Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool Pre Season Fixtures 2009/10

Read 34368 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Liverpool Pre Season Fixtures 2009/10
      Reply #92: May 23, 2009 10:02:30 am
      I got me tickets for the Grandstand Red :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #93: May 23, 2009 11:39:34 am
      Couple of things.

What's a Kop scarf? Is that just a scarf with the words Kop on?

The other thing is while I hope there is a decent squad for people to see, remember that the Confederations Cup is on and surely depending on Spain's progress in that, many of Liverpool's spanish players may get an extended break.  Anyway, good luck to everyone who is going to see the mighty reds in Asia this summer.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #94: May 23, 2009 12:27:57 pm
      Couple of things.

The other thing is while I hope there is a decent squad for people to see, remember that the Confederations Cup is on and surely depending on Spain's progress in that, many of Liverpool's spanish players may get an extended break.  Anyway, good luck to everyone who is going to see the mighty reds in Asia this summer.

I assume it's a scarf with the words "Liverpool" or "you'll never walk alone on it".Steve Mcmahon,said that they wanted to recreate 'the Kop' in Asia.When the players walk on to  the pitch on that day ,"You'll never walk alone" will be played and the supporters sitting in 'the Kop' end are expected to hold up their scarfs and sing along,which I am pretty sure they will. For me,I think this effort shows that Liverpool are not only here for the publicity and money but also to educate Asian fans about their traditions . I think it's a good move,don't know how the locals back in Liverpool will feel though.What do you guys think?

redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #95: May 23, 2009 02:00:15 pm
      Couple of things.

The other thing is while I hope there is a decent squad for people to see, remember that the Confederations Cup is on and surely depending on Spain's progress in that, many of Liverpool's spanish players may get an extended break.  Anyway, good luck to everyone who is going to see the mighty reds in Asia this summer.

They may get an extended break but one thing is for sure, the likes of Torres will be down, so probably that means so do the likes of Arbeloa, Alonso and Reina. Steve McMahon has took time to organise this to bring the full squad, like I said, barring injury. This is less than a month before the season starts, surely preparation would be in full swing.

Well done Ad for getting Grandstand Red, govinox for getting Kop stand, and deemc for getting North Stand. Another singaporean on here I suppose :D, And as I think the dressing room is at the Northstand, the likes of Torres and Gerrard will be walking metres below you!

Also, I think its a good move, if the fans on The Kop that day can sing aloud, then I dont know how much are they going to embarass the locals of Liverpool. East Entrance for the game is called 'The Kop', aimed at recreating the atmosphere to give fans the chance to experience one of the best atmospheres in the world. Looking forward to singing YNWA with 55000 fans, so far I've only been able to do that alone :(. Many people will be impressed by the way Liverpool fans conduct themselves when they support their team so I assume that this will put the mancs, chavs fans to shame, especially in Singapore where these cocky bas**rds have no respect for Liverpool.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      Reply #96: May 23, 2009 02:21:19 pm
      They may get an extended break but one thing is for sure, the likes of Torres will be down, so probably that means so do the likes of Arbeloa, Alonso and Reina. Steve McMahon has took time to organise this to bring the full squad, like I said, barring injury. This is less than a month before the season starts, surely preparation would be in full swing.

Well done Ad for getting Grandstand Red, govinox for getting Kop stand, and deemc for getting North Stand. Another singaporean on here I suppose :D, And as I think the dressing room is at the Northstand, the likes of Torres and Gerrard will be walking metres below you!

Also, I think its a good move, if the fans on The Kop that day can sing aloud, then I dont know how much are they going to embarass the locals of Liverpool. East Entrance for the game is called 'The Kop', aimed at recreating the atmosphere to give fans the chance to experience one of the best atmospheres in the world. Looking forward to singing YNWA with 55000 fans, so far I've only been able to do that alone :(. Many people will be impressed by the way Liverpool fans conduct themselves when they support their team so I assume that this will put the mancs, chavs fans to shame, especially in Singapore where these cocky bas**rds have no respect for Liverpool.

