Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Raul (Real Madrid)

Read 9592 times
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Raul (Real Madrid)
      Jan 13, 2007 07:39:47 pm
      I have seen on the Sky Sports Transfer Special that Rafa is still looking at Raul and will offer him a 3 year deal this summer if he is frozen out at Real.

I think he still has the quality to shine in the Premiership and would not be another Real reject.

Your thoughts?
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007 08:26:57 pm by JD »
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Re: Raul a new Red??????
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2007 08:02:40 pm
      i heard this on 5 live on the radio hes a top player to me lets see what happens and hope he doesnt end up like fernando
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2007 10:39:31 am
      I have seen on the Sky Sports Transfer Special that Rafa is still looking at Raul and will offer him a 3 year deal this summer if he is frozen out at Real.

I think he still has the quality to shine in the Premiership and would not be another Real reject.

Your thoughts?
      Not quite sure. Not much of a fan of him like. Does he have the physical abilities to match the Premiership? If he does. I would take him.
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2007 03:10:19 pm
      Real Madrid forward Raul is hoping to see out his career with the club despite rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool.

The 29-year-old striker, who has become a legend at the Bernabeu during his prolific career, has been linked with The Reds by some media outlets in Spain.

But Raul insists he wants to end his career where it started.

"When there are defeats there are always many rumours but the only thing I am concerned about is the club (Real Madrid)," Raul told Real Madrid TV.

"I am very happy and content and I will carry on working as I have always done with the hope of finishing (at Madrid)."

Raul also expressed his sadness at the departure of England midfielder David Beckham to LA Galaxy.

"When a team-mate goes it makes you sad," said the Spain international.

"David has been a great team-mate and a professional who has always given his best."

i got this off sky sports site i dont thinks its true now
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Re: Raul (Real Madrid)
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2007 11:35:08 pm
      This type of talk has to be said in media, Rafa and Xabi had similar posts in media this year too(Hopefully they were telling the truth). Rumours are high that Raul will join 'pool in summer but do we really want him? Does he have it for prem league? If he does, I'm all for it, bring him in. It'd give the squad a lift to have a name like Raul at the club
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 15, 2007 04:25:39 pm
      i like the guy, good player and excelent finisher. and we mite get him for a knock down price? happy days. it adds depth to our squad aswell.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #6: Jan 21, 2007 07:12:06 pm
      I really really hope it is true but remember last year when there was this same rumour and it never came true but I really hope it does this year
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #7: Jan 22, 2007 02:54:04 am
      Cant say I agree, would prefer us to sign somebody a little more adapted to a physical league like premiership
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 22, 2007 09:40:19 pm

Your thoughts?

Oh Jezus noooooooo!!  :o :o  As I said in an earlier post, I feel a Morientes moment emerging - Raul  had his hey day, how old is he?  He won't cope with the Prem.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2007 07:13:48 am
      I'm sorry to say Raul is in his last days, a great player, but i think we need a younger man that we would get 4 or 5 years, Raul might come at the right price but his wages would be to high.
      let me throw these names in the pot, robbin(not sure about the spelling) from Chelsea would suit the way liverpool play, and Defoe from spurs, i think both of these players will be moving this summer, and would play well along side kult, i think crouch is going, and we would get around 12 to 15 mill for him.
      what are your thoughts
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Jan 23, 2007 02:28:28 pm
      I'm sorry to say Raul is in his last days, a great player, but I think we need a younger man that we would get 4 or 5 years, Raul might come at the right price but his wages would be to high.
      let me throw these names in the pot, robbin(not sure about the spelling) from Chelsea would suit the way liverpool play, and Defoe from spurs, I think both of these players will be moving this summer, and would play well along side kult, I think crouch is going, and we would get around 12 to 15 mill for him.
      what are your thoughts
      Well I for one agree with you there mate. Wages too high and we could go out and get someone better, younger. And maybe a little cheaper ;D.
      MaRk-GoNzAlEz-11
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 05, 2007 01:51:41 pm
      would be a good signin the youngsters can learn alot from him its just is he past his best now ?
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 08, 2007 10:21:14 pm
      coul make a difference =p
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #13: Apr 17, 2007 08:24:55 am
      no to raul. how many has he scored this season? i bet its less than 10. bring in horse face and yakubu
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #14: Apr 17, 2007 02:24:49 pm
      Heard this again today on Sky Sports news, Depending on the price/wages I think he could be a very good signing he still has quality but for Real he very rearly gets the chance to play upfront/behind the striker due to other players so he normally plays wide left which isnt his best posistion......
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #15: Apr 17, 2007 05:27:41 pm
      No body can doubt his quality as he is the top goal scorer in the Champions League. If its on a free or for a minimal amount of mnoey then why not??
      The all time top goalscorer in the Champions League that is. Not this season
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #16: Apr 17, 2007 07:47:06 pm
      If any a manager knows him and his style of play, then it's Rafa.
      I think we'll see wholesale changes with the way we play next season, and I think Rafa will bring in players to suit each and every position.
      If he's cheap enough - then why not.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17: Apr 17, 2007 08:29:04 pm
      Nope from me....we need to move forward and get the best young talent in the world and remain a team not a bunch of reputations and names.....TEVEZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #18: Apr 18, 2007 01:20:49 am
      although he didnt score much this season but remember that real have a lots of problem and i still reckon he is player to watch. with his subline finishing he is the target man.hope that we didint pay much for him and really his wage will be high.
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 26, 2007 08:10:39 am
      can see him being 1 of 2 types of player in the premiership
      1 = Van Nisteroy
      2 = Morientes

