Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Raul (Real Madrid)

Read 9619 times
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Raul (Real Madrid)
      Jan 13, 2007 07:39:47 pm
      I have seen on the Sky Sports Transfer Special that Rafa is still looking at Raul and will offer him a 3 year deal this summer if he is frozen out at Real.

I think he still has the quality to shine in the Premiership and would not be another Real reject.

Your thoughts?
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007 08:26:57 pm by JD »
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Re: Raul a new Red??????
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2007 08:02:40 pm
      i heard this on 5 live on the radio hes a top player to me lets see what happens and hope he doesnt end up like fernando
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2007 10:39:31 am
      I have seen on the Sky Sports Transfer Special that Rafa is still looking at Raul and will offer him a 3 year deal this summer if he is frozen out at Real.

I think he still has the quality to shine in the Premiership and would not be another Real reject.

Your thoughts?
      Not quite sure. Not much of a fan of him like. Does he have the physical abilities to match the Premiership? If he does. I would take him.
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2007 03:10:19 pm
      Real Madrid forward Raul is hoping to see out his career with the club despite rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool.

The 29-year-old striker, who has become a legend at the Bernabeu during his prolific career, has been linked with The Reds by some media outlets in Spain.

But Raul insists he wants to end his career where it started.

"When there are defeats there are always many rumours but the only thing I am concerned about is the club (Real Madrid)," Raul told Real Madrid TV.

"I am very happy and content and I will carry on working as I have always done with the hope of finishing (at Madrid)."

Raul also expressed his sadness at the departure of England midfielder David Beckham to LA Galaxy.

"When a team-mate goes it makes you sad," said the Spain international.

"David has been a great team-mate and a professional who has always given his best."

i got this off sky sports site i dont thinks its true now
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Re: Raul (Real Madrid)
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2007 11:35:08 pm
      This type of talk has to be said in media, Rafa and Xabi had similar posts in media this year too(Hopefully they were telling the truth). Rumours are high that Raul will join 'pool in summer but do we really want him? Does he have it for prem league? If he does, I'm all for it, bring him in. It'd give the squad a lift to have a name like Raul at the club
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 15, 2007 04:25:39 pm
      i like the guy, good player and excelent finisher. and we mite get him for a knock down price? happy days. it adds depth to our squad aswell.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #6: Jan 21, 2007 07:12:06 pm
      I really really hope it is true but remember last year when there was this same rumour and it never came true but I really hope it does this year
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #7: Jan 22, 2007 02:54:04 am
      Cant say I agree, would prefer us to sign somebody a little more adapted to a physical league like premiership
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 22, 2007 09:40:19 pm

Your thoughts?

Oh Jezus noooooooo!!  :o :o  As I said in an earlier post, I feel a Morientes moment emerging - Raul  had his hey day, how old is he?  He won't cope with the Prem.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2007 07:13:48 am
      I'm sorry to say Raul is in his last days, a great player, but i think we need a younger man that we would get 4 or 5 years, Raul might come at the right price but his wages would be to high.
      let me throw these names in the pot, robbin(not sure about the spelling) from Chelsea would suit the way liverpool play, and Defoe from spurs, i think both of these players will be moving this summer, and would play well along side kult, i think crouch is going, and we would get around 12 to 15 mill for him.
      what are your thoughts
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Jan 23, 2007 02:28:28 pm
      I'm sorry to say Raul is in his last days, a great player, but I think we need a younger man that we would get 4 or 5 years, Raul might come at the right price but his wages would be to high.
      let me throw these names in the pot, robbin(not sure about the spelling) from Chelsea would suit the way liverpool play, and Defoe from spurs, I think both of these players will be moving this summer, and would play well along side kult, I think crouch is going, and we would get around 12 to 15 mill for him.
      what are your thoughts
      Well I for one agree with you there mate. Wages too high and we could go out and get someone better, younger. And maybe a little cheaper ;D.
      MaRk-GoNzAlEz-11
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 05, 2007 01:51:41 pm
      would be a good signin the youngsters can learn alot from him its just is he past his best now ?
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 08, 2007 10:21:14 pm
      coul make a difference =p
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #13: Apr 17, 2007 08:24:55 am
      no to raul. how many has he scored this season? i bet its less than 10. bring in horse face and yakubu
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #14: Apr 17, 2007 02:24:49 pm
      Heard this again today on Sky Sports news, Depending on the price/wages I think he could be a very good signing he still has quality but for Real he very rearly gets the chance to play upfront/behind the striker due to other players so he normally plays wide left which isnt his best posistion......
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #15: Apr 17, 2007 05:27:41 pm
      No body can doubt his quality as he is the top goal scorer in the Champions League. If its on a free or for a minimal amount of mnoey then why not??
      The all time top goalscorer in the Champions League that is. Not this season
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #16: Apr 17, 2007 07:47:06 pm
      If any a manager knows him and his style of play, then it's Rafa.
      I think we'll see wholesale changes with the way we play next season, and I think Rafa will bring in players to suit each and every position.
      If he's cheap enough - then why not.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17: Apr 17, 2007 08:29:04 pm
      Nope from me....we need to move forward and get the best young talent in the world and remain a team not a bunch of reputations and names.....TEVEZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #18: Apr 18, 2007 01:20:49 am
      although he didnt score much this season but remember that real have a lots of problem and i still reckon he is player to watch. with his subline finishing he is the target man.hope that we didint pay much for him and really his wage will be high.
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 26, 2007 08:10:39 am
      can see him being 1 of 2 types of player in the premiership
      1 = Van Nisteroy
      2 = Morientes

Not sure which though!  ;)
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #20: Apr 27, 2007 09:35:50 pm
      hopefully he would be like Van Nistlerooy
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: Mar 31, 2010 04:13:59 pm
      Liverpool Plan Audacious Move for World Class Striker to Partner Fernando Torres: Raul Targeted

Please God No

Liverpool are apparently keen on bringing Spanish legend Raul to Anfield. Rafa Benitez has reportedly sent out the feelers on a potential bid to snap up the Real Madrid veteran this summer. Having played his entire professional career at the Bernabeu Benitez is hoping to secure the 32 year old for free in the hopes that the striker would be interested in one final pay day before hanging up his well worn boots.

Having collected just about every winners medal available to him Raul may well be keen on trying a new challenge before calling time on a career that has seen him net an incredible 311 goals for the La Liga giants and Rafa is known to be an admirer of the Spanish international from when his Valencia side came up against the Madridsta.

The fact that Liverpool already have a plethora of fellow countrymen may also help sway Raul into making a sensational move to Merseyside. The possibility to forming a partnership with current Spanish favourite Fernando Torres, and former Atletico Madrid man, may also prove very tempting and an added bonus for the financially burdened club is that such a move wouldn’t break the bank given the players age and the willingness of Real Madrid to grant the wishes of a player who has served them so well for 16 years.

Liverpool could snap up Raul on a free this summer but could cost as much as £8m a year in wages, so anyone thinking that such a move would be purely a commercial one should remember that last season, even in his advancing years, Raul netted 24 goals, not a bad tally for a player in the autumn of his career.

Don't know about any one else, it's one signing I wouldn't like to see here at 32 years of age I honestly feel The Premier League will be far too much for him in a similar way as it was for Morientes and Schevchenko.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Mar 31, 2010 04:15:26 pm
      Depends how much.  If it were a bosman/loan I'd probably say yes.  Another option at the end of the day.

Saw on SSN Rafa being asked about this before to which he replied "You know we don't talk about players at this time!"

Quick Reply