Well said redsonfire.Looking forward to singing YNWA with you and the other Asian fans here!;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #97: May 23, 2009 04:55:12 pm
      Doesn't really make sense that people who pay $88 for The Kop gets a free scarf but those who paid for the $188 have no mention of getting something(hopefully a photo session with the team, haha)

I may not be on 'The Kop' end but I'll sing my heart out loud. I want Liverpool FC to know that there are genuine Kopites in Asia as well and hope we can create the Anfield atmosphere so to as though they never left Anfield!
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      Reply #98: May 23, 2009 05:29:53 pm
      Doesn't really make sense that people who pay $88 for The Kop gets a free scarf but those who paid for the $188 have no mention of getting something(hopefully a photo session with the team, haha)

I may not be on 'The Kop' end but I'll sing my heart out loud. I want Liverpool FC to know that there are genuine Kopites in Asia as well and hope we can create the Anfield atmosphere so to as though they never left Anfield!

It will be easy to spot you then,Ad.Just look for the guy who is singing his lungs out on  the grandstand.;)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #99: May 23, 2009 05:31:30 pm
      Guess what I just did. In bid to find out if the guy who replied me in the email is Steve McMahon himself, I emailed him. Here is my email.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I suppose you are Steve McMahon the former Liverpool player himself? Well done for bringing Liverpool to Singapore, and for the idea for recreating the atmosphere at Anfield. I am pretty sure that there are many who are unable to make the trip to Anfield, and this move is a good one that will delight all fans around the region.

Would just like to introduce myself, I am Charles from Singapore, 15 this year and a fervent Liverpool supporter for 7 years now. We have just mounted our best title challenge for years, and probably the best since the time I started supporting Liverpool. There were many ups and downs throughout the whole of this season, and although we did not finish the season with a EPL title, we have done ourselves very proud. We hav shown constant progression through the years since Rafa took over, and I'm certain that with the right summer additions, next season can be our season. For now, well done to United for equalling our record.

Also, would just like to ask for your opinions on how Liverpool fared this season, and whether you are Steve McMahon the man himself!

Looking forward to your reply,
      Charles
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #100: May 23, 2009 05:34:27 pm

Its always expensive you pay for a better seat. Its individual seating, and has shelter from the rain. I suppose thats better than the other 50000 seats of the stadium whereby its uncovered and its free seating.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #101: May 23, 2009 05:53:17 pm
      Its always expensive you pay for a better seat. Its individual seating, and has shelter from the rain. I suppose thats better than the other 50000 seats of the stadium whereby its uncovered and its free seating.
      Yeah, but don't you think I should get some free autographed Stevie G or El Nino poster for that? ;D
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #102: May 23, 2009 05:54:43 pm
      Yes, Get one for me too mate!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #103: May 23, 2009 06:17:02 pm
      Guess what I just did. In bid to find out if the guy who replied me in the email is Steve McMahon himself, I emailed him. Here is my email.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I suppose you are Steve McMahon the former Liverpool player himself? Well done for bringing Liverpool to Singapore, and for the idea for recreating the atmosphere at Anfield. I am pretty sure that there are many who are unable to make the trip to Anfield, and this move is a good one that will delight all fans around the region.

Would just like to introduce myself, I am Charles from Singapore, 15 this year and a fervent Liverpool supporter for 7 years now. We have just mounted our best title challenge for years, and probably the best since the time I started supporting Liverpool. There were many ups and downs throughout the whole of this season, and although we did not finish the season with a EPL title, we have done ourselves very proud. We hav shown constant progression through the years since Rafa took over, and I'm certain that with the right summer additions, next season can be our season. For now, well done to United for equalling our record.

Also, would just like to ask for your opinions on how Liverpool fared this season, and whether you are Steve McMahon the man himself!

Looking forward to your reply,
      Charles

Well in!