Not sure which though!  ;)
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #20: Apr 27, 2007 09:35:50 pm
      hopefully he would be like Van Nistlerooy
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: Mar 31, 2010 04:13:59 pm
      Liverpool Plan Audacious Move for World Class Striker to Partner Fernando Torres: Raul Targeted

Please God No

Liverpool are apparently keen on bringing Spanish legend Raul to Anfield. Rafa Benitez has reportedly sent out the feelers on a potential bid to snap up the Real Madrid veteran this summer. Having played his entire professional career at the Bernabeu Benitez is hoping to secure the 32 year old for free in the hopes that the striker would be interested in one final pay day before hanging up his well worn boots.

Having collected just about every winners medal available to him Raul may well be keen on trying a new challenge before calling time on a career that has seen him net an incredible 311 goals for the La Liga giants and Rafa is known to be an admirer of the Spanish international from when his Valencia side came up against the Madridsta.

The fact that Liverpool already have a plethora of fellow countrymen may also help sway Raul into making a sensational move to Merseyside. The possibility to forming a partnership with current Spanish favourite Fernando Torres, and former Atletico Madrid man, may also prove very tempting and an added bonus for the financially burdened club is that such a move wouldn’t break the bank given the players age and the willingness of Real Madrid to grant the wishes of a player who has served them so well for 16 years.

Liverpool could snap up Raul on a free this summer but could cost as much as £8m a year in wages, so anyone thinking that such a move would be purely a commercial one should remember that last season, even in his advancing years, Raul netted 24 goals, not a bad tally for a player in the autumn of his career.

Don't know about any one else, it's one signing I wouldn't like to see here at 32 years of age I honestly feel The Premier League will be far too much for him in a similar way as it was for Morientes and Schevchenko.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Mar 31, 2010 04:15:26 pm
      Depends how much.  If it were a bosman/loan I'd probably say yes.  Another option at the end of the day.

Saw on SSN Rafa being asked about this before to which he replied "You know we don't talk about players at this time!"
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2010 04:25:14 pm
      He was 29 in CARRA101's post and now he's 32  :f_doh:

If we got him for next to nothing then we would make a killing in merchandise and get a hugely experienced forward. Not saying he could play every game though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2010 04:28:01 pm
      Smoke screen for david villa.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2010 04:33:14 pm
      If our financial situation doesn't improve, it's these kind of deals we will always be looking at. And on that basis, definite yes. Would rather a younger guy, but like I said when you need to be thrifty, these kind of opportunities have to be looked at.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #26: Mar 31, 2010 04:47:35 pm
      Would be a better aquisition then Voronin at any rate. Could be a brilliant cheap signing for us like Maxi...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Mar 31, 2010 04:50:37 pm
      Would love to just have him around the training ground and reckon if he comes on a free transfer he offers a lot more to Liverpool than just goals. An intelligent player who could play in behind Torres. Not to be scoffed at even at his age. Oh and think of the shirt sales
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #28: Mar 31, 2010 04:54:11 pm
      we love our free's

get him in and we need another striker of class and he would show the youngsters something
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #29: Mar 31, 2010 05:11:50 pm
      For me no thanks  dosen,t work enough and in the prem you have to.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #30: Mar 31, 2010 05:12:35 pm
      Would be worth a punt if he is on a free and pay as you play otherwise I have my reservations like people have already said looks like another Morientes waiting to happen
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: Mar 31, 2010 05:17:48 pm
      Wasn't he rumoured to be moving to America on loan for a season?

