Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Hatton v Pacquiao

Read 9088 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Hatton v Pacquiao
      Reply #23: May 03, 2009 06:48:25 pm
      Pacquiao was sensational, i thought he killed Hatton with the knockout, it was an unbelieveable punch, Hatton wouldn't have got up if he had ten minutes, what a fight Pacquiao and Mayweather if they can set it up.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: May 03, 2009 09:53:41 pm
      what a fight Pacquiao and Mayweather if they can set it up.

Imagine that!!

Can't believe I ended up staying up for this fight.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #25: May 03, 2009 09:58:43 pm
      Neither can I, after you telling me to go home early coz you were going the match. :P *strops off*

My taxi driver was Irish and by god, he was one of those Irish fellas that's very hard to understand. Good job I was pissed, or I wouldn't have understood a word. As it ws though, everything he said was crystal clear.

I watched the second round of the fight when I got up today. Was horrible to see him lying there in such a bad way.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: May 03, 2009 10:01:34 pm
      I blame beer and itunes.

Yeah, it's never good to see someone take a beating like that. Career over.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: May 03, 2009 10:04:24 pm
      Why do they do it  ???

Can't do you any good at all ..........hope he finishes now, before he does himself any further injury, he didn't half take some punches there......ouch  :boxing:
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #28: May 03, 2009 10:07:18 pm
      I predicted an Pacquiao to KO Hatton and in result Hatton to retire.

Hatton was poor. Time to quit
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29: May 03, 2009 10:21:48 pm
      Pacquiao is an animal :D

Be awesome to see him take on Mayweather!
      john jones
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #30: May 03, 2009 10:36:00 pm
      I hope he calls it a day now would not like him to get hurt. He is one of our best ever boxers.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #31: May 04, 2009 06:25:54 pm
      I am very surprised that he actually went into the ring with a fighter that was pretty much like mayweather but faster.  He got convincingly outclassed against Mayweather and totally humiliated against Paco.  I mean he did an Amir Khan.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #32: May 05, 2009 01:07:23 am
      Hatton got this so tactically wrong,why did he ignore his trainers advice and go out like a bull in a china shop?what a waste of money!!!two rounds of action£14.
      5starred
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #33: May 05, 2009 03:54:42 pm
      could of been worst you could have flown over 5000 miles and spent around £350 flight and £100 to £700 for fight tickets £14 dont seem to bad my boss went over cant wait to see him haha
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34: May 05, 2009 04:17:46 pm
      Mayweather vs Pac Man now plz
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #35: May 05, 2009 04:22:08 pm
      Mayweather vs Pac Man will definitely be arranged in the 12 months.  But it is going to be a disapointment as its probably going to be a 12 rounder and Pac Man will win on points!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #36: May 08, 2009 06:29:22 pm
      I have been a fan of boxing for a long time. I have seen dudes who were supposed to be "The Next Best Thing" come and go. They all get tagged with the "Pound for Pound " title and dont measure up for sh*t. But Pacquiao, Is the real deal. He's smart,has great ring control,takes a punch. Hatton come out and thought he could stalk Pacquaio, move in close and take away Pac's power. Tie him up and then punch out of the clinch. But the problem with that is,  out of the clinch,  Pac is faster, and just punched through the clinch then rained those lefts. Their's something to be said for a Southpaw with smarts and power.

Problem with Hatton was he spent to much time fighting in England. The best in the world fight in in the US. Its not a slight against the UK. Its just fact. Every good boxer and trainer comes to the US to fight. Hatton never really faced top flight talent, consistently. I think if Hatton had come to the US and trained and boxed here 6-8 years ago he would be a lot better.

Pac will destroy Mayweather. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #37: May 10, 2009 12:11:20 am
      He's a sound lad but way past his best in his prime he could have given a better account of himself,why do fighters carry on like this? I've met the man he's a diamond salt of the earth an all that but why did he go in with an opponent so superior in every boxing quality and why couldn't he acknowledge the fact? He is a very intelligent man and must surely see that retirement is the only option left to him.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #38: May 19, 2009 02:46:28 am
      He's a sound lad but way past his best in his prime he could have given a better account of himself,why do fighters carry on like this? I've met the man he's a diamond salt of the earth an all that but why did he go in with an opponent so superior in every boxing quality and why couldn't he acknowledge the fact? He is a very intelligent man and must surely see that retirement is the only option left to him.
      He's a Boxer. They are the only athletes who dont know when to say when. Look at the history of boxing how many greats of their time just stayed to long. Ali,Frazier,Holyfield,Leonard,Hagler,Hearns,Joe Louis, Foreman came back won the title then as usual stayed to long and lost the title. He would of been a bigger legend If he just came back won the Heavyweight Title again and then retired for good. Instead he continued and became another in a long line of "Ex Champs".

Rocky, he should of called it quits after Clubber Lange beat him.

Quick Reply