Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi-Finals

Read 27477 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi-Finals
      Reply #322: May 07, 2009 07:57:57 am
      First off Huyton Red :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: f**king Hilarious mate a big + for you.

Woke up this morning and Iniesta had just scored  ;D

Was counting down to the final minutes and all the changes Guardiola was making.....then Ballack playing chasey with the Ref , what a disgrace that was.

Then the final whistle...total jubilation and even funnier when Drogba was going off at the camera and the world  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:. I was in hysterics. Seriously though he should get a very hefty ban for that. UEFA should not let this slide. I'm sure they will though, maybe a slap on the wrist  :f_steam:

So glad Barca went through but really sad that it's not us going to Rome. I reckon we would have done them and the Mancs over quite easily.

Not to be so go Barca all the way...I hope they jam those jammy cu*ts in Rome.

Finally, once again Guus Hiddink has proven that he is only a Semifinal Cup King. Sucked in Guus and the rest of you Chav cu*ts.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009 01:31:29 pm by AussieRed »
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #323: May 07, 2009 01:23:14 pm
      The bottom line is chelsea didn't qualify for the simple reason that they didn't score enough goals! The away goal rule is not news so why moaning about it, scoring 1 (which was a great volley) and playing defense against 10 men for the last 20 minutes or so was always putting their qualification at risks.

Welcome to the real world drogba and co!

The ref decisions were discutable but ref decisions stand (again nothing new there!)Instead of moaning about penalties and other nonsense like UEFA didn't want chelsea in the final, look at the numbers of chances they had and did bloody nothing with them, drogba chance for one, so grow up chelsea!

The appalling behavior after the final whistle is nothing less then disgraceful, they didn't lost because of the ref, they lots because like I said they didn't score a second goal and higgink got it all wrong tactically.

How can you expect keeping at bay a team like barcelona who scores for fun all year long with a defensive display?
      Terry, Ballack as national captains should be ashamed, drogba well, no comment.

LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #324: May 07, 2009 02:44:01 pm
      Now this is damn hilarious Huyton!  :lmao:
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #325: May 07, 2009 04:10:30 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #326: May 07, 2009 04:24:48 pm
      Ref has him for pace over the first few meters
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #327: May 07, 2009 04:31:14 pm
      Well I think its riped for a Barclays card advert.

Drogba's dive ÂŁ23m, fat Franks greecy beef burger ÂŁ3.99,  Champions league glory priceless.  There are something which money can't buy!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #328: May 07, 2009 04:32:11 pm
      ^^^ Mastercard mate. ;)

Loving the rest of it though!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #329: May 07, 2009 04:34:47 pm
      Maybe this should be renamed to the Official Laugh at Chelsea thread.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #330: May 07, 2009 04:42:00 pm
      Haha IB that video is quality!
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #331: May 07, 2009 07:37:55 pm
      PaddyPower refunds all bets on Chelsea.

We’re guessing most Chelsea fans are about as happy about last night’s goings on as Didier “IT’S A F**KING DISGRACE” Drogba. So we’re refunding all bets on Chelsea to win last night’s match and reach the final of the Champions League!

Four penalty claims denied - at least one of which could not have been more blatant, plus the absolute heartbreak of conceding in the 3rd minute of injury time after a fantastic defensive effort over 180 minutes.

It’s not fair, but it’s the rules. But as always the punter’s pal is prepared to bend those rules a little. A bit like the referee last night in fact.

http://blog.paddypower.com/blog/index.php/2009/05/07/chelsea-refund/#more-982
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #332: May 07, 2009 08:22:07 pm
      I actually feel sorry for the ref, ya he had a bad game but does that justify the death threats he is getting, for f'ck sake he had to be smuggled out of the hotel, the man has being tarnished and some of the comments coming out of the Chelsea camp is a disgrace, Botswinga called him a "thief" they are saying he should never ref again, Chelsea players and management are doing there best to inflame the situation, come on and show me a ref that doesn't make mistakes and have bad games, look at Webb in the Utd Spurs match, his penalty decision was worse than any decision last night, that decision could have cost us the title, are people calling for Webb not to ref again no they are saying he is the best ref in England, I think Chelsea behaviour after the match and there comments today have disgraced English football, I hope the ref from last night is left to get on with his private life without the sort of threats he is getting today, shame on you Chelsea.
      barryw01
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #333: May 07, 2009 10:16:14 pm
      Tom Henning Ovrebo - legend!!!