Surely he would prefer a move to Liverpool.  Then again, wages could be an issue.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #32: Mar 31, 2010 05:21:38 pm
      Morientes mark II.

5 years ago I would have probably cum in me kecks at the thought of us being linked with such a world class striker. Now I'd rather see us give this one a swerve and look at other potential targets like that Moroccan lad from Bordeaux who's also on a free.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #33: Mar 31, 2010 05:23:13 pm
      Morientes mark II.

5 years ago I would have probably cum in me kecks at the thought of us being linked with such a world class striker. Now I'd rather see us give this one a swerve and look at other potential targets like that Moroccan lad from Bordeaux who's also on a free.

Certainly.

Chamakh looks extremely talented - I said last night in the CL thread that he looked a great player.  Particularly like his physical presence and heading ability.

Seems Arsenal are the club brought up everytime his name is mentioned, though.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #34: Mar 31, 2010 05:25:49 pm
      If our financial situation doesn't improve, it's these kind of deals we will always be looking at.

I think everyone should take note of this point before they start saying he's not a player we should be going for.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #35: Mar 31, 2010 05:32:55 pm
      Certainly.

Chamakh looks extremely talented - I said last night in the CL thread that he looked a great player.  Particularly like his physical presence and heading ability.

Seems Arsenal are the club brought up everytime his name is mentioned, though.

Probably just rumours. I think the lad came out and said that he's had no offers yet. Rafa's also said it looks unlikely that he will join with hints that we were interested. Maybe with the potential sale of Riera we could look to do something. Whether that be compensation of a small amount to Bordeaux or offering the lad a bit extra it doesn't matter as long as we get him here next season. Would defiantly boost our attacking options.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #36: Mar 31, 2010 05:37:20 pm

If we got him for next to nothing then we would make a killing in merchandise and get a hugely experienced forward. Not saying he could play every game though.

29? 32? No chance. Raul has to be in his late 30's by now!!
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #37: Mar 31, 2010 05:45:32 pm

33 in June.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #38: Mar 31, 2010 05:47:01 pm
      He's 32.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #39: Mar 31, 2010 05:53:47 pm
      That's what I was thinking, that post was made 3 years ago and in that time Raul aged 3 years. WTF?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #40: Mar 31, 2010 05:57:26 pm
      That's what I was thinking, that post was made 3 years ago and in that time Raul aged 3 years. WTF?

Hahahahaha!

He's back.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Mar 31, 2010 05:58:08 pm

:lmao:

Never fail to make me chuckle mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,965 posts | 3944 
      Reply #42: Mar 31, 2010 07:35:00 pm
      It's regurgitated rumour and won't happen.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43: Mar 31, 2010 07:43:30 pm
      If our financial situation doesn't improve, it's these kind of deals we will always be looking at. And on that basis, definite yes. Would rather a younger guy, but like I said when you need to be thrifty, these kind of opportunities have to be looked at.

But he'd want 200 grand a week or something silly so he could end up costing near 10 million in wages!! F**k that
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #44: Mar 31, 2010 07:59:58 pm
      I would love to See Raul team up with Torres would be a good singing maybe not on a 3 year deal i think after been at Real for this football career i think if he was to come it might be a Loan
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Mar 31, 2010 08:18:12 pm
      Wouldn't be happy with this signing to be honest. Raul was a world class player a few years ago but he has rapidly gone downhill in the last year or so. He was never the quickest but he definitely doesn't have the legs anymore for the English game.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #46: Mar 31, 2010 08:20:13 pm
      I've got two words to say to this story.

Bol. Locks.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Mar 31, 2010 08:23:54 pm
      Thought he was close to joining New York Red Bulls?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #48: Mar 31, 2010 08:41:35 pm
      If Real decide its time to let him to go then it probably means he's past his best.

