Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi-Finals

Read 27483 times
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Re: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi-Finals
      Reply #299: May 06, 2009 10:58:05 pm
      I hate Chelsea, with all their money and fake fans and am glad to see Barca in the final, but i don't like to see our great game degraded by such an inept display of refereeing.  it was a disgrace.  everyone on here who loves this game must hope that it never gets repeated again.  that could be us one day on the wrong end!

That game is going to be remembered for all the wrong reasons.  One player sent off when he didn't even touch Anelka and one team that probably had to shoot someone dead to concede a penalty.

saying that, thank f**k Chelsea are out and i hope Barca destroy that Scum in Rome.  In fact, why not let the same ref be in charge for the final!!!!!!!!!!!!
      LYNCH
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #300: May 06, 2009 10:58:42 pm
      Terrible Chelsea behaviour. Barca may win the final but Man U like Liverpool will act with dignity.
      mrscarragher
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #301: May 06, 2009 10:59:34 pm
      Hah! You'd swear Liverpool had scored that goal the way me and my fiance were screaming!! F***ing delighted, Chelsea deserve nothing, their reaction was an absolute disgrace and ass for the sky panel, F***ing hell, you'd swear ENglad just lost the world cup final, had to turn over to RTE 2, Eamon Dunmphy was very funny, he loves Barca!!

I'm delighted, Didier Drogba should be ashamed of himself and for the amount of F***ing diving he does he should be banned  :f_steam:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #302: May 06, 2009 11:00:53 pm
      I don't care if he's Norwegian, Indian, English or Korean the refereeing was sh*t today. Disgraceful in my view. There probably is a decent referee in Norway who would have given those wrong decisions the other way, so the nationality isn't the problem, it's just the sh*t ref.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #303: May 06, 2009 11:09:31 pm
      The only one that was a blatant peno was the Picque handball, the rest were 50/50, the best team won Chelsea were a disgrace over the two games, they didn't string 2 passes together, I remember us getting hammered a couple of years ago for putting ten men behind the ball in Europe away from home, well Chelsea did it home and away in this tie. Delighted Barc are through.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #304: May 06, 2009 11:11:13 pm
      The ref wasnt giving chelsea a pen in a  million years....a disgrace,

But im made up Chavs are out, their full of themselves.

Drogba was an embaressment to Chelsea, the premier league and himself.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #305: May 06, 2009 11:27:26 pm
      I think it was quite fitting that Iniesta was to score the goal that sent them through.

He was by far the best player out of both legs. Better than Messi turned out to be.

On a serious note, as this is quite a humerous thread at the minute, well played Barcelona. Chelsea did a job on them for 90 minutes tonight. Then it went tits up, with the reffing decisions and eventually that little bit of class from world class players.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #306: May 06, 2009 11:34:59 pm
      I want to sum up everyones feelings about tonight.

Chelseas defence was amazing, to keep a team like Barca who have scored 147 goals this season from making a shot on target for 93 minutes is almost perfect.

The Ref was awfull and handed Barca a lifeline after denying 3 clear penatlies

If this result happened to us, i'd be sickened.

I would be outraged and demand a rematch.  If this happened to us i'l be venting my frustration on booze and my punch bag...

But it didnt

It happened to the glory hunters with their pay as you go fat head of a c*nt Russian manager, so.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

Its a disgrace!!!!

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #307: May 06, 2009 11:36:01 pm
      Good times!!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #308: May 06, 2009 11:37:20 pm
      :lmao:

Comical.  And there goes those glory boys off to support United!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #309: May 06, 2009 11:54:04 pm
      Missed 606. Please let it be on iPlayer.

Somewhat ironic that cheating Drogba didn't get a pen, wasted a chance Carra would have slotted and then implied someone else was a cheat at full time.

You couldn't make it up!

I believe the word is Karma. ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #310: May 06, 2009 11:56:12 pm
      Ultimately, Chelsea were robbed. There's no denying that.

However, Barca are through and that's what counts. Go on and win it, Blaugrana!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #311: May 06, 2009 11:56:19 pm
      JD, it most surely will be on iplayer. Just go to their website. Lovejoy is cringing...totally cringing, all the way through. An absolute pleasure to hear...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #312: May 07, 2009 12:26:12 am
      The ref wasnt giving chelsea a pen in a  million years....a disgrace,

;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #313: May 07, 2009 12:28:57 am
      Same old Chelsea and without doubt same old Drogba, will they be punished for their behaviour? I very much doubt it!

I find it amusing Chelsea saying they were robbed because they apparently 'dominated' the game, well last week they played for a draw and were lucky not to concede so it sort of evens its self out IMO.

Loving that they are out although Barca without a centre back and 2 full backs :-\   Just wish it was us in the final against them because we would have torn them a strip or 2 and showed them it is us who smash in the bag full of goals :D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #314: May 07, 2009 12:33:20 am
      Loving that they are out although Barca without a centre back and 2 full backs :-\   Just wish it was us in the final against them because we would have torn them a strip or 2 and showed them it is us who smash in the bag full of goals :D

I think they're only without Albiol and Alves. No biggie.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #315: May 07, 2009 12:39:34 am
      Man United's defense isnt organised as Chelseas.... they wont be able to stop Barca how Chelsea attempted to do... Hopefully Barca will do them in style and i dont care if Platini fixes the final in favour of Barca...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #316: May 07, 2009 12:40:47 am

Abidal and Alves.

Albiol plays for Valencia Res.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #317: May 07, 2009 12:41:24 am

Also Marquez and Milito
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #318: May 07, 2009 12:42:12 am
      Abidal and Alves.

Albiol plays for Valencia Res.

Ah, all the names look the same to me :P
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #319: May 07, 2009 12:57:48 am

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #320: May 07, 2009 01:26:54 am
      Quality posts.  Listening to the 606 podcast with Tim Lovejoy was highly amusing.

They may like to go down the route of suggesting that UEFA 'fixed' the tie but they are simply overlooking several key facts.

1. Barcelona were by far the better side over both legs.
      2. Why would Barcelona not get the bolted on penalty in the first leg?
      3. Why would Ballack not get sent off in the second leg for the above?
      4. Why would Barcelona be reduced to 10 men (when the player didn't even touch Anelka) when they were getting beat?

To suggest the match was fixed stinks of totally unsporting behaviour on Chelsea's part in this instance. 

I watched all the 'penalty appeals' and I can honestly say there was only one decision that was 50/50 for a pen and that was the Pique hand-ball and you can argue that was 'ball to hand'. 

I've tried to be look at all their 'shouts' and I don't think a single one was a nailed on penalty.

They deserved to get knocked out.  Barcelona should be applauded for playing with 10 men right to the final whistle. And John Terry, yet again, is a disgrace to the England captaincy, Ballack should be ashamed, Drogba gets what he deserves and I await his apology and Hiddink went down in my estimation for practically saying it was fixed.  And as for Tim Lovejoy - he's just a w**ker.  Typical Chelsea fan though - already on his knees for United in the final.

Hope Barcelona win it for the sake that we stuffed both United and Chelsea this season and as Barca are the only side we haven't had opportunity to stuff they must be the best, right?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #321: May 07, 2009 01:42:58 am
      To be honest, serves Chelsea right.

It they are saying all decisions went against them, how about us in the quarter final? Chelsea got free kicks easily from us. There are games penalties were not given and wrong decisions happened to us, Man United, Arsenal or any other football team. Just that what goes around, comes around. You get them in one game and you get them against you in another.

Come on Barcelona, you guys deserve to be there and deserve to win it. In my opinion, you're the best this season and with only Liverpool right behind you.

Quick Reply