(Click on the photo!)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009 08:09:46 am by barryw01 »
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #334: May 08, 2009 01:53:39 pm
      Congratulations Barcelona
      I heard there was a big outbreak of swine flu in London today - apparently there are 50,000 chav fans as sick as a pig! Apologies this blog is mainly on a non-Liverpool related topic but it seems to be what everyone is talking about so I thought I’d join in. I really enjoyed last night’s game, particularly the injury time, and I’d like to start off by saying a big congratulations to Barcelona for winning their way through to the Champions League final.

In my opinion, their away-goal win at the Bridge was not just a victory for themselves but also a victory for football. I was delighted with the result because it spared me from having to watch another CL final between a team I don’t want to see win and a team I don’t think deserves to win. I can’t abide the mancs or anything they stand for and I am normally very happy to cheer on any team playing against them, even our wee neighbours, but no matter what the stakes are I can never bring myself to cheer on the chavs under any circumstances.

I am obviously first and foremost a Liverpool fan but I am also a football fan and in my opinion, Chelsea, its players and supporters are an absolute disgrace to the game and we saw plenty of evidence to support that during the two legs of their semi-final with Barca. I read an article during the week which stated that chelski are not a big club, they are just an average club with a lot of money and I totally agree with that.

It’s really hard to believe that for the first leg of their CL semi against Barca at the Nou Camp, they were allocated 4,800 tickets for their “supporters” and had to return 2,000 of them unsold. I just find that incredible and even if you leave the likes of ourselves or the mancs aside, you could just imagine that if the likes of Everton, Villa, Newcastle, Leeds or just about any other club were involved in such a game, those tickets would be like gold dust.

But the chav fans couldn’t be arsed to turn up, in fact in most of their away games their entire away support could travel together in a mini-bus! They also couldn’t be arsed to really getting behind their team last night and for most of the game they were out-sung by the Barca fans. These pathetic excuse for “supporters” don’t deserve to see any kind of success.

The way their club is run is also quite pathetic. I actually don’t have a big issue with their spending. I think if the funds are there then, unless you’re Arsene Wenger, you’d be crazy not to use them and as I often wish we had more money to spend, I can’t really criticise them for spending theirs. But as far as I can see, for all their spending they have built nothing.

The fact that Hiddink is due to leave them at the end of the season and they will need to appoint someone else means that in the same time that Rafa Benitez has been at Liverpool, they will have had five managers and yet they still don’t seem to have made any real progress in building anything sustainable. There is no meaningful youth system there that I’m aware of, no young players emerging and no real development of the side whatsoever.

Given the money they’ve had at their disposal you would think they had a golden chance to build something significant but there doesn’t seem to be anything there but an aging squad. It seems like they will either have to spend another fortune rebuilding or else they will sink like a stone over the next couple of seasons and in the current economic climate I suspect the latter.

But the perhaps the most shameful thing about the chavs is the conduct of their players. The player-power in their dressing room where they decide to play for certain managers and not for others, the constantly disgusting on the pitch antics of Drogba and their behaviour towards the match officials at the end of last night’s game was nothing short of disgraceful. The chavs were clearly unlucky with some of the decisions but that’s no excuse for the petulant display by their players at the final whistle. Let’s not forget Barca also had a man unfairly sent off and were also unlucky not have had a penalty themselves in the first leg so they would have had just as much reason to feel hard done by if they had lost.

We’ve certainly inflicted quite a number of injury time winners against opponents over the years but we’ve also suffered a few defeats that way and been very hard done by officials ourselves on many occasions. It’s a real sickener when such things happen but you’ve just got to take your medicine and move on. But the chav players behaviour last night and their supporters apparently sending over 100 death threats to the referee is just beyond words. I really hope UEFA throw the book at them and don’t just hit them with some meaningless fine. I think a proper example needs to be made of them and they should be kicked out of next seasons competition.

As for Barca, my respect for them has certainly grown after watching both games. For almost all of the 180 minutes things weren’t really going their way in terms of breaking through the chav defence but their heads never dropped and they kept playing their football. Even when Abidal was unfairly sent-off, they picked themselves up and kept going. As the game entered its final minutes and even into injury-time they never once resorted to just lumping the ball forward, they kept passing the ball and I was delighted to see them get their reward. They really are a proper football team and I hope they go on to lift the trophy in Rome.
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/kopblog/#386
      slimdogg
      • Forum John Barnes

• 407 posts |
      Reply #335: May 08, 2009 03:34:58 pm
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #336: May 10, 2009 06:35:33 am
      C'mmon Barca thrash those Mancs in Rome!!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #337: May 10, 2009 07:21:43 am
      Come on Barca stick 4 past Scum. Chelsea deserved to get beat and their antics were a disgrace

Quick Reply