that based by his appearance and performance alone, he shouldn't have won it.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #55: Apr 29, 2009 01:09:27 pm

Lifetime acheivement YES, Best player this season..... NO!

[/quote]

this is absolutely ridiculous! agree with anny rd

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #56: Apr 29, 2009 05:46:57 pm
      Giggs winning this award was purely based on sentiment, for his services over the years.  It's not as if this is required, since he already has a room full of awards, and would probably struggle to find a clear gap on the wall to hang it.

The best player for Man Utd this season was Wayne Rooney or Vidic. I am wondering whether it has anything to do with disclipline, because both have had red cards, and a poor disclipinary record. Gerrard has been brilliant, and only the fact that he has been injured could stop him from winning it. Having said that Giggs has hardly played, so why should that count.

Do they publish the votes from this competition to show exactly which games, or where the actual votes came from?  Does every player in the league get a chance to cast a vote?  How the F**k does it work?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #57: Apr 29, 2009 09:44:58 pm
      Also, the team of the year was a joke. Van Der Sar has done nothing but make bad decisions and ridden his luck, Evra wouldn't know defending if it hit him in the face.
      Where is Lampard in there? Alonso? Ireland deserves a mention, too.

The FA are beyond a joke.

Oh I thought he had played for you, oh well, unlike my team can't get it all right ;)

A 4-1 loss is getting it all right?

Blimey. Standards have slipped in Manchester.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #58: Apr 29, 2009 09:58:14 pm
      The only football people who agree with this decision is the FA and Giggs club. If Giggs had received it when perhaps he deserved it, that would have been o.k, but to give it him when he has only started 12 games makes a joke out of the award. Gerrard was way ahead of Giggs...
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #59: Apr 29, 2009 11:22:23 pm

A 4-1 loss is getting it all right?

Blimey. Standards have slipped in Manchester.

Got to give you something to crow about, not like you have had much else recently.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #60: Apr 29, 2009 11:56:35 pm
      Got to give you something to crow about, not like you have had much else recently.

:f_steam: Your pushing it mate.........I tell you, don't go to far  :angry-smiley-034:
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #61: Apr 30, 2009 12:38:17 am
      :f_steam: Your pushing it mate.........I tell you, don't go to far  :angry-smiley-034:

:)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #62: Apr 30, 2009 08:42:12 am

Haven't you heard? King Kenny is re-signing.
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #63: Apr 30, 2009 09:49:45 am
      Oh yea, until he fcuks off again, he probably needs a few quid.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Apr 30, 2009 10:05:33 am
      Isnt it amazing to see the player of the year cant even make the team for his clubs must important match of the season, how can whisky nose say he deserves the award and then when it comes to there must important match leave him on the bench.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #65: Apr 30, 2009 10:14:52 am
      shocking!!
      he starts just 12 games this season for manure, scores just 1 F***ing goal, doesn't even make the playing 11 of his team...and suddenly, he's the best player of the season.  :f_steam: pisses me off.
      i can think of a hundred players who have better than him this season.  :mad:
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #66: Apr 30, 2009 10:22:11 am
      Oh yea, until he fcuks off again, he probably needs a few quid.

Yeah better than your f**king Quieroz. Total flop at Madrid and continue flopping at Portugal. Haven't all Fergie's assistant became a flopp in managerial position? Mclaren single handedly crushed England's Euro dreams. All Manure products are s**t. Steve Bruce totally crap in Wigan, Sparkie with all the resources in the world still crap at Man S**ty, the sulky Keane right now are also not good enough.

Then comes Giggs...24 starts including 12 in PL, got the PFA award? Yeah, next time I bet El-Zhar will win this.
      KOYFP
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -3 
      Reply #67: Apr 30, 2009 10:37:32 am
      Yeah better than your f**king Quieroz. Total flop at Madrid and continue flopping at Portugal. Haven't all Fergie's assistant became a flopp in managerial position? Mclaren single handedly crushed England's Euro dreams. All Manure products are s**t. Steve Bruce totally crap in Wigan, Sparkie with all the resources in the world still crap at Man S**ty, the sulky Keane right now are also not good enough.

Then comes Giggs...24 starts including 12 in PL, got the PFA award? Yeah, next time I bet El-Zhar will win this.

I agree with most of the above apart from Steve Bruce, they might not play the most attractive of football but he has done a good job down there considering he has had little funds and een more so this season as he lost his two of best players in January.

As for El zhar winning it next season, Don't be so ridiculous, Fergie will never tell the F.A to give it to him so it can't possibly happen!!
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #68: Apr 30, 2009 01:08:57 pm
      As for El zhar winning it next season, Don't be so ridiculous, Fergie will never tell the F.A to give it to him so it can't possibly happen!!

That's one post I like. Something which you even agreed on.

Quick Reply