Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Edin Dzeko (VfL Wolfsburg)

Read 40376 times
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Re: Edin Dzeko (VfL Wolfsburg)
      Reply #23: May 15, 2009 09:58:37 pm
      Maybe Rafa will change his sistem because it seems that we will definately bring in one more quality striker to pair up with Torres.

Most likely the system will remain the same and we will get the depth behind Torres we've all been pining for.  David N'gog as our secondary option up front just won't do with our massive aspirations.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #24: May 16, 2009 07:36:09 am
      Most likely the system will remain the same and we will get the depth behind Torres we've all been pining for.  David N'gog as our secondary option up front just won't do with our massive aspirations.

Agreed. Even if we sign him he would only start when Torres is resting, injured or against Stoke etc.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #25: May 16, 2009 09:52:58 am

No top class striker will come to Liverpool knowing he has to compete with Torres for the first team or only play when Torres is injured or resting. This system can't work forever... Rafa will have to change it eventually.
      ondr@
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #26: May 16, 2009 09:59:59 am
      No top class striker will come to Liverpool knowing he has to compete with Torres for the first team or only play when Torres is injured or resting. This system can't work forever... Rafa will have to change it eventually.
      I agree. We need more then one good striker. Many teams can play with two strikers or three. look at barcelona, 3 midfielders and 3 strikers.
             Gerrard    Masche    Alonso
      Kuyt (babel)     Džeko      Torrres
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: May 16, 2009 03:51:15 pm
      Dzeko signed for Liverpool on my FM for 13 million pounds. Spooky...
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #28: May 16, 2009 04:42:15 pm
      I am starting to like this guy...another hatrick today as Volfsburg get closer to the Bundesliga title!!
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #29: May 16, 2009 05:07:51 pm

Well that must be why we want Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg, not someone touted world wide like Villa, Eto'o, Tevez or *cough* Keane. We tried signing a world class striker, Torres plays best up-front on his own, and even better with Gerrard supporting him. If you can name a front two better than Torres supported by Gerrard please enlighten me.

Our front 2 and RW (Kuyt) can't be beat at the moment, another wide-left player, to replace Babel, and a secondary option up front, and we're set IMO.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #30: May 16, 2009 06:24:22 pm
      Our front 2 and RW (Kuyt) can't be beat at the moment, another wide-left player, to replace Babel, and a secondary option up front, and we're set IMO.

Another RB too ;),mate?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: May 17, 2009 05:04:50 am
      Whats wrong with Steven Darby? I think the back up RB spot should be his, no doubt.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #32: May 18, 2009 10:55:13 am
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: May 18, 2009 01:39:04 pm
      He scored a good hat trick at the weekend.
      andy5star
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #34: May 24, 2009 08:58:50 pm
      Stats 25 goals in 31 apps (all competitions)
      23 years old
      6'3" tall - great in the air. two footed. fast.
      I don't care what league he plays in, I've seen this fella play and he's quality.
      If we get a decent left sided player, we can play 4-4-2 as well. it'll be good to have a plan b against sh*t bag teams.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #35: May 28, 2009 12:12:12 pm
      Well that must be why we want Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg, not someone touted world wide like Villa, Eto'o, Tevez or *cough* Keane. We tried signing a world class striker, Torres plays best up-front on his own, and even better with Gerrard supporting him. If you can name a front two better than Torres supported by Gerrard please enlighten me.

Thats not why we want Dzeko, it's simply because he has the quality to make it in any league and he's only 23. Allmost all major clubs have been linked with him.
       We'll be set untill someone gets injured.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #36: Jun 02, 2009 04:09:17 pm
      Quality player, been voted player of the year in the bundesliga. Successor of Ribéry.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #37: Jun 02, 2009 04:18:12 pm
      Just looks like the real deal doesn't he. Yes hes the Bundesliga and even Voronin can perform well there, but the very fact that hes from Bosnia surviving the wars since young, speaks volumes about his character and attitude as a person. He was on either one of WorldSoccer/FourFourTwo mags I've been reading at the bookstores, speaking about his survival to his metoric rise to fame.

Grabbing his chance well enough and performing at the top level.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #38: Jun 03, 2009 05:46:46 pm
      Looks like he will join Chelsea. Ancelotti likes him very much after he impressed him in Milan Wolfsburg match.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #39: Jun 03, 2009 07:09:31 pm
      Speculation linking Wolfsburg star Edin Dzeko with a move to Chelsea is likely to subside following confirmation from the striker that he is in talks to extend his contract.

Dzeko played a key role in Wolfsburg’s Bundesliga triumph this season with his impressive tally of 26 goals earning him the recognition of his fellow professionals when being named Gerrmany’s Players’ Footballer of the Year.

Such prolific form also alerted some of Europe’s biggest clubs to the potential of the 23-year-old and Dzeko himself confirmed that Chelsea had shown an interest.

But Wolfsburg are determined to hold onto their star striker and have instigated contract talks with Dzeko, who appears happy to stay in Germany for another season.

"Talks on a new contract with Wolfsburg are currently underway. If I get what I have asked for I will most likely stay there for another year," said Dzeko.

The striker represents Bosnia at international level and joined Wolfsburg from FK Teplice in the summer of 2007.

This has been posted on Setanta
      zlatan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 03, 2009 07:44:04 pm
      Edin Dzeko organised a press conference today,and there he said that he doesn't know will he stay, or will he leave Wolfsburg.He will know better in 10 days.

I would really like that we sign this player. I find him extraordinary, scored 7 goals with left foot,10 with right foot and 9 headers.. that's only in Bundesliga. He is also topscorer of European qualifications for South Africa..
      jossi
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #41: Jun 05, 2009 02:27:40 am
      this guy looks quality , finshed of a great championship winning season with a hat trick in last game in a 5 nil win . his strike partner looks fairly decent too , dont know his name tho ..

number one choice striker signing for me

go get him Rafa before his snapped up  ;)
      zlatan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 05, 2009 12:26:31 pm
      The other striker is Grafite, a Brazilian..great player, but 30yrs old!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #43: Jun 05, 2009 06:58:12 pm
      Didn't you learn nothing from Degen & Voronin? A player who is outstanding in the BUNDESLIGA is just average in the Premier League. The quality in Germany's league is just not good enough to produce top level players that can take us to the next level. Out of the Bundesliga only Ribery and Diego would seem good enough to bring us further. Also the language is an issue. We shouldn't take ANY - I repeat: ANY - players who can't speak English or Spanish fluently. Because otherwise these players have difficulties to get used to England, Liverpool FC and end like Voronin....
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #44: Jun 05, 2009 07:41:04 pm
      We shouldn't take ANY - I repeat: ANY - players who can't speak English or Spanish fluently. Because otherwise these players have difficulties to get used to England, Liverpool FC and end like Voronin....

I don't mind other foreign players as long as they are willing to get to grips with the language as quickly as possible.

I doubt if:

Agger
      Skrtel
      Kuyt
      N'Gog

could all speak English or Spanish fluently when they first got here.

Also, I don't really see the Spanish speaking thing bar for social reasons. I'm pretty sure Rafa has a rule that English must be spoken at all times?
      zlatan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 05, 2009 08:14:41 pm
      Dzeko speaks Czech,German and Bosnian fluently, and I'm quite sure that he can speak and understand english very well too..If not, he is young and smart and will learn in no time..

btw. He just netted 2 more goals for Bosnian national team in an exibition match..

Quick Reply