8 million per year in wages is far to much for a 32 year old.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #49: Apr 01, 2010 12:10:05 am
      Raul???You gotta be kidding me!He barely moves on the field,finished playing good football 5 years ago.Useless piece of sh*t,we don't need Real's garbage in our team :-[A big NO from me!
      G_Funk24
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #50: Apr 01, 2010 09:46:16 am
      I can't see him leaving Real, he runs the dressing room there and hold quite a bit of power in the club. Personally
      I hope it's a rumor and nothing else, he's a quility player and probably would score a few goals in the prem but for
      me it's not the way forward for us.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #51: Apr 01, 2010 10:28:54 am
      He must be valued at £0 as we have little or no funds, and must be willing to miss the team selection week in and week out because of rotation. Not a great way to end RAUL's career eh? This is Real's son we are talking about. As such, I don't think he is willing to come.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #52: Apr 01, 2010 12:33:18 pm
      Have this worrying feeling of Deja vu. Morientes had a reputation as one of Europes most feared strikers when he came to pool. The way we play, we need pace up front. Torres does an excellent job on his own, because he is Torres. Would Benitez after 5 seasons change the way he plays his system to accomodate another striker?
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #53: Apr 01, 2010 12:35:22 pm
      no.

swerve raul. doesnt fit into the team, must be on 120K a week surely, is getting on abit, what is he now like 33 or something? Theres better options.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #54: Apr 01, 2010 12:39:32 pm
      Raul is no Shevchenco, he's built or looks to be built for the Prem League, he's strong and his goal scoring is second to none, I would be very surprised if he was not on the score sheet regular, mind you we have to sign him first,and that won't be easy. Even if we had loads of money to spend I'd still like it if we signed this guy.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #55: Apr 01, 2010 12:43:27 pm
      His wages is gonna be pricey, and he's 32. Only as a stop-gap option, I don't think he is going to be another 'world-class' player Torres craves for. Certainly not at his age without any experience in the Premier League.

I don't see us buying him honestly. If Fernando stays fit the whole of next season, we're paying Raul 100K every game just to have his ass on the bench.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #56: Apr 01, 2010 12:57:16 pm
      Though I rate this legendary Spaniard, it isn't worth it to spend a huge amount on a player his age.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #57: Apr 01, 2010 08:39:57 pm
      Offer Chamakh 100,000 a week, instead! Rather him.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #58: Apr 01, 2010 08:52:01 pm
      Offer Chamakh 100,000 a week, instead! Rather him.
      Spot on mate!!
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #59: Apr 01, 2010 11:50:29 pm
      Why are we being linked with a player that is in the winter of his career?
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #60: Apr 02, 2010 12:09:03 am
      No thanks....he's far too slow. Him and Guti are sacred cows at Real....no-one dares to ask if they'll leave.

Bring on the Youth...
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #61: Apr 02, 2010 12:24:06 am
      how can he leave on a free when he apparantly has a "lifelong" contract with real?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #62: Apr 02, 2010 02:31:09 am
      how can he leave on a free when he apparantly has a "lifelong" contract with real?

The club may of granted him a free transfer.
      silvia200sx
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #63: Apr 02, 2010 04:00:12 am
      I think he's worth signing, at least a back up striker which can mover Gerrard to his natural position.

Raul can finish, unlike Kuyt (though mostly unlucky), if he comes cheap, then why not. We need some experience to show our young ones.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #64: Apr 02, 2010 02:56:07 pm
      Why are we being linked with a player that is in the winter of his career?
      Because we have a Spanish manager and the British press are all retarded. Probably.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #65: Apr 02, 2010 07:14:44 pm
      Oh please, not the old man. Heck, even N'Gog is better than Raul now.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #66: Apr 02, 2010 09:04:25 pm
      Too old, past his best. Not a very positive move in my book.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #67: Apr 03, 2010 01:02:26 am
      Narr
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #68: Apr 03, 2010 10:05:59 am
      Don,t believe in buying players that teams want to off load!!
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #69: Apr 03, 2010 10:10:52 am
      aint gonna happen, and if it did we should only take him on a free and a pay as you play contract. He wouldnt survive 2 mins in the EPL because of the physicallity of it.

Quick Reply