Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

"Hillsborough: 20 Years On" - a collection of poetry

Read 4464 times
      Barolo
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts |
      "Hillsborough: 20 Years On" - a collection of poetry
      Apr 28, 2009 11:47:03 pm
      I received my copy of this new book today. I wasn't expecting it to be great, I just bought it to support the cause, BUT it is superb and well worth the £5 it costs.

The poems (53 of them) are written by people who were there, people who weren't there, relatives, friends, fans . . so full of pathos, passion, compassion and emotion.

I'd recommend it to you all. If you want a copy, follow the link  http://astore.amazon.co.uk/anfieldonline/detail/1906823154

Here's the 1st verse of one of the poems (by Mike Nicholson) which speaks volumes:

"Imagine the uproar,
      And the weight of the law,
      If 96 coppers,
      Lay dead on the floor"

Powerful, powerful stuff; I hope it's a best seller and helps to bring Justice for the 96.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: "Hillsborough: 20 Years On" - a collection of poetry
      Reply #1: Apr 29, 2009 08:59:03 am
      Bought this book a few weeks ago. Some very powerful poems in there. Only a fiver as well
      mikeb58
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 03, 2011 03:25:45 am
      Can't start a new topic, so I thought this would be the best place to post this (I put together the '20 Years On book in 2009)

The new Hillsborough poetry called The Nightmare of Hillsborough went into publication this week.

At the moment it's just available to buy direct from the publisher(www.countyvise.co.u k)

Within a couple of days the book will be in full circulation and will be able to order/buy at all major book retailers or online via Amazon, Ebay etc.

This book has been a bit of a long, hard slog to be honest but I'm really happy with the final result.

The Nightmare of Hillsborough contains 70 poems and 17 pages of colour photographs.

8 poems are related directly to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

The book aims to raise awareness of this mental illness, which many survivors of Hillsborough are stlll suffering from to this day.

The foreword was written by Rachel King, her dad (Ronnie) was a sufferer of PTSD after surviving the disaster, sadly he took his own life in 2007.

The book also makes it very clear that our fight for Justice & the Truth is still very much onging.

I know times are a bit hard at the moment financially, but please do your best to buy a copy of this book.

The 'hat, scarf or a badge' shop close to the ground have also offered to sell the book, and for anyone in the Knotty Ash area 'Nazda' on the corner of Eaton Rd/E.Prescot Rd have a few copies in.

In both cases all proceeds go to the HJC.
      cheers ....mike
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Apr 03, 2011 12:07:52 pm
      Good luck with the book Mike, I'll certainly be buying a copy.

Are the HJC shop selling it?

Quick Reply