Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Edin Dzeko (VfL Wolfsburg)

Read 40551 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: Edin Dzeko (VfL Wolfsburg)
      Reply #207: Dec 27, 2010 07:08:42 pm
      If we get Dzeko we would be making a major statement in the transfer market,would also be a world class partner for Torres.Come on Mr Henry get ur finger out and make this happen.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #208: Dec 27, 2010 07:20:18 pm
      Rory Smith on his twitter page, said that the interest in him is genuine but the club realise it will be extremely hard to pull it off.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #209: Dec 27, 2010 07:29:06 pm
      Yeah, I can imagine he'll want Champions League football, or a shitload of money to convince him Champions League isn't all that. :P
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #210: Dec 27, 2010 07:29:57 pm
      would be a good signing but the man shiek-eh are after him aswell apparantly which is a bummer with oil-tainted blank cheque book they have
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #211: Dec 27, 2010 10:16:50 pm
      A class signing as a partner with Torres, hopefully not a replacement..
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #212: Dec 27, 2010 10:47:42 pm
      Getting Dzeko would be beyond belief but we did get nando and that was staggering (different times, situation and manager I know). But, once again, there is no point buying a quality striker unless u can also deliver quality support as well.
      We have to get proper width and/or world class inside players. If we are to go for Dzeko then we have to believe that the club are also in the market for at least 2 world class attacking midfielders as well.
      Would be amazing show of financial power and a fresh start if the new owners were to make that kind of statement.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #213: Dec 27, 2010 11:34:55 pm
      Initially, i got a bit too excited with the recent reports concerning LFC and Dzeko. We have to be realistic, we probably don't stand a chance....nothing wrong with dreaming though ;).
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #214: Dec 27, 2010 11:57:23 pm
      I think the bid is serious and it's good to see NESV targeting someone like Dzeko. If it's any indication...
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #215: Dec 28, 2010 11:25:47 pm
      Close thread, man city in advanced talks according to ssn. If they get him I'll be angry. Everyone seems to be getting good players but us.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #216: Dec 29, 2010 12:07:44 am
      Close thread, man city in advanced talks according to ssn. If they get him I'll be angry. Everyone seems to be getting good players but us.
      Will be exiting to see who man city will be able to sign after 2012 if they don't make it to CL every season.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #217: Dec 29, 2010 01:29:41 am
      Will be exiting to see who man city will be able to sign after 2012 if they don't make it to CL every season.

Hard to see them not making top 4 with a tevez Dzeko strike force. Best in the premier league and maybe the world. I wish we would go after players of his quality, not okay players like honda and n'zogbia. If they don't make top 4 they will offer a wage increase to convince star players to stay.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #218: Dec 29, 2010 10:33:28 am
      In our current position I hope the reports that he emailed Man C in August to confirm his interest and Citys cheque book actually does happen.

€ 35 million is the figure being mentioned ...down from the € 50m Wolfsburg wanted in the summer just gone.

Maclaren has screwed that club up for CL qualification so they need the money.

If that guy makes the difference is stopping the scum from getting 19 then may he go to Eastlands with my blessing.

He would be wasted here with WonderWoy.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #219: Dec 29, 2010 04:03:20 pm
      Looks fairly certain to be a City player by the start of January. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9325924.stm).

Shame, you can speak of a Tevez/Dzeko partnership but imagine what Torres/Dzeko could have been like.  :o
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #220: Dec 29, 2010 04:05:41 pm
      Looks fairly certain to be a City player by the start of January. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9325924.stm).

Shame, you can speak of a Tevez/Dzeko partnership but imagine what Torres/Dzeko could have been like.  :o

I actually think Tevez/Dzeko partnership would be better.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #221: Dec 29, 2010 04:53:03 pm
      I actually think Tevez/Dzeko partnership would be better.

And I can just see Balotelli happily sitting on the bench!!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #222: Dec 29, 2010 05:07:10 pm
      And I can just see Balotelli happily sitting on the bench!!

I think Man City are going to lose Tevez in the summer. There is no reason to bring Dzeko in, I just don't get it.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #223: Dec 29, 2010 05:55:33 pm
      I think Man City are going to lose Tevez in the summer. There is no reason to bring Dzeko in, I just don't get it.

Yes I think they are going to sell tevez. I think an agreement was in place when he wanted to leave a few weeks ago so that he stays til the end of the season. I'd imagine real Madrid or inter will sign him. No other reason for city to buy Dzeko.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #224: Dec 29, 2010 06:00:10 pm

I do.

The scum bought Lazytov because he was on the market and they wanted no one else to get him at that time.
      Until recently he was a joke. A bad return on investment until he must have got a serious kick up the arse.

If City have the money then fair enough.

Its a sad indictment when you need other teams success and results to prevent our record and our league title history being surpassed.

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #225: Dec 29, 2010 06:07:07 pm

So no-one else can. What you have, no-one else can have.

It's the same as the TV networks in Ireland ( weird comparison I know ), but every TV season, RTE buy every big series they can, just so TV3 cannot, thus stoppign TV3's viewing figures. many of these TV series are then either put on at sh*t hours or on their sister channel. They don't need the series, they just don't want TV3 having the series.

Chelsea did it years ago, Madrid did it, hell even Barca did it. City will do it.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #226: Dec 29, 2010 06:15:19 pm
      They don't need a reason they have money.

They try to emulate Real galactics, but don't have the reputation yet to attract the very best, so they target as many they can in the category just under.

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #227: Dec 29, 2010 06:23:59 pm
      Well if city have come in for the lad no one can compete with them financially.imagine the salary, eyewatering i bet.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #228: Dec 29, 2010 06:37:08 pm
      Sure what are we worried about according to Sky Sports as well we have renewed our interest in Carlton Cole :mad:
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #229: Dec 29, 2010 06:59:39 pm
      Hard to see them not making top 4 with a tevez Dzeko strike force. Best in the premier league and maybe the world. I wish we would go after players of his quality, not okay players like honda and n'zogbia. If they don't make top 4 they will offer a wage increase to convince star players to stay.
      In the short term yes, but what about when they can not spend more than they earn ? Man C is nothing but a short term club and I suppose they will collapse when they can't afford the wages when they drop out of top 4. ( Not that they are a top 4 club yet ) Sorry for being off-topic

Quick Reply