Let us know if he replies and put it on here (before to frame it and put it on your wall! ;)).
      phosphate
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #104: May 24, 2009 07:41:10 am
      I'd like to go for the St. Gallen game, any Swiss Red can advise whether tickets will sell out quickly? I also reckon I'll have a problem with transport in getting back to Fribourg after the game.
      ppool73
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #105: May 24, 2009 10:08:35 am
      If anyone interested in the Singapore match for 2 east stand "The Kop" tickets, pls contact ppool73@ymail.com

These tickets come with free exclusive limited edition Kop scarf to be given away on match day.
      lepupe
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #106: May 24, 2009 03:40:45 pm
      about st.gallen: nobody expects over here the game to be sold out. but for such a testgame the cheaper tickets will sell better. just watch, that you will not end up in the st.gallen fan-block.
      online ticket shopping: usually there is a print@home option, so you may print your ticket immediately.

we do not expect a lot from this game: liverpool will probably not show up with their best at that time and st.gallen will be playing liverpool in between the 2 first season-games - which are much more important of course. last year in the same situation the coach of st.gallen did not let play one of the top-14 players just one minute against werder bremen (= b team).

an update from the team: st.gallen won the last game away on monday in basel against concordia basel and fixed the promotion to the top league (super league) with 2 games to play. the last game next sunday will see the new stadium to be sold out for the first time (20'000).

gegson
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #107: May 28, 2009 02:20:04 pm
      whao i think its gonna be a great time for our players and fans over there in Asia.
      Torres_LFC9
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #108: May 28, 2009 09:53:49 pm
      Just had a nice quote of £1500 return to fly out to Spain in august! What a joke!!
      AlwaysLfc
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #109: Jun 10, 2009 01:46:49 pm
      Don't supose you know where the Swiss training camp is and i heard remours here in Germany that we also go to
      FV Donaueschingen for training.Any ideas
      AlwaysLfc
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #110: Jun 10, 2009 01:49:57 pm
      Game at St Gallen nearly sold out
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #111: Jun 11, 2009 08:01:20 am
      Latest Liverpool Ticket Information for the Pre-Season tour at Asia.

Latest Ticket Information As at 13:15 on Wednesday 10th June 2009

Singapore Match:
      GRANDSTAND LOWER & VIP AREA - SOLD OUT.
      GRANDSTAND RED, GRANDSTAND BALCONY & KOP (EAST STAND) - Due to heavy demand, tickets for these sections have now been called back from our overseas offices making more available in Singapore from The Profitable Group Office, 9 Stanley Street, Singapore, WHILE STOCKS LAST. No reservations. First come, first served. Cash transactions only.
      North & South stand tickets still available from Courts, Harrys & Adidas stores as well as Profitable Group, 9 Stanley Street, Singapore

Bangkok Match:
      VVIP, SOUTH ZONE & NORTH ZONE - SOLD OUT.
      KOP (East Zone) - 250 tickets available from the Adidas Store at Central Ledpraw, Bangkok. 183 Kop tickets available from Profitable Group office, Two Pacific Place, Bangkok. These are the only outlets with KOP tickets left.
      mikki
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #112: Jun 11, 2009 10:19:05 am
      just found this - sorry if already posted!!
      mikki

Three friendly games have been announced for a John McMahon managed Liverpool XI in July and August. 
      The first game is away to Welsh side Aberystwyth Town on Saturday, July 18, at the Park Avenue Stadium.

The game is being played as part of their 125th Anniversary Season. Kick-off is 3pm.

A Liverpool XI will then travel to Notts County on Friday, July 31, at Meadow Lane. Kick-off will be 7.45pm.

The team will then travel to take on Bristol Rovers at The Memorial Stadium on Monday, August 3, at 7.30pm. 
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #113: Jun 11, 2009 12:25:08 pm
      Thats from Liverpoolfc.tv

No I doubt its posted, can't wait for these 3 friendles!
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #114: Jun 12, 2009 12:59:44 pm
      Yeah they can easily score 20 but the won't really take it seriously. That's what I think.

really i know its training, but we're better off giving the young lads a go. see what they're made of. might see some magic ;) give the 1st team a break and dont give the teh opprotunity to get injured like so often happens at the start of everyyyyy premier league bc of Euro or world Cup or whatever!

Quick Reply