Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Roberto Ayala (Valencia)

Read 2298 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Roberto Ayala (Valencia)
      Jan 18, 2007 01:26:17 pm
      Roberto Ayala's agent has revealed that he is close to agreeing a deal that will see him leave Valencia on a free transfer for an unnamed club.

The Argentine's contract expires this summer and Valencia have apparently made little effort to tie him down to a new one.

Villarreal have been interested in signing the fullback, but reports are now suggesting that Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will attempt to lure Ayala to Anfield after failing to land Blackburn defender Lucas Neill.

Ayala will be eligible to leave the Mestalla at the end of this season on a Bosman transfer and his agent Gustavo Mascardi has now confirmed that Ayala will sign a pre-contract with another club in the next few weeks if Valencia do not offer him a new deal.

"We have nearly reached an agreement with another club for next season, only a few details are outstanding," Mascardi told Radio Valencia SER.

"I cannot wait forever for a call from [Valencia sporting director Amedeo] Carboni about the negotiations.

"If nothing changes before the 4th or 5th of February we will sign the definitive document."

I'd much rather see Ayala at Anfield than that money grabbing fcukwit Lucas Neill.

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2007 12:27:22 pm by JD »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Ayala heading for Liverpool?
      Reply #1: Jan 18, 2007 01:29:55 pm
      Roberto Ayala's agent has revealed that he is close to agreeing a deal that will see him leave Valencia on a free transfer for an unnamed club.

The Argentine's contract expires this summer and Valencia have apparently made little effort to tie him down to a new one.

Villarreal have been interested in signing the fullback, but reports are now suggesting that Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will attempt to lure Ayala to Anfield after failing to land Blackburn defender Lucas Neill.

Ayala will be eligible to leave the Mestalla at the end of this season on a Bosman transfer and his agent Gustavo Mascardi has now confirmed that Ayala will sign a pre-contract with another club in the next few weeks if Valencia do not offer him a new deal.

"We have nearly reached an agreement with another club for next season, only a few details are outstanding," Mascardi told Radio Valencia SER.

"I cannot wait forever for a call from [Valencia sporting director Amedeo] Carboni about the negotiations.

"If nothing changes before the 4th or 5th of February we will sign the definitive document."

I'd much rather see Ayala at Anfield than that money grabbing fcukwit Lucas Neill.

Hiya Tommo, saw that meself this morning, thought it said he was only coming on loan though ?  Must check that out, mind you, you know what Sky Sports are like   ;) ;D
      Peter North
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2007 01:31:06 pm
      Tommo, I thought that Chelsea were interested, thats why they cooled on Ben Haim..??
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #3: Jan 18, 2007 01:34:29 pm
      Remeber the last player we signed from Valancia?? Pellergrino! Not to sure about buying old centre backs as Ayala is gotta be about 32/33....

was class tho back in the day...........
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Jan 18, 2007 01:35:19 pm
      Hiya smigger,
         Got that info off ITV-football.co.uk site. Could do with him signing now, rather than end of the season (if at all).
         I just hope we do sign cover for Finnan before the end of the transfer window.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Jan 18, 2007 01:51:16 pm
      Hiya smigger,
         Got that info off ITV-football.co.uk site. Could do with him signing now, rather than end of the season (if at all).
         I just hope we do sign cover for Finnan before the end of the transfer window.

Me too Tommo, Fins will be totally f*cked by the end of the season, we need back up for him while we progress to the CL Final  !! ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2007 02:15:36 pm
      Yes we do need cover for Finnan, but do we need another Centre Half? i know Ayala was class and it would be for the short term but do you think we should be looking at a player who's 34 in April
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #7: Jan 18, 2007 02:50:26 pm
      I agree, think he was class in his day but I'd nearly prefer to see the club sign young decent talent. If Rafa thinks Ayala can do a job for 1-2 more years like Hyypia until these players are mature enough for big stage then I'd be all for it.

rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Re: Roberto Ayala (Valencia)
      Reply #8: Jan 25, 2007 05:19:29 pm
      Hes a amazing player and he would be great in the champo league against barca. But my only worry is that he sort of reminds me of pellengro :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #9: Feb 01, 2007 09:14:50 pm
      Hes a amazing player and he would be great in the champo league against barca. But my only worry is that he sort of reminds me of pellengro :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
      so he cant't be amazing can he!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #10: Feb 09, 2007 12:57:59 pm
      Argentine defender Roberto Ayala has defended his decision to quit Valencia at the end of the season and join local rivals Villarreal.

The 33-year-old's contract at Valencia expires in the summer and his future has been up in the air for some time.

He looked primed to leave the Mestalla last summer before ultimately agreeing to stay and it was thought he would subsequently agree new terms with the Che.

However, despite indicating a desire to stay long-term, Ayala - who played in Argentina's 1-0 win over France on Wednesday - claims Valencia showed little interest in negotiating a new deal and consequently decided to accept a lucrative switch to Villarreal.

The stopper insists, though, that he will continue to give his all for Valencia whilst still at the club and has his eyes set on signing off with some silverware.

"Signing for Villarreal does not mean I don't want to win a title with Valencia this season," he stated after the game in Paris.

"Today and in the future I will defend the shirt of Valencia with the same dignity as I have done since the moment I arrived here.

"A few weeks ago I said I wanted to stay and nobody at Valencia showed any intention to make me stay."

So that ends that speculation then.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2007 11:47:09 pm
      Already he has signed for the villareal
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233